Mommy Challenge Part 3: Hot Mummies for Halloween!!!

Options

Replies

• bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 3 pounds over Thanksgiving (although I'd be happy to just not gain anything during the holiday's :wink: :blushing: ). I am not going to deprive myself of all of my fave's but I'll try to at least cut back!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Definitely no deprivation during the holidays!! im hoping we can lose three before thanksgiving and just enjoy the rest of the month for the holiday in maintainence mode and then jump back into weight loss after the holidays!! i will create name/group/etc.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Count me in as always!!!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in for that too... minus three lbs is 3 closer to goal!

BTW.. Awesome chart girls!!
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    3 lbs. sounds good to me too! Count me in!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    i am so proud of you mummies today!! reading a lot of your scale victories on the message board has ispired me to focus!! you guys rock!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    You guys are amazing...The Mommy Challenge officially started on May 30th 2011. We have had 3 challenges in total and a couple of ladies have been around through all 3 and i feel a special connection with you all. I thought it would be nice to show you ladies where you started (in case you forgot):

ON MAY 30, 2011 you weighed:

lovecola- 159.4

zseteacher- 258

angelacasey- 191.6

miamimimi- 158

bhurley- 182

WOWWWWSAAA!!! I hope this puts in perspective what this is about..it does for me :heart: :heart:

*special note for Kristyn who although wasnt in the initial challenge, she hopped on to the 2nd and has had marvelous weight loss results...139!!! woooot wooot!!:drinker:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing...The Mommy Challenge officially started on May 30th 2011. We have had 3 challenges in total and a couple of ladies have been around through all 3 and i feel a special connection with you all. I thought it would be nice to show you ladies where you started (in case you forgot):

lovecola- 159.4

zseteacher- 258

angelacasey- 191.6

miamimimi- 158

bhurley- 182

WOWWWWSAAA!!! I hope this puts in perspective what this is about..it does for me :heart: :heart:

*special note for Kristyn who although wasnt in the initial challenge, she hopped on to the 2nd and has had marvelous weight loss results...139!!! woooot wooot!!:drinker:

and dont forget you, Ms. latoyabooker!!!!!! you've done some great things since then :)

and thank you soo much for the reminder and congrats to lovecola and Kristyn, what an inspiration :)
  • angelacasey736
    Options

lovecola- 159.4

zseteacher- 258

angelacasey- 191.6

miamimimi- 158

bhurley- 182

Wow! I am speechless.....4 months ago i was more than 40lbs heavier than now.....thanks for the reminder - great motivation to forge ahead!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome of you Latoya! Sometimes we all need the reminder of how far we have come!!!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Latoya, Thanks sooo much for the reminder of how far we've ALL come!! :flowerforyou: It's easy to forget all the progress we've made when we're being hard on ourselves b/c of the scale or issues with body image:ohwell: This was the perfect extra motivation that I needed to get my butt back into gear. I am definitely onboard for any mommy challenge - 3 lbs is a very reasonable number for the holidays.

Angelacasey- WOW!!!!!: You've been super busy burning off all those pounds- over 40lbs in such a short time... super inspirational! Congrats!

Let's finish this week out strong mummies!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

lovecola- 159.4

zseteacher- 258

angelacasey- 191.6

miamimimi- 158

bhurley- 182

Wow - thanks for posting this! We've all come so far!! I still can't quite believe I'm down to the 150's now. Thanks Toya!!! :flowerforyou:
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks Latoya for putting it together, I just posted it :)

mummies3-1.png

I can't see the chart...is there a way you can email it to me or pm it to me?
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Morning Mummies! I need to stop logging weight and only log on Mondays or fridays or both or something. I weigh myself every single morning... which doesnt really bug me, what is bugging me is that i log them all. for instance this week i had 2 different .4 losses and a 1.1. the 1.1 is cool but the .4s eh, who cares.... welll had i been patient and just recorded it all this morning, it would be a total of 1.9 which to me says 2lbs.... far more exciting then .4!!!! What do you all do and why???
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Kristyn, I usually only log losses on Fridays/Saturdays, but that's probably only because I don't really lose very much after my weekend of indulgences:blushing: I think it's more motivating for our MFP friends to see us post bigger losses, but you should probably do whatever is most motivating for you. Personally, I like to wait until it adds up to a more motivational number(usually the difference between Monday & Fri/Sat is enough of a drop). I also log my gain if the scale hasn't gone down enough to match the posted loss by 3 days later... That's just my personal system- I'm curious to see what others here do as well.

Speaking of indulgences over the weekend... I'm gonna have to practice what I preach & enjoy using moderation this weekend. I hope everyone else is able to do the same so that we can post big losses on Monday. Have a great weekend Mummies!!:flowerforyou:
  • angelacasey736
    Options
    I normally officially log my weight once a week - following with our challenges my day has always been Monday - which weirdly enough seems to be better for me than any other day. There has been two times so far where i have waited two weeks and then three weeks to get over a hump of no loss. I cant bear to post a gain - I have my account linked to my facebook so i am too nervous to do that. I would rather have a length of time with no posting than to post a gain.....
    There have been numerous times where i have gotten on the scale daily and that never seems to be good for me. I have flucutated sometimes over 2lbs from morning to night and day to day so i TRY and only step on once a week but my curiousity gets the best of me at times. Sometimes it helps push me to watch my calories or excercise more during the course of the week if i dont like what i see - but its a personal preference and i think you should do what is best for you!!
  • KristynStephens15
    Options
    Thank you for the insight ladies. I think my plan will be to log a loss on Mondays if there is one because that is our group weigh in day. But because I am terrble over the weekends and always way up on mondays I think I will also have thursday morning be a log in day for me. So lets see how I do! =]
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    You will do fine Kristyn!! I think once a week log is best.
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    You will do fine Kristyn!! I think once a week log is best.
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning mummies!!! Finally saw the scale move again...woohoo....

Week 9/5/11-- 240 lbs ----SW
    Week 9/12 --- 237 lbs
    Week 9/19 --- 235lbs
    Week 9/26---235lbs
    Week 10/3-- 232lbs
    Week 10/10-- 232lbs
    Week 10/17-- 232lbs
    Week 10/24--230lbs
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: 10 lbs :smile: