if you know your going to go over-do you log?

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Of course. I need to be honest with myself and my friends. Sneaking food is what got me here.

:flowerforyou:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always log everything. It helps me know how much harder I haveto work the next couple of days to try and balance things out!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely log all the time.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I log everything. It's funny though, I always go through this internal debate like "meh, it's a potluck dinner and I'm not going to be able to find things on the database and I'm only taking a taste of everything so it's no big deal". Then about 2 hours later, I pull out my cell phone and create a draft text to myself with everything I ate so I can log it in the next time I get to a computer. Silly....

It's not always easy but do the best you can with guesstimating or find something comparable in the database.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    I logged the whole d@mn large pizza I ate between 5pm-10pm. That hurt! But in my defense I was outside doing yardwork almost the whole time.
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I log everything! The way I see it, if I don't log everything then I'm just lying to myself & setting myself up for "failure". I want to change bad habits and unhealthy lifestyle, seeing it in black & white makes me see not only what has to be changed but successes too!!
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    In the past, I wouldn't, but I found it made one bad day turn into a week or longer. So now I go ahead and log it. It keeps me in the habit and makes me stop and think about how often I really want to do that.
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I log everything. My motto is, "you bite it, you write it!" Keeps me honest and sometimes it helps me make better choices.

I love this! Great motto!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My motto: If I don't log it, the calories don't count.
  • lmc1015
    Options
    Yes - you should log it! Accountability is not just for the days you stay within your nutritional ranges, otherwise there would be no weight gain in the first place right? It's how far off the mark, and how often that makes the difference. At the very least you will have an idea of how "over" you went and thus how much exercise you may need to do to make up for the calories :)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    actually no I don't....if I am going to indulge and have fun I use that as a break from logging as well!
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    I log no matter what. Yesterday was a painfully bad diet day, but I logged anyhow. It just made me more aware of how diligent I needed to be for the rest of the week!

Enjoy your fun day!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    By not logging you are providing yourself even more incentive to fall off the wagon....like it's all around 'easier' because you don't have to watch what you eat or think about logging....well that then can become a habit, since it's just easier that way. I would keep up the logging just to keep up with good habits, myself.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I log everything unless im at a party and just cant rememeber what I ate or drank lol but then I will but what I can remember in and I add a lil more as well.

There is no point not loggin the bad as well as the good as then you cant see an acurate reading
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone who has said that EVERYTHING must be logged so that you have to face what you've eaten. In fact, if there was ever a day when it was OK NOT to log, it would be a day when you know you're under cals and have eaten super healthy. I learn the most from logging those days when I made terrible choices. Sure, logging good days makes me feel good, but that's not what this is about!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!I log everything. No reason to lie to yourself and it's good to know what you put in your mouth.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't been here that long, but have logged everything, each day..............the rare time when I might sneak something in after I've "completed" my log, I might not add............but I DO know that it makes a difference.

I like knowing what my patterns are - what I CAN eat and shouldnt' eat, what might trigger a bad day versus a good one. I know, also, that there will be days of celebrating or other times when I'll go over.......and that's okay.

Hey, it took me a LONG time to get to this weight - and any positive changes I'm making are a GOOD thing.....so why stress over having a high-calorie day once in a while???
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    your body keeps a perfect log, regardless of what you write down. best to stop kidding ourselves and really look at what we eat - ESPECIALLY on "bad" days.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Log it log it log it.

Logging everything keeps me honest and keeps me aware. I went over yesterday - not by much, but I find it better to feed the the menstrual monster than ignore it. I ate the chocolate. It was 73% dark chocolate with almonds so it was overall sort of healthy. And more importantly I actually had one serving instead of half the bar or the whole bar.

I plan on taking a month's log to a nutritionist to make sure I'm on track in that regard and if I can't be honest with her what I'm putting into my body it will be a waste of my and her time.

I even log my condiments. LOL
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i log it all... somedays it hurts lol but if i know i am going over a day i try to "save" ahundred or so cals from the previous day. makes me work for it a little