Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies-

I officially declare this Tuesday :smooched: "SHOUT OUT TO THE HUBBY TUESDAY"!! :smooched:

I love my husband for everything he does including all those little things I hate doing!! :ohwell:

My hubby has been at home for the last few days and as his days come to and end he's been trying to use his time wisely. My surprise yesterday was: crib assembled, finished touching up the dresser/changing table and touched up a rocking chair that my mother gifted us. He also cleaned & put together the side swing, the baby play floor mat, organized the baby closet and got the car seat ready to go!! :love:

Today he's planning on rearranging our kitchen to where the bottles and other small needs can be stored out of sight but still within my reach.

Mind you these were all things that we were planning on doing (eventually) but I've just been so sleeply lately...that's all I can focus on!! I am thankful and grateful that I have such a loving husband!!!

What has your hubby done for you lately?
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

I've been MIA lately... but I've been keeping up on reading about you all. I've been struggling lately! It's so hard to keep workouts up and eat healthy when I'm feeling so crappy all of the time... I'm so tired, it's so hard to get good hard workouts in and it seems like every healthy food makes me gag right now, so I just have to eat whatever will stay down. Anyone else struggle in the first trimester?? I want to stay fit, but I know I have a good excuse to not work as hard... I dunno. I just need some encouragement!

Hope you all are feeling fabulous!

Thanks for any help :)

And as for Hubby Tuesday - Mine has been more helpful than I could have imagined!! I'm only 8 weeks along, but I haven't had to do laundry or dishes since we found out I was pregnant. He lets me sleep all the time and makes sure I'm always taken care of. I love that man!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

I've been MIA lately... but I've been keeping up on reading about you all. I've been struggling lately! It's so hard to keep workouts up and eat healthy when I'm feeling so crappy all of the time... I'm so tired, it's so hard to get good hard workouts in and it seems like every healthy food makes me gag right now, so I just have to eat whatever will stay down. Anyone else struggle in the first trimester?? I want to stay fit, but I know I have a good excuse to not work as hard... I dunno. I just need some encouragement!

JReckert- Sorry to hear that you are not feeling your best. I too had a challenging first trimester, at least hard for me :wink: I couldn't eat full meals so I resorted to small snacks. I snacked about 6 times a day and stuck RELIGIOUSLY to what I could keep down. I quit tracking what I was eating and I stopped working out as a whole. I focused on my body and what I thought I needed: consistant snacks & lots of sleeping.

Needless to say that I'm moving into the 2nd trimester and I still do LOTS of sleeping. I know that with time this will change and I'll be back to eating healthy and have faith that I will also have more energy.

Hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Babeed854 - Aww, that is so sweet of your man to do that for you!! :) How thoughtful! As for my husband, yesterday was pretty sweet because when he got home from work he wanted to do the doppler himself. When he put it on my stomach he immediately found the heart beat and then was talking into the speaker part (like it was a 2 way radio) saying, "Hi baby, this is your daddy. I love youuuuu." haha! It was adorable! Ever since he heard the heart beat he has been more affectionate. Today was the first time when he left the house for work that he touched my tummy and said, "bye baby, I love you." It's like things just clicked for him that there's a living person in there that we made. :) Pretty surreal.
    That's so exciting that you guys already have your crib and stuff together. I want to get started on all that. Where did you purchase your nursery furniture from? It's so hard. I was reading reviews on Amazon and then we read Consumer Reports this weekend. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I always want it to be cute and, most importantly, safe!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Kudos to your hubby Babeed!

Jreckert: Hope you can find something your tummy can hold in.

Kristy: You make me want to buy a doppler, that is awesome. Kudos to your hubby too.

Well this question may not be suited for the newbies but informational for the future:

For mommies having their second, or more child.

Did you get more stretch marks than in your first pregnancy or following pregnancies?
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Babeed854 - Aww, that is so sweet of your man to do that for you!! :) How thoughtful! As for my husband, yesterday was pretty sweet because when he got home from work he wanted to do the doppler himself. When he put it on my stomach he immediately found the heart beat and then was talking into the speaker part (like it was a 2 way radio) saying, "Hi baby, this is your daddy. I love youuuuu." haha! It was adorable! Ever since he heard the heart beat he has been more affectionate. Today was the first time when he left the house for work that he touched my tummy and said, "bye baby, I love you." It's like things just clicked for him that there's a living person in there that we made. :) Pretty surreal.
    That's so exciting that you guys already have your crib and stuff together. I want to get started on all that. Where did you purchase your nursery furniture from? It's so hard. I was reading reviews on Amazon and then we read Consumer Reports this weekend. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I always want it to be cute and, most importantly, safe!

Great Kristy, you just made me tear up!! Definitely need to put MASCARA ALERT before posting something like that! LOL...so sweet of your hubby!! Just the thought!! How beautiful and cherishable moments!!

Kristy, This is our first baby and although we had planned to get pregnant next year we didn't plan and were a little surprised when we did find out. But God has a plan for each of us....

My mother gifted us the crib (purchased at Burlington) it's a combo of retro/modern and was fairly inexpensive compared to the ones I've seen. My mothers employer gifted a very gently used dresser/changing table. It has 1 scratch on it but after the hubby repainted it - it looks brand new!! My mother gifted us the rocker when we purchased our home back in December. She said it was her gift to us for the baby room :noway: LOL!!! The baby bottles I purchased on craigslist from a lady that found out she was having twins and when I told her that it was my first she gifted me some unused nipples/bottle carrier warmer and other things. Along the way I stop at garage sales and check craigslist almost daily for small things:

So far I've collected a baby bath tub for like $5, the play mat for $10 (and it was new), the swing was also gifted to us, my hubbys SIL donated her car seat/stroller and my brother said if its a girl we can have his (since it's all pink)

I have also posted a few comments on FB asking for anything that people may be getting rid of and ended up with quite a bit of baby clothes (some still iwth tags on it)

it's amazing what you can find for free or almost next to nothing!! But I have to admit it's been time consuming for sure!!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

THIS IS ME!!!! I am feeling the SAME way! Beating myself up mentally because I am having that same struggle! The scale hasn't moved up that much so I'm trying to stay postitive but just can't help but feel guilty because all of the healthy things I was doing pre-pregnancy are a "no go" right now. Hoping 2nd Tri will be different. :heart:
  • BelgianLady
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

THIS IS ME!!!! I am feeling the SAME way! Beating myself up mentally because I am having that same struggle! The scale hasn't moved up that much so I'm trying to stay postitive but just can't help but feel guilty because all of the healthy things I was doing pre-pregnancy are a "no go" right now. Hoping 2nd Tri will be different. :heart:
    I'm in my 3rd tri with twins and had a few bad days due to anemia and the babies pumping all they can from me :-); what I would say to you is listen to your body, if you are tired, rest, give yourself a break! don't do anything crazy. You are building one baby or more, this is tiring enough. There will be other days when you feel better and ready for some workout :-)
  • taldie01
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

Yup this is me as well, I stopped taking my anti nausea medication cause I think it was making me more nauseaus? I dont know we will see how it goes. I have also had a terrible cold as well. Im supposed to run a 7kms trail race this weekend! Yikes! I dont know if that is going to happen
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Great Kristy, you just made me tear up!! Definitely need to put MASCARA ALERT before posting something like that! LOL...so sweet of your hubby!! Just the thought!! How beautiful and cherishable moments!!

Kristy, This is our first baby and although we had planned to get pregnant next year we didn't plan and were a little surprised when we did find out. But God has a plan for each of us....

My mother gifted us the crib (purchased at Burlington) it's a combo of retro/modern and was fairly inexpensive compared to the ones I've seen. My mothers employer gifted a very gently used dresser/changing table. It has 1 scratch on it but after the hubby repainted it - it looks brand new!! My mother gifted us the rocker when we purchased our home back in December. She said it was her gift to us for the baby room :noway: LOL!!! The baby bottles I purchased on craigslist from a lady that found out she was having twins and when I told her that it was my first she gifted me some unused nipples/bottle carrier warmer and other things. Along the way I stop at garage sales and check craigslist almost daily for small things:

So far I've collected a baby bath tub for like $5, the play mat for $10 (and it was new), the swing was also gifted to us, my hubbys SIL donated her car seat/stroller and my brother said if its a girl we can have his (since it's all pink)

I have also posted a few comments on FB asking for anything that people may be getting rid of and ended up with quite a bit of baby clothes (some still iwth tags on it)

it's amazing what you can find for free or almost next to nothing!! But I have to admit it's been time consuming for sure!!

Haha! Sorrrrry!! Shoulda warned about the sentimental moment. :wink:

Man, I need to get on the ball with that stuff then. I'm all about being thrifty! I've been looking on craigslist here and there for stuff. The cribs I've found on there either aren't what I want or they're overpriced. I'll keep looking though. You've inspired me! :)
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! So proud of myself!!! I finally did my yoga last night. It was a little odd, first time I've ever done it, but I have to admit, I slept so good last night and I think it will really help my back! It's sore today but it feels a little streched, which I think it needs.

Anyway, someone mentioned being tired! I am so tired all the time. I'm almost 5 months along and to me that is well into the second trimester, but still TIRED!!! I was never this tired in my first pregnancy, just at the end of it. It's so weird. I feel like I could sleep at almost any moment, if I sit down to take a break, watch TV, I could be out in 3 minutes or less if I let myself.

lunarokra - about stretch marks- I want to know if they are worse in the second pregnancy too. I got a few the first time and don't want anymore. So I'm curious on this too.

I can't wait to start buying baby stuff!!!! I plan to buy a few outfits on the day of my u/s! My hubby will most likely not be able to go now, which makes me sad, but I plan on bringing my son. I think I will even let him break the news to dad. :)

1st Trimester struggle - YES!!! So tired weeks 5-10 and nauseated like crazy!!!! Out of energy and *****y. (SO Glad I'm past that part)!!

Today so far - Got up early (my son had a bad bloody nose, 4th time in two days), I think it is due to all the smoke around here, there are so many wildfires and it's horrible outside. Besides that, I managed to clean my house a little, did some laundry, practiced spelling words w/ my son and had no crazy rush around moments. It was a good morning!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! I'm been lurking around here lately and reading posts and am ready to join you!

A little about me...

My name is Kristin. I am a mother to a beautiful two-year-old girl, I work full-time, have a wonderful husband and am super excited to be 10 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) with baby #2! I have been active on MFP for several years and have a wonderful support group on here who I plan to stick with throughout and after my pregnancy, but I really wanted to join in with you lovely ladies as well since we have something in common! :)

Before becoming pregnant, I was exercising pretty much every day, running a few miles and then usually doing Jillian Michael's workouts (I had good results doing her workouts). The past few weeks now I have been doing less and less since I feel nauseous all evening long (feel pretty good throughout the day!) I'm also extremely tired, pretty much all the time. But I still try to run/jog when the weather is cool enough and have gotten the Lindsay Brin workouts which I do when I'm feeling up to it.

Had my 10 week check-up today and was able to hear my munchkin's heart beat (around 170)! And everything else seems to be going really well. I go back October 11th for my next check up.

Yay! Happy to join you gals and get to know each of you!! Anyone else have a baby due in April?
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!

:flowerforyou: Sorry to hear you are having a rough time!
    I'm right there with you! I planned to zumba last night, but decided to stay home and had to really kick my butt to put in my quick workout dvd. I HAVE to snack all day just to keep the nausea away, whether I'm hungry or not. Last night was an other sleepless night, filled with uncomfortable tossing and turning and bathroom trips. I feel SO sorry for my hubs. I knew this wasn't going to be an easy adjustment, I just didn't expect to be SO uncomfortable this soon. I can only imagine what it will be like for the next 7.5 month. :frown:

I was thinking about just making a small goal to move (even if it is just a walk) once, or a few times, a week. Small goals may help to keep my expectations lower at least for the 1st tri... ((HUGS))
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Hi gals! I'm been lurking around here lately and reading posts and am ready to join you!

A little about me...

My name is Kristin. I am a mother to a beautiful two-year-old girl, I work full-time, have a wonderful husband and am super excited to be 10 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) with baby #2! I have been active on MFP for several years and have a wonderful support group on here who I plan to stick with throughout and after my pregnancy, but I really wanted to join in with you lovely ladies as well since we have something in common! :)

Before becoming pregnant, I was exercising pretty much every day, running a few miles and then usually doing Jillian Michael's workouts (I had good results doing her workouts). The past few weeks now I have been doing less and less since I feel nauseous all evening long (feel pretty good throughout the day!) I'm also extremely tired, pretty much all the time. But I still try to run/jog when the weather is cool enough and have gotten the Lindsay Brin workouts which I do when I'm feeling up to it.

Had my 10 week check-up today and was able to hear my munchkin's heart beat (around 170)! And everything else seems to be going really well. I go back October 11th for my next check up.

Yay! Happy to join you gals and get to know each of you!! Anyone else have a baby due in April?

Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
    I haven't been in to my Doc yet, but my DD is May 6th. Not April, but close! :laugh:
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My first doctor's visit was today, everything went well. There was a little baby in there and everything, I could see it on screen and see and hear the heartbeat - sounded nice and strong, 140 beats. They dated the pregnancy at 7 weeks based on the baby's size. We are so thrilled and relieved.

Kristin, how are you liking the Lindsay Brin DVDs? I bought some at Target but haven't used them yet.
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Kristy- there is nothing with being frugal when you have the time....allows me to spend $$ where I know we'll really need it. Diapers and Formula!!

Misti- Girl, sounds like you have enough energy for all of us, LOL!! I'm glad that you're over the hump but we'll be right behind you soon :wink: I love hte idea of going shopping when you get your U/S!! Anything you have your eye on yet?? So much cute stuff out there!

Kristenbee- Welcome and feel free to jump right in! Take it slow and sleep as much as possible (when possible)

Kcurtis- Hope you feel better soon...I think we're all right there within the first tri and ready to move into Tri #2!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey Mamas. Busy day so I'll keep it short (for once).

I have done nothing to prepare for baby as far as "stuff" goes. Nursery is still storing unhung pictures and random furniture and we haven't started looking at anything yet. A few of my friends have bought us baby clothes, but we haven't done much. The basement will be done soon and then we'll get the nursery painted.

I agree it is important to listen to our bodies and rest as needed. I have felt like a lazy *kitten* more than enough, but if my body says stop, I need to respect it. So good for us for at least making the effort! I was proud of myself last night. Did some light lifting, kettle bells, and lunges in the new gym and then too my furbaby for a walk. I'm a little sore today and it feels good.

Short week for me! Parnets are coming in town Thursday night so I'll take Friday off.

Oh, and my husband is awesome too. He does sweet stuff for me all the time. :heart:
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Hi there!
    Just a quick check in (procrastinating at work).
    Doing well here. Snacking all day to keep the nausea away. LOL Tried a prenatal workout DVD last night. It really kinda kicked my butt! I think I will try to get it in atleast once a week, then zumba once or twice a week, and walking every night I don't get to either of them. I can't wait to get in to the doc's! It seems like the 28th is SO far away! And the few people I have shared our news with is asking if we are having twins. I would love it. We do have some in the family and with the use of clomid I guess there is a slightly increased chance.
    One of my friends just had a baby girl and she only weighs 4lbs 15oz and she was full term. I think officially due this Saturday. That's just crazy to me!

Hope everyone is have a great week so far.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My first doctor's visit was today, everything went well. There was a little baby in there and everything, I could see it on screen and see and hear the heartbeat - sounded nice and strong, 140 beats. They dated the pregnancy at 7 weeks based on the baby's size. We are so thrilled and relieved.

Kristin, how are you liking the Lindsay Brin DVDs? I bought some at Target but haven't used them yet.

Madbabysmomma...I do like them. It's hard because I'm so used to doing more intense workouts, but they are good. Get me sweating a little. I also bought her yoga workouts online and love those...they are very relaxing!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    kristinbee - Welcome!!! And Congrats!!!

Madbabysmama - So glad your appt. went well!!!! I just love hearing the hb. It's so exciting!!!!

Babeed854 - Nothing picked out yet! I'm sure it won't take me long once I find out the sex though. :) I did find the crib and matching changing table I want. It's nice and only 200.00 at Walmart. Definately wishing I would have kept all my baby stuff now though!!! I would have been totally set even with all the extra's at my moms. :(. Oh well, that was 7 years ago, so they got cuter, nicer stuff out now. Plus, if I do get lucky and have a girl, I must go all pink. ;)