Two Hundred Sit-Up Challenge, Jan 2009

Options

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Today for me was week 3, day 3, level 3
    at least 45, I did 55
    This challenge is easier for me than the push ups. I will probably pass myself by on weeks.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    :noway: I forgot to do my sit ups today! I will try to get them in tonight or in the morning!
    MM
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    my initial test was 120, so I started on week three in the third column.

Set 1-- 21 did
    Set 2-- 27 did
    Set 3-- 21 did
    Set 4-- 21 did
    Set 5-- max (at least 30) I did 70, then the little guy woke up screaming so I had to stop
  • keiko
    Options
    Good Monday Morning! I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for a new week of Challenges!

wlhanisch, WOW 120 on your initial test! That's crazy! You'll be doing 200 in no time!

Me, I'm on week 4 (I've caught up to myself on the pushup challenge)
    Day 1, level 3
    at least 48, I did 50.
    I could probably do more but I'm working on my form and making sure I hold for that 1-2 sec so I get a good workout. I have not done crunches or any kind of situps in years. I quit when I started to do pilates.
    :happy: Crunching!
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow... that smarts!

Just took my test, and got through 50 good ones... I'm going to join this challenge if y'all don't mind... :glasses:
  • keiko
    Options
    We'd love to have you join us Mr Happy! The more crunchers the merrier!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    whl, good job on your test!
    Keiko, looking good girl!
    Welcome to the challenge Mrhappy!

So I totally skipped last Friday and I didn't test this weekend either. I went on to week 4 day 1 level 3. I was starting to feel it on the last set. I still have more to do when I do Shred! :grumble:
    50 (min 48)
    See you all on Wednesday!
    MM
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I just printed up the plan for myself. Gonna test tonight. I don't feel very good about this. lol
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    Are we posting our test amount or just reps? Maybe i should read the post! lol
    Ok I read.....I did a lot better than I thought I would....I was reading the lowest rank and figured I'd be well under that.... but I got in 50. I probly could have pushed a couple more but I like round numbers....OCD!
    Editing again..... just got the whole family doing sit ups! Great fun!
  • mrhappy
    Options
    :glasses:

Ok; just got home from yoga, all loosened up, so I started tonight.

Level 3, Week 3, Day 1

Now I am going to hibernate...
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday.
    I did level 3, week 3, day 1

at least 30, I did 30
    :smile:
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    im gonna get started on this today but i have to admit when i seen the final week it kinda scared me . I did 50 on intial test but having to do 105 min after already having done the previous sets hmmmmmm . I don't know guess we will see. LOL.
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I'm going to do 4 sets a week instead of 3, like I'm doing with the couch to 5k. It's just for my peace of mind, to know I'm ready before I up the anty.
  • keiko
    Options
    Jocelyne, I did not look ahead! That probably would have scared me!
    Today for me was
    week 4, day 2, level 3
    at least 54. I was having a counting moment. I know I did at least 54 but I think I did more. I should not listen to silly talking on the radio when I'm counting.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I know it says to wait a few days to let your stomach rest after the initial test, but I couldn't resist. So I tried to do my Week 3 where it told me to start......ha ha ha ha
    I got the first 2 reps and that was it!
    Guess I'll wait like a good girl now.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Jocelyne, don't be scared about the last week. Once you get there you will be ready for it..or at least close to it! I've been doing the hundred push ups challenge and it looks scary if you look ahead but you eventually build up. :smile:
    Trltampa, some times I do a test and then count that as my first set instead of what it says and then I move on to set two after that. So you might want to try that if you want to test and then start on that day.
    I did week 4 day 2 level 3. I feel it on the first two sets and then I guess I go numb :laugh: because I don't seem to feel it as much towards the end.
    60 (min 54) Could have done more. Got bored. :laugh:
    MM
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I may wait today then start my real sets tomorrow....give my tummy a chance to rest.
    Besides this flu is catching me so I may rest period.
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    Count me in! I did the initial test and I am in column two! I plan on starting the first day tomorrow!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I am off by a day, but today I did week 3, level 3, day 2

at least 38, I did 40
    :smile:
  • mrhappy
    Options
    Me too; should have done mine yesterday, but here's the results. Week 3, Day 2, Level 3

50 (yeah!)

:glasses: