Too cute to sweat!

Options
124»

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'll occasionally put on lipgloss before taekwondo class but it's because I don't like my lips drying out with all that panting and heavy breathing. Usually the lipgloss means I've forgotten my chapstick! ;)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It seems to be, with a huge generalisation i know, that women really dont like to sweat! For me, sweat is like a badge of honour. I'm dripping sweat, it shows ive been working hard!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    ha.. I know what you mean, but let me say one thing about makeup! :)

I've had girls look at me all nasty and cross-eyed because i walk out of the locker room with makeup on.. STILL on.. because I work 8-5 and hit the gym right after, to avoid obstacles (like my comfy couch). Even if I washed the face makeup off, sorry, I'm not spending all that time taking off my eyeliner / mascara etc just to prove to other women that I'm really there to work out.

I realize there are some who are just man shopping. Just be cautious to not label other people immediately bc they might have makeup on. :)

Seriously. I buy the expensive stuff so it stays put after hours of chasing my preschooler around the house and taking him on adventures. If I don't choose to wash it all off before I go to the gym and leave looking sweaty but with eye makeup in place, more power to me.

I do have a personal laugh over ladies wearing way too much perfume or ridiculous workout gear, though. ;)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Also, if I tried to read while on the Stairmaster, I would trip. Badly.

I'm very uncoordinated, though.
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't know about in the gym, but I always cringe when I see women in the swimming pool with their hair styled and their make up on. They look like pampered pooches trying not to get too wet in a pool of water!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    ha.. I know what you mean, but let me say one thing about makeup! :)

I've had girls look at me all nasty and cross-eyed because i walk out of the locker room with makeup on.. STILL on.. because I work 8-5 and hit the gym right after, to avoid obstacles (like my comfy couch). Even if I washed the face makeup off, sorry, I'm not spending all that time taking off my eyeliner / mascara etc just to prove to other women that I'm really there to work out.

I realize there are some who are just man shopping. Just be cautious to not label other people immediately bc they might have makeup on. :)

Seriously. I buy the expensive stuff so it stays put after hours of chasing my preschooler around the house and taking him on adventures. If I don't choose to wash it all off before I go to the gym and leave looking sweaty but with eye makeup in place, more power to me.

I do have a personal laugh over ladies wearing way too much perfume or ridiculous workout gear, though. ;)

You are missing the point! I'm talking about those girls that have cake all on their faces and then to go the gym claiming to workout. if you looking like you are on your way to the club when you hit the gym and then you leave looking like you're on your way to the gym, then you are doing something wrong. Like one of the women before me said. Putting in a good sweat is like a badge of honor. Every time I leave the gym I look like I had a fight for my life. That's why I get the amazing results that I do! Go hard or go home.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't care about looking cute, as much as I do presentable.

My clothes are always clean and stain free, as with my shoes. My hair is always neatly pulled back and will have as many clips as necessary in order to make it stay in place. Deodorant is a must.

I get that I'm in a gym working out, but theres no reason that you should look sloppy.

Some of you just don't get it! When you go to the gym and you have a real goal, there is no time to read no magazine. My workout is all about intensity. you should be sweating and putting in all that I got! When I'm running, i'm running and when I'm putting in my strength training as you can see on my picture, THERE IS NOT ROOM THE LOLLY GAGGING WITH STUFF LIKE THAT!

Ok, you totally read my post wrong, so let me give a correction.

I'm NOT talking about reading a magazine on the treadmill.. I'm talking about wearing clean clothes/shoes and looking presentable so people don't think that your some sloppy pig who doesn't give a rats *kitten* about yourself. I know that I feel better and more apt to working out(and working out longer) when I look presentable.... Sorry you don't.

I work with a trainer.. and believe me, I know what it's like to give it my all. I leave that kid, and I'm about ready to collapse.

I may not run, but I do walk on a treadmill at the highest incline and I get just as sweaty as the runners.

I also lift twice a week and lift heavy... Could prob. step that up but for right now it's working.

If you would get off your damn high horse, you'd realize that it's ok to have differing opinions. I've lost 25 pounds and 2 sizes in 8 months.. so don't give this crap about how you get amazing results. I got them too, and I didn't have to kill myself to do it.
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    and ps.. I don't need a book, bc I work out at Golds (love it) and there's rarely a shortage of men in too-tight Affliction shirts staring at their muscles.. Seriously, i almost fell off an eliptical laughing so hard one day... soooooo intense.. i thought the guy was gonna lick his bicep.. haha..

I was dying laughing when i read this post, I swear when the guys start grunting, I start cracking up, lol
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options

Some of you just don't get it! When you go to the gym and you have a real goal, there is no time to read no magazine. My workout is all about intensity. you should be sweating and putting in all that I got! When I'm running, i'm running and when I'm putting in my strength training as you can see on my picture, THERE IS NOT ROOM THE LOLLY GAGGING WITH STUFF LIKE THAT!

Wow, that's a little harsh. I agree with the idea that people should be working out when coming to the gym, but everyone's goals are different. Just because your goals require a routine that means you can't read, that doesn't mean that everyones at the gym does. I like to work out hard and break a good sweat, but twice a week I go for a longer low impact cardio session and that may mean riding a stationary bike on an easier setting and reading my kindle. Just because I am doing that today doesn't mean that I didn't do the full cardio hill session the day before and sweated all the way through my clothes. Don't be so judgmental.
  • girlygirlnicole
    girlygirlnicole Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Haha can i put my hands up for this one, im one who wears the makeup to the gym but putting on lipgloss while in the gym does seem a joke cmon? i've never seen that in my life but i'd laugh haha, i suffer from bad skin so i like to wear my makeup to hide it, my eyeliner and mascara is waterproof and when i put that on in the morning thats me till end of the night however i never would apply it or make sure its perfect before entering the gym i do however fix my hair, other then that i stil have sweat running from my head and arms while on the machines cant say im not guilty of that.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    If you looking like you are on your way to the club, reading books, wearing flip flops, putting on lip-gloss on the track, then I'm talking about you! Not talking about people that have skin conditions, just got off work and don't feel like taking make-up off; just people who are there styling a profiling! :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    If you looking like you are on your way to the club, reading books, wearing flip flops, putting on lip-gloss on the track, then I'm talking about you! Not talking about people that have skin conditions, just got off work and don't feel like taking make-up off; just people who are there styling a profiling! :laugh:

you must not be working that hard if you have the time to notice how hard others are working,and really they pay their money to be there same as everyone else what they do it their buisness