Challenge to fellow black teamers!

Hey Batman, Robin, and Catwomen! I thought I would get ready to start the new year by extending a challenge to my fellow teammates...Samantha said we could make our own challenges, so maybe each of us can take a week and extend a challenge to the rest of the team the night before weigh in, and it could go for one week.

This week's challenge is: to eat at least 3 servings of fruits or vegetables daily.

*I know the daily recommendation is higher than that, but for some of us (like me!) getting that much in may be a struggle...so we'll start small and see how it goes. Who's with me?

Go black!

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Hey Batman, Robin, and Catwomen! I thought I would get ready to start the new year by extending a challenge to my fellow teammates...Samantha said we could make our own challenges, so maybe each of us can take a week and extend a challenge to the rest of the team the night before weigh in, and it could go for one week.

This week's challenge is: to eat at least 3 servings of fruits or vegetables daily.

*I know the daily recommendation is higher than that, but for some of us (like me!) getting that much in may be a struggle...so we'll start small and see how it goes. Who's with me?

Go black!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I might be able to do that today. We have some people over and instead of junk we got a veggie tray. I can't make myself eat veggies like for lunch and I don't like many cooked veggies but if they're raw, out on a tray I nibble nonstop. I've gone over my calories by almost 200 but it's because I've been stuffing my face with raw baby carrots and cherry tomatoes so I'm not gonna worry about it.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Yep, got 'em in today for sure. Nice challenge!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Batman is in
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Good challenge Laura. I am on the Purple Team and can't get no one to say anything on my posts. I am looking for my leader but she must not be on here. No one has any ideas I don't guess. Keep up the good work!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    great idea Laura! Sometimes I just plain forget to eat the veggies.

I found this web site which is really cool!

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/

Good luck all you darkside ppl....

dodododododododo BATMAN!!

:glasses: Black Team Rocks!
  • arewethereyet
    1 small apple
    1 small banana
    1 cup of lettuce* and
    1/2 cup of other vegetables
    6 baby carrots
    1/2 large sweet potato and
    1/2 cup of green beans
    16 grapes
    1 cup of lettuce counts as 1/2 cup of vegetables

These represent 1 serving
  • BrandNewLaura
    Good challenge Laura. I am on the Purple Team and can't get no one to say anything on my posts. I am looking for my leader but she must not be on here. No one has any ideas I don't guess. Keep up the good work!

Hey Renae...sorry about your teammates, but you can pop in our threads any time and follow our challenges...don't just lose too much weight...otherwise you'll beat us! :wink: Just kidding, girl...keep doing what you're doing...you can do this...and now that you're on my friend list, we can keep each other motivated. I personally challenge you to eat all your fruits and veggies today...I know you can do it!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Thank you very much! :happy: I know I can do this and I will sure join in on you and your fruits and veggies challenge!! I just finished breakfast which wasn't much but I am content so I stopped there. I plan on getting this one done right!! Lucky for me I love fruits....more than veggies of course but it's all good. Good luck to you and I am gonna lose lots of weight so I can beat you.....:devil: LOL!!!:bigsmile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    1 small apple
    1 small banana
    1 cup of lettuce* and
    6 baby carrots
    1/2 cup of green beans
    16 grapes

ALL OF THAT AT ONCE IS ONE SERVING? MY GOD I WILL DIE.

HEE.
  • Your on I love both so should be easy. Good luck everyone:smile: Remember drink your water:drinker: Have a great week.
  • arewethereyet
    1 small apple
    1 small banana
    1 cup of lettuce* and
    6 baby carrots
    1/2 cup of green beans
    16 grapes

ALL OF THAT AT ONCE IS ONE SERVING? MY GOD I WILL DIE.

HEE.
    :wink: Yes and 3 times a day missy!!:angry:
  • arewethereyet
    I added apples to my breakfast! See Laura you are such a good influence!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    I'm up for the challenge. I don't eat a lot of either so that is something that I need to do. I did lose almost 2 morre pounds this week though so go figure!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    This catwoman is in - thanks Laura!! One down - 3 to go...

Nice job on the 2 lbs gone Samantha.. I toast you with water.. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Im in too! I LOVE fruits and veggies so this will be oh so easy for me...piece of cake!:laugh: Ooooops! Oh No She Di-int say CAKE!!:angry::laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Im in too! I LOVE fruits and veggies so this will be oh so easy for me...piece of cake!:laugh: Ooooops! Oh No She Di-int say CAKE!!:angry::laugh:

OK....so we will use the cake expression as in
    this is a peice of CAKE!!

00020292.gif
  • BrandNewLaura
    Ooooh oooh...carrot cake should count! Carrots are vegetables! :tongue:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Come on team, there's lots more people...who else is with me? I haven't had any fruits or vegetables yet, but for dinner I am having a sweet potato, broccoli, and salad...so I'll cover it there. Go black!
  • I had an orange and for dinner will have broccoli and sweet potato then snack I need to go to the store and get more fruit. Were having an eairly dinner since this is new years day. So the snack will be for later. :smile: