"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Those Spiderman Pushups are hard!

Thursday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 3x10x30lb.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 3x12.

Food: on target.

Assessment: A good week of exercise for me. Glad to be getting back into the full swing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Those Spiderman Pushups are hard!

Thursday: Strength Training: lower body

Squats: 3x10x30lb.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 3x12.

Food: on target.

Assessment: A good week of exercise for me. Glad to be getting back into the full swing.
    Another good one!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Last day at my FIL house painting. Got a couple of clients today too.

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment: Ready for New Years!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Last Friday of the year! Planning to just take finish off the year with a bang and get back to basics!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8 method

Assessment:Food is over right now, but expected!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous day today! Drove two and a half hours in a downpour to get to the mountain to snowboard....FANTASTIC DAY! The snow was sloppy but still doable. Logged in three actual hours of snowboarding in My Fitness Pal .... guesstimated it at 1900 calorie burn! Holy crap! Felt like i lost 5 pounds just sweating off the weight in the loft. haha. What a damn great day to ring in the new year. Fantastic. I am so stoked.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Ridiculous day today! Drove two and a half hours in a downpour to get to the mountain to snowboard....FANTASTIC DAY! The snow was sloppy but still doable. Logged in three actual hours of snowboarding in My Fitness Pal .... guesstimated it at 1900 calorie burn! Holy crap! Felt like i lost 5 pounds just sweating off the weight in the loft. haha. What a damn great day to ring in the new year. Fantastic. I am so stoked.
    Sounds like so much fun! I missed the opportunity last week to snowboard because I had to work last week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Happy New Year's Eve! Got class, a flag football game and then fun with family all day! Later tonight is the family party till the wee hours of the morning!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Last day of food binging till tomorrow!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun! I missed the opportunity last week to snowboard because I had to work last week.

Oh man, that totally blows. I know what its like to have to work though....I'm making it happen this year...just been waiting on the snow to cooperate. It's been in the forties and fifties here, so the midwest resorts have been struggling, but we'll get it.

SATURDAY:

CARDIO:

Ran outside on my road today in the 37 degree cold. Felt amazing....went about 2.5 miles in 20 minutes, which is great for me. I even felt like I was going slow, but that's a faster speed than I normally clock on the treadmill, so I'll take it for now. Estimated burn 236 calories.

FOOD: Low in calories so far, but am going to a NYE party tonight. Don't plan on snacking too much though...not really interested. Want to get back on my restrictions.

ASSESSMENT: Still have room to make up for my HUGE deficit yesterday....Hope I can kick this body back into gear...I'm determined to lose those last five pounds in my original goal. But either way, I had a HUGE NSV yesterday with my snow pants...bought them four months ago and couldn't barely zip them up. When I put them on yesterday they were loose in the waist band. It made me really take notice of how much change my body has gone through because daily I don't see it. I felt great, felt like I belonged somewhere, and definitely noticed all of my efforts are paying off in my muscle and body stamina. All in all, a great start to the new year.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    MAJOR NSV ALERT!!! Copies of my two most recent comments:

Oh and WAY under my food goals for the past two days...HUGE burns, HUGE deficits...and a helluva lot of fun. What a way to ring in the new year's resolutions....Time to get back at it hard. Went to a party and only had sparkling grape juice [no alcohol!], a couple tortilla chips, five pepperoni/cheese/crackers and a tiny slice of spinach flatbread. I feel so good about resisting the temptation of the chips and cookies and god knows what else. And then I danced it all off. FINALLY back where I need to be in my head and my conditioning....My body feels great [other than the bruises and blisters!] GREAT NIGHT!

Oh my gosh, i am SO SO stoked! Who gets to spend their New Year's Weekend snowboarding and dancing? This girl!!! GREAT burns all around, compliments all around, new friends and new contacts, new support and new respect...it feels so great to have so many people believe in me. I couldn't have had a more uplifting, affirming weekend. I know I love this, because I just found out I could love myself.....Happy New Year!!!!!!! Thanks for all of your support! I love my mfp friends!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yes for NSV!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy New Year and New You! Start for many on a new journey and hopefully everyone sticks with it! I'm not doing much personally today but resting after a crazy weekend! Just want the 49ers to win so they can get a bye next week, so I'll be watching NFL today for most of the day!

Cardio: NONE

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Last day of kicking it around!
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    "Rest day" today. If you can call not enough sleep and working 8-hour shift restful....Started assessing the bruises, blisters and sore muscles the weekend left me to deal with...haha. But I'm thrilled to see and experience just how much my muscle stamina and overall fitness level has increased by leaps and bounds since I went into my training program. Sticking with it...hitting the gym hard this coming week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    "Rest day" today. If you can call not enough sleep and working 8-hour shift restful....Started assessing the bruises, blisters and sore muscles the weekend left me to deal with...haha. But I'm thrilled to see and experience just how much my muscle stamina and overall fitness level has increased by leaps and bounds since I went into my training program. Sticking with it...hitting the gym hard this coming week.
    Have a nice rest day!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! This is it! Time to make it happen! It's going to be a very busy first day of the January and I'm already getting inundated with emails from new clients. But that comes with the territory! So here we go!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: So I'm starting high at 195.4lbs. Highest weight I've been all year and in awhile, but hopefully I put on a little muscle over that time. Now back to a more comfortable weight in the lower 180's!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    MAJOR NSV ALERT!!! Copies of my two most recent comments:

Oh and WAY under my food goals for the past two days...HUGE burns, HUGE deficits...and a helluva lot of fun. What a way to ring in the new year's resolutions....Time to get back at it hard. Went to a party and only had sparkling grape juice [no alcohol!], a couple tortilla chips, five pepperoni/cheese/crackers and a tiny slice of spinach flatbread. I feel so good about resisting the temptation of the chips and cookies and god knows what else. And then I danced it all off. FINALLY back where I need to be in my head and my conditioning....My body feels great [other than the bruises and blisters!] GREAT NIGHT!

Oh my gosh, i am SO SO stoked! Who gets to spend their New Year's Weekend snowboarding and dancing? This girl!!! GREAT burns all around, compliments all around, new friends and new contacts, new support and new respect...it feels so great to have so many people believe in me. I couldn't have had a more uplifting, affirming weekend. I know I love this, because I just found out I could love myself.....Happy New Year!!!!!!! Thanks for all of your support! I love my mfp friends!

So awesome! Glad you had such an awesome day.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Monday: Strength Training Upper Body

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x8x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 2x5

Triceps: 3x15 dips, 3x10x15lb skullcrushers

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans, 1x30sec side plank (per side), 1x30sec superman.

Biceps: 3x10x15lb curls.

2x10 Mountain Climbers.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Options
    CARDIO:

Elliptical Trainer 15 minutes 112 calories burned

Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile) 25 minutes 311 calories burned

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) 40 minutes 140 calories burned

Pilates on the ball 10 minutes 34 calories burned

Total Burn: 597 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING:

Standing Calf Press 3x20x80 [weight increase!]
    Preacher's Bicep Curl 3x10x30
    Standing Tricep Extension 3x10x40 [weight increase!]
    Free Weights 2x15x20
    Oblique Abdominal Crunch 2x40
    Abdominal Crunches 2x40
    Leg Press 3x10x140 [weight increase]
    Toe Press 3x10x50 [weight increase]
    Seated Lateral Pull 6x10x60
    Seated Cable Row 3x10x45

FOOD: At my calorie goal before exercise. Net 1,040 cals after exercise.

ASSESSMENT: Despite some increases, felt rather pathetic at the gym today. Don't know if this was just my overall fatigue from sleeplessness or what...I pushed myself really hard despite all of that. Hope I'm still doing well. Friday's weigh-in should tell the story loud and clear after what felt like a hard and physically exhausting holiday week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    CARDIO:

Elliptical Trainer 15 minutes 112 calories burned

Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile) 25 minutes 311 calories burned

Strength training (weight lifting, weight training) 40 minutes 140 calories burned

Pilates on the ball 10 minutes 34 calories burned

Total Burn: 597 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING:

Standing Calf Press 3x20x80 [weight increase!]
    Preacher's Bicep Curl 3x10x30
    Standing Tricep Extension 3x10x40 [weight increase!]
    Free Weights 2x15x20
    Oblique Abdominal Crunch 2x40
    Abdominal Crunches 2x40
    Leg Press 3x10x140 [weight increase]
    Toe Press 3x10x50 [weight increase]
    Seated Lateral Pull 6x10x60
    Seated Cable Row 3x10x45

FOOD: At my calorie goal before exercise. Net 1,040 cals after exercise.

ASSESSMENT: Despite some increases, felt rather pathetic at the gym today. Don't know if this was just my overall fatigue from sleeplessness or what...I pushed myself really hard despite all of that. Hope I'm still doing well. Friday's weigh-in should tell the story loud and clear after what felt like a hard and physically exhausting holiday week.
    Don't cut yourself short. Increases in weight are an indication of strength gain!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Busy yesterday and the gym was pretty packed! Expected though as well as hearing some of the grumbles from the regulars. But it should calm back down in another couple of weeks.
    Daughter goes back to school and I added a few more clients due to the New Year, so I'll be busy!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment: Back to the grind and decent eating again!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! So far this week's been really good. Been on point with workout and food and have been pretty busy with clients both regular and new. Looking to have a great workout today since I like to do back!

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:cack- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Well in charge of eating well again.