WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Jane, I'm glad to hear good news from you......take it easy so you can recover completely. You are so blessed to have a great husband to help you.

:laugh: Mimi, Mexican food and salad bars are dangerous for people like you and me:laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: things are busy and fun
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    TGIF everyone:flowerforyou: . I’ve been lurking but not gone.:happy: Trying to branch out into the Wii world so have been doing a lot of research in my spare time. This time of the year depresses me,:ohwell: I don’t know why because I LOVE Fall!:bigsmile: I’m really tired and getting on the treadmill just seems to wear me out and make me more tired.:yawn: BUT I still do it!:bigsmile:
    Hope everyone is well... as I haven’t had time to read the posts. Just sending hugs to all!!!!!:love:

BirdieM:heart:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope everyone is having a good Friday, and has a great weekend planned! I am still trying to get back into my school routine, and so far, exercise hasn't happened much, as I am too tired from everything else that I have had to do. I am going to exercise at least one day next week. I am saying this publicly to hold myself accountable. I know once isn't much of a commitment, but I have to start somewhere!
    Anyone else have a goal for next week to share?
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope everyone is having a good Friday, and has a great weekend planned! I am still trying to get back into my school routine, and so far, exercise hasn't happened much, as I am too tired from everything else that I have had to do. I am going to exercise at least one day next week. I am saying this publicly to hold myself accountable. I know once isn't much of a commitment, but I have to start somewhere!
    Anyone else have a goal for next week to share?

mary, one day a week is great, before long you will make more times a week...getting back to a work schedule is difficult, and finding time to include all that we need to do in our day is hard...one day at a time...

good luck

@birdiem....getting exercise will help LOTS....

have a great day all
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    the scale continues to creep downward. I am fighting a cold right now so not much exersize the last few days. Hope you are all doing well.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oh rats! I wrote a long post when I got to work this morning and it clearly didn't post! Wonder where it went .... hope I didn't accidentally post it to the gallery website where I working!

Busy, busy weekend for my dad's 80th birthday party. I think I need some carbs to see me through as I'm feeling lacking in something.

Love to all

Amanda x
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm over 50 (53 in fact!) and would love to join this amazing group of women! I've lost 20 but have stalled here by losing 5, then gaining it back, then losing it then back again for quite some time. Really need to drop another 50 and need some help! I work with a trainer 2X weekly plus other workouts Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
    Is this group still open to new members? I keep reading about the thread being closed?
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone

:smile: Mimi thanks for the reminder that I haven't been in touch for a while.:flowerforyou:

Every night I've been meaning to log on, but I've not got around to it.:embarassed: I've not checked all the posts yet, but I hope you are all fit and well.

I went to the anniversary party on Sunday and had a lovely time. I went with work my friends from work, we arrived at the hotel mid afternoon, so we had a few hours to spare before we needed to get ready. Jean and I went back to our room whilst Cindy and Rachel went for a dip in the pool. There was a knock at the door and there was a waiter with a bottle of champagne! Phil had sent up a bottle with 4 glasses for "her girls" as she put on the note.. When Cindy and Rachel came back to their room we all sat and drank champagne (it was a good start to the evening) I forgot to take my camera so I'm waiting for photo's from the others, I'll try and post some when I get them. We had a lovely evening dancing - a bit like a ho down(?) lady at the front of the band telling you what to do I think it's called a celidh (pronounced kaylee I found out :bigsmile: ) That must have used a few calories!!!

Still can't seem to lose this weight I've put back on, mind you I have been a bit naughty, so I must get back to logging the calories again. No one can do it but me I keep telling myself, but unfortunately I turn a deaf ear!

I can't believe it's almost October, where does the time go. It will be Christmas before we know it.

I need to read up on all the posts I've missed to get some inspiration. I certainly need it.

Bye for now

Love Viv xx
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm over 50 (53 in fact!) and would love to join this amazing group of women! I've lost 20 but have stalled here by losing 5, then gaining it back, then losing it then back again for quite some time. Really need to drop another 50 and need some help! I work with a trainer 2X weekly plus other workouts Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
    Is this group still open to new members? I keep reading about the thread being closed?

@minerva..welcome, you will find this group of ladies very inspiring...good luck on your journey

@robin..great that the scales keeps moving (downward)...feel better

@amanda...congrats on your dad's 80th..ENJOY

@viv...logging HELPS us so much, hope you get back to it...

i had a good workout (65min of spinning) and not very intense which was good since i stayed mostly in the fat burning zone(for me)
    and i burned 674(i use a HRM)...

here's hoping all have a lovely weekend...

:flowerforyou:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, ALL!

Minerva: We are very happy to have you! When we reach 500 posts the topic closes, but our fearless leader, Barbie always posts a link to connect to the new site! We look forward to learning more about you. You will find lots of support, inspiration and friendship here!

Just a quick hello to all. DH and I did a lovely hike up to our favorite spot...about 3 hours of serious hiking, which is good, since we are having neighbors over for dinner. She is a vegetarian so I am having a little more trouble than usual coming up with a good menu. Right now it is tomato pie and a lot of roasted vegetables, as well as a hearty, whole grain baquette. It's a good thing I walked uphill for so long as I will need the extra calories for this kind of meal.

My scale needs a new battery so I haven't weighed in for quite some time. I am on a good roll the past couple of weeks, so hope at least to be the same.

Have a wonderful weekend, dear Ladies!
    Kackie:heart:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :happy: I bit the bullet and bought a Nintendo Wii bundle that includes the console, hand gadgets and Wii Sport as well as Wii Sports Resort. It’s a beginning. Now I can Streamline movies and not pay an arm and a leg for them by renting them:bigsmile: . I really wanted it so I can get Wii Fit plus:happy: . I’ll have to wait a little longer to get that, but at least I’ve got the ball rolling. I really need to do more than the treadmill! I’m not a gym person…as I’m very private about exercising. I love the computer….so perhaps this will keep me moving this winter!:bigsmile: Take care all!:flowerforyou:

BirdieM:heart::drinker: :heart:
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Would love to join the group. Not quite 50 - I turn 50 next May. My goal is to be at a healthy weight by that birthday. So here I am! So far so good - down 4 pounds this week. Sometimes I start a diet and I'm just not really ready to be there. This time seems different - I feel good about actually making a true lifestyle change, sticking with it, and then KEEPING IT OFF.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jean
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post. Rain is coming tomorrow night got to get
    a few projects completed before it hits
    Welcome Mirneva & Jean'
    This group Of ladies are awesome
    Jane Glad your mom is home.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Minerva and Jane - Welcome! We have plenty of room - just jump in here with the rest of us! The more you post, the better we can get to know each other. Wishing you luck on your journey!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI~Hope everyone had a good day-enjoying the fall weather.
    Thanks for all the well wishes.Mom is home and sounds good.Back is doing good if I don`t bend or do anything I`m not suppose to.See the dr mon.It`s sooo hard to rely on others for help when you are use to doing it yourself or you want to and know u cant.I miss the walks,but gotta be patient,don`t want to do more damage then is.
    VIV-you`re right,time is flying by.
    Michele-love the apple cider trick,I remember years ago drinking it was suppose to have all these health benefits also.
    Biride-hope you get out of your slump,I know exercise helps me when I can.
    Mary-My goal is to eat as healthy as I can while I`m not exercising as to avoid gaining.
    rjadams-good on wt loss and feel better with the cold.
    Amanda-Happy b/day to Dad.
    Welcome Minerva and Jean-this is an awesome group.
    If missed anyone,sorry,gotta close for tonite.
    Hugs to you all amazing women-we`re not getting older-healthier and better
    jane:drinker:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Minerva - welcome, glad to have you. Please post your workouts, I'm always on the lookout for something different. The truth of the matter is that I have a short attention span so I need to constantly do something different. Maybe you can give me some ideas. Just read the post by kackie. I KNEW someone would tell you about the topic getting closed at 500 posts but there's always a link to a continuation.

Pam - sometimes it's really good to change up your time exercising and intensity. Bet you'll see a loss.

Did an hour of incline intervals on the treadmill today. Two minutes @ #3% incline, then 6%, then 9%, then 12%, then 3% and so on at 4mph. Boy, was I sweating! I did have to stop half way thru to go to the bathroom. Whenever I'm on the treadmill, I almost always need to go to the bathroom. Tomorrow...farmers market and then yoga.

Played mahjongg today. Didn't maj :(. Then went and bought a few of the items that are on sale at the store near there. One thing is baking potatoes. I got a head of cauliflower the other day so I think I'm going to try mashing up the potatoes with the cauliflower. Maybe I can get it by Vince that way. Oh, shhhh...he STILL doesn't know that the brownies I made the other day that he's been eating, I substituted all the oil and used prune puree. Then bowled 4 games. I broke 100 three times and got a 99 the fourth. Then on to shopping (the important thing in life)

Birdie - you'll like the Wii Fit plus. I have it and really like it. I also have "my personal trainer" but don't think that's as good. Tell me how you like the others (sport and sport resort)

Jean - welcome! You don't have to be 50 on the nose, just not a 20 something or 30 something. That's all. Tell us about yourself.

Anyone - I remember seeing on people's menus that they have like 1/4 or 1/2 an avacado (I think sometimes you do, mimi, but I could be wrong). My question is: how do you keep the remainder of the avacado to keep from getting brown, short of putting lemon juice on it. I'm thinking that the lemon juice would change the flavor of the avacado.

Well, I made the mashed potatoes and put some cauliflower in it. I honestly don't think Vince will be able to tell the difference. That may also be because I didn't put a lot of cauliflower this time in it. I was afraid it might somehow change the consistency or flavor and then he wouldn't eat it. Next time I'll put more in it. I did find that I boiled his with the potatoes and then steamed some cauliflower for myself. The steamed doesn't mash up as easily. So next time I'll boil the cauliflower but use less potatoes.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I don't know how I missed so many days of posting.

Welcome Minerva and Jane. I think you'll find this group helpful and inspiring.

I don't have much time so I need to make this quick this morning. Friday was weigh-in day and I gained 2 lbs. Don't know how, I've been following my menu and doing water aerobics 3x a week. One day I slipped and went over my calorie limit (Sunday of course) but otherwise I've been doing good.

I've decided to stick with the plan, make out a new menu for this week and stick with the exercise. Hope weight goes down this week. Will try to post everyday so I keep in touch with everything and let you know how I'm doing.

Jane - glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Congrats to all who have lost this week. Hang in there and don't get discouraged for those who have not lost.

I'm off to make my weekly menu. Then off to quilt class with hubby.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Jeanne - don't be discouraged. Just keep on keeping on and you will get healthier day by day.

I won't be around much today. A dear friend's daughter is getting married. Everyone have a great day!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Hope you all have a great sat.If anyone is under the weather,hope you feel better.
    Raining here.Gonna try to catch up on paperwork,etc.
    Hugs to you wonderful women!
    jane
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    :happy: I bit the bullet and bought a Nintendo Wii bundle that includes the console, hand gadgets and Wii Sport as well as Wii Sports Resort. It’s a beginning. Now I can Streamline movies and not pay an arm and a leg for them by renting them:bigsmile: . I really wanted it so I can get Wii Fit plus:happy: . I’ll have to wait a little longer to get that, but at least I’ve got the ball rolling. I really need to do more than the treadmill! I’m not a gym person…as I’m very private about exercising. I love the computer….so perhaps this will keep me moving this winter!:bigsmile: Take care all!:flowerforyou:

BirdieM:heart::drinker: :heart:

Birdie - We love our Wii and we love streaming stuff on Netflix! This will really help you out over the winter or on bad weather days as it will give you more indoor choices,

Jeannie