Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    You know who the real winners in the game of weight loss are? It's the ones who can have 1, 2 or even a few days days where they screw up and don't exercise and eat everything they shouldn't be eating...and then dust themselves off and get right back on track. They are the real winners and I admire them.
    This is my 3rd time at losing weight in the last 4 years. The first two times I managed to get to my weight loss goal both times. But then things/events happened and I gave up and didn't get back on track. The first time it was the Christmas holidays and all the baking/entertaining that goes with it. The second time it was a long weekend away of dining and drinking. Both times I should have forced myself to get back on track but I didn't. I went back to eating whatever I wanted in excess, and not working out at all. No surprise I gained the weight back! And...even when I knew my weight was going back up.....I purposely avoided the scale and tried to convince myself that it was only a little gain...no problem. Huh! Not!
    That's why I'm promising myself that this time not only will I lose the weight I want to lose....but I will work to keep it off for good. Will I have days I eat way more than I should? Sure. I will have days I don't work out either. But I have no intention of gaining back any weight I lose this time around. This time around.....I want to be a real winner.
    So.....for all my Hubba Hubba MFP buddies......don't give up! A few slips up here and there may very well happen.....but just pick yourself up and get back on track! We all can do it!
    You know..I have 2 grown daughters, 3 granddaughters, and I'm a GS leader with 3 troops of girls (2nd graders, 6th graders, and 8th graders). If there is one thing I hope to impress upon all the girls in my life it's that women can do anything they set their mind too! Good luck, everyone!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need a new scale the dial keeps shifting around and it always sets back to 5 pounds instead of at the 0 anyways it reads i'm 196 :(
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I need a new scale the dial keeps shifting around and it always sets back to 5 pounds instead of at the 0 anyways it reads i'm 196 :(

Booo... That would be so aggravating! I hope you are able to get a new scale soon!

I really liked the comments today. I like that people feel that they can share their frustration, sorrow, excitement, etc. and that there are those on here that offer support, encouragement, empathy, and sympathy. And, AmyByExample, your post today made me smile. :happy: "metabolism shock" maneuver and... delicious.

I have got my water in for two days. I've burned 631 calories, so far, and got my sleep in last night. I'm going to bed soon so that I can get the sleep tonight also. That's the harder one, for me. I like to stay up late and don't get the rest that my body wants. My red eyes, lately, have been letting me know that also.

Thanks for the great day today!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    ok everyone---i need some accountablility---i really SCREWED UP this morning.......When I wasleaving work this morning, I stopped in my managers office there was a bigbasket of candy......Well, I thought I will just have one....then i had two, then i went to change, then i stopped by his office again and i loaded up with more...myintentions was that it was forthe kids, but on the ride home---I ate it all.....Then when i got home i had 6 chocolate chipcookies and ice cream......WTH????? I didn't even STOP to THINK about what i was doing or to say NO!!!!!!!!!! How am I ever going to be where I wnt to be and not continue with these same patterns if I don't stop to say no......I feel like an alcoholic ( no offnese to anyonw who is struggeling...just an example)....i am so disapointed in myself...it's hard to forgive and move on.....thanks all---your humble friend...christine

Set small goals and meet them. Then move on. The fact that you wrote it down means you will change it!! You are on the right path. Have a glass of water with me. Cheers
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Hubba Hubba ladies!

Trying to figure out when/what I'm going to do for my workout today. I pick the kids up @ 2:30, then DS9 has a baseball game @ 3:30, and DS7 has swimming @ 5:15.

I think I'll make a Plan A & Plan B

Plan A - once hubby arrives at baseball game, walk around the park/block with DD5 in jogger
    Plan B - while DS7 is swimming - walk with DD5 in jogger
    Plan C - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred after kids are in bed
    Plan D - YMCA after kids are in bed.

Oh poop on a pancake - I just remembered I have to go to a "First Pennance" parents meeting at 7PM - ah well, if hubby can handle things at home, I can always head right to the YMCA from there - I'll already be out & about.

I'll report back on my results!

Jennifer - congrats on the weight loss this week!

Lyn - so well said! I've been down this road before and let one bad event ruin months of hard work - something I don't care to repeat!

Kristen - glad to send a smile your way :) I like to stay up later at night too - it's so peaceful & quiet & I can do what I want... but know I need the sleep more

Lady Persia - love the cheers with water! I'm picturing raising a very pretty glass adorned with a sliced piece of fruit with water inside. Such a cute idea ;)

Have a great day all!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You know who the real winners in the game of weight loss are? It's the ones who can have 1, 2 or even a few days days where they screw up and don't exercise and eat everything they shouldn't be eating...and then dust themselves off and get right back on track. They are the real winners and I admire them.
    This is my 3rd time at losing weight in the last 4 years. The first two times I managed to get to my weight loss goal both times. But then things/events happened and I gave up and didn't get back on track. The first time it was the Christmas holidays and all the baking/entertaining that goes with it. The second time it was a long weekend away of dining and drinking. Both times I should have forced myself to get back on track but I didn't. I went back to eating whatever I wanted in excess, and not working out at all. No surprise I gained the weight back! And...even when I knew my weight was going back up.....I purposely avoided the scale and tried to convince myself that it was only a little gain...no problem. Huh! Not!
    That's why I'm promising myself that this time not only will I lose the weight I want to lose....but I will work to keep it off for good. Will I have days I eat way more than I should? Sure. I will have days I don't work out either. But I have no intention of gaining back any weight I lose this time around. This time around.....I want to be a real winner.
    So.....for all my Hubba Hubba MFP buddies......don't give up! A few slips up here and there may very well happen.....but just pick yourself up and get back on track! We all can do it!
    You know..I have 2 grown daughters, 3 granddaughters, and I'm a GS leader with 3 troops of girls (2nd graders, 6th graders, and 8th graders). If there is one thing I hope to impress upon all the girls in my life it's that women can do anything they set their mind too! Good luck, everyone!

awesome...thank you...i dont know why i also do the same thing....having a bad meal, or day and turning that into a bad month and going off the wagon...this time i also made a commitment to myself and i have logging for 115 days and i see myself logging for life...

have a good day all:flowerforyou:
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow this group is great I love how everyone is very supportive of one another keep it up :)
  • FitJ1210
    Options

This is the BEST!!! It makes my day .....Thanks gmomlyn :flowerforyou:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Totally agree with gmomlyn writing: "You know who the real winners in the game of weight loss are? It's the ones who can have 1, 2 or even a few days days where they screw up and don't exercise and eat everything they shouldn't be eating...and then dust themselves off and get right back on track. They are the real winners and I admire them."

So true! It doesn't matter how many times we get knocked down...all that really matters is that we pick ourselves back up each time and get back on track! We are getting stronger and smarter each day!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Hubba Hubba ladies,

I'm having hard time getting my sleep in for the last three nights, eating wise ok.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Denise's update on the mini challenges...
    a) burn 1500 calories - 809 cals burned since monday
    b) drink at least 5 cups of water a day - monday 18cups, tuesday 16cups
    c) get at least 7 hours of the best quality of sleep you can, each night - monday 8hrs, tuesday 7.5hrs

i love the chatter and support we are offering to each other...please know that i read every post even if i dont personally comment on them...i will try very hard to do better with that....i like to give attention where it is due when i'm involved in a group like this...keep up the great work girls...i'm excited about this week's weigh in since the scale is moving back in the right direction for me...181 monday am - 177 tuesday am - 175.4 wednesday am...here's hoping by monday i have a nice REAL loss to report since i went up to 181 for last week's weighin....
  • jklm
    Options
    When I restarted MFP, I decided to increase my sleep hours after reading the article below. I'm now down 28 lbs and feel much better. I've set my cell phone alarm to "Go to Bed!" and it really helps me to remember to get more sleep. Our bodies need it!

