Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had a successful week. Family- shopping- fun and food. I didn't weigh in today. I'll wait till Tuesday. I hit the gym on Saturday and today with my daughter. We had an amazing weekend shopping. Everything is done for Christmas gifts except for a gift card for two family members and my ladies at work. :wink: I don't know if I gained or stayed the same. I can't imagine I lost considering I had pie for dessert every day since Thursday. Today was fresh pineapple, but we dipped it in chocolate. :bigsmile:

My gym ran a special for Black Friday. Instead of $240 for the year, it's $149. So everyone in the family had a year added onto their membership. YEA!! The commitment is there for another year.

I just finished week 3 for my Rules of Lifting for Women. I must say...I really love the program. I can squat 90# and deadlift 75#...I didn't know I had it in me. :drinker: I look forward to it every time I go to do a workout.

I didn't log in on Turkey day, so I broke my sign in record :sad: Oh well....just like the scale , it's just a number. I was so busy cooking I just didn't have time to sit in in front of the computer. Nothing like a fresh start....hmmm where have I heard that one ??

We took new photos for the month of December. I've been trying to do it each month. As great as I feel... I still look at photos and cringe. (Especially since I'm in shorts and a sports bra. ) Although the photo from February is especially awful. My back shot looks like there is a notebook down my shorts :laugh: It's kinda square. Maybe someday I'll have the nerve to post them. For now, they are locked away in my computer for my eyes only.

Have a wonderful week. And safe travels to tannyb!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well there you go, the backward slide has happened:grumble:
    We are into the silly season in work, no time to think let alone eat properly or exercise.
    I don't think there is any point trying to set goals for the next couple of weeks, that would just be setting myself up to fail.

20/08/2011, 194,
    29/08/2011, 192*
    05/09/2011, 189
    12/09/2011, 187.8
    19/09/2011, 186.2
    26/09/2011, 184.6*
    03/10/2011, 182.8
    10/10/2011, 181
    17/10/2011, 179.8
    24/10/2011, 179
    31/10/2011, 178.2
    07/11/2011, 178.2
    14/11/2011, 178.2
    21/11/2011, 178
    28/11/2011, 181
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Well shoot, really was hoping, not a see an upswing, hopefully just water gain. Might miss weighing in next week will be out of town next Monday.
    Hope everyone has a good week. The Holiday Season has begun. :tongue:

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - XXX (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 168.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 165.4(Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 164.0 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 162.2 (Oct 10)
    Week 9 - 162.2 (Oct 17)
    Week 10 - 161.2 (Oct 24)
    Week 11 - 159.2 (Oct 31)
    Week 12 - 158.4 (Nov 7)
    Week 13 - 157.6 (Nov 14)
    Week 14 - 154.8 (Nov 21)
    Week 15 - 156.2 (Nov 28)
    Week 16 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx- (Dec 25)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well...I knew it was bound to happen...Darn Thanksgiving food...tasting so good ! :grumble: I managed to gain a pound. :noway: I haven't been drinking my water as well this past week. It just seems impossible some days. Am I the only one who has as much trouble drinking water???....Great job Kristel on the weight loss ! And if you maintained through the holidays, you did an excellent job ! Leila, don't be surprised if you do lose, your workouts have been amazing. :drinker: Good luck to each of you this week ! I will try to drink more water...(AGAIN), and get back to keeping my calories under wraps !!!!!!!!! SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...My Anniversary
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 193 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 193 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 191 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - 191 (Oct 31) No Treat For Me :(
    Week 13 - 190 (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs.)
    Week 14 - 188 (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - 187 (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - 188 (Nov 28) Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)
    Week 7 - 157.0 (October 3)
    Week 8 - 155.5 (October 10)
    Week 9- 155.5 (October 17)
    Week 10- 154.0 (October 24)
    Week 11- 152.0 (October 31)
    Week 16- 156.5 (November 28)

Mixed bag, ladies. I'm delighted to be back on MFP and recommit to getting healthy. I had to quit when I learned I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I miscarried. :brokenheart: My doctor and OB have cleared me to get back on target and be on a diet. Thanks for your patience, ladies. I look forward to following through to the home stretch and end with you!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

SW - 252
    GW - 222 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 252 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 249 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5) On VACATION, no scale.
    Week 4 - 249 (Sep 12) Bummer, still on vacation recovery
    Week 5 - 248 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 243 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 241 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 239 (Oct 10)
    Week 9 - 237 (Oct 17)
    Week 10 - 234 (Oct 24)
    Week 11 - 234 (Oct 31)
    Week 12 - 233 (Nov 7) Sick! Ugg
    Week 13 - 230 (Nov 14)
    Week 14 - 230(Nov 21)
    Week 15 - 230(Nov 28) Thanksgiving indulgence

Well, I guess I got myself into a jam. I strayed before and during Thanksgiving. I seem to be back on track this week and I'll be moving forward and aggressively pursuing results. At this point, I am not sure I will make my goal, but I am going to give it a real effort. My husband made chocolate chip cookies last night and this morning and I wasn't even tempted. I hope he stops before my willpower changes.
  • Pangui
    Options
    Mixed bag, ladies. I'm delighted to be back on MFP and recommit to getting healthy. I had to quit when I learned I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I miscarried. :brokenheart: My doctor and OB have cleared me to get back on target and be on a diet. Thanks for your patience, ladies. I look forward to following through to the home stretch and end with you!

I am totally impressed with your upbeat and positive attitude in the face of a major personal loss. I wish you all the best in achieving your weight loss and personal goals.
  • Pangui
    Options
    Well there you go, the backward slide has happened:grumble:
    We are into the silly season in work, no time to think let alone eat properly or exercise.
    I don't think there is any point trying to set goals for the next couple of weeks, that would just be setting myself up to fail.

While I can appreciate your sentiment, I hope this doesn't mean you are giving yourself permission to blow it and eat whatever you want for the rest of the year. As difficult as it may be, trying to stay focused on your goals, even if it's only to maintain this month, is a worthwhile endeavor. I am going to try real hard to refuse to get caught up so much in the holiday activities that it distracts me from what is really important.

Now off to go decorate the Rotary Christmas tree at the local museum!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Happy "late" Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Well we are moving into the holiday season where it seems to be the norm to gain weight... so what are we all going to do about it??? I have been off/on the last little while as you all know... I am trying to get back on! For me exercise is the biggest thing for me to loss weight and living in Northern Canada where winter means cold, snow and dark exercise is tough!!! Walking for me at lunch was the best (which I did from May until September, and it was an awesome way to get away from my desk and work at lunch) as I am usually both unbelievably busy and tired in the evenings and the 16 - 18 hours of darkness in the winter does not help with the tiredness.... so starting today... I took up doing the stairs in my building at work... up and down up and down.. .hopefully I can keep with this until spring and I can get back outside for walks. My goal not to gain between now and January and hey if I loss it is a BONUS!

What about you what are you going to do to combat the holiday season????
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm BACK!! Wonderful trip! We logged over 150 miles on foot in 15 days and 2 days were pretty much all car travel and another 2 days we were on the bullet train to/from Kyoto. Not too shabby. I maintained my weight which was really all I was hoping for. I'm still fluctuating a bit, due to travel/water I'm sure. I've started logging again but I'm taking it slowly on the exercise to let things sort of "rest" a bit.

GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - missed
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160.2(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 158.4 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 158.2 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 157.2 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 157.2 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 157.2(Oct 10)
    Week 9 - 157.2(Oct 17)
    Week 10 - 157.0(Oct 24)
    Week 11- 156.0 (Oct 31)
    Week 12 - 154.6 (Nov 7)
    Week 13 - Japan (Nov 14)
    Week 14 - Japan (Nov 21)
    Week 15 - 154.4 (Nov 28)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Too much fun with with family and friends is going to be my caloric curse it seems. Started back today with morning exercises and hoping it helps keep the pounds away.

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
    Week 4 - 225.3 (Sept 11) - limiting alcohol to weekends only and getting the cardio up & going
    Week 5 - 224.7 (Sept 19) - getting the cardio up & going!
    Week 6 - 222.7 (Sept 26) - getting the cardio up & going... still
    Week 7 - 221.8 (Oct 3) - still working on cardio regime!
    Week 8 - 220.7 (Oct 10) - vacation to visit my daughter at college for a few days... I want to not gain!
    Week 9 - 220.2 (Oct 20) - c-a-r-d-i-o!!!
    Week 10 - 219.4 (Oct 24) - c-a-r-d-i-o... every day!
    Week 11 - 218.3 (Oct 31) - see above lol!
    Week 12 - 217.2 (Nov 7) - getting up earlier... that's a start :))
    Week 13 - 215.2 (Nov 14) - see all above :-)
    Week 14 - 216.1 (Nov 21) - less alcohol and more exercise
    Week 15 - 217.4 (Nov 28)

