Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...ok so I finally found out exactly how far along I am. I am 8 wks. Due April 13. Dang I jumped on my scale & looks like I gained 3#. Ugh! How in the world when I feel I don't eat that much and throwing up some of the foods my stomach is not agreeing with.

Holly- wow still running doing 4 miles. I admire that! On the 7th is my bday. I hope baby comes out on her/his own.

I need to ask ny ON exactly hoe much cals I should be consuming. I don't wanna gain much on top of my weight.

Have a great holiday ladies
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hmm Im barely pregnant, already am over eating and feel bloated grrrr what gives. Frusteration station.

Don't stress Tara! I was soooo bloated in the beginning too I read that your digestive system slows right down...you're doing awesome with all you're running and you eat really well most of the time, don't be too hard on yourself...now I'm going to go actually practice what I preach lol :wink:
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hmm Im barely pregnant, already am over eating and feel bloated grrrr what gives. Frusteration station.

I feel your pain :frown: I'm just over 7 weeks pg and I've put on 4lb already :ohwell:

Hello everyone - I have my MW appt tomorrow afternoon, hoping for an early scan, I'm really impatient.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ashley congratulations!! Girls are SOOOO fun to buy and decorate for! I've had an absolute blast and can't wait to meet my little princess!

Atomdraco isn't that feeling the coolest?! It only gets better! :)

To the rest of the ladies I hope all is well and you are having a wonderful weekend!

The past two days have been ABSOLUTELY gorgeous outside! I mean I've got the windows open, a cool, crisp breeze blowing through the house and everything! I absolutely LOVE Fall and it looks like it has finally made its way here! I've got lots of hikes planned for this week. We have our last Bradley class this morning or else I would go now....maybe when we get back if I can't talk to the hubby into it! ;) I truly can't believe it is already September...The time has seriously flown. Everyone said that the last trimester would go by super slow, but I think I've managed to keep myself so busy that it is just flying by (which of course is wonderful in terms of meeting Charlee!).

Our couple baby shower/party is this Saturday! I'm pretty excited. We've been doing all the last minute things to get ready for it. Instead of a cake we ordered these gourmet cupcakes from the cupcakery in the city. They were featured on "Cupcake Wars" and just got back from the VMA's so...they are kinda big deal and OMG SOOOOO delicious! I am also doing this really cool idea for a wish tree. It looks like this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76685409/baby-shower-wish-tree-tags-ivory-owls?ga_search_query=babyshower&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5564038

And all the guest write a wish for the baby and hang it on the branches of the tree. And then we save the wishes so when she gets older she can read them. I thought it was a really cool idea and super cute for decorations!

Lexi I hope all is well and you and baby are doing good! We miss you!

Holly I hope you are doing good as well. Keep us updated! I think about you daily.

You too Amy! Between the three of you somebody is bound to have their baby any day now! Hope you are still enjoying your vacation!

I'm thinking we need another fitness challenge! Everyone write out their goals for the week...and stick to them! :)

My goals:
    -at least 60 mins of cardio 4 days the rest of the week
    -at least 45 mins of toning/strength training/yoga 4 days the rest of the week
    -do my stretches (squats, pelvic rocks) every day
    -NO eating out the rest of the week

I hope you all had/are having a wonderful holiday weekend! Take care of yourself and those babies! Stay healthy my friends!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I will set my goals now:

Get in 30-60 min cardio every day this week (even if just walking)
    Try prenatal yoga DVD and/or Lindsay Brin DVD 1 time this week
    Add a salad or extra veggie to dinner

I'll be eating out a lot of meals later this week - some business meetings and then sightseeing in Chicago with my family - so will have some challenges to eat healthy, stay reasonable, and log my calories.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ashley - Congrats on having a girl!!! They are so much fun to dress!!!

Holly - I hope that this little one will come on out!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Finally get hubby to start cleaning the unused spare room upstairs. Our son is helping because he wanted that room to be his new bedroom. I'll try to measure the windows, and we'll get nice curtain up so he can move to the new room. Need to set up a baby room before I get too tired in 3 months.

For me, it's a laundry and cleaning day.

4gtnm5.png
  • BelgianLady
    Options
    Great idea heathercrist1!

You ladies are setting impressive goals; well done and best wishes to you all.

I'm setting low goals because boy third trimester is starting and I can feel the difference in energy levels.

-do not exceed calories count and no junk carlories
    -limit weight gain this month without dieting, target 6 pounds this month (+14 pounds for trimester 2; 0 gain for trimester 1)
    -eat balanced and make sure I get enough calcium and protein
    -3x30 mins weekly light aerobic exercise such as walking
    -stay active through the day if possible

Congrats to all of us even for just trying!!!
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's September already! Why do the lovely months fly by and freezing months take forever?

So everyone, when did you REALLY start to look like you were pregnant? I'm 5 1/2 months, (25 weeks), and pretty much just still look like I ate a bit too much at my last meal! I'm starting to get a little concerned, as I was told the baby was smaller than average at my ultrasound, and I'm seeing friends around me who are due AFTER me- same body type, height, & pregnant with their first child also, and they really LOOK pregnant. Did anyone here not really start showing until around 6 months? Just trying to put my mind at ease, and since it's my first, I'm also really excited to get into all these cute maternity clothes I've had in my closet for months! :tongue: ~Khrys
  • paulandrea
    Options
    hi kris! i'm 15 weeks and i don't even look pregnant, i have not gained weight and all my close still fit perfect.
    everybody said every pregnancy is different so and holding on that and just trying to put good energy in my baby and body.
    i have my next app. tomorow so and exited to see how my baby is doing.
    gook luck and dont worry to much.
  • paulandrea
    Options
    hello ladies
    i pregnant with my firts baby, i'm 15 weeks now and so happy but so afraid and with a lot of questions.
    please add me as a friend. thanks
  • paulandrea
    Options
    how can i get the pregnancy sticker ???
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Khrys - I didn't start showing till around 30 weeks, and people thought I was having a December baby... feels like I caught up though, since I feel HUGE right now - I am growing so fast that I am running out of clothes... Still wearing nonmaternity shorts with a bella band but the past week they started getting a little tight, so now I am in the "I am too close to buy more maternity clothes" predicament *sigh* but on the bright side, I didnt really spend too much money on maternity clothes. I am also 5'8.

Holly, I am putting my money on YOU delivering first. LOL.. It's a toss up between me and Amy!

Tomorrow I plan on doing a total of 3 miles, walk/jog. I have still been working out 4-5 days a week but haven't been on MFP because I have been so busy with school, but front loading is over so from here on out, we only have class for about 3.5 hrs 2x a week, then one 12 hr clinical. I start my clinical rotation in the ICU on Wednesday!

I am at 2cm right now, lots of braxton hicks, mild spotting (little brown dots) today... My NP told me last friday that if I don't deliver by friday she is scheduling an induction a couple weeks out... :( oh yea she changed my due date to the 12th again (5th time my due date has been changed OMG) because she said my 2 ultrasounds at 12 and 20 weeks are closer together (12th and 14th EDD) than my last period due date (20th) and since I literally only had one cycle after being on birth control before I got pregnant it was possible that my ovulation wasn't at day 14... BLAH!!! I hope DJ comes before the induction date because I do NOTTTT want to be railroaded into several interventions :(

This weekend hubby flew in for labor day weekend so that was nice, spent lots of time with the fam!

I seriously feel like my stomach just POPPED out I have to put a picture up lol. Waiting game for now, pray that he comes soon!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Finally get hubby to start cleaning the unused spare room upstairs. Our son is helping because he wanted that room to be his new bedroom. I'll try to measure the windows, and we'll get nice curtain up so he can move to the new room. Need to set up a baby room before I get too tired in 3 months.

Apparently hubby is very protective which he never show verbally or otherwise. I told him I'll help him move the old tv stand from the spare room downstairs (garbage). But, he silently moved it down all by himself without letting me know.

4gtnm5.png
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Lexi - You're so close, hang in there, you CAN do it!!

Paulandrea - Welcome!! You will look prego soon enough!!

Mundy86 - Welcome & Congrats!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Pauleandra- welcome ;-)

Goal: get back to doing cardio 3-4 x a week, strength 2-3 x a week. Eat fruits and vegggies daily.

Hope everyone having a great labor day. Hubby took our 2 our 2 boys to the beach...its too hot for me so I'm home catching up with laundry.
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I guess I should set weekly goals now. Seems more realistic.. pardon the details. Maybe I need to write it down so I can be accountable. My week was kinda messed up because of the holiday so only going 3 days (but I would think walking around for 12 hrs at the hospital would somewhat count) but here goes..

6 Sept (tue) - 3 mile walk/jog intervals on incline
    7 Sept (wed) - off, 12 hr clinical
    thurs - 3 mile walk/jog + lower body weights + arms/back
    friday- 2 mile walk/jog in AM before dr appt.
    sat - off
    sunday - off
  • Mundy86
    Mundy86 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Apparently hubby is very protective which he never show verbally or otherwise. I told him I'll help him move the old tv stand from the spare room downstairs (garbage). But, he silently moved it down all by himself without letting me know.

I'm only 6 weeks and my husband is doing the same thing. I can't move anything heavy and I had to beg him to let me ride my dirt bike for the last time of the season this next weekend. Yes I know I'm pregnant and will take it a lot easier then I normally would. Plus we are going to the easiest riding spot that we go to its basically old logging roads so nothing rough.

During exercising I have noticed my hips/groin muscles fell like they are being pulled. Can they really start to change this early?
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Morning to all my FIT and FABULOUS mama's to be!

Lexi I'm so glad that you got through the front loading of school. I knew you were worried you might go into labor during that time and it would have made things harder. Also so happy for you that you got to spend some time with your husband. Is he going to be able to fly down when you go into labor? Oh I hope so! But I know in this situation you are just doing the best you have with what you've got. Way to go on your goals and keeping up with your workouts. Your pic is super cute! Keep us updated on everything.

I'm not one to let anyone tell me what I can and can not do! lol! That has been one of my biggest pet peeves during pregnancy. I am pregnant, not an invalid! I do almost everything I did before pregnancy, to include mowing the huge lawn (I just drink more water and take a break here and there), carry groceries, do heavy cleaning...etc. If I need help with something I will ask, but otherwise "I've got this" has been my mantra and everyone around me knows better than to treat me like I'm incapable. I'm young, healthy, and very active and fit....just cause there is a baby in me doesn't mean I need someone to dote on me. That just bugs me...but that's just me.

Well I love all of your fitness/health goals ladies! I know it is a short week...but keep up the awesome work! The plan for today is to go for an hour hike with my four legged child and then go over to my friend's house and do an hour toning (Tracy Anderson Method).
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Had a nice long weekend but could have used an extra day. We got a lot done in the basement. I painted trim for hours on Sunday and I am a painting machine! We also finally got the rest of our stuff out of storage so the basement is actually starting to look like a living space now. All that's left is doorknobs, assembling a table, moving furntirue back against the walls, getting a few more things from bro-in-law's house, setting up the office, and getting a treadmill for the gym. It is a relief to have that project almost out of the way. Evevry spare moment it seems has been dedicated to finishing the basement. It looks great though. Next up is nursery. But we have time on that so maybe we'll take a little hiatus from home improvements. Not to mention our next 4 weekends are booked.

So as I said on Friday, we foudn out we're having a girl! The ultrasound was so neat. I can't believe how much she is moving! She literally barely quit the whole time. I was also amazed by the technology - how all the measuring can give percentiles, etc. She is 31 percentil in size which makes sense. I'm 5'2" and my husband is 5'7" and he is the tallest in a family of 12. My side doesn't have much height either. As of Friday she was 7.5-8" long and 10 ounces, "about the size of a porter house steak" as my dr. put it. Althoguh I'm sure she's grown since then. It was truly amazing and now it really is starting to seem real. When I first saw the image of her I said, "there really is a baby in there".

While I didn't work out at all (other than walking to the coffee shop Saturday), I did stay very active working in the basement and cleaning up around the house and doing small handy projects over the weekend. (Heather I'm with you on the I've got this mentality). I ate relatively well over the weekend too and my weight gain as of Thursday was 6 pounds total so I'm happy with that. I'm actually a little surprised b/c my workouts are probably about 30-40% of what they used to be. But I feel like I'm eating better and obviously drinking less which saves tons of calories. I still would like to be doing a little more on teh workout front, not necessarily to hinder weight gain, but just to keep me in shape and able to bounce back quick after baby comes so this week these are my goals:

45 minutes of strength
    Swim 1 mile
    run/walk 35 minutes
    2 walks

I'll do my best. It is a 4 day week and I have a party Friday right after work, and girls nigth Thursday.

Welcome to all the new ladies and those of you about to pop, hope you're feeling good and those babies come soon! How exciting. Hope you all have a great week!

-Ashley