September Day by Day Challenge (OPEN!)

Options
When was the last time you joined a challenge and lost interest or focus and stopped half way through? It's not intentional, its just harder to commit to something for weeks or months at a time.

This is a thread where you set daily goals. If you slip up today you get a new 24 hours tomorrow to try again. Post 3 or more goals, fitness related or not, come back tomorrow to recap the day before. Then post 3 more goals for the day.

It's not an exclusive group, all new members are welcome, but I expect most of the vets will come back again, too. It's not cut throat, if you do not post daily, we won't kick you out the group. Just post when you can.

When Nicole (PSUgrl921) started this thread late last summer it was designed to serve as a reminder of things she'd like to accomplish each day. Then be proud of herself for meeting little goals and eventually make them habit forming. She opened her doors and allowed us to be apart of her crusade. I bet she didn't think her day by day motto would still be going strong more than 12 months later.

So ask me when was the last time I stayed committed to a challenge for weeks or months? I still am, one day at a time.

If you're new, tell us your name a little about yourself if you like.
If you're returning, introduce yourself and briefly tell what this thread means to you!

**Copied and Pasted from Leela's April Post**

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start this off by telling a bit about myself:

I'm 55 and am semi-retired. I work the part time as a Live Goods Merchandiser during the season (March-October). I have 3 wonderful kids--my son (23), whom I live with and who shares a house with my oldest daughter (22) and her family BF (24), and their son (14 months). My youngest daughter (20) is going to school in Texas and is studying to be a dental hygienist.

I make wire jewelry in my spare time. I love working with wire and also love to make chain maille jewelry. I hope to sell my jewelry someday.

This thread is very important to me. I have been on the verge of giving up many, many times but then I come here and read about your successes and failures and I know I am not alone in this struggle! That means a lot to me and I hope it means a lot to others, too.

Well, I have to go now. I'll be back in the morning and will post the list of online walking videos I have collected. They are how I started out exercising and they are still my main type of exercise.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Ah you did an intro....... I'll do one too then... And this way I can find the thread again.

I am 33 and live in Arizona. I am a military spouse, whose husband is currently overseas. I also am an electrical engineer student (hence the thermo review) and a transmission planning engineer student intern for the local power company. I have two cats and a dog. The dog is very upset about me not being able to walk him right now as a few weeks ago I tore or detached a ligament and didn't let it heal completely and have hurt it again... sigh....

but i think this thread is awesome and hope to actually stick around a little while longer for this
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    I am 48, live in Ohio, grandmother of 4, quit smoking March of 2010. Joined MFP to lose some weight I keep sneaking on. Am glad to be here to support and be supported! I believe everything in moderation (okay not smoking) This helps me keep that in control!
    Goals for the next 24
    1. Drink my 8+ glasses of water
    2. vacuum house
    3. Wii for 20 minutes

Have a great day!
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'd love to join this group :smile:
    Unfortunately i gotta go now... i'm gonna introduce myself later!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 31:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Rest day except for Charger's challenge.--Yes.
    3. Stay on plan!--Yes!

Welcome, Maggie!
    I really like this checking in and accountability thing! Helps a lot!

Shanae--I sent you the list of videos. The only reason we have cable is we don't get any channels without it--too many mountains (and my son pays for it--not me!). We just have the basic package that gives access to local channels and a few others like Discovery and Animal Planet. I used to watch a lot of shows a week later online but most of the shows I like have been canceled (I love science fiction!).

The soreness from all the digging, etc. in the front garden is mostly gone.

Goals for September 1:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes 9And attempt Charger's challenge!).
    3. Stay on plan!
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! New month means I'm going to get on it this month! I'm 29 and a mother of 2, son 8 and daughter 5. I'm married and my husband is backing me 100% in this weightloss journey but he also keeps reminding me that he can't make me go out and exercise just keep trying to get me to do it. I've been pretty bad about it in general and haven't done as much as I probably should. I'm still trying to get going but life keeps throwing me curveballs. I love this thread cause everyone is so positive about everything and supportive:flowerforyou:

Welcome to the newbies:smile: Thank you Kathy for starting this months:heart::flowerforyou:

Goals for Sept. 1
    1. Drink lots of water
    2. Remember BGC meeting this evening@5pm
    3. Go for a walk of some kind (on demand, youtube, or outside if its not too hot)

Well I'm off to get ready to see what I can get accomplished around the house for now. Hope you all have a good day!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well Hello!!!

I am Shanae and I am a 33 year old Single mommy of 3 boys ages 13, 9 and 8. I joined MFP a little over a month ago and I have experienced nothing but sucess and support which is the BIGGEST part in this journey! I am a full time employee and I go home to the boys so it is an effort to work and eat and exercise as needed. The goals allow me to plan and to think each day. About what I need to do to stay focused. It also allows me to have people to be accountable to. I know I want to push as hard as I can so I can support YOU as you push as hard as you can. Not only that I want you to hear me cheer for you as you obtain your goals! So Here's to a great September! I am looking to be in the low 190's this month and to find a new workout plan and a few friends have assisted in that already!

September 1 Goals

1. Drink 6 glasses of Water
    2. Workout Run/Walk for at least and hour
    3. Stay in Calorie number ( I want all my totals to remain in green)

Non Fitness

1. Plan a date night with the boys for September (have an idea just need to complete it)
    2. Finish our Schedule for afterschool days to be posted

Have a blessed day! Good luck on your goals!!!!!!:love:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Thanks Kathy! I knew those words sounded familiar...lol can't believe you went back and found them. I'm flattered. Thanks for getting us started this month!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Hey guys! It's been awhile! Lucky for me I have a great friend in Leela. She invited me back. Love her.

Last year. August 26th I started my weight loss venture. I lost 20 lbs in 2 months. I have since gained all but 2 lbs back.
    Today-I start over. Low carb, exercise and me time. I'll fall I'm sure but I have to do it!
    I'm a mom of 2. A wife of a pretty kick *kitten* man. I'll be 30 in January as well as married for 5 years.

Its almost bedtime but today's goals were:
    1.) water-I did this VERY well!
    2.) low carb-great for first day. 96 carbs.
    3.) exercise-nope. Hip decided to screw up :(

For those of you just joining this group. I will tell you. It's nothing but shoulders, hands, and ears. Love these girls.
  • Geodani
    Geodani Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Danielle, a 41 year old married mom of 3, here looking to lose weight before 11/11/11 when I will be the MOH in my sister's wedding :o) I have been trying to lose for months and it seems I take off and put on the same few pounds......my goal her will be to only move in the right direction by logging my food and exercise.

9/1/11 goals

workout
    eat small meals and wait 10 minutes to decide if I am satisfied
    keep myself occupied with productive work so I don't worry so much about food
  • brattyworm
    Options
    This was supposed to be posted here this morning... However, as I am not entirely awake at 530 am it got posted in the other one...

8 / 31 goals

1) five bottles

- got in five

2) one small coffee and maybe a small snack at the coffee shop, try to forgo the snack

- had a 12 oz mocha and an albacore tuna melt sandwich on 7 grain no chips

3) one fruit and one veggie outside meals.

- only got in the veggie - carrots

4) not be at the coffee shop till midnight doing homework.

- was there till 8:30 didn't get much accomplished with the exception of being frustrated.

So if I dont see y'all around tomorrow, its because I"m busy at work followed immediately by a review session on thermodynamics and then on too the coffee shop to discuss programming stuff..

- BTW the thermo review and other reviews to come are for the FE exam (Fundamentals of Engineers)

Good luck to you all

9 / 1

1) chargers challenge is 200 crunches &/or situps. my goal 10 situps - the rest crunches. Here's the link to todays challenge if you wish to participate. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332364-thursday-mini-challenge

2) five bottles of water

3) fight with programming IDE till i get somewhere. (not to worry you dont have to understand that)
  • frubjious
    Options
    Spanner, I posted on the wrong board this morning. Thanks Leela for letting me know.

Morning Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well. I'm a bit rushed right now so I'll do a proper intro late but its lovely to be back. Thanks Kathy for starting this months thread.

Friday's Goals:

Fitness:
    1. Under on calories
    2. Water
    3. No bread :sad:

Non fitness:
    1. Finish carving & painting bits for friends wedding
    2. Get everything in the office done in time for week off. :love:

Have a lovely day.
    Kx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options

1. Drink my 8+ glasses of water-done
    2. vacuum house-done
    3. Wii for 20 minutes-done

I did it! Yeah! goals for 9/2
    1. Water 8 +
    2. Clean equipment at shop
    3. Jillian 30 shred
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    September 1 Goals

1. Drink 6 glasses of Water - YES
    2. Workout Run/Walk for at least and hour -YES more walking than runnning
    3. Stay in Calorie number ( I want all my totals to remain in green) -YES

Non Fitness

1. Plan a date night with the boys for September (have an idea just need to complete it) -YES Sept 16 going to taket the boys to a free movie in the park with picnic dinner if weather permits
    2. Finish our Schedule for afterschool days to be posted - Nope this one I have to complete

Have a blessed day! Good luck on your goals!!!!!!:love:

THIS WEEKEND:

Friday, Saturday and Sunday get into some serious workouts each day 2 hours walk running
    WATER 8 glasses a day
    Watch my foods
    When I log in on Monday I would like to tell you that I am a lower weight number! (I still cant believe that I am holding under the 200 mark do you have any idea how long that number has held me HOSTAGE.......

