Guns baby... More specifically ladies shooting guns.

Options

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I put up a picture of one of my guns and it was promptly deleted. When I emailed Mike to see if I had violated any of the website rules I never received a response. I am the proud owner of several different guns/rifles. I also have a CCW but open carry whenever possible and am proud to live in a state that does not have crazy laws restricting my 2nd amendment right. If people are offended by a gun because it would be used to kill someone then I want to be offended by any picture of a car because I'm way more likely to get killed by a car than a gun. Besides you know how the saying goes....Guns don't kill people...people with mustaches kill people.

hahahahaha! yes!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    229603_1877976662580_1036160799_32103495_825430_n-1.jpg
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I got your back!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Let them talk. They know that when push comes to shove, you're a fighter. My husband has guns and bows. My daughter shoots bow competitevly and the guys at the archery center in the last town she lived in were totally freaked out by it. One guy was shooting whenshe came in and set up to shoot. His comment: "Don't judge." She never would but she was way better and he knew it. Wasn't long and she was telling them about her equipment and style of shooting (fingers, no release.) My daughter-in-law hunts deer. She also will gut it out and butcher along side the guys. Yeah girls!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    **rolls eyes**

There is always someone who thinks they should tell someone something is inappropriate or appalling...

Now if you were holding up a kitten with a blind fold on with the gun pointed to it's head....THAT would be inappropriate.

But shooting at someplace meant for just that...all while (I'm assuming) being supervised on gun safety, is not inappropriate.

BTW...I'm all for guns...and smart people...and safety courses.

lolwut?

SuicidalKitten.jpg

Hahah I immediately thought of this photo when I read that comment!! :laugh:

As for those gun photos, they're great. & why the eff should anyone give a snap if a woman is a BAMF enough to know how and to use such a fabulous piece of equipment?
    When I get the chance, I cannot wait to go to a shooting range! i have never been and, to be honest, a little afraid of guns still. But I am afraid because I don't know about them yet and I think this is the real reason why ppl think they're inappropriate, or scary - because they just don't know.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My now 13 year old @ 11 Shooting a .357 magnum, and Russian Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54r rifle....

ing]108.jpg

AND..... to be completly offensive... She loads her own ammo....

erm_loading.jpg

Hmm.... I cant figure out pictures... time to search
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My now 13 year old @ 11 Shooting a .357 magnum, and Russian Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54r rifle....

112.jpg

108.jpg

erm_loading.jpg

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    lower case img instead of IMG :) cute pics!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

112.jpg

108.jpg

erm_loading.jpg

You beat me to it. :smile:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    So... I'm shooting a gun in this pic. One and only time I've gone shooting. It was fun.

But, I've gotten some interesting PMs with people that find it inappropriate or even appalling.

I'm intrigued... What are your thoughts?
    I like it..my husband wants to get a rifle, and he knows I wanna learn how to shoot a gun for funsies.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    229603_1877976662580_1036160799_32103495_825430_n-1.jpg

that thing is huge! lol. "that's what she said"
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What kind of ninny would find that picture inappropriate or appalling? Probably the same kind of wuss that wouldn't post up in this thread.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Totally offensive. What kind of targets were you shooting at? You might also be racist.

I love you.

:blushing: I'll take you shooting. You won't even have to come pick me up lol.

haha awesome referral to the bad blind date thread! kudos for the cross-reference!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    those are all AWESOME pics.
    My 11 year old has been shooting but I don't have any pics. The only thing we keep in the house is a BB gun and his compound bow but my mom has the safe at her house.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love it!

We went to an outdoor range last year and we have pics of me shooting. Heck, I shot my first full auto! Scared but exhilarating!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options

ing]108.jpg

erm_loading.jpg

Man that could have totally been my dad and I growing up! I know what loading ammo sounds like and can pick through empty shells at a range and know whats reloadable and not.
  • mcdonl
    Options
    those are all AWESOME pics.
    My 11 year old has been shooting but I don't have any pics. The only thing we keep in the house is a BB gun and his compound bow but my mom has the safe at her house.

The guns in your pictures are enough to keep you safe!!

I am in Southern Maine.....
  • mcdonl
    Options
    Man that could have totally been my dad and I growing up! I know what loading ammo sounds like and can pick through empty shells at a range and know whats reloadable and not.

Lifetime of memories.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I HATE guns. I hate violence. Never let my children have toy guns or play violent video games. I can't even watch violent movies or tv shows - it's actually too upsetting for me and plays over & over in my mind.
    But I'd never tell another person not to have a gun (tho some ppl shouldn't)
    Violence is like sex - it's a personal choice
    (I don't like spanking or S&M either)

dear wickedcricket, you should change your name, you are not sounding wicked at all.

Your statement is odd. Guns do not equal violence. As a U.S.A. citizen it is my second amendment right to bear arms. Swords, knives, guns, blow torches, light sabers, everything is allowed. As for using them on others in a violent way, that is not. Don't you use a kitchen knife? Is that violent behaivor not allowed in your house either?

Your children will grown up loving guns and knives. They will want to pick them up and use them the first chance they get. Please understand, you are the adult, and if you are unaware of how to safely handle a weapon, can you please just take them to someone who can? Ignorance is not bliss when someone doesn't know the rules of gun safety or jabs a pointy thing through their foot because they had no idea how heavy a sword can be...

Anyway, blowing things up with firecrackers, dynomite, guns, arrows, is fun when safely done. Boosts confidence too :) Brings families together at the range, teaches respect.... And is a huge part of preparing for the zombie apocalype... I hope you at least have a sword, that kitchen knife just won't do.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really interesting. I find it amazing what people choose to be offended by.

I say its HOT!

I can't wait to go shooting agian!!!

I may take a pic and post it as my profile.