Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well I'm certainly glad to hear I'm not the only one who has experienced this kind of thing with food at work, thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with it!
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just noticed my weight was not put on the chart last week probably because i was a day late. There was no loss for me last week so I was still at 304 between tom and stress etc no loss lol .. Hopefully Nov 1st will be different !
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I know I've been MIA but I want to get this posted a, before I forget, and b for our friends that are on an opposite time zone. :glasses:

******Challenge Week 11/1*********

since its getting super cold (and even snowy some places.. .not in CA where I am.. but somewhere. :wink: ) we need to learn how to take up our exercise INDOORS! for me, i'll be reuniting and blowing off the dust of my beloved treadmill this week. If you don't have a treadmill, better dust off that workout DVD and get moving! I will be doing both as both my treadmill and Jillian DVD's have been collecting dust for a few weeks. I'm shooting for a 2500 calorie burn this week (or more, but since i've been out of it I think 2500 is more doable than the 3500).

and with the cooler weather I have been MAJORLY slacking on my water intake, so lets focus on drinking 8-10 glasses of water/day and replace one vice with a veggie this week per meal. my vice... potatoes.. I will be replacing my starchy goodness with something green!

Have a great week! lets ROCK it!
    :devil:

oh and Have a safe Halloween! stay away from the candy bowl :sick:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So I have good news and bad news. Completed my first 10 mile race in 2:07.42 on Saturday. I felt great - maintained the same pace all the way thru - except I ran the last mile faster cause my lungs weren't dying yet.

Bad news - last week was a vacation week and I ate out ALOT. The scale reading this morning was WAY up. Guzzling water today hoping it will help for the offical weigh in tomorrow.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    So the challenge is to learn how to take our exercise indoors since it's getting cold out. Well, I took my exercise indoors but it was actually colder inside than it was outside! Can you guess where I went/what I did? ..... I went ice skating!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Checking in......Last Week 145.2

This Week 144 Down 1.2

Have a great week!!!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    154.2 this week, I think that's down a smidge and I believe that's my first two weeks of loss in a row for the challenge! lol, better late than never!

Oddly, I was planning to do something very similar for my challenge week next week so I will have to come up with something else! But for my exercise I will be finishing up my 4 week yoga routine and I think I will start it again as I really enjoyed it. For food I will replace cheese with avocado (although I'll have to get to the store!).

Ice skating, what a great idea for exercise! May need to look for rink around here....
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I love the challenges for this week !
    I lost another pound this week to be checking in at 184.0 this week ! That makes me 52 pounds lost since January . I still have along ways to go but i am excited for the progress that i have already made so far !
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I'm checking in at 174.6. It is the same as last week. I had been down to 174 but just noticed a gain this morning. So frustrating. I am continuing with the C25K program and running it on a treadmill indoors so this week's challenge is perfect for me. I had been slacking on the water so I will be concentrating on drinking all my water this week.
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight on September 6, 2011: 158.4lbs
    Goal Weight by November 22, 2011: 143.0lbs

Week One on September 13, 2011: 156.4lbs
    Week Two on September 20, 2011: 154.8lbs
    Week Three on September 27, 2011: Didn't weigh in. TOM.
    Week Four on October 4, 2011: 153.0lbs
    Week Five on October 11, 2011: 151.8lbs
    Week Six on October 18, 2011: 150.6lbs
    Week Seven on October 25, 2011: 150.4lbs
    Week Eight on November 1, 2011: 147.4lbs

Loss of 3lbs after almost no loss last week. I think it's because my TOM is over so I had the weight from last week to lose as well. Only 3.4lbs away from my goal for this challenge!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    CW: 182

Hello all,

I did okay this week considering I went camping and got caught up in a snow storm and had no easy access to water and lost power and heat. So...I just ate extra because of the stress. Totally understable and ready to move on. I lost 1 pound and am proud of that.

hAVE A GREAT DAY AND DON'T EVER GIVE UP!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week. I slacked off majorly last week, my husband is leaving tonight for 10 days so my plan is to hit the work outs hard and eat under my calorie goal everyday that he is gone. He likes really wholesome meals and I could eat a salad and be ok with it. So light eating for me to see if I can kick a few pounds while he is gone.

I actually did not eat one piece of halloween candy last night as I was running around till 10 getting stuff ready for him. I was also cooking for 12 men that are going hunting with him. Needless to say I did not even have a second to eat a piece and am sending the remaining with him tonight so no temptations there :)
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    weigh in at 143 even this morning.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    11/1 weigh in 191 no change. TOM. Next week I am determined to meet my goal, only 1 lb away. I like the challenge, I to have been slacking on the water because of the cooler temps. I think I will add a little time on my treadmill each day to my 30 DS.
  • jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    Weighing in at 128.4 this week, barely a loss, but something...
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    weighing in this week at 158.5 another itty bitty loss. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    H4H SW 156.2
    9/13 154.6
    9/20 153.4
    9/27 153.0
    10/4151.2
    10/11 150.6
    10/18 151.2
    10/25 148.4
    11/1 148.8
    H4H GW 150 (met 10/20!)

up 0.4 this week--I think I have finally entered the "bounce around for the final 5-10 lbs." zone. We had a potluck at work last night, and I indulged in more sodium-filled foods than I probably should have, though calorie-wise, I did pretty well. I'm dog-sitting my DD2's Border Collie this week, so she's getting me outside for playtime and yard work.
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW MFP JUNE 21ST - 208 LBS
    SW CHALLENGE - 189.2 LBS
    1ST WEEK - 188.8 LBS
    2ND WEEK - 184.8 LBS
    3RD WEEK - 186.8 LBS
    4TH WEEK - 183.6 LBS
    5TH WEEK - 184.8 LBS
    6TH WEEK - 180.8 LBS
    7TH WEEK - 184 LBS
    8TH WEEK - 184.2 LBS
  • vcmete222
    Options
    No change for me this week. I guess I should be thankful for that because it could have been worse with how overboard I went this weekend! Stupid Halloween.... it wasn't even the candy this year, it was parties and rushing my son around and eating fast food for dinner. I feel like a broken record, but I am going to break into the 130's next week!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    9/06 SW: 198
    9/13: 198
    9/20: 199
    9/29: 198
    10/4: 198
    10/11: 197
    10/18: 197
    10/25: 199
    11/01: 199