"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    You are SO boss. I love frog squats but yes, they are KILLER and you feel them in the *kitten* the next day haha. Keep it up....no one's going to hold a candle to you some day. You're so inspiring.

Glad to know that there's not much to worry about. I finally spent about an hour on ice and feel better than I have all day, so that's grateful. I know that not resting is part of the problem...getting back on my board and pulling hard on those muscles when they're already traumatized is not a good thing. But it IS trying to heal...I sort of wish my butt didn't hurt. Sitting is still beyond uncomfortable almost 100 percent of the time. And I'm mostly hoping I didn't tear my hamstring but I might have....won't be able to tell anything until the pain from the bruising in my tissues heals up and that might take another two to four weeks.

Just making sure that from the pics and what ive already told you about my injury that you guys dont think i need a preemptive doctors visit right now...only if it doesn't seem to heal or begins to hurt more than necessary....but like i said, rest, ice and a little light massage that i can stand usually help relieve some of the pain and otherwise just time and patience to dissipate the fluid.

You guys have been so kind. Thank you for the support and the advice and helping me get through it. The mental downside of this is hard to deal with when you know all I want is to be killing it in the gym again and doing my P90X.......but once the snowboarding season ends i can truly rest and then start training again for my 5K in June! So stoked.
    Well looking at the pics, I'm going to say that's a 2nd degree hamstring strain (I had the same injury) so it's an actual tear. Any pressure on it would hurt like hell, so all I can tell you is to be patient and slow about rehabbing it since hamstrings are notoriously easy to injure since training quads is what more people will pay attention to.
    It took me over a month to get my hamstring back to almost normal.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Thursday: Strength training, lower body

Squats: 3x15x40lb (added reps)

Squats - Frog: 3x10.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x10.

Split Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Calf raises: 3x10x40lb.

Food: on target.

Assessment: First good workout this week. Glad to get it in!
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Well looking at the pics, I'm going to say that's a 2nd degree hamstring strain (I had the same injury) so it's an actual tear. Any pressure on it would hurt like hell, so all I can tell you is to be patient and slow about rehabbing it since hamstrings are notoriously easy to injure since training quads is what more people will pay attention to.
    It took me over a month to get my hamstring back to almost normal.

Sounds about right.....*sigh* Funny, I don't even remember hurting it when I fell but I'm sure now that the hamstring is torn in some way. My usual leg regimen focused solely on leg and toe press and standing calf raise, and otherwise i relied on my cardio cross training to strengthen my leg muscles between running, bike, ellipticals and dance. I was JUST getting into the plyometrics training that you told me about when I did this. It's gonna be a while before I can do anything serious in the gym again....even stomping my foot, high steps and pressure does hurt like hell. I ice a lot and try to keep pressure off it, but you know how living goes lol. Patience patience....I'm sure it'll take at LEAST a month once i hang my board up for good....snowboarding relies heavily on ALL of the leg muscles but especially those hammies.
  • ninerbuff
    Sounds about right.....*sigh* Funny, I don't even remember hurting it when I fell but I'm sure now that the hamstring is torn in some way. My usual leg regimen focused solely on leg and toe press and standing calf raise, and otherwise i relied on my cardio cross training to strengthen my leg muscles between running, bike, ellipticals and dance. I was JUST getting into the plyometrics training that you told me about when I did this. It's gonna be a while before I can do anything serious in the gym again....even stomping my foot, high steps and pressure does hurt like hell. I ice a lot and try to keep pressure off it, but you know how living goes lol. Patience patience....I'm sure it'll take at LEAST a month once i hang my board up for good....snowboarding relies heavily on ALL of the leg muscles but especially those hammies.
    It may hurt, but you can try wrapping an ACE bandage around it for support. That will also keep fluid from building up too much in it.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Kickboxing this morning then later off to my aunt's b-day party.

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Ate good yesterday and now I'm down again.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Happy Shredurday! Ooooohhhhhhh boy, do I hurt! A skier "helped" me fall getting off the chairlift and I took a hard hit to that damn hip again. The hamstring feels okay right now, but it might show up tomorrow. The bruising has descended fully into my foot, but it doesn't hurt right now. I'm sure going to be limping at work tomorrow. No good. But I knew I would incur that risk. I shredded hard but it was WORTH it. i don't think I'm in any more pain than I have been, and it didn't make me feel like I was gonna pass out like the first time I did it, but my body isn't happy with me. It can suck it up, basically. I made a lot of progress riding today. Even got to take some boards for test runs on the mountain for free. I had some perfect, clean runs and that was GOLD. I'll take the pain for gold. :D

Ended up minus 400 some calories on food....so uh, no worries there.

Also, MAJOR NSV alert. My new snow pants came in, the mediums, which are a juniors size 7-9. Waist measure 27-28". I've NEVER EVER been a size 9 in my life. So of course I was nervous that they would come in and I had jumped the gun. But they fit perfectly!!! Oh. My. God. And I'm still going. I still have more to lose. Can't tell it on the scale....Yay swelling. But in two weeks my board will be hung up for good for the season and then I will heal. I promise.
  • brandiuntz
    Hello, gang. Sounds like a great weekend for you both. I was out of town, so no official exercise or logging, but am a little sore from packing and moving a bunch of boxes from my mom's house to mine. Done with that kind of trip for quite awhile (hopefully, for good).

Will be back on the official exercise and food logging goals tomorrow.
  • ninerbuff
    Happy Shredurday! Ooooohhhhhhh boy, do I hurt! A skier "helped" me fall getting off the chairlift and I took a hard hit to that damn hip again. The hamstring feels okay right now, but it might show up tomorrow. The bruising has descended fully into my foot, but it doesn't hurt right now. I'm sure going to be limping at work tomorrow. No good. But I knew I would incur that risk. I shredded hard but it was WORTH it. i don't think I'm in any more pain than I have been, and it didn't make me feel like I was gonna pass out like the first time I did it, but my body isn't happy with me. It can suck it up, basically. I made a lot of progress riding today. Even got to take some boards for test runs on the mountain for free. I had some perfect, clean runs and that was GOLD. I'll take the pain for gold. :D

Ended up minus 400 some calories on food....so uh, no worries there.

Also, MAJOR NSV alert. My new snow pants came in, the mediums, which are a juniors size 7-9. Waist measure 27-28". I've NEVER EVER been a size 9 in my life. So of course I was nervous that they would come in and I had jumped the gun. But they fit perfectly!!! Oh. My. God. And I'm still going. I still have more to lose. Can't tell it on the scale....Yay swelling. But in two weeks my board will be hung up for good for the season and then I will heal. I promise.
    So cool to hear. See this exercise and calorie thing does work!
  • ninerbuff
    Hello, gang. Sounds like a great weekend for you both. I was out of town, so no official exercise or logging, but am a little sore from packing and moving a bunch of boxes from my mom's house to mine. Done with that kind of trip for quite awhile (hopefully, for good).

Will be back on the official exercise and food logging goals tomorrow.
    Welcome back!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! TKO class this evening and a couple of clients. Getting back into being a bit more serious about dropping some fat, so my workout intensity will be increased.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Weekend was a free for all. Happens when parties happen.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Things are going better than expected. Snowboarding actually helped work out some of the swelling. I know because I finally dropped on the scale and my hamstring feels BETTER than it has in two weeks. Still not great by any means and everything is bruised, of course. My hip is bad again thanks to another bad fall on it, but I'm not anywhere near as sore as I have been all season and I even spent 6 hours shredding hard. So I'm happy about that. Next couple days off from work so I can really relax and rest. Looking forward to it. Otherwise, lost another pound from where I was before the injuries, so thats good, and I know I'm not completely out of the woods yet with the bruising and swell weight....so that made me happy to see at least another pound come off despite all of that. Been eating clean as much as possible. Almost a whole week into my no fast food plan. Had a hollow day yesterday, though, where it didnt matter what I ate, I was still hungry, so I made sure to eat almost 1400 cals today. Three days of under 1,000 has made me feel it, so I ate heavier today. Not exercising is driving me crazy. May get out for a very slow walk with the dog tomorrow if it's nice out, just to cure my restlessness. Depends on how everything feels. Alright, that's the update! Time to go ice....
  • ninerbuff
    Things are going better than expected. Snowboarding actually helped work out some of the swelling. I know because I finally dropped on the scale and my hamstring feels BETTER than it has in two weeks. Still not great by any means and everything is bruised, of course. My hip is bad again thanks to another bad fall on it, but I'm not anywhere near as sore as I have been all season and I even spent 6 hours shredding hard. So I'm happy about that. Next couple days off from work so I can really relax and rest. Looking forward to it. Otherwise, lost another pound from where I was before the injuries, so thats good, and I know I'm not completely out of the woods yet with the bruising and swell weight....so that made me happy to see at least another pound come off despite all of that. Been eating clean as much as possible. Almost a whole week into my no fast food plan. Had a hollow day yesterday, though, where it didnt matter what I ate, I was still hungry, so I made sure to eat almost 1400 cals today. Three days of under 1,000 has made me feel it, so I ate heavier today. Not exercising is driving me crazy. May get out for a very slow walk with the dog tomorrow if it's nice out, just to cure my restlessness. Depends on how everything feels. Alright, that's the update! Time to go ice....
    Good for you. Give it another week and try doing some light working out.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning and 4 clients today. Looking to increase my hamstring strength by bumping the resistance today.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: Ate okay yesterday. I guess I'm just waiting for next month to begin.
  • brandiuntz
    Tuesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Spiderman push-ups: 2x5

Bicep curls = 3x8x20lb

Hammer curls: 3x5x20lb

Triceps: tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 3x15 abdominal raises. 5x15sec superman, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 2x8x15lb lateral raise, 1x5x15lb, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.

Also, some light cardio.

Food: On target.
  • dreambig_gohome
    Tuesday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Bicep curls = 3x8x20lb

Triceps: tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 3x15 abdominal raises. 5x15sec superman, 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 2x8x15lb lateral raise, 1x5x15lb, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.

Also, some light cardio.

Food: On target.

Wow. You continue to impress me! These circuits are amazing! I'm chomping at the bit to get back to the gym!

Walked the dog today, about 40 minutes was all I could stand. I'm definitely not used to allowing pain to define what I can and cannot do, but I'm grateful to be walking around at all. I think I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and just do some arm weights because nothing I've done has helped to cure the helplessness I'm beginning to feel. I feel like my weight journey is unraveling at my feet, and its unnerving. I KNOW I posted a [very small] one-pound weight loss and that was basically over three weeks, which is pretty pathetic when I'm used to killing it so hard in the gym to compensate. I need to kick myself out of feeling like a failure over this injury. I'm going to do my best to avoid jumping on the cardio machines prematurely, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Either way, I've got to do something to get me out of my head, and exercise seems to be the only thing that will do the trick no matter how painful the consequences might be.
  • brandiuntz
    Wednesday: Strength training.

Lower Body:
    Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Cardio: 30 minute light jog/sprint mix. More jog than sprint.

Man, that routine kicked my *ss today. Think I'm going ot feel it a little tomorrow.

Food: a little over.
  • ninerbuff
    Wow. You continue to impress me! These circuits are amazing! I'm chomping at the bit to get back to the gym!

Walked the dog today, about 40 minutes was all I could stand. I'm definitely not used to allowing pain to define what I can and cannot do, but I'm grateful to be walking around at all. I think I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and just do some arm weights because nothing I've done has helped to cure the helplessness I'm beginning to feel. I feel like my weight journey is unraveling at my feet, and its unnerving. I KNOW I posted a [very small] one-pound weight loss and that was basically over three weeks, which is pretty pathetic when I'm used to killing it so hard in the gym to compensate. I need to kick myself out of feeling like a failure over this injury. I'm going to do my best to avoid jumping on the cardio machines prematurely, but we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Either way, I've got to do something to get me out of my head, and exercise seems to be the only thing that will do the trick no matter how painful the consequences might be.
    Just be sure to not go too hard. Get the body healed so you can hit it hard again!
  • ninerbuff
    Wednesday: Strength training.

Lower Body:
    Squats: 3x10x40lb.

Reverse lunges: 3x10.

Cardio: 30 minute light jog/sprint mix. More jog than sprint.

Man, that routine kicked my *ss today. Think I'm going ot feel it a little tomorrow.

Food: a little over.
    Nice! Lower body bomb right there!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Well new month and time to get more serious for summer! TKO class, some admin classes this morning and a couple of clients tonight!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 increasing weight each set.

Assessment: I had a Leap Year eating party yesterday. Not good.
  • brandiuntz
    Thursday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups = 3x10

Bicep curls = 1x8x20lb, 2x6x20lb

Triceps: skullcrushers 3x10x15lb, tricep dips 3x10.

Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 3x15 abdominal raises. 2x30sec plank, 2x30sec side planks.

Shoulders: 3x8x15lb lateral raise, 3x10x20lb shoulder fly, 3x10x10lb front lateral raise.