Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I agree with what has been said here but would suggest the following to 'simulate' the illusion of 'spot' reducing:

- Go Low Carb as best you can. if you can even just get the bread, sugar, fruit juices (at least) and alcohol out of your diet that would be a great start.
    - Reducing bread and starch will allow you to lose retained water which tends to reduce the 'belly' fat presentation.
    - some folks will also suggest reducing sodium but it's better to increase potassium relative to sodium while avoiding sugar, hence vegetables over fruits.
    - For morning and night take a tablespoon or so of a good yogurt with 3-6 probiotic 'acidophilus' cultures, stir it in a glass of water or almond milk and drink in the morning and again in the evening. Stay off any anti-biotics during this time. creating a strong gastrointestinal flora environment tends to reduce stomach and intestinal bloating.
    -If you run, or if you can run, add 2-3 "1 minute sprint" intervals to your regular jogging routine. make the sprints 2mph hour faster than your jogging rate. this will tighten the lower abdominals.
    -do I have to mention drink lots of water?
    -For dinner, make a vegetable soup to your taste using some cabbage. If you like a brothier mix, put some of the vegetables (after they are cooked) into a blender and then add them back to the soup stock. you can add chicken or ground beef too. but lots of vegetables. WW markets this a s part of their quickstart program.
    - Invest in a decent cosmetic body tan spray (worth about 5 pounds to the human eye).

-the drop in carbs to say under 100/grams a day, can lose you 5 pounds in the first week. you might lose 2 lbs a week thereafter for a total of 9 pounds over the 3 weeks. the acidophilus will eliminate some intestinal bloating as well (and possibly account for a few pounds on its own if you've been on anti-biotics in the last six months). the tanning spray is a cheap trick but to the eye is worth 5 pounds.

- Go shopping for a new outfit.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You're body decides where it wants to lose the fat, not you!! Sorry!