Fit For Future Families - September 2011

Options

Replies

• thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    congrats kim, super exciting!!!

honey good work on your loss this week, and 4 inches off your waist is great!!!
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone.

Kim: Yay!! Congratulations.

Welcome to all the newbies. Sorry... i forgot to take notes and the only specific name I remember is Beth because um... well, that one is hard to forget. lol. :)

AFM: Goals last week went well except I couldn't make a doctor's appointment because apparently my insurance is suspended. So super. I have to wait until next Monday before it's reinstated. I went to the gym but my arthritis is acting up for some weird reason, so I mostly just used the treadmill. And I didn't weigh today. I think I am going to move my weigh days to Wednesdays because I never remember on Mondays.

Goals this week: Figure out the vehicle situation (our car is completely kaput apparently... not sure where to find an affordable used car I'm comfortable buying). Drink 72 oz of water a day. Make it to the gym at least three times but also take advantage of the lack of vehicle to walk a lot a lot. :) And... to not start random fights with my husband because I'm tired.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Kim- Oh my gosh!!!! So excited for you!!!!

Jalara- Hugs. There are so many questions and the unknown is always scary. Getting to know you over the past eight months I know you are a loving wife. Just because we have a harder time conceiving than others it doesn’t lower our value. What our husbands’ need is someone that loves them unconditionally. I sometimes start feeling like I’m useless because I having been able to get pregnant and I know this is when my husband gets hurt. At times I feel like this he says, “I love you unconditionally too, remember that was my vow to you.” I’m sorry you’re feeling down.

Mandy and Beth- Welcome!

Ali- Welcome! I’m so sorry about the M/C.

AFM- last week was horrible so plan on rolling over pretty much all my goals. Tonight I take my first dose of progesterone. Fair nervous. I’ve been very cramppy the last couple of days so I’m hoping that is a good sign and it is motivating me to start the pills. So 12 days of pills and then I’ll have to take a pregnancy test- hopefully it will be positive!
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Last Week Goals
    1. Start the progesterone- nope today is four days after O so I start tonight
    2. Temp and OT - CHECK
    3. BD according to tests/temps should get a +OT Thursday or Friday and BD for fun too- Check :o)
    4. continue to track food- OK but not the best
    5. go to the gym tues, thurs, sat - NOPE didn't at all
    6. Make good choices going out to lunch with coworkers and only get two sodas this week (knowing I'm going out for lunch there is no way I will be able to stick to one. I did good today and had a water)- NOPE
    7. Drink my water - OK but not the best

New Goals
    1. Start progesterone
    2. Track all food and meet calorie goal
    3. go to the gym (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday)
    4. Only two sodas all week (this will be hard!)
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Jalara- Love the baby bumbs! I was scared to look, not wanting to cry, but they were very cute :smile: Hopefully next year we can all send in pictures of our own!
  • MirandaSwafford
    MirandaSwafford Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ok girls...back to see my dr. tomorrow after my 20lbs lost.....a little nervous yet excited all at the same time...i am going to sit down and write down all the questions and concerns i have...that way i don't forget when i get there...I am considering trying clomid again? but then i think maybe i should try to lose some more weight before i do because i am still considered obese...any advice?
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Happy Monday!!

So I have some news that I can finally share with all of you...

I got my BFP last Monday!!!! Eeeekkk! We're so excited!

Congrats!!! That is definitely 2 happy Mondays! Hope to join you in the pregnancy forums soon. :flowerforyou: It's so nice to have some positive news on this forum once and a while!:smile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I got my BFP last Monday!!!! Eeeekkk! We're so excited! It was so hard not to say anything but my mom and sisters are on here and I didn't want them to see my posts before I told them in person. And i had to wait for my sister to come visit from GA. She just so happened to be coming up for a visit. I'm only 5weeks 2days, so I have to wait till the 28th until seeing my doc.

kim that is great! very happy for you.
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OMG this is exactly the group I need!! DH and I have been TTC (NTNP for part of the time and actively for part) since April. We lost a LO in March then lost another just over a week ago. It's been a rough haul for us. We are waiting to TTC again until my doctor visit on Sept 20 to try to figure out why I keep miscarrying. For some reason exercise helps me to cope with the losses and it makes me feel better about myself so I'm back on MFP actively again. I gained 60lbs when pregnant with my DD and a year later had only lost 10! Now I'm proud to say I'm down 30lbs from my pregnancy weight, but I still have a long ways to go. Here's my general info

Where you live: Wyoming, USA

Job: Student, working on my degree in Elementary Education

Length of time on the board: I've been on MFP since Jan, but just started using the forums this week

Marital Status: Married

Length of time you've been with SO: 3 years

Do you have kids: 20 month old DD

Length of time TTC: 5 months

Diagnosis: I'm assuming this means for fertility problems? We are currently trying to figure this out for sure but we think I may have low progesterone.

