Guns baby... More specifically ladies shooting guns.

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We should go shooting together!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I dig it, but mostly because I watch Top Shot with the husband and we've been wanting to go to a shooting range for awhile.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    **rolls eyes**

There is always someone who thinks they should tell someone something is inappropriate or appalling...

Now if you were holding up a kitten with a blind fold on with the gun pointed to it's head....THAT would be inappropriate.

But shooting at someplace meant for just that...all while (I'm assuming) being supervised on gun safety, is not inappropriate.

BTW...I'm all for guns...and smart people...and safety courses.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Shooting is a big part of my life!!!! One of the best decisions I ever made was to get into shooting!!!
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman being able to defend herself. There are too many psycho's out there! More power to you, girlfriend! My husband and I took the class years ago for a concealed weapons permit. Never hurts to be prepared for any
    circumstance! :devil:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Um, what kind of gun? Personally, I like .22 pistols, but my mom's .38 revolver just feels kind of bad *kitten*, but nothing, I mean NOTHING, is as fun as laying in the grass at my family farm shooting a rifle across the "crick" and watching gallons of water explode...except when it's pumpkins.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    We should go shooting together!

^^^
    what she said!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a house where there was always some sort of automatic on the kitchen table and often times my dad or brother were cleaning guns on the living room floor. They don't bother me, I started shooting at the age of 3 when my dad took us out to teach us how dangerous guns can be if misused and mistreated.
    I have a revolver my dad gave me, I named her Molly Whipper. Its in my closet and my husband is actually the one who is uneasy around guns but I refuse to not have one in the house.

I find it funny that women can have boobie day on here but you are getting emails about how this photo is offensive. Makes me wanna put a machine gun as my main photo.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    More firepower baby!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter loves to hunt, but limits her shooting to sighting in and hunting. My younges daughter likes bench rest shooting. Me... I just like guns, but being a man that is nothing special. I wonder how many negative comments you will get in public? Enjoy the sport, it is good for the hand eye coordination, an excellent stress relief and then... someday after proper training and education it can become a nice self/home defense tool
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I love inappropriate. Inappropriate is my favorite.

I swear - I get sick of people telling me how to live my life - and telling others how to live theirs. Know what I say whenever someone tries to tell me how to live my life? I tell them to go pay a stripper to care.

Your gun photo makes my girl parts tingly.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I HATE guns. I hate violence. Never let my children have toy guns or play violent video games. I can't even watch violent movies or tv shows - it's actually too upsetting for me and plays over & over in my mind.
    But I'd never tell another person not to have a gun (tho some ppl shouldn't)
    Violence is like sex - it's a personal choice
    (I don't like spanking or S&M either)
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that women can have boobie day on here

Ummm... what date is that? :)
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've never fired a gun, or really been around them / exposed to them. That said, what's the big deal!?

People will always find something to complain about. Tell em to go bleep themselves!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think it's HOT! Love a women who can handle fire power! :love:
  • ToddFo
    ToddFo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love it. Tell the commie pinkos to shove it. ;)
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    hmmm my awesome man just built me an awesome AK-47 :D

Sooo yeaaaa, I'm totally cool with it :)
  • scottppa
    scottppa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not one thing inappropriate about it. Don't worry about those folks who complain. They have too much time on their hands and should be focusing on larger issues.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?

I hit a shooting range last week for the first time. Loved it. My man has always had guns - he's a hunter (he prefers bow/arrow, though). I will probably be getting my concealed gun permit soon.

Guns aren't bad - it's the person holding the gun that can be bad. You just have to have respect for them. And teach your kids to respect them. My man was taught this. His brother had to use one in self defense when he was jumped by three guys in his front yard. It saved his life.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I shoot... My husband shoots. He carries a gun on the job.. I know lots of people who finds THAT offensive. People can suck it :noway: