September Day by Day Challenge (OPEN!)

Options

Replies

• linbee83
    Options
    Sorry about your cat Jan, but 23 years old, WOW!

I got all my goals done for Friday, but fell off the band-wagon yesterday.

Back on today:

1. Get some form of exercise today...either day 3 of my C25k, or swimming/walking
    2. Get my 8 cups of water
    3. No junk today! Fruit cleanse.

Non-fitness related:
    1. Snuggle the baby as much as possible!
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great place for me - taking it day by day.

I'm Kim, a SAHM with three kids at home (ages 4, 8, and 13). The 8 and 13 yo have special needs with autism and other issues, so they keep me busy. School starts Tuesday for them and even though the school district is great and really helps them, I just am not looking forward to it. We love summer here (near Philly).

Today's goals (Sunday, 9/4):
    -get 10,000 steps in
    -drink 8 glasses of water
    -stay under net calories
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Jan sorry about your cat. 23 years is a long time to have a pet and then to lose them. And its never easy to lose one. Hugs and prayers for you to get through this. And my animals send purrs and puppy kissies.

9/3

1) Do a modified chargers challenge - all 200 jumping jacks... although i shall do it on the floor instead of the real way since the ankle wont allow that. - the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333970-saturday-mini-challenge?page=1#posts-4485026

- I was able to do 40 - they were harder to do then a normal jumping jack and I got busy and didn't get the rest of them in

2) grocery shopping

- did this. took longer then i would have liked

3) finish the weeds in the large small area... - seriously need to get the weeds gone, look really ghetto right now.

- didint get to this. by the time i got done with grocery shopping and ankle icing due to it aching it was dark

4) fight with homework.

- did a little bit

5) ice ankle and elevate for 30 mins - although it is feeling better, its still not where it needs to be.

- i did this

6) play 10 mins of mine (also known as tug of war) with the little dog... if you want an arm work out let me tell you this is one. he's about 45 lbs of 90% muscle (he's got a little bit of butt cleavage) - but he can tug and i like to pick him up by the rope lol - although i do feel sorry for whoever he first decides to bite as he has strong jaws and will hurt them. :laugh:

and we played for 8 mins before he decide to take his mine toy and chew on it. he really is adorable

8/4 goals

1) chargers challenge is to do a 30 min leisure walk, but since i still cant do that, I will do stretches instead. the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334601-sunday-mini-challenge

2) Finish laundry

3) keep within 200 of my calories.

4) 6 bottles of water
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Not sure where this came from!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for Sept 3:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Exercise for 45 minutes (And attempt Charger's challenge!). --No and not really (only 50 of 200!)
    3. Stay on plan!--OMG, NO!

Okay, not a good day for either my eating or my exercise--too much time spent waiting for others and not enough time for me! Today will be better, though! FINALLY got the bark for the garden so I will be spreading that soon and then I need to go to the store for a VERY few things (pretty broke right now!).

Welcome to all our new members!

Bratty--I hear you on the weeds! They ALWAYS seem to grow well--no matter the weather!

Jan--I'm so sorry. It's so hard when our furry babies have to go!

Goals for Sept. 4:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes (NOT counting the yard work!) and Charger's challenge (also do some more of yesterday's!).
    3. STAY ON PLAN!!!
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    Yesterday's Goals:
    1) JM dvd - DONE
    2) Avoid cookies - FAIL
    3) Under goal minus workout - FAIL

eep--ok maybe less challenging goals?

1) Under goal
    2) Avoid cookies
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just came upon this thread today and I think that it is a great idea to set daily challenges!!
    Intro: My name is Kylee and I am 32. I joined MFP about 45 days ago and I went from 223 to my current weight of 208.8. MFP has been my greatest resource and the people here are amazing!! I enjoy participating in local community theater and crafting in my spare time!
    My three goals for today:
    1-Drinking my water goal
    2-Do at least one maybe 2 walking workouts on my Biggest Loser walking dvd
    3-Begin a craft project(either knitting or decoupage

So I did goal 1 and 2 yesterday but did not get to number 3 so my goals for today are:
    1- Begin a craft project
    2-Read a bit of scripture (something I hate to admit that I have not done in a while)
    3- Stay within my calorie goal
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Kylee, amazing weight loss!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Goals:
    1) JM dvd - DONE
    2) Avoid cookies - FAIL
    3) Under goal minus workout - FAIL

eep--ok maybe less challenging goals?

1) Under goal
    2) Avoid cookies

Too funny! Of course I replaced avoid cookies with Less cookies! :blushing:
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    wow this is a great group!
    heres my introduction :)
    I'm maggie from germany, 21 years old. i work in a coffee shop. unfortunately we have delicious cupcakes and donuts there (which i get for free). i love music and nature :) my favorite sport is rollerblading. i also ride my bike or hit the gym every now and then. (wanna do it at least once a week!!)
    actually i like sports but i'm really lazy sometimes.
    i lost 20lbs once, but then i stopped losing. i need to lose at least 15lbs more! wanna do it the healthy way :)

here are my goals for sept 5 :

- workout at the gym OR 30min run
    - clean my room
    - no carbs after 5pm
  • MollieFr
    MollieFr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to join, too!

I'm 56, and need to lose (I hope) forty pounds. Of course, I might have gained weight since I made that decision :(. Anyway, for September 5 I want to lift weights to a video (Power 90), do abs (Ab RIpper), and add on a twenty-minute yoga tape (Yoga for Stress Relief).

See you tomorrow!

Mollie
  • brattyworm
    Options
    Everyone is doing great...

Kathy i am glad I can honestly say I only get weeds 3 months out of the year, but when I do they're enormous and take over the rocks. If i lived where I had grass I'd just mow them... but nope... desert landscaping so must fight and pull and I always wait till last min and end up with weeds taller then most small dogs.. lol

9/4 goals

1) chargers challenge is to do a 30 min leisure walk, but since i still cant do that, I will do stretches instead. the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334601-sunday-mini-challenge

- i did the 20 min stretching portion of my pilates dvd. this felt good then i did an additional 8 min of normal stretching

2) Finish laundry

- i finished folding and putting away,now all i have to do is iron which i think i'll do before going to bed

3) keep within 200 of my calories.

- i was close 224 cals over and considering i ate crap today thats pretty good. - there were no exercise cals today to counter

4) 6 bottles of water

- by the time i make it to bed this will have been fulfilled as well down to my last bottle

I also pulled weeds, i didnt finish the one section as it has grass so its going to take awhile so i pulled the others ones, figure i'll finish up that side and the driveway then go back to the grass part.

9/5 goals

1) don't know charger's challenge yet, will edit when i find it out. but i will do that

2) going to go for 1.25 mins for each section of the upper cardio today

3) 6 bottles of water (which by the way consists of a little over 96 oz. either through water or tea)

4) get through one problem of the electronics homework. (and yes it will take longer then you might think)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Sunday 9/4

Preparing for vacation, birthday parties, holiday car shows, busy busy! Got hot water working in all rooms, laundry going, dishes done, wall painted, tile sealed, Reckon I am getting lots of movement?

Anyway,

1. Clean bathrooms (I hate doing!) ****done**** x3
    2. Make wise food choices today (Golden Corral and probably dinner on the run)**think I did**
    3.40 jumping jacks (I can spread them out during the day!) *****DID*****

Have a great day!

9/5/11

1. 30 push ups
    2. Pack car
    3. Make wise food choices (going to fair)

Have a wonderful holiday!

Welcome to our new followers! Nothing like a little goals setting. Breaking it down into smaller tasks seems to help!

Great job everyone seems to be doing!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for Sept. 4:
    1. Water.--Should have had more than I did.
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes (NOT counting the yard work!) and Charger's challenge (also do some more of yesterday's!).--Yes. but didn't get any more of the jumping jacks done--just the walk.
    3. STAY ON PLAN!!!--No.

I work today so I should be able to get back on track--not to mention that I feel kind of sick because of my poor choices the past 2 days! I feel bloated and icky.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Goals for Sept. 5:
    1. Water
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes and Charger's Challenge.
    3. Stay on plan--HEALTHY CHOICES!!!! (Esp. at this evenings barbecue.)
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    Yesterday's Goals:

1) Avoid cookies - DONE
    2) Calorie goal - DONE

YEAH! I did it!

Today:

1) JM Dvd
    2) Avoid cookies
    3) Organize room

Seriously gang, the roommate keeps making more cookies. I think she's trying to sabotage me. I can only say no for so long. Help!
  • brattyworm
    Options
    chargers challenge for today for those who wish to participate. I'm going to try them, but may not make it far.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/335120-monday-mini-challenge
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I just came upon this thread today and I think that it is a great idea to set daily challenges!!
    Intro: My name is Kylee and I am 32. I joined MFP about 45 days ago and I went from 223 to my current weight of 208.8. MFP has been my greatest resource and the people here are amazing!! I enjoy participating in local community theater and crafting in my spare time!
    My three goals for today:
    1-Drinking my water goal
    2-Do at least one maybe 2 walking workouts on my Biggest Loser walking dvd
    3-Begin a craft project(either knitting or decoupage

So I did goal 1 and 2 yesterday but did not get to number 3 so my goals for today are:
    1- Begin a craft project
    2-Read a bit of scripture (something I hate to admit that I have not done in a while)
    3- Stay within my calorie goal

Unfortunately, I did not complete 1 and 2 yesterday but on the plus side, I stayed within my calorie goal so for today my goals are going go be:

1- Begin a craft project
    3-Drink a cup of chamomile tea before bed

Question for those in this challenge-if you do not complete goals for one day, do you keep them as your goals until you complete them?
  • brattyworm
    Options
    Question for those in this challenge-if you do not complete goals for one day, do you keep them as your goals until you complete them?

I do not as each of my goals is based on the events scheduled for that day. I chalk it up as a reason to try harder next time. I attempt to make of of my goals something i can reasonably achieve during that day if things go as planned, however we all know things happen and do not go as planned. That's what works for me, everyone is different so do things the way that works for you.
  • MaggieWatson
    Options

here are my goals for sept 5 :

- workout at the gym OR 30min run [done]
    - clean my room [ failed ]
    - no carbs after 5pm [failed]

damn. gotta pull myself together!

my goals for tuesday sept 6:

- no chocolate/nutella!
    - at least 30min of cardio
    - stop eating at 8pm
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It has been hard for me to get here in the morning, while I am away on vacation to enter my goals but I am making sure to take a few minutes to think of what they are each day.

Today my goals:
    1) make healthy choices while away and eating out - done :smile:
    2) get at least 30 minutes exercise in - done ( lots of walking)
    3) have a wonderful stress free day. - mostly done