Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Beth, so glad your niece went through the transplant ok. Hope she is home for Christmas. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself too.
    Krystel (Tanny) congrats on not gaining while enjoying your trip and love your plan to get right back into your efforts.
    Runninggirl congrats on reaching your goal! good timing with the holidays almost here. You won’t have to work so hard like I do right through Christmas.
    Linda good job holding the line through such a busy time. Take care.
    I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We moved my Mom into a retirement community last week and my sister and I took her out this weekend to do some errands. The doctors are pleased with her progress. Now I am behind on my night class. My daughter submitted her first college applications and has many to go this month. Thursday is my husband's birthday. The 19th is our anniversary. Christmas Eve I do a buffet at my house and Christmas dinner at my sisters. These are the times I will not expect to keep under my calorie goal but hope to stay under maintainance calories. I got through the family cookie decorating night this week ok.
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 229.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 229.0 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 226.8 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 226.8 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 225.4 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 225.4 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 225.4 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24) no weigh-in
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31) Goal 220 no weigh-in
    Week 13 - 227 (Nov 7) This weight was actually just a snap shot of my fluctuations that week. Went up to 232 for 2-3 days that week
    Week 14 - 229 (Nov 14) looks like up but I am actually on my way back down again,
    Week 15 - 227 (Nov 21) My goal is to stay under maintenance calories on Thanksgiving and get exercise in the morning.Lose the rest of my gain this week.
    Week 16 - 227 (Nov 28) didn't make my interim Goal 225
    Week 17 - 226,4(Dec 5) Still losing what I gained helping my Mom
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    Goal 215 SW - 231
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)
    Week 7 - 157.0 (October 3)
    Week 8 - 155.5 (October 10)
    Week 9- 155.5 (October 17)
    Week 10- 154.0 (October 24)
    Week 11- 152.0 (October 31)
    Week 16- 156.5 (November 28)
    Week 17 - 155.5 (December 5)

Getting back into the groove and hoping to hang in there! I really would like to be down a few more pounds.

Keri A. - that light will be shining through soon! I'm so glad you have stuck with it!
    Linda - with your wacky schedule, no gain is just fine!
    Runninggirl26- what can I say? You are inspiring!
    tannyb - well done! I'm just getting back in the groove too!
    beth - I am so happy about your niece. You are such a rock!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...My Anniversary
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 193 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 193 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 191 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - 191 (Oct 31) No Treat For Me :(
    Week 13 - 190 (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs.)
    Week 14 - 188 (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - 187 (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - 188 (Nov 28) Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Week 17 - 190 (Dec 5) Everything I lost...gained right back in the matter of two weeks.
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25) Wow, Thanksgiving indulgences, and stressful times equal disaster for me. I am back to where I was the beginning of November. Not sure I will be able to reach my Christmas Goal. That really stinks ! :sad: I was so sure I could. I've been having a terrible time getting my water in for the day,so, that is on the to do list for the week. My choices lately have been all comfort foods and junk . My niece is doing much better every day,:heart: so I can concentrate on getting back on track. Kristel, you did a wonderful job maintaining while in N.Y. Congrats ! Jennifer, congratulations on the awesome job you are doing. You should be very proud of yourself ! Linda, what a hectic schedule you have. I don't see how you manage to make it through those long days. Keri, I'm glad you are able to breathe a little easier these days. You are doing a wonderful job getting back on track. I'm glad your mother is doing better. Sherrell, welcome back !...and with a little loss to boot . Great job keeping on track while you were away. :drinker: Julia, as you can see, I need to get back in the groove too. We can do this ! Leila, you are an inspiration ! You are doing great with your weight lifting .:drinker: Well, it's 20 days till Christmas, good luck with your goals everyone !:smile: I'm still going to try to get there !:bigsmile: I will catch up with the rest of you as you post.:smile:
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
    Week 4 - 225.3 (Sept 11) - limiting alcohol to weekends only and getting the cardio up & going
    Week 5 - 224.7 (Sept 19) - getting the cardio up & going!
    Week 6 - 222.7 (Sept 26) - getting the cardio up & going... still
    Week 7 - 221.8 (Oct 3) - still working on cardio regime!
    Week 8 - 220.7 (Oct 10) - vacation to visit my daughter at college for a few days... I want to not gain!
    Week 9 - 220.2 (Oct 20) - c-a-r-d-i-o!!!
    Week 10 - 219.4 (Oct 24) - c-a-r-d-i-o... every day!
    Week 11 - 218.3 (Oct 31) - see above lol!
    Week 12 - 217.2 (Nov 7) - getting up earlier... that's a start :))
    Week 13 - 215.2 (Nov 14) - see all above :-)
    Week 14 - 216.1 (Nov 21) - less alcohol and more exercise
    Week 15 - 217.4 (Nov 28)
    Week 16 - 215.8 (Dec 5)

I am really not sure what happened here. This loss was totally unexpected... I had a few days of completely being off-track (lots of holiday festivities shall we say) then buckled down again... so somehow, I have almost undone the damage from gaining in the past couple of weeks. What this means is... we can all do it! Believe me... if this happens to me, it can happen to anyone!