Do you chart your BBT: I haven't been charting much lately, but I plan on starting up again, my schedule is leveling out so I may start again in the AM. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/330d1f

Do you use OPKs: Yes

Are you on any meds for TTC: Not yet, may start progesterone supps after O once I talk with my doctor later this month

Height: 5' 4"

Weight: 175

Goal Weight: 130

Strange fact about yourself: I have a degree in music majoring on French Horn. It is my dream to teach in another country in a teacher exchange for a year or so.
  • lukimakamai
    Options
    Upcake- I think your plan of taking a list of questions and concerns is a good one. I know I often chicken out of asking my questions when I get to the dr. And when they are written out I feel obligated to ask. I know strange, but that's me

S'mores- welcome! I just started taking progesterone. And I mean just started, took my first dose 30 minutes ago :0)
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    S'mores- welcome! I just started taking progesterone. And I mean just started, took my first dose 30 minutes ago :0)

Thanks! I hope the progesterone works for you!! I'm a little nervous about the doctor visit. I got pregnant so easy with DD that I never thought I would be going through all this. Hopefully my doctor can help us figure things out, and hopefully losing weight will help too!
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this would be the right place for me... DH and I are planning to TTC next May and in the meantime I am doing my best to get in shape and track my cycles so I will be as ready as I can... so here's some more about me:

Where you live: Channel Islands Beach, California
    Job: Business Analyst
    Length of time on the board: Noob!
    Marital Status: Married :heart:
    Length of time you've been with SO: Met 21 years ago, started dating 7.5 years ago and married for 3 years now
    Do you have kids: Just our pup and two kitties so far
    Length of time TTC: Haven't started yet... May 2012
    Diagnosis: n/a
    Do you chart your BBT: Yes
    Do you use OPKs: Not yet
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Prenatal vitamins, nutrition, acupuncture and yoga to prepare for TTC
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 156.4lbs
    Goal Weight: 130lbs
    Strange fact about yourself: I am a gamer :glasses:
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Okay so, this is my first group. I have been debating joining it for two reasons 1. I'm not exactly sure how these things work and 2. I am trying to lose weight so I can ttc and I wasn't sure if this is the right place since I haven't started TTC yet , but I think that I am in the right place because I do want to start trying in May 2012. I wanted to start earlier but I'm going on Vacation In April and I was really trying to be married first. However, we are 99% (1% for the actual paper) stable for those who are old fashion :)

Where you live: Oceanside, California
    Job: Temp worker, Nursing Student
    Length of time on the board: New to boards
    Marital Status: Life partner, 8 years... I'm hoping to get that ring soon (LIKE SOON) and the wedding will come and go fast!
    Length of time you've been with SO: 8 years, on our 9th
    Do you have kids: We are fur parents to one dog and two kittes :)
    Length of time TTC: Haven't started yet... May 2012
    Diagnosis: n/a
    Do you chart your BBT: No
    Do you use OPKs: No need
    Are you on any meds for TTC: Prenatal vitamins, nutrition
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 185
    Goal Weight: 130lbs
    Strange fact about yourself: I like the smell of my dogs stinky ears :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! :-)
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I had poor internet access all weekend so I'm having a hard time catching up with you all.

Congrats Kim that's SOOOOOOOOO exciting!

To whomever said that google is a dangerous tool, I agree completely!

Jalara-I like your old technique of monotoring your cycle, that's pretty funny.

Kitty- Welcome! I miss the Channel Islands! I was station in Long Beach in 2006

Puggle-welcome! It's fun to get some fellow CA residents on here, I miss CA and can't wait to get back out there!

AFM-I had an awesome weekend, hubby and I entertained for the first time since we've been married and it went great! I also got to hang out with my buddies 1 year old son who is freakin adorable! It really made hubby and I want a baby even more and I'm sure our trip home at the end of the month will do the same. When we first started TTC I was a little apprehensive about putting back on all the weight that I just lost (yes I know it's worth it for a child, but I have never been this fit and it feels good) but now I'm all about getting a belly, and since I have lost weight that will hopefully mean I come out on the other side in better shape than I would have had I gotten pregnant 6 months ago.

A few questions for everyone: #1 have you discussed with your men what roles each of you will have when you do have kids? If so what did you come up with? If you do have kids already how has that all worked out for you? Did you follow through?
    #2 I am sure that Pantera and I aren't the only ones with debt or who had debt at the beginning of this all. What are you/have you done to get rid of your debt? and what things have you decided where unnecessary in order to get rid of debt?

have a great week everyone!

oh, and my goals are no fast food, drink 10 glasses of water a day and strech for 10 minutes a night (this one I'm real bad at!)
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I did not check in yesterday, and I'm at work right now, but just wanted to pop in quickly...

Kim -- congratulations!! SO happy for you!

Welcome to all the new ladies!

I am down another 1.8lb this week! I can now wear a good amount of my pre-prego jeans, so that is exciting. As for my goals for the last week...did not exactly get them all done. Pretty close, though.

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start! Will try to catch up one of these days...
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! See you all really soon! (BTW I'll be stalking :laugh: )
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! What a lot of activity just in the past day or so! I'll admit, I did have to take some notes today. :wink: I may actually break this up into a couple of posts today. You know, just to mix things up!!

Kim (kcurtis05) - CONGRATULATIONS!!! What fabulous news and how fun that you got to tell your sister in person!

Julia - The next part of the trying is the best - just have fun!! :blushing:

Welcome Beth (flutatious1) & Ali (futurehockeymom)!!

Welcome Smores18! Sorry for the rough time you've been having. Glad to have you join us. I'm originally from Montana (I live in Georgia now), so it is nice to have someone else from the Wild West here!!

Welcome kittyfeliz! Yes, I think you are absolutely in the right place. We're all in different stages and there is a lot of support, even if you're not in the actively trying stage yet. Plus, I love that yoga is part of your plan. I'm pretty new to yoga, but I think I'm totally hooked! I love it!

puggleperson - Glad you filled out a profile! Feel free to be as active or as passive on here as you want to be. Sometimes I just think it helps to read what everyone else has to say.

Jalara - Thanks for the laugh with the belly pics! Although, I will have to say, some of them really scared me a little. :noway:

Mandy (imarunner8908) - I don't think I could've gone through all those clothes. I have one shirt that sort of looks like a maternity shirt. DH doesn't like when I wear it (he says it looks frumpy), but when I see it in my closet it makes my wish it really was a maternity shirt and I had a reason to wear it! Baby dust all around!

thinthought - Good goals this week!

Jane (9Honey16) - Congratulations on the loss! Way to go!

Beth (newleaf..) - Sorry about your car and good luck in the search process.

Luki - Good luck on the progesterone. Let us know how it goes. And good luck with your goals this week. I'm pulling for you!

Miranda (cupcake0325) - Best of luck at the doctor. I don't think trying clomid again is necessarily a bad idea, but I'm sure your dr will have some thoughts. Plus, you can always keep losing weight while you're trying.

Kimberly (Khaverstick) - Rock on! Great loss!!
  • sdavisneill
    Options

A few questions for everyone: #1 have you discussed with your men what roles each of you will have when you do have kids? If so what did you come up with? If you do have kids already how has that all worked out for you? Did you follow through?
    #2 I am sure that Pantera and I aren't the only ones with debt or who had debt at the beginning of this all. What are you/have you done to get rid of your debt? and what things have you decided where unnecessary in order to get rid of debt?

Hey EmilyRanae! You get your own post today since my reply is longer. :smile:

#1 - Yes. Our discussion sort of played out over time. My career has been the one on the fast track, and overall has the more demanding schedule. A few years ago (when we first started trying), my husband left full time teaching to be a consultant for an educational curriculum company. This allows him to control his schedule more and he supplements the time he doesn't have a gig with that with a couple other part time ventures. Number one, he's way more happy and number two, he's in a great position to spend at least part of each week home with a child. Since we don't have kids yet, we don't know how this is all going to play out, but I do think we're not going to be as traditional as my parents were. I think I'll still have a big nurturing part, but he's going to be way more hands on.

#2 - Getting out of debt is a huge weight and challenge. We're out from under it now, but it took awhile (although, if we end up doing IVF, we could be right back in the same boat). We committed to a certain $ amount each month (more than the minimums) and then budgeted around it. We cut back the typical things like eating out, we didn't buy a lot of new clothes or electronic toys, etc. The other thing we did was make sure we planned the fun things we wanted to do around extra cash (like small bonuses or our tax return) so we were never tempted to reduce what we were paying on our debt. We also try to drive our cars for longer to only have one car payment at a time and we didn't make any cosmetic updates to our house (aka, new furnishings, decorating, etc.) for a long time. I think the main thing was actually looking at our spending and discussing why we spent each thing. I just don't think we were as aware of it before. Best of luck to you. I know it'll seem tough for awhile, but it's totally worth it in the end. By the way, we kept putting the the same amount into savings after we paid off the debt and that has helped a lot of our sense of security in case anything awful happens with our jobs.
  • sdavisneill
    Options
    Ok, & one more for today. Sorry I'm so wordy. Maybe I just missed y'all this weekend! Weighing in today:

MFP SW (March 2011): 211
    Calendar week 32: 177.0 (-2.8)
    Calendar week 33: 175.4 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 34: 173.8 (-1.6)
    Calendar week 35: 172.6 (-1.2)
    Calendar week 36: 172.2 (-0.4)

Down just a little this week, but that's still a win because I didn't even think about making good choices this past weekend. It was worth it to have a splurge weekend though. Lots of craziness. I don't think I told y'all, but one of the things my girlfriend wanted to do was to go to the Vanilla Ice concert! I don't think I was ever a big fan or anything, but everybody knows a couple of his songs, so I said, 'why not!' Anyway, not only did we go, but somehow we ended up on stage. I seriously felt 20 years younger! It was stupid fun! Plus good food and drinks in Miami and lots of fabulous vitamin D from being out in the sun! Hate to be back at work today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!