Guns baby... More specifically ladies shooting guns.

Options

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Not one thing inappropriate about it. Don't worry about those folks who complain. They have too much time on their hands and should be focusing on larger issues.

^Agree with this^
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I love shooting, I've only shot rifles, never a handgun. People who are complaining that it's apalling and inapproriate have nothing better to do with their time. Good on you!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    aye dios mio! not that again. lol

i think its highly inappropriate that "they" want to push their beliefs on us but arent willing to even hear our side.

With that said, i currently hold a CHL and my husband and I are strong supporters of your right to bear arms.

I currently own a springfield xd .40 subcompact and a walther .22.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    229603_1877976662580_1036160799_32103495_825430_n-1.jpg

that thing is huge! lol. "that's what she said"

omg i just snickered and snorted at work! thats so what my sister and i say all the time and people think we are so stupid.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I own 7 firearms. Of which I can shoot and have shot all of them. I have rounds for them all as well. Some of them are for self defense since I spend a lot of time home alone. If you wish to find out what kind.... feel free to show up in the middle of the night and be forwarned... the little ones shoot hollow points... and i shoot to kill. :)

PS. One is a shot gun, and I also have a pick up and a dog to ride around in it..... yee haw... :)
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to a shooting range. I personally think your pic looks very nice. When I saw it on another thread you posted on, two words came to mind, I'm Jealous!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with the picture, you can't even see the gun.

I think you have to remember though, that this website has people from all over the world. Everyone has a different background and cultural norms. Take me as an example - in my personal opinion, guns should be banned for everyone except those who need them for their work or who are a licenced sporting shooter. And the thought of having a gun or carrying one for self defense is a nightmare. Guns for fun is just wrong to me. I know lots of you will disagree, but you see I live in a place where people don't have or need to carry guns and I feel sorry for people who feel so threatened in their daily life that a gun seems like the answer. I can't imagine why you would choose to live in a place like this.

I should add that I grew up on a farm, my dad had a gun (used to put down animals if needed), I've shot guns before and I do appreciate that in some jobs they are an unfortunate neccessity.

I think the point of my post is that for some people guns are a regular and expected part of life, for others (like me) they are not common or respected. I wouldn't argue your right to shoot or to post a picture of you shooting, but you can't expect everyone to have the same thoughts as you about guns.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to a shooting range. I personally think your pic looks very nice. When I saw it on another thread you posted on, two words came to mind, I'm Jealous!

You really need to get someone to take you sometime! It's so fun! I couldn't do nearly as many rounds as the guys as I really did find it jarring on my wrists and elbows *LOL* But I'm a p*ssy.
  • Paddy31
    Options
    A University of Pennsylvania study shows a strong causal link between gun ownership and the risk of being shot in an assault. The figures suggest that individuals in possession of a gun were 4.46 times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession. Among gun assaults where the victim had at least some chance to resist, this adjusted odds ratio increased to 5.45.

IN conclusion the authors stated:
    "On average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault. Although successful defensive gun uses occur each year, the probability of success may be low for civilian gun users in urban areas. Such users should reconsider their possession of guns or, at least, understand that regular possession necessitates careful safety countermeasures"

I have nothing against people putting their hobbies in pictures, but guns as self-defence?

(And mostly trying to start an argument):explode:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options

You really need to get someone to take you sometime! It's so fun! I couldn't do nearly as many rounds as the guys as I really did find it jarring on my wrists and elbows *LOL* But I'm a p*ssy.

I am thinking that I will ask the boyfriend to take me on our next date. He won't go sky diving (which I love to do) maybe this will do.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with the picture, you can't even see the gun.

I think you have to remember though, that this website has people from all over the world. Everyone has a different background and cultural norms. Take me as an example - in my personal opinion, guns should be banned for everyone except those who need them for their work or who are a licenced sporting shooter. And the thought of having a gun or carrying one for self defense is a nightmare. Guns for fun is just wrong to me. I know lots of you will disagree, but you see I live in a place where people don't have or need to carry guns and I feel sorry for people who feel so threatened in their daily life that a gun seems like the answer. I can't imagine why you would choose to live in a place like this.

I should add that I grew up on a farm, my dad had a gun (used to put down animals if needed), I've shot guns before and I do appreciate that in some jobs they are an unfortunate neccessity.

I think the point of my post is that for some people guns are a regular and expected part of life, for others (like me) they are not common or respected. I wouldn't argue your right to shoot or to post a picture of you shooting, but you can't expect everyone to have the same thoughts as you about guns.

Didn't ever say I expected anyone to have the same thoughts as me on any topic... To be clear.
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    neighbor_has_no_guns1.jpg
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    SOme of my pics:

Better shot of some of my weapons (roughly 1/5 of my collection):
    mlf.png

The main gun safe:
    P1011170.jpg

My favorite pic - me shooting my S&W M&P-9 VTAC with casing caught in the air:
    mikecasinginair.jpg
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A University of Pennsylvania study shows a strong causal link between gun ownership and the risk of being shot in an assault. The figures suggest that individuals in possession of a gun were 4.46 times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession. Among gun assaults where the victim had at least some chance to resist, this adjusted odds ratio increased to 5.45.

IN conclusion the authors stated:
    "On average, guns did not protect those who possessed them from being shot in an assault. Although successful defensive gun uses occur each year, the probability of success may be low for civilian gun users in urban areas. Such users should reconsider their possession of guns or, at least, understand that regular possession necessitates careful safety countermeasures"

I have nothing against people putting their hobbies in pictures, but guns as self-defence?

(And mostly trying to start an argument):explode:

Please provide a link to the study? I would like to see if it is another Brady or Joyce Foundation funded POS. :smile:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I enjoy shooting and we even took our 17 year old daughter out shooting this summer. My husband is actually a SAMI (small arms marksmanship instructor) in the Navy so he wanted her to know how to be able to handle guns safely. Also, she needs to know what to do when the zombie apocalypse goes down.

2011-07-15_08-51-17_102.jpg

2011-07-15_09-58-53_35.jpg

2011-07-15_10-26-00_203.jpg
  • Paddy31
    Options
    Please provide a link to the study? I would like to see if it is another Brady or Joyce Foundation funded POS. :smile:

http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1087&context=dennis_culhane&sei-redir=1#search="link between gun possession gun assault"

you might also like Gary Kleck's rebuttal if you can find the original study.

And this little graph

International.gif

Edit: Oh My God! Look at the size of that thing. How do you edit the image to size?
  • Autumn15
    Options
    I love shooting Skeet...haven't done it in years but when I did I was pretty good. Wish I was better with hand guns have tried them a few times. Guns make me a little nervous with kids in a house but in the right environment such as shooting ranges I really enjoy them. Wish I'd had someone to teach me when I was young about how to handle them properly and how to shoot. There is nothing wrong with your pic.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    without entering the debate - as I'm not in a place to comment as I'm British and have only seen guns on the street in Manchester on a friday night. But i've shot a 9mm Sub machine gun - on single fire setting - in the Territorial Army in my early 20's. I was one of the best at stripping and cleaning it in a timed session and really enjoyed it. However, I have no desire to kill animals or anything but if I could lay my hands on a gun if ever in a life or death situ I know for a fact I'd shoot, Fight or flight after all and I'm a damn slow runner! lol
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?

Why would this picture upset people? Did they think you are shooting Santa? And honestly if you had shot Santa I would understand, because he does break into peoples houses and all.