Trying to lose weight while eating Fast Food and Candy

Options
124»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds since April 10th. I usually eat right around 2000 calories a day, sometime more - rarely less. I eat lots of fruits, vegetables and home-cooked foods. BUT.... I also eat 'treats' of some sort every single day, whether it be a bowl of ice cream, a cupcake, chips and dip, a cheeseburger, pizza or candy. I won't 'diet' and eating 100% clean just isn't for me. Moderation has worked well for me - physically and psychologically.
  • SynthHeart
    Options
    Omg, all of you are just a bunch of food junkies. Everything in moderation? How about heroin in moderation? Fast food is a drug, and it kills you slowly. Why do you think we gain weight? Because the body packs the toxins into fat cells to protect us. Yes, without that fat you'd be dead from poisoning yourself with meats and dairy. And once you stop consuming toxic food, the body cleanses and you lose weight. It's that simple.
  • shexy16
    Options
    I think everyone is entitled to eat whatever they want. I'm not a member of the food police. Someone eating nothing but candy has absolutely zero impact on me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Omg, all of you are just a bunch of food junkies. Everything in moderation? How about heroin in moderation? Fast food is a drug, and it kills you slowly. Why do you think we gain weight? Because the body packs the toxins into fat cells to protect us. Yes, without that fat you'd be dead from poisoning yourself with meats and dairy. And once you stop consuming toxic food, the body cleanses and you lose weight. It's that simple.

We gain weight because we eat too much. Not just fast food, but EVERYTHING.

I eat fast food at least once a week. I've just learned to make smarter choices when I do stop.

Also, nice way to bump a 3-year-old post.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Zombie thread, but well done bumping it with both a heroin and toxins post. Strong first post.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I think anything in moderation is okay I eat alot healthier these days, I do still have the most horrendous sweet tooth!! If you look in my diary today have logged 3 squares of cadburys oreo chocolate and 2 fruit pastles!! Will have 3 more squares tomorrow and more fruit pastles too!! I asked 1 of the gym instructors if fruit pastles counted as 1 of your 5 a day!! She said course they do Steph!! Haha good to know!! :p
  • shexy16
    Options

How about you worry about what you eat? I worry about what I eat? And don't get me started on the topic of addiction. Because I can go on for an eternity - I may know a thing or two about it than you don't.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 37 pounds and I eat a bacon double cheeseburger from Burger King like once a week. FRIES AND ALL!!! Oh the horror.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I eat what I plan on eating for the rest of my life and that includes CHOCOLATE or some kind of sweet every single day. AND, did I say chocolate!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Ok folks, I run the risk of being beaten into the ground but I just don't get how anyone can think they can lose weight while eating Fast Food and Candy.

Um, I don't know. Because I eat fast food and candy and the scale is going down? shrug.gif A better question would be, why do some people think a fast food meal or a candy bar will negate the laws of science?

NOOOOO, ZOMBIE THREAD! :laugh:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO, ZOMBIE THREAD! :laugh:

Darn, didn't even notice that!
  • atdeal94
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. Because of my hectic work schedule and because I really didnt eat anything but chicken nuggets 2 meals a day I would say no its not impossible to lose weight eating fast food and candy. Take me for example who like I said used to eat atleast 2 meals a day fast food or out to eat. Now I am trying to eat 1 meal fast food every 2 days. When you look at my diary you may see that I ate too much fast food for that week but in reality it is not that much for ME. It may be for other people who aren't used to eating out.

It can almost be like a drug addiction. You get addicted to eating fast food to the point that that's all you have a taste for and you know that if you don't eat you will end up in starvation mode. When you become addicted to something you can't just quit cold turkey. For some that may work but for others like me its a long time fitness goal to cut out all of that. Not just a one month long no fast food binge.

In reference to sodas. I used to drink at least 4 a day and now I am drinking 1 a day. To some that is a lot and will criticize your diary because its in there. But people don't know others past history. Going from drinking that many a day to 1 a day sometimes even 1 every other day has been a goal that was reached for me and it was a task. I used to cringe at the thought of having to drink a bottle of water and couldn't even get a whole one down. Now I am drinking 3 to 4 bottles a day no problem. My next goal is to get more water in me a day. I may eventually get to where I drink one soda every other day consistently but for right now I think I am making my way to a healthier lifestyle long term and not just for a few short months to lose weight.

So to answer your question it depends on the person and their past history. If they went from eating fast food all the time to eating smaller amounts then yes they definitely can lose weight.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Zombie thread, but well done bumping it with both a heroin and toxins post. Strong first post.

Haha took the words right outta my mouth!