Challenge to fellow black teamers!

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I ate more than my three veggies today. I ate broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, and sweet potatoes.
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!! I have easily met this for the day. banana with breakfast, apple during a snack, side salad with dinner and also a side of steamed squash. I think this is one of my strengths though since I love my veggies. I need to focus on portion sizes and sweets. So maybe that will be one of our next challenges. Man, it is so hard to keep up with everyone's discussions on here. That is awesome though, lots of participation!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    bumping this up...I know we have tons more black teamers who might want to join in!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I need to know what y'all think. My husband & I were just having a discusion about potatoes....would that be considered a vegetable or a grain/startch. I'm pretty sure SWEET potatoes/yam are in the veggie catagory (RIGHT, PLEASE?!) but yukon golds don't seem like they should fit there. What do you think?

Yep, I'd count sweet potatoes as a veggie. Here are some more examples:

1 chunk of corn bread
    2 squirts of ketchup
    1 slice of carrot cake
    1 corn dog

Make sure you get your recommended servings!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we went to Dave's parents for supper. I don't know if I hit my serving amount (I didn't have any measuring cups and I'm bad at estimating) but I ate both corn and green beans.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I need to know what y'all think. My husband & I were just having a discusion about potatoes....would that be considered a vegetable or a grain/startch. I'm pretty sure SWEET potatoes/yam are in the veggie catagory (RIGHT, PLEASE?!) but yukon golds don't seem like they should fit there. What do you think?

Yep, I'd count sweet potatoes as a veggie. Here are some more examples:

1 chunk of corn bread
    2 squirts of ketchup
    1 slice of carrot cake
    1 corn dog

Make sure you get your recommended servings!

LOL ... are you SURE you really switched teams Lori? Looks like a mole kind of sabotage to me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I absolutely starve to death if I don't really fill out my meals with lots of veggies, so this challenge is pretty much a
    00020292.gif <-- carrot cake, of course! :wink:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Just had my 3+ servings at lunch...had a Healthy Choice meal with broccoli and cherry crisp in it...2 clementines, and a very large salad. Even if the cherries in the crisp don't count, I still had my fruits and vegetables. For dinner I am having a little piece of pork that is left over with a bunch of vegetables and a salad or something, so I know I have nothing to worry about today!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I made it today with a banana with my cereal, lettuce, green peppers and will have an apple at snack. That doesn't even figure dinner in - I will have definitely made it. This is a great challenge. I like fruits and veggies but really didn't eat them much. Makes me think!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Ooh, this is a good one! Got my 3 in already...had an apple with breakfast, a salad for lunch and a Weight Watchers stromboli with lots of broccoli and mushrooms. Whoo hoo!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Well someone posted a challenge about not eating salt. I believe a few people responded to that one but not many at all. I started posting things last night but still not many responses so oh well. I guess I will take it as it comes. Thanks hun!

I think it may just be that yoru team members are not at a computer, or are with family...or the dreaded hangover!! Monday things will be back to normal!!
    I hope so. I want my team to communicate like yours is. This makes me crazy!! I love having someone to talk to.
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Bumping this up to see who else we can get involved!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Ooh, this is a good one! Got my 3 in already...had an apple with breakfast, a salad for lunch and a Weight Watchers stromboli with lots of broccoli and mushrooms. Whoo hoo!

That stromboli sounds fantastic! Mmmm...broccoli & mushrooms are 2 of my faves! :smooched: :love:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

That stromboli sounds fantastic! Mmmm...broccoli & mushrooms are 2 of my faves! :smooched: :love:

Broccoli is my absolute favorite vegetable...YUMMY! I also love mushrooms with spinach.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I love grilled portobellos! They are SOOOO tasty! The only one in the house that'll eat them with me is my 2yo, though so I don't make them very often. Cooking multiple meals/side dishes for 5 people gets tiring. :grumble:
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    im in woot woot. go black team :happy: . i loooooooove fruit. veggies = :grumble: :sick: :noway: . but i suppose im gonna suck it up and take the ideas i got from everyone on here and try it out :)
  • rklein71
    rklein71 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow black team members. I am in on this challenge. I love fruits and veggies so thait one should be no problem. Good luck to everyone!
  • Teachtheplanet2009
    Options
    :drinker: Now, now. If that were the case, then alcoholic cider should count too. I mean, it's only fermented apples! :laugh: Just out of curiosity, are we competing against the other teams to see which team loses the most each week?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Now, now. If that were the case, then alcoholic cider should count too. I mean, it's only fermented apples! :laugh: Just out of curiosity, are we competing against the other teams to see which team loses the most each week?
    I am wondering the same thing!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I love the fruits and veggie so much though. I mostly eat fruits, veggies, nuts, light dairy, breads, and hummus. I am having a hard time eating all my calories and I am stalling out.

Ohhhh you know what is good? Apple slices with a little dip of Chavrie goat's milk cheese (50 calories per serving). Don't wrinkle your nose at the goat's milk cheese until you've tried it smeared on an apple slice.

Any other ideas on ways to bump up the fruit/veggie intake?

Lynnie
    (Who is happy to be on a team and continuing to come out of her shyness,lol)
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Let me add, again that hummus is a GREAT Veggie dip. Make sure you look in the deli for FRESH don't get the canned it is *icky*. I like the kind that has roasted red peppers in. It's made out of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) so it is a dip that is a veggie (I think?).... does that count as 2? And if it has roasted red peppers in it, does that count as 3? :laugh: :laugh: Anyways it is tasty, and a good source of protein.

Lynnie