Has MFP caused problems ...with ur partners/spouse ?

Options
124»

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    That level of jealous in a partner would result in a breakup. I don't do that.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    No, I cause the problems... MFP is just he conduit! :wink:
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No it hasn't, but IMO if you have a partner/spouse you shouldn't be on here flirting anyway. If that caused problems then it's your own fault!!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My husband teases me. By saying things like "if you spent as much time working out as you do on mfp, you'd be at your goal weight". But he's not jealous about what I'm doing on here.
    I am an open book. I make sure I don't do anything I wouldn't want him doing. So to answer your ?? NO it hasn't caused problems in our relationship.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    No, I cause the problems... MFP is just he conduit! :wink:

Coming from you...this does not surprise me. LOL
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    However, OP, I think that if I had your profile picture (lovely pic, but maybe a bit on the sexy side), friend list (mostly men...lots shirtless) and posts (including topics such as big boobs, MFP crushes, and the possibility of falling in love on MFP), he would have been pretty jealous....and for good reason.

^^^THIS ^^^

vvv AND THIS vvv
    Wait a minute, Katya. Pump your brakes. I just read each and every one of your VISIBLE posts. I see why the man is angry/insecure. You give GOOD REASON for him to be....and I'm a woman with no need to trust you. But when you post things about hooking up on MFP, yet you get defensive because someone asks for you to give him access to your account (which alerted me to some guilt), no one is being judgmental. Maya Angelou always said....if a person shows you who they are, then you should believe them. Well, it ain't looking good for you, sister. IJS. You don't have to like me or be my friend, but just being blunt, you should probably tone it down a bit, sweetie. It seems to me that MFP is not causing problems with your spouse. You are. And it could be that he is still insecure, but what you are doing is not helping.

OP: You can't get defensive and whine about your SO getting jealous when you're messing around behind his back. Sure you may not be cybering with cowboys, but clearly your behavior is inappropriate enough to cause relationship strain. If he's anything like me, he's going to be even more pissed off when he finds out that you're still doing it and hiding it from him.

Reap what you sow, cupcake.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    The only "problem" it caused was I realized I was telling everyone here of my success, meanwhile my fiance had no idea when I lost weight, when I fit into something differently, etc. So now I just make sure to tell him everything I tell you guys :)
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    No, my husband is on here with me!
    If he does feel insecure, maybe let him get on your account?
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I hope you figure your situation out and can continue to be on MFP as part of your journey!