Senior Golden Sneakers............September

Options
h.gifa.gifp.gifp.gify.gifempty.gifs.gife.gifp.gift.gife.gifm.gifb.gife.gifr.gif

Replies

• judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    These fit so well they should be in a dictionary.

ADULT:
    A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

BEAUTY PARLOR:
    A place where women curl up and dye.

CANNIBAL:
    Someone who is fed up with people.

CHICKENS:
    The only animals you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE:
    A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST:
    Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST:
    Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF:
    Cold Storage.

INFLATION:
    Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO:
    An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN:
    Grape with sunburn.

SECRET:
    Something you tell to one person at a time.

SKELETON:
    A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE:
    The pain that drives you to extraction.
    TOMORROW:
    One of the greatest labour saving devices of today.
    YAWN:
    An honest opinion openly expressed.

and MY Favourite!!
    =========================
    WRINKLES:
    Something other people have, similar to my character lines.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks Sandy for the new thread. You had to have started it in the middle of the night.:smile:

:flowerforyou: Judy, thanks for the definitions.

This is day four of the challenge. I am thinking of sneaking over to 1st aid and weighing myself. The battery on my home scales went dead and I can't figure out how to remove the cover.:laugh:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sandy. I also love the picture!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Wow can't believe it is September Thanks Sandy for giving us the link and starting our new thread.Nice Start.

Birdie good to see your smiling face this morning.

Judy you are so right. really nice to see you this morning. I went to bed last night at 9
    and didn't wake up till 9 this morning.

Becky. i am trying to stay off of the scales for now I am just trying to stay focus on my Blood readings. I am afraid I will wake up and my bubbles will burst.I had a nice reading of 72 this morning. Stiil off of my daytime insulin.Just one does of Lantus at night..I don't feel like I am eating anything difference but I must be. Really enjoying my beans and veggies.But plan on having some chicken or fish. this week end.

I missed Irene poping in. Thinking of you my dear.

Buzz I am thinking of you too. Our weather is surpose to break Next week.The wild fires are getting pretty bad here, Not close to us tho yet. That is the mainly reason Jerry keep watering ours Look like we are losing some of our hedges. Our pecan tree is still looking good of course no pecans.. It looks like fall out there under the trees for the leaves are so dry and falling off.like fall.

Phoe havent seen you this morning but know you are out there. Have a good day.

Barbie how is Jake? Tell him we are ready for a new joke.

Jeri I love that ranch and the mt. photo so Lovely. Take your breath away/
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Good Morning, Happy September:bigsmile: As a retired teacher I am delighted that I am not about to go back to school this month :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: Jake is still asleep, getting much needed rest after his hospital ordeal......rest is what he is supposed to be doing for a few days.......I have walked the dogs to do "business", eaten my breakfast, put out the garbage and recycling, walked the dogs in the neighborhood for an hour and in a few minutes I'll take a shower, get dressed and go to my line dance class. Usually Jake and I have tea and conversation when I get back from my walk, but today I am talking to you instead :bigsmile:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!:bigsmile: It is going to be a hot day here today so it is a good thing my meeting is indoors. :laugh:
    My son's and his fiance trying to arrange a day for me and my hubby to go to her parents house for dinner to meet the parents of the bride. :wink: He is getting frustrated because I am always so busy and we are having a hard time coordinating a day. They are only available on weekends so it hard especially since LIsa (the bride) works on some weekends. I told him there is no rush since the wedding isn't until 2013 but patience isn't one of his virtues. :tongue:

Marie, I am with you, how can it be September already? That means I have to start thinking about Christmas and I thought I just put everything away from Christmas. I hate that time flies so fast when we get "older". It is so wonderful that your blood sugar is staying so low with diet, your doctor must be so proud of you as we are. :heart:

Birdie, so good to see you again. How is the move coming? You must be a s busy as always but so glad you checked in. :bigsmile: Thanks for the compliment on the picture, I have to admit I love it also and I took it with my camera balancing on a chair with the timer. :laugh:

Becky, I actually posted it before midnight, but I do stay up until one every morning. :yawn:

Judy, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Irene did post by mistake on the birthday page but asked her to repost on this thread. She gave us all some big smiles. :bigsmile: :smokin:

Have a great day everyone, I will check in later.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Jeri, if I took photos as well as ou, I'd have them framed and hanging on all my walls, they are just wonderful.

Thanks Sandy, for starting Sept. off with a big smile, and a link to the Sept. thread.

Hi Birdie, glad to see you.
    Irene, good one, and we miss you
    Judy, that one had more true statements than any I've read, lol!
    Marie, 72, do you get shaky at that reading? I would be. My doctor sent me a note that all my tests were normal except for leukocytes in my urine. I'm to keep and eye out for any signs of infection, and come in if needed.

we have rain this morning. we were outside, playing with four adorable kittens, they must be from a neighbors home, we fed them, gave them water, and they visited with us, then it started to rain, and everyone went home. We hope to eventually get them all spayed/neutered if the neighbors dont, and they usually don't, else there wouldn't be any kittens, would there?

Becky, I know it is hard to stay away from the scale.. I had a hard time getting the cover off of my scale to change the battery.. it is on the back, and I used a coin to turn it, until it finally popped open.

Barbie, glad you are up and at em this morning, hope Jake is back to himself by now, but taking it easy.