Shanae`
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    it is so good to see new faces for September. I will give a proper introduction and a proper welcome as soon as life slows down (hopefully tomorrow)! I don't even have time to formally set up my goals. It is a laundry list of things and I do have a rough copy of it so I can check them off one by one. Everyone have a great day and an even better weekend!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    9/2/11
    1.)- be in a good mood and smile
    3.)-water
    4.)-yoga tonight to try to get my hip working and back in place again.
    5.)-the house is clean I just really need to learn (as does my whole family) that if we pick up after ourselves it won't get so messy!
    6.)-redeem myself of the pop tart I ate this morning that was LOADED with carbs!

Feels Good to be back.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started with MFP last week and would love to join this group, it sounds perfect for me.

So a little about myself. I am 46 a mother of 3 grown children, 1 son (26) and 2 daughters (23 & 19). I raised them on my own for about 10 years. Then I met a wonderful man and got remarried and gained 2 step-daughters (25 & 22). I also have 2 wonderful grandsons (5 & 4 next month).

I live in Canada and work for the provincial government. I love to read and do crafts like cross stitch and knitting.

I must get going now, but will be happy to tell you more about myself later

My goals for today
    1) drink at least 8 glasses of water
    2) get a good walk in
    3) be conscious of all my food choices.

I look forward to getting to know you. :flowerforyou:
  • brattyworm
    Options
    9 / 1

1) chargers challenge is 200 crunches &/or situps. my goal 10 situps - the rest crunches. Here's the link to todays challenge if you wish to participate. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332364-thursday-mini-challenge

- I got in 50 normal crunches, 20 sit ups and the other 150 crunches were done while laying on one of the huge medicine balls

2) five bottles of water

- got in all five

3) fight with programming IDE till i get somewhere. (not to worry you dont have to understand that)

- i did fight with it but finally got it downloaded on my home computer. Now its a matter if figuring out how it works.

9/2 goals...

1) chargers challenge - 350 leg raises. - since i am still unable to do much with the right ankle. I will attempt to do 200 single left leg raises. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333276-friday-mini-challenge - the link if you wish to participate

2) 2 sets of upper cardio

3) work related - all my '21 cases done and '13 started.

good luck to everyone... the support here is awesome
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello & Good Morning! :flowerforyou:

Thank You kathy for starting the New Thread & Thank You Leela for leading me in the right direction.

I started MFP in November 2010 one week after Thanksgiving And I've lost 65 pounds, Im looking to lose another 5 pounds to reach my goal but I plan to stay with MFP to keep me on track for the rest of my life :wink:
    Im 49 yrs old, Im 5'3" tall, I'm Married 24 years We have No children. Had hysterectomy at age 40 :drinker: we have three dogs and a Quaker Parrot.
    My exercise Routine is WALK & Lifting weights ( thats it). I clean houses & offices for a living so I also get a workout there.
    I Love this thread because of the support system & Its a day to day thing that keeps my mind on whats most important & Thats ME!

THank You Leela For being a Great Friend, I couldn't of made it this far without you & all the support I get from mfp friends.

Friday September 2 / 2011 Goals

1) Eat my spinach :bigsmile:
    2) Drink more water
    3) stretch
    Having a Garage sale tomorrow / I need to make signs up tonight
    Must make SEARS credit card payment
    Must Pay Metro PC online

Everyone have a Wonderful Weekend
    Im Glad Im BACK!!!!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for September 1:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes (And attempt Charger's challenge!).--Yes. (But not good on the challenge!)
    3. Stay on plan!--Yes!

Leela--They weren't really all that hard to find!:laugh: I really like them so I wanted to use them again! (Also, it turned out to be a VERY busy day and I couldn't seem to think of anything myself! I'm glad I remembered about them!)

I have the day off and I have a lavender and a dozen mums to plant and the side and back to mow. Hope to get the bark/mulch done, too! That and Charger's challenge, will probably be my exercise for today, though I hope to get a walk in, too.

I already screwed up by having pizza for breakfast! :noway: so I am going to be REALLY, REALLY GOOD for the rest of the day!

Jess--So good to see you back!:flowerforyou:

Teresa!!!!!--HI!!!!:flowerforyou: (I LOVE spinach!)

Welcome kyrmarai, JanLeb and Geodani--:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's great to see everyone but I really need to get moving! I've been sitting long enough!

Goals for Sept 2:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for 45 minutes (And attempt Charger's challenge!).
    3. Stay on plan!