Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    H_82: I had those too in the beginning. I would roll over or move a certain way and I would get a sharp short lived pain unusually on my right side. As you get bigger those ligaments stretch and are supporting a lot more weight. Very normal but still mention it to your doctor next time you see them. I've read you sometimes get them again in your 3rd trimester.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congrats Holly!!!! So excited for you!

I plan on breastfeeding, if possible. I got breast implants July of last year and am hoping they don't interfere. I don't think they will, but I have read that they can sometimes limit your milk supply. If that's the case then I will supplement with formula if I have to, but I really want to nurse.
    It's funny you bring up the diaper issue because Eric just asked me last night if I would be interested in using cloth diapers. That's a big fat NO for me. I know I won't be up for washing multiple diapers on a daily basis. We'll be sticking to disposables. So much easier and convenient. Kudos to those of you that are planning on using cloth though. lol
    I didn't work out last night. I feel bad about it, but man, I felt pretty lousy all afternoon and evening. I grazed on food all night and didn't eat a real dinner. I told Eric we're going to the gym tonight though, no excuses.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Holly! Sorry things were rough and hoping for a speedy recovery.

I must admit, most of the sushi I've eaten in the past few months has been non-raw-fish. I really love the rainbow rolls, but haven't had as much desire for them lately. And I only get it less than once a month.

Better_Balance - I went swimming yesterday, too. Got in 25 minutes before pool closed (dang schedule balancing act!) and it was only 13 or 14 laps (50 yard laps). I feel like such a wimp, especially since I was so tired the rest of the day!

Had a NST and U/S yesterday. Baby is estimated at 7 pounds now!:noway: But the doctor assured me it could be off by 1.5 pounds, so he might only be 5 1/2. Or 8 1/2 .... I'm ready to have this baby already!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Nkster - all I can say is WOW!

Dmcohee- LOL, we've picked out all the boy stuff ourselves and that may be part of my problem is that I've allowed myself to get excited about having a boy and now the reality of it possibly not being one is really hard on me. I need to look at some cute girl stuff and do my best to cope with either or. Thanks :ohwell:

Heathercrist- Thank you. Your support and response(s) have helped me tremendously. It has also reassured me that it doesn't matter how insignificant/private you think something is- sharing and having support is the best thing ever!!

Misti- Never really though about a different perspective. Then again we never really talked about having a 2nd baby? So you are absolutely correct!! As far as a baby shower, I would say about 8 weeks out would be good. My nephew was born on the 1st, while we were on vacation and he's 5 weeks early. He's a tiny premee and will be attending his own babyshower this weekend! :laugh: Love him to pieces

H_82 - Core banking....I've been researching it and I've gotten some literature in the mail. I'm not sure about it? I dont' think I know enough to make a good decision!

Smilegirl- Conrats on Ellie Olivia! What a blessing and a joy. Hope you feel better soon and be sure to post a pic or two once you get enough energy! ((hugs))

Better Balance- Girl, I can't even walk 10 minutes withough sitting down much less swim 3/4 of a mile!! Good for you!! You are an inspiration to the rest of us!!

Thanks to everyone for all your responses! You ladies are the best! :flowerforyou:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Short note to let you know Ellie Olivia arrived at 1813 on 7 Sept. She weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces and measured 21.5 inches. I am in love!! We had a rough go during labor and after three de-cells (pretty sure that's not correct spelling) my doctor felt it was in Ellie's best interest to be delivered via c-section, Happy to report she is healthy and doing great, beautiful too! I am feeling a bit battered, but doing well too.

Also did a final weigh in before heading to the hospital - total gain 28 pounds. Didn't have the energy to read all the posts, but I am definitely breastfeeding.

More after I get home in another day or two.

Holly
    CONGRATS Holly!!!! Sorry to hear about the c-section, but glad everything turned out good!! Can't wait to see pics of the your precious little girl!!!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Congrats Holly! Can't wait to see a picture of sweet Ellie Olivia! Welcome to the world sweet baby! I'm sorry you had some obstacles during labor...but I know at the end of it all you got the best prize of all, a healthy, beautiful baby girl! (Seems like the season for lots of girls doesn't it? lol) Can't wait to hear all about everything! I hope you stick around this board until a few more of us have had our babies and then we will start a "Fit, Fabulous, and New Mommy" board. :) Take care of yourself and that sweet baby of yours.

belgianlady like I've said many times on the board...I don't just wake up with tons of energy to workout the way I do. I just as tired and fatigued as everyone else on this board! lol! But I know that after a good workout I will feel a million times better and it will give you MORE energy in the long run! Most days I have to MAKE myself workout...but I do it and I feel accomplished. You can too! :)

Nichole I've struggled with my weight during pregnancy as well. My weight gain has significantly slowed down at this point and I've not even gained any weight in the past 3 weeks even after continuing to eat when I'm hungry (and healthy and some not so healthy meals of course). My doctor did tell me that a lot of women who gain weight very quickly can taper off on the weight gain at the end of the pregnancy....so I'm hoping that is me. I'm looking at a 35ish pound gain as well and I feel like I am still very healthy. So don't be too hard on yourself. Oh and tell me all about the hypnobirthing class!

Kristy I have several friends that have implants that nursed just fine. Stay positive and I'm sure everything will workout just great.

babeed you are welcome. We are all so different, yet at the end of the day we all have doubts and fears and just want to be good moms. I have a good friend who was trying for a boy with her third pregnancy (she already had 2 beautiful sweet little girls) and she wanted to be a mommy of a boy and to give her husband a son....So she cried for days after the u/s said she was in fact having a girl. It took her a few weeks but she came to terms and by the time the baby was born the desire for a boy had faded away so much all she could see is her perfect little angel that had blessed her family.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Be healthy!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Babeed854 - I really won't matter what you prepare yourself for, when he/she gets here it won't matter. With my first one we were not able to find out what it was because I have mine at home. I had everyone convinced that it was a boy, because that is what I wanted. My Mom had bought all kinds of boy clothes & blankets and stuff, and MONTANA came out a beautiful baby girl!! At first I was dissapointed, but it only took seconds to get over it! You'll be fine!! God will give you guys what you need!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Holly-Congrats!! Nice to hear you are both ok, and healthy. Love to see a pix of your precious one.

Babeed-I am hoping for a girl, but it'll be ok if it's a boy. Best wishes.

Misti-I think that is a good idea of the baby shower since you & I and a cuple more mommies on here will be giving birth right after the holidays. My aunt is throwing a baby shower for my cuzn next weekend due 11/2011, but has been having complications since last month.
    I think it'll also give a chance to get baby things ready in advance. Luv it!

Heather-You're amazing! I've been walking a couple of days 20 mins at least and it helps me sleep better.

Mathjulz-Awesome, nice to hear the baby is doing great! I bet your counting down the days.

Trying to be more active on the board, love all the questions and topics that come up they're really helpful! :wink:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Holly! Welcome Ellie!

Sounds like it is a week of sneezing and irritating noses, no motivation to work, and some good workouts! Keep up the wonderful work ladies I'm right there with you! :wink:

I would like to do some more research on the cord blood banking.

Not much going on over here.... Feeling pretty normal for the most part. One thing I have noticed is that I HAVE to eat something every 2 hours, and if I don't I am starving! I'm enjoying this time while I can, and really crossing my fingers that morning sickness doesn't pay me a visit. (I can hope right?) My mom said that she didn't have any ms with all 3 of her pregnancies, but my sister said it would hit every night at 7pm. Everyone is different...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

Not much going on over here.... Feeling pretty normal for the most part. One thing I have noticed is that I HAVE to eat something every 2 hours, and if I don't I am starving! I'm enjoying this time while I can, and really crossing my fingers that morning sickness doesn't pay me a visit. (I can hope right?) My mom said that she didn't have any ms with all 3 of her pregnancies, but my sister said it would hit every night at 7pm. Everyone is different...

I have not been sick but maybe 2 or 3 times. And by sick I mean feeling slightly nauseous. Only once so bad I left work early. The reason I felt bad I believe was exhaustion. I did too much and didn't sleep enough. The rest of my pregnancy so far has been a breeze relatively speaking. My older sister on the other hand was sick with her first and is 10 weeks now and has been sick for several weeks to the point she can barely eat. She feels bad from about 2pm till she goes to bed. My Mom was hardly sick with either of us. So who knows. I feel very lucky I have felt so good. I also think eating regularly and also drinking a lot of water helps. I know I feel like crap if I'm dehydrated and correct me if I'm wrong, but being pregnant may incrase potential for dehydration. Good luck in staying non-sick!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Holly!! Congratulations! Welcome little Ellie Olivia!! :bigsmile: so exciting! Sorry to hear you had some trouble during labour but so happy to hear you have a healthy little baby girl! Amazing that you only gained 28 lbs! Good for you! Wishing you a speedy recovery and can't wait to see a pic of your beautiful baby girl! :flowerforyou:

I have an obgyn appointment this afternoon, I'm really excited - mostly just to book my next ultrasound! lol! Can't wait to find out what we're having! :happy: feeling a little weird that I have to carry pee around in my purse today to bring to my Doctor lol! But my sister told me to get used to it because I'll have to bring a sample to every appointment from here on in :laugh:

I didn't go to yoga last night like I had planned :frown: but it was 31 degrees Celsius when I got home from work and I was beyond HOT and tired...so my husband, my dog Sophie & I went for a 45 min walk when it cooled off later in the evening and it was really nice. It's supposed to be 31 again today...it seems we are getting our summer in the fall this year!

Happy Thursday everyone, hope you're all having a fantastic day!
  • taldie01
    Options
    Rayna what? I ve never had to carry pee around?!
  • Clare_McGhee
    Clare_McGhee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Short note to let you know Ellie Olivia arrived at 1813 on 7 Sept. She weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces and measured 21.5 inches. I am in love!! We had a rough go during labor and after three de-cells (pretty sure that's not correct spelling) my doctor felt it was in Ellie's best interest to be delivered via c-section, Happy to report she is healthy and doing great, beautiful too! I am feeling a bit battered, but doing well too.

Also did a final weigh in before heading to the hospital - total gain 28 pounds. Didn't have the energy to read all the posts, but I am definitely breastfeeding.

Holly

Congrats on your baby daughter, that's great news!!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Holly

CONGRATS HOLLY!!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ROUGH GO!!!! Glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy!!! Congrats also on 28lb gain. That's great!!!! Can't wait to see a pic or two. I love the name!!!! Ellie is on my list also. :smile:
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Rayna - why do you carry your pee with you? I usually give a urine sample first thing at the doctors office? Just curious, and assuming they want the first urine of the day??? Good Luck at your appt today!!!

Ashely - Your lucky to not have been sick. I wasn't at all well actually only for an hour one night with my first, this time was 4 -5 weeks of being completely nausiated. Hoping that little difference in pregnancy means a girl!!! LOL.

As far as flu shot - Not happening for me. I've never gotten on before and don't plan to now. I do get a slight flu every year, but the flu shot has so many side affects in so many people. I actually had a friend and a grandparent end up hospitalized after getting one, because they get so sick. So I'm just not going to take a chance.

Also on the sushi - never ate it, so I'm not going to start now. LOL

Haven't gotten a chance to get my yoga video done at all this week. Have been getting in a short walk in the morning and a longer walk in the afternoons. It's nice that it's finally cooling down. It actually makes me want to get out and do something. It's still in the 90's every day but it was 113-117 for 5 days straight and it was HOT!!!!

It's so exciting, baby's been super active lately. I can't wait until other people can feel it too!!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I have not been sick but maybe 2 or 3 times. And by sick I mean feeling slightly nauseous. Only once so bad I left work early. The reason I felt bad I believe was exhaustion. I did too much and didn't sleep enough. The rest of my pregnancy so far has been a breeze relatively speaking. My older sister on the other hand was sick with her first and is 10 weeks now and has been sick for several weeks to the point she can barely eat. She feels bad from about 2pm till she goes to bed. My Mom was hardly sick with either of us. So who knows. I feel very lucky I have felt so good. I also think eating regularly and also drinking a lot of water helps. I know I feel like crap if I'm dehydrated and correct me if I'm wrong, but being pregnant may incrase potential for dehydration. Good luck in staying non-sick!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
  • nkster781
    Options
    Nkster - all I can say is WOW!

Wow on the weight gain or the Hypnobirthing class? Or both:laugh:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Rayna what? I ve never had to carry pee around?!

Yeah, what? :-) I usually provide it @ the office.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else (or have you) had constant headaches all day long for days on end? I'm sure it's just the hormones...but I'm not usually a headache gal. I feel like I'm going to have to start poppin' tylenol like candy! So far, I've only taken 2 tylenol 2 times (different days)......
  • nkster781
    Options

Nichole I've struggled with my weight during pregnancy as well. My weight gain has significantly slowed down at this point and I've not even gained any weight in the past 3 weeks even after continuing to eat when I'm hungry (and healthy and some not so healthy meals of course). My doctor did tell me that a lot of women who gain weight very quickly can taper off on the weight gain at the end of the pregnancy....so I'm hoping that is me. I'm looking at a 35ish pound gain as well and I feel like I am still very healthy. So don't be too hard on yourself. Oh and tell me all about the hypnobirthing class!

I will definitley update you all about the class tomorrow. I'm really interested to see what it's all about. There will be 5 other couples. So I'm really excited to meet other couples wanting to birth naturally as well.

Even though I've gained more weight then I've wanted to, I've a had a lot of people tell me that I look great and small for how far along I am which makes me feel so good. The weight is mostly in my trouble zones: butt and thighs! and of course boobs and belly for baby, haha. I think logging my food for a while will help me slow it down and see what changes I can make. I'm not going to stress. I'm just going to reevaluate and adjust as needed. Most importantly have a healthy baby girl!

I definitely plan on breast feeding. Hopefully I will be the same as my mom. She had to wear little cups to catch all the milk that leaked out all day. She never had a problem.

I'm thinking no for cord blood banking. The storage is $$$. "At a commercial cord-blood bank, you'll pay approximately $1,000-$2,000 to store a sample of cord blood, in addition to an approximately $100 yearly maintenance fee. " http://kidshealth.org/parent/_cancer_center/treatment/cord_blood.html#

Not sure about donating... Any opinions on this?