September Day by Day Challenge (OPEN!)

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options

Question for those in this challenge-if you do not complete goals for one day, do you keep them as your goals until you complete them?

I try to make my goals resonable on what I think I can accomplish each day, so no I don't keep the same ones. The beauty of this topic is it is up to you to decide how you wish to do your goals. Keep up the wonderful work!
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi ! I don't know if it's too late to join ? I begin the challenge each month and stop. But I read your challenges and it's inspiring.

I'm Niki. I'm 52 and retired family practice physician. I retired cause I was too sick to keep practicing 3 years ago. I live with 2 lovely dogs. I don't have neither child nor boyfriend. I take care of my 85 years old lady neigbourgh. I still have 30 pounds to lose. If only I could start losing again I would be so happy but I even had a small gain recently. Recently, I bought a bodybugg and it seems that I don't burn much calories during a day and this is something that I will add in my challenges.

my challenges for 9/6

wake up before 9h
    8 cups of water
    1 hour on treadmill

non diet related
    no more than 2 hours for senior citysen comitee preparation

Niki :flowerforyou:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone......I know I am late getting started on this but I haven't been in the loop of anything since I left August 17th for South Dakota to run the half marathon on August 21st. I haven't even switched my calendar yet!
    I got back from SD on at 2:30 am on August 31st and my husband and I left for a camping/kayaking/mountain biking trip at 10:00am on September 2nd. We just got home today at 4:00pm. I AM SO TIRED!

For those who are new and probably the old ones too cause I don't think I ever really introduced myself....(LOL)
    I am a 38 year old woman who has been married to my first love for almost 20 years. January 11, 2012 will be 20 years. We have an 18 year old daughter who needs to find somewhere else to live! LOL....just joking, don't stone me!
    My husband has been in the army for over 21 years and we have lived at Fort Bragg for the last 16 & 1/2 years.
    I work on a farm and love it and I love to run, mountain bike and camp. I love people and have never met a stranger. I even made 4 new friends at the campground this weekend! I am brutally honest and usually say things before I think....sorry if I hurt your feelings, I don't mean to, I just think honesty is ALWAYS the best policy and usually my tongue works before my brain. I am working on this.

Glad to meet ya all.

September....I don't even know tomorrows date.....let me change my calendar real quick! ......................hang on.
    OH MY GOODNESS, is it really the 5th already?

Okay, September 6th goals
    1. WATER WATER WATER......a gallon at least. Got to get back into this water thing.
    2. Don't eat junk food at the farm tomorrow cause I know the guys will ask me to go eat lunch at some nasty fast food place with them. TAKE MY LUNCH!!!!!
    3. Get a menu made so my husband doesn't have to eat horrible nasty tuna helper again (even though he likes it and lived on it when I was in SD)
    4. Get my living room floor uncovered, it is covered in out camping junk.
    5. Get my new gym/running scheduled figured out so it can start on Wednesday!

Hope everyone sleeps great tonight. So glad to be back!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options

9/5/11

1. 30 push ups-forgot walk/jogged one mile with heart attack recovering friend (trying to encourage exercise!
    2. Pack car- 3/4 done, just last minute stuffs
    3. Make wise food choices (going to fair)- I did well, but somehow got a day with NO fruits or veggies, not sure what happened!

sl1immy- Welcome aboard! Never too late to make goals. Love the ones you have made.

Momma-Sounds like you have been on a wild ride! Such fun though! Welcome back home!

Travel time today, so will need to adjust goals

9/6

1. Munch on some fruits/veggies today
    2. Water, Water, Water
    3. 40 jumping jacks and 20 pushups!

Have a great one!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Okay I have had the worst weekend ever (diet wise) I ate under my calorie goaks but I gained each day and I dont know why! I am back to 203 and I am so discouraged right now. I even worked out every day! I began the C25K program on Sunday because I had been conditioning or the past few weeks by walking and running. So I am so down right now!

I am so glad to see the new people I am not that old myself so welcome! Please excuse the the upset but know that I am as real as it gets.

I am going to push no matter what!

So September 6

1. Water Water Water
    2. Go to the grocery store and get the items I was eating for dinner at the beginning of the weight loss
    3. Stay under my numbers
    4. Workout as many days as I can this week (kids will have homework so this is a challenge)

Non Fitness Goals

1. Stop beating myself up so bad when I know I am doing my best- I am the worst when comes to this!
    2. No DEPRESSION OR BAD EATING BECAUSE OF THE SCALE TODAY
    3. Look into Wii Fitness Information

Have a blessed day guys....

Shanae`:sad:
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I will say that My weekend was VERY productive!!!!! My husband is wonderful. We have our whole house in shape. Everything clean. Everything organized. Everything outside clean, grass mowed. Camper cleaned out for the season. So Even though I did not post weekend goals----my weekend well surpassed an goals that I could have came up with on my own!!
    Not good food wise.......... I am broke. So high carb here we go until payday (hopefully then I can get some food). I did work out last night. Started the Turbo Fire prep course again.
    9/6 Goals
    1.) be productive at work.
    2.) See how long I can go without a cig. (didn't bring any with me)
    3.) water
    4.) just dance with my daughter this evening
    5.) TurboFire Stretch 40 tonight!!!
  • linbee83
    Options
    Shanaedunn - Don't get discouraged! We're about the same weight! I gained some this weekend too (I have a hard time keeping track on the weekends). Also I find that sometimes, I weigh myself (when I've done everything right) on day, I'll have gained, and the next I'm down 2 pounds!

Goals today:
    1. Water water water
    2. Charger Challenge - 250 Tricep dips (gulp!)
    3. Get to the gym tonight

Non-wright:
    1. Get ready to teach Photoshop class on Monday!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sept. 5:
    1. Water--Yes.
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes and Charger's Challenge.--15 minutes and yes (all 250 of them!)
    3. Stay on plan--HEALTHY CHOICES!!!! (Esp. at this evenings barbecue.)--Yes, yes, yes!!!

I feel much better and I did well at the barbecue, too.
    Question for those in this challenge-if you do not complete goals for one day, do you keep them as your goals until you complete them?

I do because my goals are things I need to focus on ALWAYS or I go back to old habits. Sometimes, though, I will put in some more temporary goals (a phone call I've been putting off, for example) to remind myself to just do it! It's whatever works best for you.

Hi, Niki! It's never too late and you are always welcome here!

Momma--Nice to see you back!

Shanae--Don't worry about a small gain! Could be from sodium--especially if you had a barbecue or ate out (even at a friend or relative's house). Drink lots of water and give yourself a break, okay?

Everyone--Have a wonderful day!

Goals for Sept. 6:
    1. Water.
    2. 20 minutes exercise and Charger's Challenge.
    3. Stay on plan!
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    9/5 goals

1) don't know charger's challenge yet, will edit when i find it out. but i will do that

- the challenge was 250 power knees.... i though since its been two weeks i would try both sides on this. I got to 90 and my ankle decided that was enought - fortunately its not cranky today so maybe next week i can get back into my normal exercise

2) going to go for 1.25 mins for each section of the upper cardio today

- didnt even do this

3) 6 bottles of water (which by the way consists of a little over 96 oz. either through water or tea)

- got in 3

4) get through one problem of the electronics homework. (and yes it will take longer then you might think)

- got through half of it

9/6 goals

1) chargers challenge is 250 tricep dips - since i cant do the tricep dips as i dont have anything that doesnt scoot along the floor. i will attempt 100 - 10 lb weight tricep curls - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/335871-tuesday-mini-challenge

2) 5 bottles of water

thats it for the goals, i'm kind of tired today and can't think of anything. sleep is not happening right now which is going to affect everything.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I was MIA the last couple of weeks last month. I had so much going on and a lot on my mind and then this past weekend, the family and I went to Tennessee for a mini vacation/get away and it felt AWESOME! Visited family and got to do some exploring and got away from the "stress". I'm so feeling better and I'm ready to rock n roll this month! I've got so much planned and hoping to get back into the swing of things.

Welcome all newcomers! :flowerforyou:

Goals for Sept. 7

1. Water
    2. Ab Circle
    3. Log everything
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    1- Begin a craft project
    2-Read a bit of scripture (something I hate to admit that I have not done in a while)
    3-Drink a cup of chamomile tea before bed

So I finally got started on my decoupage project yesterday and the first of three trays that I am making is almost done and I also read one of my favorite passages: Philippians Chapter 1. I actually forgot my cup of tea, so I am going to try to go for that tonight.
    But my three goals for today are:
    1-Get a birthday card together for my friend to mail out tomorrow
    2-Get to bed at a decent hour
    3-Do a load of laundry
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    my challenges for 9/6

wake up before 9h ..........................YES
    8 cups of water ........................NO only 5
    1 hour on treadmill .................YES

non diet related
    no more than 2 hours for senior citysen comitee preparation............... will be tomorrow

pmjsmom and kymarai - Hi and thank you for welcoming me.

It's late. Just make quick challenges for tomorrow. More tomorrow.

Goals for 9/7

wake before 9h
    water 8 cups
    Zumba

non fitness
    2 kitchen cupboards
  • cfloyd72
    cfloyd72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My very first post even though I have been using MFP for quite some time. Am 39 and on disability for bipolar disorder. Really, really hard to get up and get motivated. I'm starting slowly on the exercising. Am so hoping this thread will help.

Goals for tomorrow:

1. Stay under calories
    2. Recumbent bike for 20 min at 12.5 mph
    3. No fast food

Another goal to fit in:

No caffeine (I love caffeine, but it's a migraine trigger for me)
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    my goals for tuesday sept 6:

- no chocolate/nutella! [done]
    - at least 30min of cardio [done]
    - stop eating at 8pm [half-done]

:D yea i'm gettin there!

goals for wednesday sept 7:
    - no chocolate/nutella
    - go for a 30min walk
    - stay under caloriegoal
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sept. 6:
    1. Water.--Should have been better.
    2. 20 minutes exercise and Charger's Challenge.--Yes and yes (20 more than last time!)
    3. Stay on plan!--Went off a little last night--will do better today!.

I did some mindless eating yesterday evening--I will have to watch that! I did catch myself and stopped, though, so that's good.

Nice to see you back, Barb!

Welcome, cfloyd72! Nice looking kitty in your avatar!

Goals for Sept. 7:
    1. Water.
    2. 20 minutes exercise and Charger's Challenge.
    3. Stay on plan!!!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

So September 6

1. Water Water Water - 6 GLASSES
    2. Go to the grocery store and get the items I was eating for dinner at the beginning of the weight loss - YES
    3. Stay under my numbers - SOMEWHAT under calorie but not carb and a few others
    4. Workout as many days as I can this week (kids will have homework so this is a challenge) - NO WORKOUT raining

Non Fitness Goals

3. Look into Wii Fitness Information - YES going to have to save had no clue it was so expensive

Have a blessed day guys....

Shanae`

September 7 Goals

1. WATER WATER WATER
    2. Under calorie and carb numbers
    3. Continue to research workout options for in the house I like the Wii possibility since I have the game I just need to find a few products that dont cost an arm and a leg but it is going to rain for the next few days here not to mention the fact that we will go into snow season soon and I need to have indoor plans until next spring season.

Okay have a blessed day and good luck on your goals!

Shanae`
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

9/6 goals

1) chargers challenge is 250 tricep dips - since i cant do the tricep dips as i dont have anything that doesnt scoot along the floor. i will attempt 100 - 10 lb weight tricep curls - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/335871-tuesday-mini-challenge

- got in 45

2) 5 bottles of water

only 4

thats it for the goals, i'm kind of tired today and can't think of anything. sleep is not happening right now which is going to affect everything.

9/7

1) 84 oz of water

2) within 300 cals

3) chargers challenge is 5 min straight - how many crunches - attempt this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/336786-wednesday-mini-challenge

4) get in bed by 9:30
  • XiaoRuRu
    Options
    Last time's goals:
    JM Dvd - FAIL
    Avoid Cookies - DONE
    Organize Room - FAIL

Today's goals:

JM DVD
    Walk dogs
    Laundry (*if I have hot water)
  • MollieFr
    MollieFr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good news, bad news.

Bad news: I didn't do my planned workout for Monday, and I overslept and didn't do my planned workout for today (and there's no time to squeeze it in).

Good news: I did my half-hour walk yesterday.

Bad news: A half-hour walk really wore me out.

Good news: Now I'm really motivated to get in better shape!
  • linbee83
    Options
    Goals for Tuesday the 6th:
    1. Water water water - DONE
    2. Charger Challenge - 250 Tricep dips (gulp!) - FAIL!
    3. Get to the gym tonight -DONE

Non-wright:
    1. Get ready to teach Photoshop class on Monday! - FAIL

Oh well.

Today's goals:
    1. C25k - Week 5, Day 1 - DONE
    2. Water, water, water
    3. No junk food!

Non-weight:
    1. Get ready to teach Photoshop class on Monday!