Even if we don't reach a Christmas Challenge goal (as I do not expect to see mine until January now), it's all about the process!

March on!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    183.6 today. So no change really.

The first step on the scale said 179.3. I stared at it a few seconds knowing it was my goal for this challenge. But as always, I do it 3 times and take the number that shows up the most. At least I can say I saw my future :laugh:

:bigsmile:

Hubby was laid off yesterday for the first time in 12 years (he's a carpenter ) - I will look at it as a positive thing.... ( what choice do I have ) maybe it was time to move on... everything happens for a reason.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    183.6 today. So no change really.

The first step on the scale said 179.3. I stared at it a few seconds knowing it was my goal for this challenge. But as always, I do it 3 times and take the number that shows up the most. At least I can say I saw my future :laugh:

:bigsmile:

Hubby was laid off yesterday for the first time in 12 years (he's a carpenter ) - I will look at it as a positive thing.... ( what choice do I have ) maybe it was time to move on... everything happens for a reason.

Hope it works for him! Great attitude maybe it is time for a change!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm happy to have stayed the same this week 181.
    We are operational 16 to 18 hours a day at the minute, getting all our lovely Birds ready for the Christmas market.
    It's pretty manic , the work load increases with no additional Quality assurance staff, so it's up to me to ensure that all the girls are perfect.
    We go from 1000 birds per week, to 30,000 a week for December, almost 150 extra staff fly in from all over Europe, it's great fun!!!
    I'm sure I must destroy a rain forest in paper work for the food safety & quality records at this time of the year. Ah well only 18 more days :)

you are all doing great.
    Linda

Sounds hectic but also like you are having fun too!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Well....I have been quite the terrible eater lately...I have been under a lot of stress and I have been reaching for the all to familiar comfort foods. :grumble: As you all know, my niece Amanda had her heart transplant Nov. 29th. She is recovering nicely and I am breathing a great big sigh of relief these days. All my thanks to Our Lord for his mercy and Love !!! She means the world to me and just the thought of losing her had me nearly out of my mind with worry. She is amazing her doctors and the nurses with her progress. She is taking the rejection medications and everything looks good so far. Her heart doctor said, there could not have been a more perfect heart for her than the one she received. My heart goes out for the family of the loved one who provided the heart for Amanda. I pray the Lord God eases their sorrow. And I am ever so thankful they decided to be an organ donor. If she continues to do well, they said she may get to go home by Christmas. Thank you Lord ! The power of prayer is awesome ! I want to thank each of you for your prayers. I could not ask for a better group of MFP friends. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you all for your support. :flowerforyou:

Hi Beth

So glad to hear that everything has gone well! Thoughts and prayers for her speedy recovery.

Donna
  • KeriA
    Options
    Beth, I am really trying hard with water too now. I am sorry you gained but I think it will be off soon especially with more water.:drinker:

Paxetamore, Yay, glad to see you got it off and it gives me hope. I do not think I will make my goal but I am just hoping to be in the 210’s by Jan 1. Not sure it is possible.

Leila, I do think you saw your future scale wise. Sorry to hear about your husband. Hope he finds something even better.

Hope we all have a great week.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - missed
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160.2(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 158.4 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 158.2 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 157.2 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 157.2 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 157.2(Oct 10)
    Week 9 - 157.2(Oct 17)
    Week 10 - 157.0(Oct 24)
    Week 11- 156.0 (Oct 31)
    Week 12 - 154.6 (Nov 7)
    Week 13 - Japan (Nov 14)
    Week 14 - Japan (Nov 21)
    Week 15 - 154.4 (Nov 28)
    Week 16 - 154 (Dec 5)
  • LHann360
    Options
    Finished my Stage 1 workout 8B in Rules of Lifting for Women....next is two special workouts where you use your starting weight and do as many reps as possible. Then take a week off before starting Stage 2. I'm pretty excited about it.

I started my squats at 45# just using the bar ( 2 sets 15 ) and ended at 90# ( 3 sets of 8) .
    Deadlifts started at 30 # and ended at 105 # last night ( 3 sets of 8 ). So the program definitely works in increasing your strength. I just love using weights

Besides that happy news...I am sooooooooo glad it's Friday. Got our first snow last night, but just a dusting. Enough to cover all the ugly mud.

Have a great weekend ladies, stay strong, watch those calories and move your butt !!:bigsmile:
  • KeriA
    Options
    This is a preemptive post. Not sure I will be on here for Monday weigh in. I just got through my husband's birthday. On his day I did fine but Friday night was the dinner with the whole family and I went over a bit. Not too bad really. Yesterday I was busy with my Mom daughter and trying to work on my paper and didn't do so well. No time for exercise was the problem. Well now I am facing a very over the top week so am not sure how much I can be on MFP until the paper is done. I will log my food and not sure there will be much exercise. I have a class or meeting every night too. So I am disparing as to whether I can make the progress I wanted this month. I am determined to stay down though so that I am in good shape for the new year to work harder. No more classes I hope even if they are paid for like this was. Hope all have a great week though. Week after this is my 29th anniversary.

Keri
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Since I was still in vacation mode (at least in mindset) for the first half of the week, I was happy just to maintain again. I did lose 0.2 lbs but it rounds off to the same number, so I'm staying put for yet another week. I think the eating is not really much different than before, the trouble I'm mostly having is finding the time to fit my exercise in. Plus I haven't been walking as we had a lot of rain last week. It's also getting colder now.

The days I do go over my calories, I could usually get back under by doing more exercise, but lately that hasn't been happening. I'm hoping to get some projects finished up this week (photo editing and crocheting for clients) so that I can get back to my exercise routine. I really do quite enjoy it now and miss it when I don't have the time to squeeze it in. That'll be my goal for the week.

Two weeks left (!?!) and I'm hoping to get to 255 by Christmas. That will be ten pounds less than my original goal, so I would need to lose 2.5 pounds in two weeks - I think that will be achievable (as long as I get back on track and get exercising.)

Good luck to you, Keri, on your paper and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary.

Have a great week, everyone!

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 274 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 274 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 272 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 270 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 265 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - 264 (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - 261 (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14) vacation - didn't weigh in
    Week 15 - 259 (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - 258 (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - 258 (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - 258 (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Gotta be quick,
    Happy days are here again, back down to 178.
    Well that's what a week of not eating very much, and running around for 16 hours per day will do for a gal!!!
    would you believe that we have not put up our tree or Christmas decorations yet?
    Husband had the dreaded Man Flu again last week and this time god bless his cotton socks he just had to share, so i'm a little under the weather, not the best way to be feeling with the peak season approaching fast ( 6 days until all my girls reach the stores).
    I'm going to still aim for my GW of 174 for Christmas day, must keep up the water intake and get a least 5 hours sleep a night.

keep up the good work,
    We are going to have a cracker of a Christmas.
  • LHann360
    Options
    Keri, I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary next week-:bigsmile: 29 years - fantastic !!

Sam- you're doing great. I hope you're better soon...man flu- that's a crappy gift :laugh:

tannyb- you'll get there by Christmas...I have complete faith in you.

I decorated the tree and cleaned the house all day yesterday. Then off to the store to buy MIL a gift. I also found a pair of workout pants for me..$40 marked down to 15, then used my 10$ off a 10$ purchase coupon. ....how can you go wrong for $5 ?? I love the buy a gift for someone, a gift for me shopping experience. My daughter told me I couldn't wear my one pair of long workout pants anymore that they looked ridiculous.:laugh: Funny how spandex still fits after 55 lbs. isn't it ? They should probably ban that fabric so we pay more attention.

It's Monday, it's sunny and I'm looking forward to another fabulous week of life. ( no particular reason- just passing on some positive thinking ) Enjoy ladies. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Leila
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
    Week 4 - 225.3 (Sept 11) - limiting alcohol to weekends only and getting the cardio up & going
    Week 5 - 224.7 (Sept 19) - getting the cardio up & going!
    Week 6 - 222.7 (Sept 26) - getting the cardio up & going... still
    Week 7 - 221.8 (Oct 3) - still working on cardio regime!
    Week 8 - 220.7 (Oct 10) - vacation to visit my daughter at college for a few days... I want to not gain!
    Week 9 - 220.2 (Oct 20) - c-a-r-d-i-o!!!
    Week 10 - 219.4 (Oct 24) - c-a-r-d-i-o... every day!
    Week 11 - 218.3 (Oct 31) - see above lol!
    Week 12 - 217.2 (Nov 7) - getting up earlier... that's a start :))
    Week 13 - 215.2 (Nov 14) - see all above :-)
    Week 14 - 216.1 (Nov 21) - less alcohol and more exercise
    Week 15 - 217.4 (Nov 28)
    Week 16 - 215.8 (Dec 5)
    Week 17 - 213.6 (Dec 12)

Lost weight last week largely due to cold/flu-y thing, I think. Revised goal of 210 by Christmas still a possibility.

I can totally relate, Sam, be well & indeed get more than 5 hours of sleep! Good luck with your paper & happy anniversary, Keri! You can do it tannyb because we've all seen what you can do reaching goals :D And thanks for the positivity, Leila!
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Just wanted to check in. Was ready to throw in the towel after San Diego trip and not back into the habit of logging. But stepped on scale this morning and it said 155. So renewed enthusiasm. Lol. Quickly read thru posts. Everyone having their ups and downs. I am in good company. Will do official post later.
    That goal is almost in reach, keep moving ahead.
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So happy to see the dedication continues with our "smaller" group.

SW - 155
    GW - 130 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12) Goal: Water, Water , Water (Met)
    Week 5 - 144(Sep 19) Goal: Work out each day while away. Drink Water (Met)
    Week 6 - 143 (Sep 26) Goal: I'll stick with water goal, 30 DS every day this week (Met)
    Week 7 -141 (Oct 3) Goal: call the Dr. can't ignore the knee pain anymore (Met)
    Week 8- 139 (Oct 10) Goal: Out of town on business- maintain workout schedule (Met)
    Week 9- 138 (Oct 17) Goal: Make up for less intense workout with water and lower sodium intake (Could have done better)
    Week 10- 138 (Oct 24) Goal: watch those carbs (pretty good job)
    Week 11- 137 (Oct 31) Goal: Try new recipes. (Met: Spinach with Golden raisins, Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken, yum!)
    Week 12 - 135 (Nov 7) Goal: do physical therapy exercises (Not Met)
    Week 12 - 132 (Nov 14) Goal: Listen to my knee. And this time really do the PT exercises
    Week 14 -132 (Nov 21) Goal: Plan right for Thanksgiving- workout and have fun with family (Met:: fresh string beans & Zucchini bread are new additions and favorites)
    Week 15 - 131 (Nov 28) Goal: Abs, Abs, Abs, must start toning. (Met)
    Week 16 - 130 (Dec 5) Goal: keep working those Abs (Met)
    Week 17- 129 (Dec 12) Goal: fell off the water wagon- need to get back on.
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone, You are all doing an exceptional job! This journey we are on for a healthier body isn't easy by any means! :grumble: It has it's ups and down's,:laugh: (no pun intended) ,and not just on the scale. As long as we keep striving ,to do better,make wiser choices ,pick ourselves up when we falter and keep on trying, we are winning the battle.:drinker: I am proud of each and every one of you for doing just that ! Thank you for your support and inspiration.:heart: SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...My Anniversary
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 193 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 193 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 191 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - 191 (Oct 31) No Treat For Me :(
    Week 13 - 190 (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs.)
    Week 14 - 188 (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - 187 (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - 188 (Nov 28) Happy Thanksgiving !!!
    Week 17 - 190 (Dec 5) Everything I lost...gained right back in the matter of two weeks.
    Week 18 - 185.5 (Dec 12) More water in the plan this week. Last week was horrible !
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25) Let's finish this challenge out strong !!! Good luck this week !
  • KeriA
    Options
    I wasn't planning to post here today but after getting on the scale I changed my mind.

Krystel, great job staying down with travel and being busy. Yes it looks like you will make 255 by Christmas which is 10 pounds beyond your original goal, right?. Great job.

Sam take care of your self and it sounds as if you are on the way to making your goal weight too.

Paxetamore sounds like you will make your goal too. Take care.

Leila I hope to get back to some strength training again after Christmas. It was just starting to help when my Mother started needing my help so much and I had to steamline my exercise schedule.

DLPerry, Glad to see you feel more positive and will make your Christmas goal.

runninggirl you have made your goal and are still making progress.

Yay Beth you are so close to your goal with time to spare. I think we were trying to post at the same time but you beat me to it.
    Congrats all.

Well, I am happy today not because I lost but because I am staying down. I have weekly fluctuations and knew the birthday dinner had more sodium so I drank lots of water yesterday and so now the scale has confirmed that I am still at my last recorded weight which is great news since I haven’t exercised since last week and have been celebrating. I hope to keep up with the water today.

Have a great week all!