Congrats to you all who maintained... or even lost! And best wishes for everyone in trying times *hugs*
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Happy "late" Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Well we are moving into the holiday season where it seems to be the norm to gain weight... so what are we all going to do about it??? I have been off/on the last little while as you all know... I am trying to get back on! For me exercise is the biggest thing for me to loss weight and living in Northern Canada where winter means cold, snow and dark exercise is tough!!! Walking for me at lunch was the best (which I did from May until September, and it was an awesome way to get away from my desk and work at lunch) as I am usually both unbelievably busy and tired in the evenings and the 16 - 18 hours of darkness in the winter does not help with the tiredness.... so starting today... I took up doing the stairs in my building at work... up and down up and down.. .hopefully I can keep with this until spring and I can get back outside for walks. My goal not to gain between now and January and hey if I loss it is a BONUS!

Too much fun with with family and friends is going to be my caloric curse it seems. Started back today with morning exercises and hoping it helps keep the pounds away... at least so I do not gain back any more.

Love your stair-strategy!
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 130 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12) Goal: Water, Water , Water (Met)
    Week 5 - 144(Sep 19) Goal: Work out each day while away. Drink Water (Met)
    Week 6 - 143 (Sep 26) Goal: I'll stick with water goal, 30 DS every day this week (Met)
    Week 7 -141 (Oct 3) Goal: call the Dr. can't ignore the knee pain anymore (Met)
    Week 8- 139 (Oct 10) Goal: Out of town on business- maintain workout schedule (Met)
    Week 9- 138 (Oct 17) Goal: Make up for less intense workout with water and lower sodium intake (Could have done better)
    Week 10- 138 (Oct 24) Goal: watch those carbs (pretty good job)
    Week 11- 137 (Oct 31) Goal: Try new recipes. (Met: Spinach with Golden raisins, Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken, yum!)
    Week 12 - 135 (Nov 7) Goal: do physical therapy exercises (Not Met)
    Week 12 - 132 (Nov 14) Goal: Listen to my knee. And this time really do the PT exercises
    Week 14 -132 (Nov 21) Goal: Plan right for Thanksgiving- workout and have fun with family (Met:: fresh string beans & Zucchini bread are new additions and favorites)
    Week 15 - 131 (Nov 28) Abs, Abs, Abs, must start toning.
    Week 16 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 17- xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    185 for me....off to work, gotta run
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late posting...

GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198 (Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 22)
    Week 6 - 197.5 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 197 (Oct. 3)
    Week 8 - 197 (Oct. 10)
    Week 9 - 196.6 (Oct. 17)
    Week 10 -
    (Oct. 24)
    Week 11 - 196 (Oct 31)
    Week 12 - 196.2 (Nov. 7)
    Week 13 - 196 (Nov. 14)
    Week 14 - 195.2 (Nov. 21)
    Week 15 - 195.2 (Nov. 28)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options

I am with Pangui - don't give in to it.
    1st yesterday I oversaw the final move into the Retirement Community for my Mom and am hoping things will start to settle down. I didn't gain this week but didn't lose either, so I am setting my calorie goal down just a bit. I plan to get off the rest of the recent gain adn make some progress this month. I want to get into the 210's before the 1st of the next year. I plan to stay under calories except for special days when I plan to stay under maintenance. I plan to now resetablish my exercise schedule, drinking water, I have a night class that will get in the way. It ends on the 15th of December. It all starts with a cookie decorating family night at my sister-in-laws. The more cookies we decorate the more we have to take home. Then it will be my husband's birthday on the 8th. We have our anniversary on the 19th. I do Christmas Eve most years and there are no holds barred. Christmas day is also usually a family dinner. I usually do fine with Christmas Eve since I work so hard cooking and cleaning. So hopefully I will make some progress early in the month.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well....I have been quite the terrible eater lately...I have been under a lot of stress and I have been reaching for the all to familiar comfort foods. :grumble: As you all know, my niece Amanda had her heart transplant Nov. 29th. She is recovering nicely and I am breathing a great big sigh of relief these days. All my thanks to Our Lord for his mercy and Love !!! She means the world to me and just the thought of losing her had me nearly out of my mind with worry. She is amazing her doctors and the nurses with her progress. She is taking the rejection medications and everything looks good so far. Her heart doctor said, there could not have been a more perfect heart for her than the one she received. My heart goes out for the family of the loved one who provided the heart for Amanda. I pray the Lord God eases their sorrow. And I am ever so thankful they decided to be an organ donor. If she continues to do well, they said she may get to go home by Christmas. Thank you Lord ! The power of prayer is awesome ! I want to thank each of you for your prayers. I could not ask for a better group of MFP friends. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you all for your support. :flowerforyou:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm back from my AMAZING trip to NYC! It was even better the second time around! We had a great group of CRAZY people on our bus and we laughed the whole trip!