ARTICLE: "Exactly how lack of sleep affects our ability to lose weight has a lot to do with our nightly hormones, explains Breus. The two hormones that are key in this process are ghrelin and leptin. Ghrelin is the ‘go’ hormone that tells you when to eat. When you are sleep-deprived, you have more ghrelin. Leptin is the hormone that tells you to stop eating. When you are sleep deprived, you have less leptin. More ghrelin plus less leptin equals weight gain. You end up eating more and your metabolism is slower when you are sleep-deprived.”

source: http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Yesterday was a no good, dirty awful day of eating. Pizza for lunch, hamburger helper for dinner (it's my husband's favorite, and I oblige him every other week)... no good. I didn't have a formal 'work out' per se. I'm an environmental engineer, and yesterday I was out in the field collecting stream samples all day. It involved hiking and wading in the steam, carrying heavy equipment, etc for about 6 hours. I didn't log it, but I know I burned quite a few calories all the same! :smile:

Today is a completely different day. This is something that I struggle with -- getting past the disappointment of a bad day. But today I have pulled myself up by the bootstraps and set myself up to succeed. I have a great menu planned for the day, my Nalgene is constantly full of water... I had planned on going for a walk at lunch, but a monsoon snuck up on me and it's not going to happen. But I'm definitely going for a walk tonight and I'm definitely doing my calisthenics for another challenge I'm in. So today, and the rest of the days this week, will be AMAZING.

I hope you are all setting yourself up to succeed today and the rest of the week!
  • Christina1090
    Christina1090 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!

I should probably check on here more than I do. I just saw the results! Congrats to everyone--keep up the good work. Off to a great start! One week down...15 more to go :) Keep it up!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Here is our first mini challenge, for week two:

a) burn 1500 calories
    b) drink at least 5 cups of water a day
    c) get at least 7 hours of the best quality of sleep you can, each night

calories burned:856
    water : over 10 glasses a day//there's one day thats over 15glasses
    sleep: at least 8 hours everyday
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have seen this, but I love it (someone here at work shared this with me recently).

hw0lch.jpg

PS--Aiming for my Awesome!
  • jklm
    Options
    kristen - thanks for the great chart, the mini challenges and especially the article about sleep...amazing info!http://thyroid.about.com/od/loseweightsuccessfully/a/sleepdiet.htm
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a no good, dirty awful day of eating. Pizza for lunch, hamburger helper for dinner (it's my husband's favorite, and I oblige him every other week)... no good. I didn't have a formal 'work out' per se. I'm an environmental engineer, and yesterday I was out in the field collecting stream samples all day. It involved hiking and wading in the steam, carrying heavy equipment, etc for about 6 hours. I didn't log it, but I know I burned quite a few calories all the same! :smile:

Today is a completely different day. This is something that I struggle with -- getting past the disappointment of a bad day. But today I have pulled myself up by the bootstraps and set myself up to succeed. I have a great menu planned for the day, my Nalgene is constantly full of water... I had planned on going for a walk at lunch, but a monsoon snuck up on me and it's not going to happen. But I'm definitely going for a walk tonight and I'm definitely doing my calisthenics for another challenge I'm in. So today, and the rest of the days this week, will be AMAZING.

I hope you are all setting yourself up to succeed today and the rest of the week!

There is a fantastic book out there Called " THe precious Present...: it is only about 20 pages and it is FANTASTIC...it totally reminds you to be right here and now........I am so happy you are celebrating your successes----a full nalgene bottle and all the outside work you ahve done.......Keep focusing on those points .....
  • trimformecmb
    Options
    Good evening everyone....
    Thanks again for ALL the support, love and good vibes....

remember----
    " You are braver than you believe, stronger than you think and smarter than you believe..."
    CHristopher Robin to Pooh
    A.A. Milne....

HAve a great night......
  • trimformecmb
    Options
    Not sure if you have seen this, but I love it (someone here at work shared this with me recently).

hw0lch.jpg

PS--Aiming for my Awesome!

THANKS FOR THAT---
    i think that having 2 little girls gives me even more motivation to "be awesome" myself, so that they will always feel awesome and NEVER let someone tell them different......