Shirley, enjoy your final weekend on the water, hope you have good weather.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Phoebe, yes....there are two what looks like plastic screws on the bottom of the scales. Each one had a slot, so I thought that using a screw driver would work. Nope. Then I tried a quarter. They turned a little but wouldn't pop off. Plus, the slots are beginning to get torn up. My husband tried but he is not the type to be able to fix anything. He just got frustrated. I will wait til my son comes over. Thank God, I have a son who can fix anything.:heart: And, you do know that since you fed them...the kittens belong to you.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, my goodness, when you are getting to bed, I have only three more hours to sleep.:noway:

Well, time is running out on my lunch hour.:sad:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    " And, you do know that since you fed them...the kittens belong to you"

Oh Becky would that I could.. my dh calls me catwoman or catmama,
  • mtnmaw
    Options
    A new month, new goals. Onward and upward (or should I say downward in weight?)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sandy for keeping us motivated to keep this thread going.

I can't believe its September. I am looking forward to the cooler temps.
    Hot weather and humidity are not my friend. :tongue:

Last long weekend for our cruise so I am packing tonight and making
    coleslaw for lunches. The rest will be breakfast and probably dinners
    out at restaurants. We are going to Wilson, NY this weekend just
    across the river from our club and down along the lake about two
    hours to cross. Remember sailboat, ladies. We don't go very fast :laugh:

:smile: Irene: Great joke :laugh: :laugh:

:smile: Becky: You are not a bad mom, just a busy mom. Sometimes we get
    wrapped up in other things. Glad to hear he will be fine.

:smile: Marie: You are doing fantastic at portion control and no bad carbs. I think you
    have this licked. Once you don't eat the bread products, crackers, pretzels, etc.
    you won't miss it. Once in a while is okay but not everyday. :wink:

I probably won't be checking in until I get back from the weekend. So have a great
    Labor Day weekend everyone and stay safe. :flowerforyou:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    After all the work, painting, cleaning decluttering etc. to move to a smaller and less expensive house…..we decided, at this time anyway, we are going to stay in the house we have and try to pay off our mortgage:ohwell: . Because we were going to take some of our savings and put it towards a new house, we realized (after looking at all the scenarios and the $$$$$.....bottom lines) that the wisest think to do would be to take that money and put it towards our own house, savings tons of money in interest, and work on paying off the rest in the next few years…..THEN see about selling the house!:bigsmile: The market for buying houses is so bad, that after crunching the numbers, we discovered it would cost us MORE to move than to stay!! :noway: ! What the realtor could get for our house is an insult:angry: and, for some mysterious reason….our taxes went down almost a thousand dollars!!!:happy: Must be that after assessing everyone’s house to be over 50,000 less than they were in March….had a positive effect on the taxes. All the work we have done….we can now enjoy…at least for a few years hopefully. :love: We are going to continue fixing the house, as it is really looking good! :bigsmile: And, honestly not having to deal with the sentiment involved in making such a huge change….is a weight off my back:bigsmile: . So I hope to be popping in more to post.:wink:
    Hurricane (Tropical Storm Irene) raised havoc on folks around here but we are fine. Lots of trees, wires and branches went down and we were out of power for 2 days.(Some people are STILL without power) It wasn’t bad, for us though, as I had hot water (gas heater), a gas grill and we have sewers, so we could flush our toilets. Having 2 days alone with my hubby by the candlelight was in some ways quite nice.:blushing:

I have continued to track my food and exercise.... and suspect I always will, because knowing what you’re eating is the half the battle, even in maintaining. My weight has remained within a pound, up or down, so for all the drama going on, I’m pleased and grateful for this website.

Hang in there all and stick with MFP (My Favorite Program!!!!):laugh:

BirdieM :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    That month again! Hard to remember, harder to forget! [img][/img]1595529h7jyan1bw8.gif

Read all the post, laughed at JUDY, as usual, but running short of time.
    Thanks again, SANDY, and will try to get back manana, a very busy day!

Thinking of all of you, though! :love:

Buzz
  • viliberty1957
    Options
    Marking my spot so I can come back. Love you all.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :sad: I LOST MY POST !!!!!

It was so long....I could just scream. I guess I did. Oh, well...I am not going to try again. Think I'll take a shower and go to bed.:grumble:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Irene so glad you see you around. I have had 2 miriacle this week. and I am so excited.
    First getting my insulin cut.back that in it self is something I thougt I would never see getting 1 injection a day from taking 4 for over 4 years.Truly a gift from God.And the other has not happen yet but will in the morning. talk about it later.
    I been eatin 2 1/2 c beans daily and I do beieve that has something to do with my blood sugar coming down did yours when you went on the diet you are on now.
    I am alwaya thinking of you with a prayer in my heart Love ya' Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    Was this one told already??

After being married for 40 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said,
    "Forty years ago we had a cheap house, a junk car, we slept on a sofa bed and could barely watch our 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 23-year-old girl. Today, I have a $500,000.00 home, a $45,000.00 car, a very large bed and a big-screen TV, but now I'm sleeping with a 63-year-old woman. It seems to me you're not holding up your side of things."
    My wife being a very reasonable woman, told me to go out and find a hot 23-year-old girl and, she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap house, driving a junk car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10-inch black and white TV.
    Older women really know how to solve an old guy's problems. Aren't they great!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Sandy said:

Older women really know how to solve an old guy's problems. Aren't they great!

Perfect. LOL
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is great, Sandy. Reminds me of the joke men like to say...when his wife turns 40, he is trading her in for two 20s. My husband said that once to me and I replied with the fact that he wasn't wired for 220.

:flowerforyou: AWWWW..Marie...you have me curious now. Another miracle but we have to wait to hear of it !!! It doesn't have anything to do with eating so many beans? Like you have gotten so accustom to them that you no longer fart? :laugh: :laugh:

Hip Hop went good last night. We are learning a ruetine (how is that word spelled ?????). One girl has taken lots of ballroom dancing and is quite good. I make sure that I am not standing next to her.:laugh: Not only because she is good but she has a tendency to forget that she is not alone and she almost ran me over last week.:bigsmile: