Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I will stay on track this weekend...I will stay on track this weekend...C'mon, say it with me! I will stay on track this weekend...

Hope you all have a wonderful, non-track jumping weekend!!!

I for one have done really well all week, and I'm refusing to be derailed just because the days start with S...

I agree with you!!! The weekends are the hardest and I don't want to jump off the track this weekend!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I jumped ship today but only just a little (okay.. a lot.. but actually with my workouts I didn't go over.. but I came REALLY close!). I have full plans to stay on track this weekend, work it out , sodium cleanse etc. Hopefully my day wont hinder me too badly.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hi all,

I started my workouts again yesterday and got up early like I used to. It felt great and my outlook that day was positive and things seemed different. I've put up signs near my desk at home with motivation phrases for inspiration. I know I can do this, this is just a matter of having my head in the right place.

I know exactly how some of you guys feel with having to work and then come home and want to take care of your toddler and the house. I'm looking for a time during the day where I can have some time to myself and kind of sit still in the silence of the morning, while everyone is sleeping and relax. Also, working out helps me have some time for myself. I know it's hard, but like someone mentioned here, it makes me feel better that some of us are going through this at the same time.

I'm getting ready for my day at church and today is my exercise day off. My challenge will be eating low calories since I won't have exercise calories. I feel like eating a tuna salad for lunch and then tacos for dinner, to keep low on carbs.

have an awesome day all!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I have been a huge slacker all week! So for the challenges I've done fine with veggies, but I have not exercised at all for the last 4 days, yikes! To be honese I think my body just really needed the rest. I've been feeling both physically and mentally exhausted lately and was really starting to struggle to push myself through a workout. But today I'm feeling motivated again and ready to get back at it. I think I've eaten okay, at least at a maintenance level, so as long as I stay on track this weekend I think I will be fine for the weigh in.

Hope everyone has a fun and healthy weekend!
  • lisalosesalot
    Options
    Hello ladies....I just joined mfp....is it too late to join your group? Would love to have a challenge.

SW: 191

GW: for challenge...170
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It is definitely hard to exercise with children...I have one 3 year old...and it can be hard with even just one. I just do it anyways while he runs around, lol...or put him on a movie, I try to get him to exercise with me but he loses interest, lol. When I'm doing very challenging exercises, it can be stressful with him running around because I'm trying to focus. I know that if I don't carve out the time though, I will suffer. Lately, things have been stressful here too, I'm struggling with some life decisions right now and school is driving me batty along with other demands. On a happier note, I went to my secondhand store yesterday and bought some cute tops and size 10 pants...I seriously have no winter clothes! My sweatshirts that were tight last winter fit now, but now they just make me look frumpy. Thank goodness for this store I found...I bought some New York and Company black pants, a ralph lauren top, and two other tops for $40...I think that's a good price!
    TOM is here for me too so my weight has been fluctuating...I should be happy to be in the 150's but dang it, I know my goal and I want to reach it, and like Stacy mentioned the other day, it seems like I'm always gaining and losing these 5 pounds...
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies....I just joined mfp....is it too late to join your group? Would love to have a challenge.

Welcome to the group, Lisa! We're always happy to have people join us :bigsmile:
  • jessicamarie81
    Options

Welcome to the group!!
  • Tissues
    Options
    It is definitely hard to exercise with children...I have one 3 year old...and it can be hard with even just one. I just do it anyways while he runs around, lol...or put him on a movie, I try to get him to exercise with me but he loses interest, lol. When I'm doing very challenging exercises, it can be stressful with him running around because I'm trying to focus. I know that if I don't carve out the time though, I will suffer. Lately, things have been stressful here too, I'm struggling with some life decisions right now and school is driving me batty along with other demands. On a happier note, I went to my secondhand store yesterday and bought some cute tops and size 10 pants...I seriously have no winter clothes! My sweatshirts that were tight last winter fit now, but now they just make me look frumpy. Thank goodness for this store I found...I bought some New York and Company black pants, a ralph lauren top, and two other tops for $40...I think that's a good price!
    TOM is here for me too so my weight has been fluctuating...I should be happy to be in the 150's but dang it, I know my goal and I want to reach it, and like Stacy mentioned the other day, it seems like I'm always gaining and losing these 5 pounds...

thats how I am Jess.. I know its really important to carve time out to exercise.. in the end it does benefit me, I just get overwhelmed with it all sometimes. and hooray for size 10's. I'm thinking we'll all break through our 5lb plateau's for Christmas..lol. it will be our gifts to ourselves.
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I will stay on track this weekend...I will stay on track this weekend...C'mon, say it with me! I will stay on track this weekend...

Hope you all have a wonderful, non-track jumping weekend!!!

I for one have done really well all week, and I'm refusing to be derailed just because the days start with S...

I agree with you!!! The weekends are the hardest and I don't want to jump off the track this weekend!

I confess that I got off track already. We went out to eat and had chinese food for lunch. When I posted it on MFP I was shocked at the number of calories I just wasted on one meal! I used to eat like this all the time without any idea of what I was doing to myself. Big wake up call. Now I just have to make sure to get some exercise in today to burn it off.

I've been doing well with the veggies, getting at least 1-2 servings per day. I love salads!
    As of this morning I've lost 7.6 lbs this week! Incredible! I would never have thought it possible.
    Good luck everyone!
    Opal

SW: 180
    CW: 176.6
    GW 11/22: 169
    GW: 140
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

I confess that I got off track already. We went out to eat and had chinese food for lunch. When I posted it on MFP I was shocked at the number of calories I just wasted on one meal!

Tell me about it! I went to a sports bar to watch college football today, and I got a turkey wrap... I knew it wasn't going to be "healthy," but I was SHOCKED when I got home and realized that it was basically all my calories for the day. I guess I'm just going to have to take a hit today, but I was really disappointed about that.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    had a pretty good week despite the stress. Gonna pick up my new 8 lb weights and do a little strength training while I hang with my family and listen to the red sox v. rays game.

Got my hair trimmed today. Growing it out to donate to locks of love and it's really long now, but I'm going to wait just another couple of months before donating it because I want to be able to have it still be pretty long after cutting it. Afterwards I went to my favorite consignment store (it's right next door) b/c I had stuff to sell and found 2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts that I just loved! The pants are size 10 and size 8 and the 10's a little on the loose side and the 8s are just right. It feels so good to be able to buy clothes size 8 and 10, there are so many more choices and it feels good to wear those. Looking forward to being a true size 8 before the end of this challenge.

Now off to rise to meet Jess's challenge and do some strength training!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I did get to the gym today and that felt great. I don’t have kids or many responsibilities. I give people so much credit for fitting in their exercise. I am feeling that my body is retaining water….sodium really seems to effect my losses. I had a cup of green tea (decaf) last night and I am having another tonight….just trying it to see if it helps. I found that today, my lunch was too big and I added an afternoon snack. Once I went to the gym, I felt much better and more in control. When I think of this challenge I realize its not a lot of time and my weight loss is so slow that I need to be serious. There is not much “wiggle” room in my food plan. Going out to eat can really be tough, especially if I haven’t checked out the restaurant ahead of time.
  • jessicamarie81
    Options
    Stacy, what a wonderful christmas gift that would be! I'm actually looking forward to the holidays this year, I feel much more in control than ever, I know I won't feel like I've overindulged and I won't have that miserable "stuffed" feeling afterwards...and I won't dread the holiday photos that usually commence as much as I did last year...last years pics around Christmas are what really got me to join MFP.
    Olivia, that's so sweet of you to donate to locks of love! My hair is pretty long too and when I get a cut I'd love to be able to do that too! I really can't wait until I'm a true 8 as well....some size 10 pants I tried on yesterday were pretty loose! I was going to try on some 8's but I had my three year old with me, he's not big in the patience department! My tops were medium though, so excited about that. It seems my tummy area is the absolute last thing to melt off of me!
    About the chinese food, yes....the calories and especially the sodium are so surprising once you log it!! I know, I rarely eat chinese anymore and that used to be an all time favorite! It seems anytime you eat out, even when you think you are getting the healthiest thing on the menu, it is shocking when you get home to log it and you find out the sodium count is sky high! If I know I'm going somewhere to eat out, I usually check the database here first, it's so helpful, or the restaurants nutritional page on their website...but sometimes life is unpredictable!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all, This challenge week has been a real struggle for me. Didn't get to the grocery store, and totally went off the plant based plan. I can honestly say that I really missed have my meat, and feel like my energy level suffered as well. So I guess I will have to come up with plan B and try to move forward. Up 2 lbs so I better figure it out soon. I am so close to my goal that I feel I should go back to what was working. I really need to buckle down.

Enjoy you Sunday ladies!!
  • helena98
    Options
    Life's been crazy! I went off track on Friday and Saturday, due to my uncle's funeral 3 hours away that I needed to attend. I also interviewed for a job on September 6th and just got a job offer on Friday! I'm pretty sure this is the very first time I went job hunting, only applied for one job, and got it. I'll be working in student affairs at the University of Utah's School of Medicine, advising MD students from orientation day to graduation. I'm SO, SO, SO excited!! However, I've been a stay at home mom for over 6 years, so going back to work will be a BIG adjustment. I'd like to believe that the weight will just melt off cuz I won't be sitting in my kitchen and grazing all afternoon, but we'll see. Here's hoping I can also stay on top of our group's updates with my new schedule! I won't be starting for another week, so I've got a few days before life as a career mom begins again.

Excited and nervous at the same time....
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Life's been crazy! I went off track on Friday and Saturday, due to my uncle's funeral 3 hours away that I needed to attend. I also interviewed for a job on September 6th and just got a job offer on Friday! I'm pretty sure this is the very first time I went job hunting, only applied for one job, and got it. I'll be working in student affairs at the University of Utah's School of Medicine, advising MD students from orientation day to graduation. I'm SO, SO, SO excited!! However, I've been a stay at home mom for over 6 years, so going back to work will be a BIG adjustment. I'd like to believe that the weight will just melt off cuz I won't be sitting in my kitchen and grazing all afternoon, but we'll see. Here's hoping I can also stay on top of our group's updates with my new schedule! I won't be starting for another week, so I've got a few days before life as a career mom begins again.

Excited and nervous at the same time....

Congrats! As a recent med school graduate, I can tell you that the student affairs people are some of the best resources I had. :)

Additionally, I noticed a HUGE (positive) difference in weight loss when I started working because I was much busier during the day, and one of the best ways to burn calories is to stand instead of sit. Good luck to you!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Helen... Congratulations on the new job.

I had a good day today...lots of activity and I got in my weight training class this morning. I feel good...I am really looking for a good drop in numbers. I know I shouldn't over focus on the scale but it is so slow!! The challenges really help me do something everyday. I am really focused on getting in the vegetables and doing some strengthened work every day. I can see the benefits of being in this group...Thanks for organizing it!
  • Tissues
    Options
    blew my weekend today... I bought a new kitchenaid mixer (which I'm in love with) and I ended up making cookies and brownies, and.. yea.. blew my weekend.

I'll try and cleanse tomorrow (at least the sodium I ate today) and hope for the best on Tuesday morning. Maybe if I do LOTS of exercise between now and then it'll equal out..lol
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm down 25lbs total now, I'm so excited.....forgot to login this week. Hubby just got home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan last Thursday so life has been crazy. :) But he's on board with being supportive and helpful to keep up my weight loss. We've started taking walks in the evening together to unwinde and have some alone time. :) It's been great, and helping me to stick to my goals!!!

I promise to better this week with checking in!!! :)