Anyway, this will be short as I have a ton of laundry, housework, grocery shopping, etc. to catch up on. Plus I have a photo shoot booked this afternoon and aquacise tonight. It's our last class of the fall session, so it's also our Christmas party and we are doing a cookie exchange, so I have to make or buy something to bring. (I'm pretty sure I won't be baking today.)

Well, I did it - I actually maintained this week! I did not deprive myself of anything and I stayed EXACTLY the same - did not lose or gain even one ounce! (I really thought I would gain - at least a little.) I had burgers and fries, cannoli's from Carlo's Bakery (the Cake Boss show on TV for those who aren't familiar with it), cheesecake from Juniors (not once but twice - once from Juniors in Grand Central and the other from Juniors in Times Square.) We did do a lot of walking which I'm sure helped, but we also did a lot of sitting on the bus. It is SUCH a LOOOOONG drive. I didn't get my water in at all, but I did that purposely, as I did NOT want to resort to using the toilet on the bus and when I'm drinking a lot, I go every half hour or so.

Anyway, my goal for this week, is to get right back at it HARDCORE. I have decided I WILL lose at least one or one and a half this week. Especially since it is only three weeks till Christmas. Also, three weeks from Thursday, we'll be headed back to NYC for New Year's Eve. We do not have to pay for this trip as our bus tour lady has asked us to work a second bus on some of her future trips, so this will be our training run. She is going to sit back and relax, while we do all the work. But, hey, it's worth it for free trips. Can't wait to go back again!

Sorry, I have not had time to read and respond to all of your posts! I have seen yours, though, Beth, as I'm posting right after you and I'm happy that you've had such great news about Amanda. My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope she will continue to amaze her doctors and nurses and be home for Christmas. It must be bittersweet, but I'm sure the family of the donor will have some comfort knowing that a part of their beloved will live on and has saved the life of another person.

We're in the home stretch now, my MFP peeps - let's do this!!! Love to all for an amazing week! :heart:

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 274 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 274 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 272 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 270 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 265 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - 264 (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - 261 (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14) vacation - didn't weigh in
    Week 15 - 259 (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - 258 (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - 258 (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 130 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12) Goal: Water, Water , Water (Met)
    Week 5 - 144(Sep 19) Goal: Work out each day while away. Drink Water (Met)
    Week 6 - 143 (Sep 26) Goal: I'll stick with water goal, 30 DS every day this week (Met)
    Week 7 -141 (Oct 3) Goal: call the Dr. can't ignore the knee pain anymore (Met)
    Week 8- 139 (Oct 10) Goal: Out of town on business- maintain workout schedule (Met)
    Week 9- 138 (Oct 17) Goal: Make up for less intense workout with water and lower sodium intake (Could have done better)
    Week 10- 138 (Oct 24) Goal: watch those carbs (pretty good job)
    Week 11- 137 (Oct 31) Goal: Try new recipes. (Met: Spinach with Golden raisins, Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken, yum!)
    Week 12 - 135 (Nov 7) Goal: do physical therapy exercises (Not Met)
    Week 12 - 132 (Nov 14) Goal: Listen to my knee. And this time really do the PT exercises
    Week 14 -132 (Nov 21) Goal: Plan right for Thanksgiving- workout and have fun with family (Met:: fresh string beans & Zucchini bread are new additions and favorites)
    Week 15 - 131 (Nov 28) Goal: Abs, Abs, Abs, must start toning. (Met)
    Week 16 - 130 (Dec 5) Goal: keep working those Abs
    Week 17- xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm happy to have stayed the same this week 181.
    We are operational 16 to 18 hours a day at the minute, getting all our lovely Birds ready for the Christmas market.
    It's pretty manic , the work load increases with no additional Quality assurance staff, so it's up to me to ensure that all the girls are perfect.
    We go from 1000 birds per week, to 30,000 a week for December, almost 150 extra staff fly in from all over Europe, it's great fun!!!
    I'm sure I must destroy a rain forest in paper work for the food safety & quality records at this time of the year. Ah well only 18 more days :)

you are all doing great.
    Linda