WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's been a terribly busy week. Haven't had a chance to post. I have an appt this morning for an EEG followed by an appt with the doc to get the results. It will be alot of hurry up and wait kind of morning.

Michelle - The Help was wonderful. I wouldn't consider it a chick flick. My husband went and loved it. My girlfriend and her hubby went and both described it as a very moving story. You could get the book and check it out and form your qwn opinion. After seeing the movie my hubby wants to read the book.

I weighed in this morning and lost 1 lb. Giving my eating this week I consider that good.

Have to run to get ready for doc appt.

Everyone have a great day.

Will try to post more frequently but my schedule is packed full for the next couple of weeks. Will try to "pop" in.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I hope you have a great day.

I am trying to keep up with reading and I don't have much time to post :noway: but I am making an effort :smile:

Amanda the babies are so cute playing with their daddy. :happy:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Dear Ladies,

Jeanne: Good for you for your 1 pound gone! That's a great feeling, isn't it?

Viv: And good for you for saying no to friends bearing treats! I can do it for a period of time and then I struggle other times. It's practice, practice, I think, until it is a habit.

Jane: I hope you and your DH's Dr's appt went well. You reminded me that I need to make all of mine. I do them all in my birthday month of November, so I need to line them up soon. (There seem to be more and more every year too:grumble: )

Canning vegetables brings back such memories. My mother still does it and I did as a young bride ONE summer. The month of August in SC, with no AC....the memories are not all that great either!! I don't do it any more.

It was nice to wake up to nothing pressing to do and no where I had to be right away. DH left early to join his cousins on a 4 wheeler ride in the mountains nearby. They are all younger so he will be worn out upon return. He has to keep up with these young guys!

The service for my friend's brother was lovely and well attended yesterday. So sad, but so inspiring. His wife died very young so he had raised their only son alone. The son is an amazing young man and gave a lovely tribute to his father. My friend and her sister also talked. I just don't think I could do that in front of hundreds of people. But I was impressed that they could and did.

I leave this Tuesday early to head back to SC, so I plan to enjoy the rest of my mountain time. I'll take a nice walk after I get off this computer and hope to finish a painting that I started last week. Need to get some perennials out of pots and into the ground today too. I hope all of you have a good Friday and nice weekend.
    Take care, Kackie:heart:
  • grabbit97
    Options
    Good Morning,

I did try an Ambien again last night, WITH 2 Tylenol and I did sleep a good portion from 10 PM to 8 AM, with some waking up, but at least I slept!!!!

I have put on about 3 pounds, and not happy, back to C1 starting tomorrow... I am off the narcotics and I think that my appetite has come back... I need to start watching what goes in my mouth again... do not want to put any of this hard work back....
    I am going to start some bike riding on the stationary bike, now that my knee is healing well...
    I am also going to walk around the block a couple of times... need to start moving again.

Have a good weekend.

Natalie
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Morning all, looks like a busy posting day. See there's another PNW peep, though I guess I'm not officially PNW since I'm only in Oregon in the summer. Need my sun so Vegas works in the winter, lol.

Oh, and another golfer, finally getting back into it after a year hiatus. The only problem with golfing in Vegas, though, is it's all pretty much cart golf. I like playing in Bend (OR) where I can walk the courses, it just feels better to be out there somehow.

Boo :grumble: to the gains and yay :happy: to the losses.

Got in my time on the spin bike this morning which means I get to split a really nice porter with DH tonight and have some Coconut Bliss for dessert this evening. Yay. Meeting a friend for Thai tomorrow afternoon and should get in a good hike in the morning. I SO love Thai iced tea but it has SO many calories. And I'd rather save those for the meal. The place has amazing vegan, vegetarian, and omni options (started by Buddhists) and is family owned. It's across town so I rarely go and am excited. But must plan my day so I don't go over my calorie goal by too much (already accepted I'll go over since I don't plan to starve myself at breakfast or dinner).

Okay, should probably jump in the shower so I don't offend hubby (he telecommutes so has an office upstairs), and then get on with my studies.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just read about a study done on dieting that came up with a great idea for fall/winter and wanted to share it.

In the study people who had 2 cups of soup a day lost weight at a slower rate than the group that excluded soup, BUT (and here is the good news) the soup group kept the habit of the soup after the diet test period AND kept the weight off longer and better than the non-soup group.

The reason given was that the soup group felt fuller and did not go off the diet in other areas and that soup is gratifying, so the habit remained after the 1 year diet. They lost an average of 15 pounds in the year which was lower than the other control group which was 18 pounds. But, three years later the soup group had not regained that much.

Low sodium and home made soups here I come!

Jeannie
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good afternoon all

i had a very nice day so far....sent spinning(im in a challenge, where we keep track of our miles and for sept i end with 575miles , so happy)...had my hair done(high lights) back to blonde...and it looks very nice...had a quick lunch with two of my sons(very nice)...i wish you all a great weekend...

@jeanne...YAY on the loss

@barbie...good for you...telling your friend NO to cake....sweets are my down fall

@sally...great job on going to the gym and not talking yourself out of it

@jane...glad you are feeling better

@sallyj...we need to try everything , and see what works for us

@alice...i also remember the pressure cooker exploding in my mom kitchen, maybe thats why i dont use one

@michele...wonderful job on your bowliing

@viv...enjoy your sunny day

@amanda...i agree with everyone, you look lovey in your pic

@kackie...enjoy the rest of your stay, and safe travels back to SC

@natalie...happy you were able to sleep...sorry about the gain, the biking now that you can will help with that

@cynthia...i love to spin, its my main form of cardio,...hope you enjoyed it

@jeannie..thanks for the tip...i love soup, but dont drink as much(it too hot in sth florida):flowerforyou:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Just finally getting a chance to post.Hubby had blood tests for his yearly physical,hoping for good numbers.
    Dr thinks the tailbone is slowly healing as pain isn`t excruciating.Did a treatment on my back and found another area where it is sensitive and painful. He wants to try me walking in the pool mon for 10 min.It doesn`t hurt to walk,so we`ll see.Miss the exercise that I use to hate doing.
    Hope everyone has a great week-end.
    Hugs
    jane
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have been so busy today that this was my first chance to pop in. The grandsons are spending the night, so just have a minute. I wanted to wish all of you a great weekend!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :drinker: wow, it looks like everyone is busy. Even the people who are posting are saying that they are busy.

:drinker: Kackie, you must be a really great packer with all the going back and forth that you do

:drinker: Natalie, I remember when you felt like you couldn't even lose the first few pounds and now look how far you've come even with the surgery and all the meds you've had to take.:bigsmile: you'll be back on track before long :bigsmile:

:drinker: Cynthia, your Thai restaurant sounds great........yes, I had to give up the Thai Iced tea when I wanted to lose weight........budgeting my calories taught me to stay away from all the sweet stuff that had too much sugar and too little nutrition.

:drinker: JAM, thanks for the good info about soup :bigsmile:

:drinker: Pam, I see that your profile is private. I hope you'll tell us more about yourself

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    :bigsmile: little later this evening I'll be starting the new thread for October. When it's set up, I'll put the link at the bottom of this thread so everyone can find it.

:bigsmile: Most of us make new goals at the beginning of each month and report on how we did with the goals we set for this month.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just posted the new thread for October

here is the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356978-women-ages-50-for-october

now I can go to bed :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: