Senior Golden Sneakers............September

Options

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, I absolutely love your roses. Got to show them to my daughter. She loves roses because that is her middle name. Your vegetables all sound yummy with the exception of the okra. I can't eat those.:noway:

:flowerforyou: Chris, what a busy day you had. I got tired just reading all the things you did.

:flowerforyou: Phoebe, thank you.:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Phyllis, I think it is wonderful that so many employers are helping their employees get healthy. Mine actually pays for a portion of my YMCA membership.:bigsmile:

I do believe that I need to do something different to burn more calories. Yesterday I burned 190 in the water class. Tonight I burned 195 lifting weights. This just isn't enough:angry:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    To Sandy and Babe,

h.gifa.gifp.gifp.gify.gifempty.gifempty.gifa.gifn.gifn.gifi.gifv.gife.gifr.gifs.gifa.gifr.gify.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I don't know anyone who eats a completely "clean eating" diet but many to who strive to reach that goal. Here is something I found that describes clean eating better than I could:

Clean eating is a diet program based on the idea that the best way to eat is to abundantly enjoy whole foods -- that is, foods as close to their natural state and you can get them. This means eating fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins instead of pre-packaged, processed foods or fast food. Clean eating is also committed to replacing saturated fats with healthy fats. Many on the plan don't count calories, but instead trust in good quality, healthy food.

Step 1
    Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Choose fresh, unprocessed foods over canned or processed products. Clean eating enthusiasts believe that we were meant to survive on fresh fruits and vegetables and that processing them reduces their nutritional value and fiber content and adds salt, fat, sugar and chemicals. Choose fruit instead of fruit juice and if you must pick a processed vegetable, frozen is always better than canned.

Step 2
    Balance protein and complex carbohydrates. Incorporate whole grains like brown rice or millet over processed grains. Eat lean meats, and choose organic or grass fed meats when possible as these foods are usually clean of pesticides, hormones and additives. Grill, broil or steam your meats rather than frying.

Step 3
    Avoid sodas and high calorie, sugary drinks. Follow the tenant of clean eating that aims to remove added sugars from the diet. Choose water or tea for your beverages, or juice your own fruits and vegetables and enjoy them without added sugars or preservatives.

Step 4
    Trade bad fats for good fats. One of the most important aspects of clean eating is removing saturated fats from the diet. Lower your saturated fat intake by avoiding fast food, choosing lean cuts of meat and getting your fat calories from foods like nuts and fatty fish.

Step 5
    Eat several small meals to keep blood sugar stable and to avoid overeating. Choose snacks like nuts, low-fat or fat free dairy and fruits and vegetables. Note that some people who live a clean eating lifestyle don't eat dairy products while others adapt clean eating to a vegetarian lifestyle.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    694709mz5ry2noea.gif

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SANDY AND BABE:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: Love you.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, thanks so much for the information on clean eating. I ran a copy off to share with others.

:flowerforyou: AWW Marie, there's your beautiful flowers again.

Happy Anniversay Sandy.

Good news. Since I have gotten serious about losing weight, I have lost 5 pounds.:happy:
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    Bear Attacks Wisconsin Child!!!

BE ON THE LOOK OUT! ITS GETTING INTO THE SEASON FOR BEAR ATTACKS!!!!!!!
    Warning - This is very graphic! Please pass this on to all your friends so they know..............
    And so it begins....tis the Season!!!! GO BEARS!!

bears.jpg
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Barbie, thanks for the info, I read up on it, and it seems like 'clean' eating is another way to say eating healthy. It is interesting, isn't it.
    Sandy, those little fans are so cute!

well, I am all scratched up, and loving it!! lol, kitties again.

Becky, congrats on 5 lbs!! That is HUGE!! :flowerforyou:

ok, back to work, well, housework that is. much cooler today, been outside for a while.

have a great day!!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :bigsmile: Beautiful day, I am grateful!! :love: Thank you all for the anniversary wishes, it is great to have such good friends even if I haven't met you personally. :love: We went to see the Debt and it was good, lunch was great and spending time with my hubby, priceless. :heart: Today I have a meeting and tonight a fundraiser benefit. This weekend my step daughter from California is coming in so it looks like a buy time. :tongue:

h.gifa.gifp.gifp.gify.gifempty.gifb.gifi.gifr.gift.gifh.gifd.gifa.gify.gifempty.gifb.gife.gift.gift.gify.gif
    Are you still with us Betty??

Marie, thank you for the beautiful rose, what a great graphic as is the basket of roses. :heart:

Barbie, thank you for the information on clean living, not something I could do. :noway: Also thank you for the anniversary graphic. :flowerforyou:

Becky, I think it is great your company is concerned with health issues and pays for some of your membership. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, you are doing a great job, stop picking on yourself. :laugh:

Chris, you are one busy person and still manage to do this program, you are an inspiration to all of us.:drinker:

Phoebe, great job in donating not only your time is helping these kitties but money as well. It is so sad to see stray kittens wandering around with no homes, people like you make such a difference. Thank you!! :love:

Phyllis, glad everything went well at school, I never had doubt you would be great, it shows in your posts. :blushing: 10,000 steps a day is unbelievable, I don't know how you and Barbie manage to get so many steps in one day. :tongue:

Jeanne, great picture, has your weather taken a turn for the cold? We are in a cool down, but my flowers are still flourishing. :flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks barbie, thanks for the infomation on clean eating. It is not something I am willing to to do yet. But will be going for at least 90 % on it. Or at least try. There are just some things i am not willing to put on My do not eat list

Becky for the good weight lost Fantastic 5 Lbs. Thats 5 1 lb of butter you don't have anymore WOW!

1410368au83pgub4e.gif

w.gifo.gifw.gif
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

:smile: Barbie: Thanks so much for the explanation on Clean Eating. That is what i was
    aiming for with the Eat To Live book that I read. Its all about eating clean
    but leaning toward vegetarian. I am doing it but I do fail at times.
    If I do 80% I am happy. I do love meat so vegetarian is out of the question.
    I leave that to my daughter.

:smile: Becky: Eight children, Seriously. You are an angel. Congrats on your weight loss
    you are on track. Keep it up !!:bigsmile:

:smile: Sandy: Happy Anniversay to you both. Many more years of happiness. :drinker:

:smile: Chris: Welcome! you are doing great with your exercises in spite of knee replacements.
    My girlfriend has to have both knees done. The first surgery is March 19th.
    She is very nervous.

:smile: Jeri: Another beautiful picture of Canada and all its wonders.

Yesterday cleaned our downstairs, got the car washed and of course it rained today:tongue: , went to
    Walmart made supper and watched the premiere of Survivor. I was beat. :yawn:
    Tomorrow day off.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY THURSDAY AND ANY OTHER HAPPY YOU CAN THINK OF.

YIPPEE IT IS THE WEEK END FOR ME. TWO DAYS OFF FROM WORK.

I SWAM AN HOUR THIS MORNING. BOY IT IS GREAT TO START OFF THE DAY AT 5:00 WITH A SWIM IN THE DARK. IT IS AN OUTDOOR POOL.I GET TO SEE THE SUN COME UP FROM THE POOL.

SO FAR I ONLY HAVE 7,000+ STEPS. TOO BAD I CAN'T WEAR THE PEDOMETER UNDER WATER!

I LOVE ALL YOUR POSTS BUT DON'T HAVE A MINUTE TO COMMENT ON EACH ON INDIVIDUALLY

JUST KNOW I LOVE YOU. PHYLLIS
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Phyllis, there is a list of ordinary, every day things that we do, that tells how many steps can be counted for the activity. I will see if I can get a copy of it. I also think that I saw a list like this at the YMCA. It will say something like...cutting grass for 1/2 hour would equal so many steps, etc.

:flowerforyou: Shirley, thanks for the congrats. Think of all the calories you burned yesterday just doing ordinary things.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I have been visualizing a five pound bag of flour all day. Five really doesn't sound like much until you think of carrying that flour around.

:flowerforyou: Phoebe, is that your cat?

Sandy, I am going to pick on myself once again. I have been feeling good most of the time. I feel that I look good at work and at home. But, put me in front of a wall of mirrors, in my dance clothes and I look fat. I need to lose this extra weight that I am carrying from my waist up. My hips are not the problem. I am top heavy. You know...that is the bad kind of fat. Apple shaped.:angry:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jeannie here is my crumb blocks Don't laugh. they are surpose to be whcky Next week we will make stas. Can hardly wait.

100_0077.jpg
    Options
    Jeannie here is my crumb blocks Don't laugh. they are surpose to be whcky Next week we will make stas. Can hardly wait.

100_0077.jpg

Marie, they are wonderful, I love them!!
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers

I think my main computer is toast!!!!! Oh computer woes. I need to buy another one but in order to copy everything over I need to get it up and running. Even swearing at it hasn't helped. Or threatening it.

Busy day today. We went over to our dd's house and saw all the kids. What fun. Then back home and then we took my Mom grocery shopping. Then back to her place to unload it all. A full day indeed.

So now I need to decide what type of computer I want. Hmmmmm

We also bought a new car on Tuesday. Bad timing to buy a new computer too. I think I need to win the lottery.

Have a great night all.

6151505825_7a187b93a9.jpg
    Hwy 22 by FancyLady, on Flickr
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Just after midnight, so I'm sorry I missed SANDY and BABE's anniversary now by 2 days! Sorry about that!:flowerforyou:

I may have to simply read all your posts to try to keep up, but not post myself, except to say hi to everyone (not separately, though) I'm dancing as fast as I can just to stay in the same place, but never seeming to catch up! So sorry.

I will try to catch BARBIE's post on clean eating. I probably could post the perfect one on "dirty eating"" but I'm getting so annoyed with watching every morsel. Ah well...

HAve a happy healthy Friday everybody :bigsmile:

Buzz
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    TGIF!:bigsmile: I’ve been lurking and haven’t had time to respond to the posts,:ohwell: but thank you to everyone who had ideas about exercising etc. to trim my growing waist down.:flowerforyou:

Congratulations to everyone who had a good week losing weight.:flowerforyou: Hang in there those who are struggling.:drinker: :drinker:

I need some advice I need to do more than my treadmill and walking and I would be interested in doing some of those interaction program like Wi-Fit? I have no idea what’s out there or what kind of equipment I need to purchase to use it:huh: . Right now I’m thinking of buying additional equipment so I can streamline my Netflix Movies and I notice some of the players mention WI –Fi. Is that the same equipment that I would use to accommodate programs like Wi-Fit or is it something else? Not up on the new technology, as you can see.:ohwell:

Also Gut & Butt sounds like a DVD? Is it hard and do they have it for beginners or old ladies?:laugh:
    I really need to have some variety in my exercise! I look at Barbie and others and admire the number of different things they do to keep fit.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I DO think that some of those activities would help me to firm up as the treadmill is just firming my legs. Any advice?

Happy belated anniversary Sandy and Jeri those pictures are breathtaking! Got to go!

BirdieM:heart:
    Options
    Hi there, we are loading the car and getting ready to go back to work. will I ever miss those kittens!

It is sooo much cooler today, just fantastic.. great day for walking walking walking!!

Birdie, the only question I can answer for you is that wi fi is not related to the game console called Wii... Wii Fit is a type of 'game' to be played on the Wii game console. It isn't really a game, but it is exercise made to resemble a game, sort of. Some of the exercises are very basic and might even seem too little, but don't be fooled into thinking it is not worthwhile to purchase the Wii game console.. there are several, and I do mean several exercise discs/games to purchase and they get rather intense.

Wi fi,( is basically the internet, except it is wireless and faster than say, dial up internet. A wi fi ready device means it can access the internet IF there is a wi fi connection available. So if you have a wi fi ready laptop, and go into Starbucks, you can go on the internet without a phone jack. Many McDonalds are offereing wi fi too. My 'smartphone' is wi fi ready. that just means I can use wifi when available, and save my monthly allotment of internet access that I have paid my cell phone carrier to provide to me.

We have comcast cable television here at home. Thru their 'On Demand' channel, they have excellent choices for free exercise routines. I think they are actually dvds that are available to buy, but they are shorter in length. they offer all kinds of workouts for free. That way, it is easy to 'try before you buy'.

I can't advise you on what type of exercise to add to your routine, coz I need that advice myself!! I printed coupons for a 7 day free trial at our local ymca, that might be an option for you, and then you can try various equipment and classes. I want dh to visit with me, he might like the walking track, indoors, and I would love the indoor pool.
    I would give up my membership to Anytime Fitness, which doesn't have a walking track or a pool.

ok, I'm going to close this now, and get back to the kitties, have a wonderful week
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hi there, we are loading the car and getting ready to go back to work. will I ever miss those kittens!

It is sooo much cooler today, just fantastic.. great day for walking walking walking!!

Birdie, the only question I can answer for you is that wi fi is not related to the game console called Wii... Wii Fit is a type of 'game' to be played on the Wii game console. It isn't really a game, but it is exercise made to resemble a game, sort of. Some of the exercises are very basic and might even seem too little, but don't be fooled into thinking it is not worthwhile to purchase the Wii game console.. there are several, and I do mean several exercise discs/games to purchase and they get rather intense.

Wi fi,( is basically the internet, except it is wireless and faster than say, dial up internet. A wi fi ready device means it can access the internet IF there is a wi fi connection available. So if you have a wi fi ready laptop, and go into Starbucks, you can go on the internet without a phone jack. Many McDonalds are offereing wi fi too. My 'smartphone' is wi fi ready. that just means I can use wifi when available, and save my monthly allotment of internet access that I have paid my cell phone carrier to provide to me.

We have comcast cable television here at home. Thru their 'On Demand' channel, they have excellent choices for free exercise routines. I think they are actually dvds that are available to buy, but they are shorter in length. they offer all kinds of workouts for free. That way, it is easy to 'try before you buy'.

I can't advise you on what type of exercise to add to your routine, coz I need that advice myself!! I printed coupons for a 7 day free trial at our local ymca, that might be an option for you, and then you can try various equipment and classes. I want dh to visit with me, he might like the walking track, indoors, and I would love the indoor pool.
    I would give up my membership to Anytime Fitness, which doesn't have a walking track or a pool.

ok, I'm going to close this now, and get back to the kitties, have a wonderful week

Thanks Phoebe for the explanation. It does clear up several questions I have.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    2388278liymvlaslw.gif

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRENE!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: