Options
12346»

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Here is the link for October's thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357389-fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-october

I am on a diet vacation this weekend to get myself ready for a weight loss contest at work starting Monday. Just logging in and sort of posting, so my days don't restart.

Jeannie
  • smv123abc
    smv123abc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new, just started! But what I see is that you are all young ladies! I'm 59 and post menopausal! 5'2 and 152 pounds! Trying to lose some weight to look better and keep all those pesky bad health problems at bay! I am defiantly and unfortunately "apple shaped!" It seems like all clothes are made for pear shaped! But, excited about the prospect of exercising and losing a few pounds!! It is encouraging to see all of you doing it! I know it will be a bit harder for me because of age and stage in life, but not impossible. Will keep reading all of your encouraging stories! Wishing you all well! Be sure to share your favorite things to eat that make this easier to live with!
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm new, just started! But what I see is that you are all young ladies! I'm 59 and post menopausal! 5'2 and 152 pounds! Trying to lose some weight to look better and keep all those pesky bad health problems at bay! I am defiantly and unfortunately "apple shaped!" It seems like all clothes are made for pear shaped! But, excited about the prospect of exercising and losing a few pounds!! It is encouraging to see all of you doing it! I know it will be a bit harder for me because of age and stage in life, but not impossible. Will keep reading all of your encouraging stories! Wishing you all well! Be sure to share your favorite things to eat that make this easier to live with!

Good for you. I am 45 and 5'3 I am also apple shaped.... I always say I gain weight like a man does -- in the mid section. I do like how supportive MFP folks have been. I would like to send a friend request to you.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelle and smv123abc,

Welcome and here is the link to the thread for October..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357389-fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-october

MFP is a great place and you will find a lot of support here. Life style changes are hard at any age, gender or stature. Posting seems to help all of us. You will find support for your troubles and a lot of good tips on how get changes to stick.

Jeannie
  • jewels68
    Options
    I guess this is the place for me. LOL 43 years old and 5'2"... Needing all the help I can get to get the last 40ish pounds off. At my high I was 278 pounds. Not good at 5'2"...

Forgot to add. I started this weighloss journey back in 2008 after seeing my picture in my girlfriends scrapbook. I started with WW and then had Lapband surgery in Nov. 2008. At first it seemed easy to lose weight. Now as I've gone back to bad eating habits some of the weight came back on. I tried to blame starting a new job on the first 10 lbs and then breaking my foot on another 8 lbs. But it was me that was eating the crap. Just cleared to start working out again. Joined a 10 lb challenge starting today. I went all out the last few days getting ready and now need to lose 11 lbs. I can do this. :smile:
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes, jewels68, you can do it! You have a great attitude and you know what you have to do. One day at a time, one pound at a time.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options