Fit For Future Families - September 2011

Options

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    So I just watched the most hilarious show - called 2 Broke Girls - it's super funny!
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    AlisaToth - Oh my gosh, CONGRATS!!! Such amazing news!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I got my BFP!!! Only 3 weeks after my m/c, I didn't think it was possible. I hopefully won't be back, I've already lost 2 and I'm determined to keep this one! I feel really good about this LO though, so hopefully that means it's here to stay for the next 20 or so years. :)
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Two BFP's, that's so exciting! Many congratulations Alisa and Smores
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    So, just a quick update.....I got my lab results back today! My progesterone level was at 28! Which confirms ovulation! I was at the DMV when i found this out,....so I ran a few more errands and ran by walgreens to buy a test. I went ahead and splurged on a digital one so that there was no confusion...and BFP!!!!!!

I just went to the Dr. office to have them confirm it and get all to have and did a test for them to confirm and get all my initial bloodwork set up.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to tell my husband bc it's out 18month anniversary but i'm a TERRIBLE secret keeper so i drove up to his work and told him :-)

I love all of you ladies and wish nothing but the best for you all! Hopefully you will ALL be off of this board sooooon!! But don't worry....I'll be creeping!! <3<3<3<3 ***BABYDUST****

Alisa!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGS* So happy for you!!!! That's more than awesome!!! Congratulations!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I got my BFP!!! Only 3 weeks after my m/c, I didn't think it was possible. I hopefully won't be back, I've already lost 2 and I'm determined to keep this one! I feel really good about this LO though, so hopefully that means it's here to stay for the next 20 or so years. :)

Congrats Smores :) So happy for you!!!
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hı Everyone
    Have been away on holıdays (stıll am but fınally got access to ınternet)--
    Yay to BFPs!! So excıtıng. Bıg congratulatıons!!

Because we havent been home I havent been able to get to the Dr to get blood work done. I am one week away from AF comıng so wıll waıt and see what thıs month brıngs and hope to get to the Dr when I am back home ıf there ıs no BFP ın my lıfe thıs month.

Havent been able to meet my goals over the last week-- no ınternet has meant no loggıng. Food has been all over the place and I havent been drınkıng enough water eıther-- nor exercısıng... yıkes. I guess that ıs what a holıday does.

Cant waıt to be back and catch up on how everyone ıs doıng
  • jalara
    Options
    I somehow missed Alisa's announcement on here but caught it on the preggo board. Even thoush I said it last night, Alisa - congratulations!!!

Smores - I am so happy for you! I hope this one sticks for you. Hugs to you!!!!!!!11
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats Smores and Alisa! Smores i will be praying that it sticks!

I have such a hard time catching up with everyone! It seems like you all post over night and when I can't get to a computer! I tested today and it was BFN but I am encouraged by Smores BFP since she had a few BFN's before that. Since I am not positive about my scheduel it could have been 4 days before AF or 8+ days. I wasn't too bummed but hubby is all worried that he's infertile or something like that. I'm gonna try and push myself not to test again until we get back from CA and the upside if I don't get a BFP is i can finally take the meds for my infection which would probably allow for a more healthy pregnancy anyway. Good luck to you all!
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So excited for the BFP news!! Congrats ladies!! Praying for great pregnancies for you both.

AFM - I tested this morning. I couldn't wait anymore. It was BFN and I'm bummed. We haven't officially started TTC and I'm not exactly regular - so I feel a little silly.....but i guess I was just hoping!!

So now I just want TOM to get here so that I can start charting my temperature and start moving on to the next month. (Got to admit....until I see the red, I still have high hopes that maybe this is it!!!)
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay Smores18! So happy for you!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Gonna be flying tomorrow and I'm super congested. When I fly like this I feel like my brain is going to explode but I don't want to take any decongestiants just in case my BFN should have been a BFP. Any ideas of ways to make traveling a little more comfortable?
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Smores that's so great! Congrats! Praying for you and Alisa as well!

Good luck traveling Emily, unfortunately I don't have any great suggestions for you. I have a friend who swears by the Neti Pot -not sure how familiar you are with that. I know it's all natural, but I've never tried it.

I forgot to congratulate Jalara on your CD1 the other day! I saw your status on that and had to laugh and how funny celebrating that sort of thing must sound like to others (if they even know what you're referring to! :wink: )

AFM: My OBGYN office called yesterday afternoon and said the ultrasound looked normal. Which I guess is good, but it would have been nice to have a visible problem/solution to my irregularity. Good timing though because my appointment with the RE is this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a great week!
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First off, CONGRATULATIONS Alisa & Smores!! What wonderful news. :happy: Positive thoughts that everything goes well.

Well, I'm back from my trip home for my grandma's funeral. It was a long, emotionally draining week, but I'm so glad I could be there for my mom and spend some quality time with my whole family.

I've read through almost all of the 5 pages of posts since I left, but with my jet lag and just being so busy catching up after a week out of the office, I'm not sure I'm going to be a good replier today. Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm thinking about you.

I skipped weigh in yesterday since we were traveling, so hopped on the scale this morning. And I'm completely surprised by the results! After a week of completely being out of routine, not tracking and no exercise, I'm still down a smidge. The one thing I did do was drink a TON of water, though, so maybe I just flushed it all through my system! My main goal this week is to get back to the gym. I've missed my exercise endorphins!

MFP SW (March 2011): 211
    Calendar week 34: 173.8 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 35: 172.6 (-1.2)
    Calendar week 36: 172.2 (-0.4)
    Calendar week 37: 172.0 (-0.2)
    Calendar week 38: 171.2 (-0.8)

Nice to be back with y'all. Hope everyone has a good week.
    :flowerforyou: Stephanie
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Gonna be flying tomorrow and I'm super congested. When I fly like this I feel like my brain is going to explode but I don't want to take any decongestiants just in case my BFN should have been a BFP. Any ideas of ways to make traveling a little more comfortable?

I would say booze.....but that's not good idea!!! LOL

Yah to Alisa and S'mores....sooooo happy for you guys!!

Meggamix- I'm glad to hear you ultrasound was normal.....Wish you a great week as well!

sdavisneill- thinking of you and sending you *hugs*

AFM- Well I have a blood test and ultrasound on Thursday....Just want to get it over with....but i'm sure I'm fine and that the spontaneous M/C was cuz of all the stress my body underwent cuz of my teeth.

On a side note.....something for you guys to chuckle about......EmilyRanae and I keep going through the same stuff.....so weird....we get sick together, spontaneous M/C together.......same type of probs with friends, etc.....Its actually pretty funny! LOL even though we never met and live in different countries!! LOL I hugs you Emily.!!

Fun times on MFP!!! :) Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

wonderful news. congrats!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    So, just a quick update.....I got my lab results back today! My progesterone level was at 28! Which confirms ovulation! I was at the DMV when i found this out,....so I ran a few more errands and ran by walgreens to buy a test. I went ahead and splurged on a digital one so that there was no confusion...and BFP!!!!!!

that's awesome. happy for you!
  • jalara
    Options
    Emily - I love you positive outlook! And you can go ahead and take a decongestant - you don't share a bloodline with the baby until 6 weeks gestation (some research says 8). Until then they are nourished by the yolk sac.

Megga - glad the scan was normal, although I understand the frustration with not having any answers. Hopefully the RE and you can make a plan of some sort this afternoon - keep us posted :) And yeah - I wonder who knows what CD1 means and if they think I'm nuts - but on here I don't really mind.

Stephanie, I am so sorry for your loss. Great job on the water intake!

Pantera - hugs Hun, I hope you get some answers soon. And heck - maybe you and Emily are kindred spirits (like Anne and Dianne).

AFM - home from school with studying to do - nothing glorious here today :)
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Emily - I love you positive outlook! And you can go ahead and take a decongestant - you don't share a bloodline with the baby until 6 weeks gestation (some research says 8). Until then they are nourished by the yolk sac.

AFM - home from school with studying to do - nothing glorious here today :)

OMG thank you so much! It's so good to know that because I totally thought my head was going to burst last time I flew! good luck with school I can't wait to start classes back up!
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've known about this group for quite awhile now...I was on the pregnancy board for 6 fantastic weeks, then lost the baby at 10 weeks. That was in April. We were not trying for a baby at ALL at that time, it was a total oops, but I wanted it so bad and losing it has been awful. My fiance and I have been talking and he thinks that the time is perfect to start trying again. We are in a stable place financially, and our relationship is very solid. We have a six year old girl (she is his from a previous marriage, but I love her as my own) who is a doll and has been begging for a baby brother or sister for years now. I just started my last month of BC. I wasn't ready to jump right in, as I find myself totally scared out of my mind to get pregnant again. I really don't know how I would handle another MC. Anyway, here's my introduction and I CAN'T WAIT to get to know you all!

I'm Kacy...

Where you live: close to Chattanooga, TN
    Job: Inventory control
    Length of time on the board: 5 or so minutes!
    Marital Status: Engaged
    Length of time you've been with SO: 4 years
    Do you have kids: yes, 1 step-DD
    Length of time TTC: about to start
    Diagnosis: none, but have had 2 chemical pregnancies and one MC
    Do you chart your BBT: not yet
    Do you use OPKs: not yet
    Are you on any meds for TTC: no
    Height: 5' 8"
    Weight: 172
    Goal Weight: 150
    Strange fact about yourself: I LOVE yoga and can get into some pretty interesting (ie awkward!) poses.