Options
    heres my meal plan for the day tomorrow

Morning
    Special K cereal Bar
    & fruit drink

1/2 bananna
    4strawberries
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 organic rice milk & goat milk (total milk is 1/2 cup)
    BLENDED

Lunch
    Ceasar Salad YUM

Snack
    apple & some almonds

Dinner
    brocclli and cheese soup yummmmy
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    heres my meal plan for the day tomorrow

Morning
    Special K cereal Bar
    & fruit drink

1/2 bananna
    4strawberries
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 organic rice milk & goat milk (total milk is 1/2 cup)
    BLENDED

Lunch
    Ceasar Salad YUM

Snack
    apple & some almonds

Dinner
    brocclli and cheese soup yummmmy

Great Meal!!! i need to start eating more of a varietyy of foods like that...i tend to eat the same ol'thing everyday. Right now i seem to be hooked on pita pizza's(thats how im getting my veggies in:drinker: )

Guys,Im such a dingbat...ive been in on this challenge since day one but i haven't posted in this thread:ohwell: I didn't want anybody to think I wasn't 'doing my part' .

GO BLACK TEAM:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Let me add, again that hummus is a GREAT Veggie dip. Make sure you look in the deli for FRESH don't get the canned it is *icky*. I like the kind that has roasted red peppers in. It's made out of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) so it is a dip that is a veggie (I think?).... does that count as 2? And if it has roasted red peppers in it, does that count as 3? :laugh: :laugh: Anyways it is tasty, and a good source of protein.

Lynnie

Ive never tried Hummus but have been so tempted....what brand do you buy? My local supermarket has samples of hummus out all the time. I tried the garlic and somthing and it was ok,way to srtong of a garlicy flavor....haven't tried the roasted red peppers. They have several different brands of hummus there though...im not sure which one is the best?
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Ive never tried Hummus but have been so tempted....what brand do you buy? My local supermarket has samples of hummus out all the time. I tried the garlic and somthing and it was ok,way to srtong of a garlicy flavor....haven't tried the roasted red peppers. They have several different brands of hummus there though...im not sure which one is the best?

I get Garden Fresh Meditterainian. I shop at Meijer's here in Ohio

Lynnie (who is glad to be on such a great team)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I get Garden Fresh Meditterainian. I shop at Meijer's here in Ohio

Lynnie (who is glad to be on such a great team)

Sabra is good and ahhhhhhh Oh Athena!! I also make my own which is super duper easy peasy!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie who is VERY happy Lynnie is coming out of her shell and joining the best team on earth:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Funny, you might not realize how important support really is.

Yesterday around 4 pm I was checking in and logging food. For the 1st time I looked to see what fruits/veggies I had consumed in the day!

I actually ADDED red peppers to my dinner so I would have my 5 for the day!

Go Black TEAM!!

DoDo:glasses:
    Jeannie
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Sabra is good and ahhhhhhh Oh Athena!! I also make my own which is super duper easy peasy!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie who is VERY happy Lynnie is coming out of her shell and joining the best team on earth:glasses:

Jeannie how do you make it? And you might not be glad I am on your team when you realize my scale has not budged for 2 weeks. :grumble: But I am actually going to take a walk this freezing Ohio morning.

Lynnie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Lynnie - here's my link for the hummus I make...or something similar. It is my base recipe & I tweek it a little bit for my liking.

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Appetizers-Snacks/Classic-Hummus.aspx

Jeannie & I are a bit of hummus addicts. LOL There's SO many variations out there!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So far today I've had two clementines, a whole grapefruit (2 servings!), and some mixed vegetables with my Healthy Choice lunch. So I've got 4 in, and will be having some type of veggie for dinner. I am getting ready to head to church, and I will probably take a salad to eat in the cafe before the service. Yay!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Lynnie - here's my link for the hummus I make...or something similar. It is my base recipe & I tweek it a little bit for my liking.

http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Appetizers-Snacks/Classic-Hummus.aspx

Jeannie & I are a bit of hummus addicts. LOL There's SO many variations out there!

Oh I likes hummus....white bean hummus, black bean hummus, red pepper hummus, artichoke hummus, you can make it with tahini, or low fat yogurt, garlic or scallions.....add some chopped black or green olives....italian seasonings or basil....lemon or vinegar....

I have made it so many ways my husband now asks what type of that bean crap I am making THIS weekend!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Jeannie how do you make it? And you might not be glad I am on your team when you realize my scale has not budged for 2 weeks. :grumble: But I am actually going to take a walk this freezing Ohio morning.

Lynnie

Good new Lynnie....Once I signed up the be on Batmans team....I finally broke my plateau!! Laura gave me a hint, I did it and finally today my scale mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoved!:cry::bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    So far.... ME + This challenge=EPIC FAILURE.

I will try again tommorow lol

:bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Dude, I'm right there with you. :noway:

Dinner will be better. I'm making this thing I call Mexican Fiesta Thingy. That's its offical name. LOL I brown beef (or turkey if I have it) with onion & green peppers, add a can of diced tomatoes, about a cup of frozen corn, taco seasoning, finish it off by baking corn bread of top of it. Delicious. I have no idea what kind calories are in it, but it is good & I haven't made it in forever! I should go plug that recipe in now that I think of it.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Dinner will be better. I'm making this thing I call Mexican Fiesta Thingy. That's its offical name. LOL I brown beef (or turkey if I have it) with onion & green peppers, add a can of diced tomatoes, about a cup of frozen corn, taco seasoning, finish it off by baking corn bread of top of it. Delicious. I have no idea what kind calories are in it, but it is good & I haven't made it in forever! I should go plug that recipe in now that I think of it.

Oh Em Gee!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

so this is what I had for dinner and you might think I ate at babybeans house. I take ground turkey mix it with green peppers onions corn diced tomatoes and black beans. We ate it with brown rice and it was only like 200 or 250 at the most.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Oh Em Gee!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

so this is what I had for dinner and you might think I ate at babybeans house. I take ground turkey mix it with green peppers onions corn diced tomatoes and black beans. We ate it with brown rice and it was only like 200 or 250 at the most.

:laugh: Oh Em Gee
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    OH EM GE, SAM! We DID eat together! LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I forgot. Mine had kidney beans in it tonight, too since i was out of black beans & my 3yo was screaming "BEANS BEANS BEANS!" at the top of his lungs. LOL

My calories are beefed up on it b/c I add the corn bread on top of it (milk, egg, Jiffy mix).
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I forgot. Mine had kidney beans in it tonight, too since i was out of black beans & my 3yo was screaming "BEANS BEANS BEANS!" at the top of his lungs. LOL

My calories are beefed up on it b/c I add the corn bread on top of it (milk, egg, Jiffy mix).

Well your last name is BEANS you know...what do you spect
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Well your last name is BEANS you know...what do you spect

Well, there is that. :laugh: Gotta train 'em right!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I ate a 6" turkey sub with lots of lettuce (Yes, that is how I order it. "Can I just have a lot of lettuce?...Can I have some more?...A little more?...Okay, that's good.")

After my workout tonight, I had an apple (because I didn't have enough calories for the fudge round that I really wanted). Oh, and I had a banana today. I had leftover spaghetti for supper. Does spaghetti sauce count as a veggie?