Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Options
Here we are! We have 25 people in the 1-19 lbs, 28 people in the 20 - 25 lbs, and 20 people in the 26 or more lbs. We have quite a group! I truly hope that we will motivate and support each other, along this 16 week journey, to a better us!

Please remember to post your weigh in on Mondays before noon (PST) with some form of this:

09/05:
09/12:
09/19:
09/26:
10/03: <<<mini goal weight>>>
10/10:
10/17:
10/24:
10/31: <<<mini goal weight>>>
11/07:
11/14:
11/21:
11/28: <<<mini goal weight>>>
12/05:
12/12:
12/19:
12/24: <<<challenge goal weight>>>

BifDiehl - You are the only one that is looking to lose a little, and maintain, and that is why you ended up in the group you did. I hope that will be okay with you. You might not be the biggest loser of the week, or lose the most, but we will definitely be cheering you on as you are in this last part of your journey and then trying to grapple with maintenance!

I'm not going to give a challenge this week. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself and definitely comment and support each other. Here's to all of us!

TheStart.jpg
TheStart1.jpg
TheStart2.jpg

Replies

• jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Kristen - What a great HHH chart! Thanks for the work you're doing. Let me know if you ever need help with anything. We're off to a great start! Let's do it! I'd love to weigh 20 lbs less Christmas Day. Can't think of a better present for myself! Let's all meet our goal weight!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Kristen The chart looks...ooooo Hubba- Hubba! I know how much work that had to be, Thank you.. I'm looking forward to this group. Jorden
  • Amandajean1105
    Amandajean1105 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looks great! Thank you again for the time that you have already put into this challenge!

I'm 27 and own my own business where it is difficult for me to keep a healthy lifestyle, especially eating habits in the summer time. Business is starting to slow down, and from here on out is where I typically start to lose every year. I started MFP and working out at 220lbs in the middle of July, and hope to gain the knowledge to log my intake and continue with the exercise.

My goal weight ulitmately is 175lbs, which would drop me 36.8 from where I am today. I do not have a specific time range with that because I hope to do it at a healthy rate, and have it become a true habit of mine!

Consistant exercise and planning my meals out will get me to where I need to be!

Thank you again for this group and good luck to all! :bigsmile:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Kristen, thank you for putting the chart together....its awesome
  • cmpettey
    Options
    Thanks Kristen! The chart looks awesome!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    The chart looks great! Thanks so much for doing this! :)

I'm Chelsea. I'm a 20 year old student. I'm studying to be an elementary education teacher. This semester is only 2 and a half weeks in and I'm already beyond stressed! I gained a lot of weight after having my gallbladder out at 16 and being diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Back in January-April I lost 30 lbs. Then I didn't take things very serious over the summer (big mistake), gained some of those pounds back. Now I'm ready to keep working hard toward my goal. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Feel free to add me!
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to all the inspiration and encouragement from this group, I am determined to meet my goal and be Hubba Hubba for the Holidays! :love:

A little about me: My name is Nicole, I'm 26 (almost 27 on Sept 19th), at the end of June I decided to get serious about my health and began tracking everything, even my horrible cheat days. I really enjoy walking my dog Sheldon, we are about a week into the C25K program and I'm really enjoying it. I also use the Wii Biggest Loser Challenge game to get my exercise in.

Good Luck to Everyone! if you're looking for a friend feel free to add me :smile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kristen for keeping this going. You are awesome:bigsmile:
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job Kristen, thanks for doing this.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I fixed the alphabetical in 1-19 lbs. :tongue:
  • yay2012
    Options
    Thanks so much for putting this together Kristen!! I think this might just be the kick in the pants I needed to stick with this site again. All your work is appreciated. Now it's time for all of us to get to work, I guess!!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!! :o)
    Ana
    (yummyravioli)
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Looks great!! Thanks SO much!!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Can't wait to get going on this. Thanks for including me, the chart looks amazing!
  • jek002
    jek002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The chart looks awesome! I am so excited to be a part of this group because it will keep me accountable and on track now that I'm home from college. When I was at school, I had free access to a gym 24/7... not anymore! Right now I'm just doing work out videos at home but I am researching gyms in my area. Good luck everyone and looking forward to keeping up with you all in your journey!

Julia
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Wow! Talk about accountability!! Great job
  • jek002
    jek002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd love to weigh 20 lbs less Christmas Day. Can't think of a better present for myself! Let's all meet our goal weight!

Amen to that! :)
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yay, the group is up and running! Can't wait to meet ya'll and support each other in reaching our goals.

I'm Veronica, 39, married mom of 4 from Alaska, although only 2 of my kiddos currently live at home. My oldest, 23, and only daughter, is still at home, plus my 16 year old son. My 22 year old son is currently in the Army, going to school in Cali, and my youngest, 14, is severely disabled and in a residential placement in Idaho. We are leaving Christmas day to go visit him, and my older son in California will be joining us, so this challenge will take me right up to that time! I work full time as a special education aide in our elementary school, and really enjoy it! Unfortunately, our little town is too small for a gym, and the closest one is in Fairbanks, about 30 minutes away, so hubby and myself work out in our home. We enjoy the time together. Anyways, talk at ya'll tomorrow!

~~Veronica
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    Thanks for doing this,. It will help me stay on track, knowing I am accountable to the challenge.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much kristen. I'm more than determine. My weigh in days will be on Saturdays if that is ok with you.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Kristen - thank you so much for all the work! No easy task!

I am Amy, married Mom to 3 kiddos (5, 7 & 9) & 2 pups (10 & 2). I work a desk job at our 4th Generation family business, and in my previous life (before kids) - I was a Physical Therapist. Love the flexibility of what I do now, but I miss the very active job I used to have (and so does my waistline!)

5 years later, I am still battling that baby #3 weight - I've gotten down to ~174 about once a year, then I lose focus. Last at that weight in February 2010, then stress & putting other people's needs ahead of my own heads me back to the 200's. I started this challenge at 198.6 & hope to lose about 24 lbs (more would always be welcome!)

Can't wait to hear more about everyone. Looking forward to the challenge - feel free to add me as a friend.

Hugs,
    Amy