PET PEEVE ALERT "Include message in friend request" EXCUSE M

Options
124»

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I really AM all that, lol. Not, but really, I do request the 2 seconds it takes to come up with something clever enough to message me. I don't ask for an essay, but it doesn't take more than a few words and taking the time to be clever never hurt anyone...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love friend requests that say "I think we could support each other."

Clearly, you do not know me, and surely don't want me as a friend... :smokin:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have a note saying I want a message. I want to know who people are. I support all my friends a lot, if I don't know anything about you how am I gonna do that and how are you gonna do that for me. You don't point at random strangers on the street and say "let's be friends" you have an interaction, an introduction or something in common with them that is the start of the friendship. Same on here for me.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options

But who will snap the reins on you if you don't eat your exercise calories? I'm willing to fill this void for you, odusglop. No charge! :wink:
  • odusgolp
    Options

But who will snap the reins on you if you don't eat your exercise calories? I'm willing to fill this void for you, odusglop. No charge! :wink:

*LMAO* I'm still in love with you simply because you're so damn cute!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I've asked it before, but I'll ask it again. Why can't you just ignore the non-message-including requests? It seems much easier than including a bit*chy message that many people a) won't read b) can't read (due to privacy settings) c) disregard entirely.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    This is just a pet peeve of mine.
    While reading people's posts, you often see profile pics of very attractive ladies.
    and if you're like me, you click on the name to see the profile.
    I DO NOT WANT TO FRIEND THESE PEOPLE, but I hate it when up front they ASSUME you do and post;
    "I no longer accept friend requests, or
    " please include a message as to WHY you should be my friend"

You know what honey, you ain't all that.

Maybe if you used a real picture of yourself to show you're not a creepy guy hiding behind a creepy picture of a creepy looking puppet, maybe you would have an easier time getting those hot chicks to friend you?
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    on "booty thursday" or "cleavage tuesday" i get more friend requests than i know what to do with.
    every. single. time.

i participate because it's fun and because the people on my friends list are all participants and whatever, but if someone is friending me because they clicked on a picture of boobs or butt, i want to see if they can come up with a decent enough excuse or if they are just up front and honest. it entertains me. i'm not "all that" i'm just curious and easily amused.

that said, if you're looking for someone to friend strictly out of a need for support... keep searching...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    This is just a pet peeve of mine.
    While reading people's posts, you often see profile pics of very attractive ladies.
    and if you're like me, you click on the name to see the profile.
    I DO NOT WANT TO FRIEND THESE PEOPLE, but I hate it when up front they ASSUME you do and post;
    "I no longer accept friend requests, or
    " please include a message as to WHY you should be my friend"

You know what honey, you ain't all that.

Maybe if you used a real picture of yourself to show you're not a creepy guy hiding behind a creepy picture of a creepy looking puppet, maybe you would have an easier time getting those hot chicks to friend you?

BWAHAHAHAHA :) That made me chortle :)
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I let people know off the bat when I FR that I'm a stalker and I'd like more people to stalk. It works out most of the time ;)
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'VE BEEN DENIED A FRIEND REQUEST ONE TIME. I LAUGHED AND HEARD CHI CHI RODRIGUEZ IN MY HEAD "NO ONE IS SO RICH AS TO THROW AWAY A FRIEND " I ACCEPT EVERYONE. WE ARE HERE TO LOSE WEIGHT AND SUPPORT EACHOTHER. WHY NOT REACH OUT AND MAKE A FRIEND WHO HAS AN AWESOME PROFILE PIC OR HAS A FUNNY BLOG SO YOU ADD THEM?
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I let people know off the bat when I FR that I'm a stalker and I'd like more people to stalk. It works out most of the time ;)

sadly it does!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I can see why a simple message is a good thing. There are lots of creepy people on this site. Even I want to see a message of some sort. On the few times I've sent a friend request, I take the quick 30 seconds to type something out. I used to accept with no messages though. It's just a preference I guess.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just sent all of you a friend request... with no message. lol
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I an understand both scenarios!!! lol
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have sent a few requests as a response to "I need friends to support me" requests... I always send a note though, and I do try and be supportive. I am new here, so I am not up on all the rules.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options