Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Challenge Goal Weight: 160

09/05: 182
    09/12: 180.6----1.4 lbs lost!
    09/19:
    09/26:
    10/0 <<< goal 176t>>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: < goal 172>>>
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<goal 165>>>
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<goal 160t>>>

HAve a great week everyone!!!!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Had a bad cheat night last night at work because I was rushed beforehand and didn't get to pack my "good" lunch. I'm hoping that some careful maintenance before Monday will repair any damage I may have caused. With Monday's weigh-in, and this being my first challenge on MFP, I would REALLY like to make my ticker move a bit :(
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Having a blonde moment. I recorded my starting weight as 196 for this challenge, and then was up 2.4 pounds from there from ther holiday weekend foodfest. Soooo, I weigh in today ay 194.6 thinking I've lost 1.4 from my start weight (or 3.8 from my holiday weight) and am STOKED!!!! Well, my last weigh in at the end of August has me at 195 . . .1 pound less than I thought I was . . .ugh. . . .so my loss is only .4 . . .
  • trimformecmb
    Options
    Having a blonde moment. I recorded my starting weight as 196 for this challenge, and then was up 2.4 pounds from there from ther holiday weekend foodfest. Soooo, I weigh in today ay 194.6 thinking I've lost 1.4 from my start weight (or 3.8 from my holiday weight) and am STOKED!!!! Well, my last weigh in at the end of August has me at 195 . . .1 pound less than I thought I was . . .ugh. . . .so my loss is only .4 . . .

Every little bit helps........hang in there....
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i am debating whether to go spinning or not????i just feel really lazy today....
  • trimformecmb
    Options
    just do it!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    weighin 145
    injured but still walking at least 5 miles daily
    water intake good

I think I am holding on to water because my body is healing.
  • trimformecmb
    Options
    Alright----any computer gurus out there???
    I cannnot for the life of me cut and paste my ticker for hhh challenge.....
    I followed the directions someone sent earlier and I can't do it.....
    thanks for the help....
    c
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Friday's, imagine my surprise when I got on the scale this morning and was down 4 pounds! I'm in the 220's. I am so excited! I didn't really work out this week, but I was under my calorie goal everyday so I guess that made the difference for me. Hope everyone has a super successful first week!

09/05: 231.3
    09/12: 227.3
    09/19:
    09/26:
    10/03: 226
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: 221
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: 216
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: 210

Nicole
    Awesome!!!
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm still in the process of reading everyone's introductions and all, but this is def a great group. I also love the chart!

Now to introduce myself.......
    I'm 55 yrs old and live in rural NJ. I'm happily married for 34 years now, have 3 grown children who are all married and all have children of their own.....which makes me a grandmother to 10 (3 girls, 7 boys). I'm a retired preschool teacher who retired early to stay home and help out my own children by watching their children for them. I'm also a Girl Scout leader for my granddaughters' 3 troops. Watching my grandchildren on a daily basis, and running 3 troops keeps me busy!

Why I'm here........I went through menopause at 46 1/2. The weight slowly started creeping up on me just before that.....and once I went through menopause it seemed like my metabolism died. I dieted back in 2006 and lost 40 pounds.....only to gain it back within 2 years. Did the diet/exercise thing again back in 2008.....and again lost 40 pounds only to gain it all back again. Which brings me to now. One of my daughters told me about MFP....so I joined and started my diet on 9/1. Once again I want to lose 40 pounds. I did it two other times, so I'm hoping I can do it again. The trick will be to keep it off this time.

To lose the weight for this challenge....I'm eating my 1200 calories a day, and trying to exercise everyday. I have a treadmill and an elliptical bike......but mostly I walk, and I've been doing WATP workouts everyday. I also walk outside when the weather and time permit. It's been really rainy here in NJ the past couple of weeks though. I also have to challenge myself to drink enough water. I am not a water drinker. You know that 8 glasses of water we are suppose to drink a day? So hard for me.

So, our Hubba Hubba first week weigh-in is tomorrow. I also weigh myself on Thursdays, the day my diet started 9/1, as well as Mondays now for this challenge. I was down a couple of pounds this past Thursday. Hope it's the same if not better tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone!
    Lyn
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    just do it!

thanks christine...had a good workout

@lynn...welcome and good luck
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options

The starting weight you gave here was 196. So for our chart, it would be -1.4... Unless you'd like me to change your SW to 195?
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Yesterday's 5K started out grand, then DS9 twisted his ankle & could walk, but not run. Then he was bumming b/c he couldn't run w/Daddy - so he was doing the super slow "pout walk" for awhile. But - he didn't give up & we crossed the finish line at a slow (but finished) 56 minutes.

Today I just had my DD5 w/me - in jogging stroller. She had a few times she wanted to walk at her own pace (frustrating, but I am the one dragging her out) so, today was 46 minutes.

My cousin's husband finished 1st in his age group with 19 minutes - when he got the award all the kids (2 of mine, 3 of his & 3 more cousins) ran up with him & got their photo with the mayor, county Exec & former football player. It was so cute! (we all had matching shirts)

My next 5K will be Momma solo, so I can see what I can do when I'm not adjusting stroller heights to kids expectations, stopping so said child can get in & out.... and negotiating with unhappy children. I have no Idea what time I could get on my own. If I remember right, last time I ran solo I did 38 minutes for the Susan G. Komen (@ 174#'s).

Well - entirely enough about me...

Lady Persia - glad you're taking the time to allow your body to heal. Hope you are back to 100% asap!

Pam - Great work getting that Spin workout in!!

Lyn - Wow! You are busy! So happy you are carving time to take care of yourself in there.

Nicole - Woo Hoo! Down 4#'s!

Susan - Yay on down 1.4!!

Pam & Christine - thanks for the cheers on the race :0)

Julie - So sorry for all you are dealing with! I hope you will have many cherished moments in the weeks & months to come. We are here for you.

Kristin - agree that the weigh in days will help to movivate for sure!

gr8grl68 - yay on the -.4! Anything with a 0 or - is still winning in this game!

Scarlett - good you got right back on track! yay for you :)

Ok, of to plan my meals for this week!

Hugs,

Amy
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    This group is amazing. I did notice most are moms so extra kudos to you ladies.

I am full time college student, 21 years. I have struggled with my weight most of my life, I have the worst eating habits in the world. I hope one day, I will learn to eat healthy and pass that on to my future kids. Right now my biggest challenge is emotional/stress/mindless eating (whatever excuse I choose to use) I read some ladies are dealing with serious family illnesses, I am in the same boat with my mom, she has cancer. But with the graces of the Lord, she will be ok. I have all the time in the world, it's just a matter of getting up and making a change. Great news is that I am sleeping a lot less. I use to sleep 12+ hours a day. My naps arnt as long anymore :) and many times, I have too much energy to even take a nap!
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

The starting weight you gave here was 196. So for our chart, it would be -1.4... Unless you'd like me to change your SW to 195?

No, I'll keep it at 196 since I actually weighed 198.4 on our start date, if that's OK :)

I just want to say that everyone here is wonderful, funny, caring and inspiring (and I haven't even finished reading all the intros yet!)! Thanks for having me as part of this group!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 179.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 163.6

09/05: 179.6
    09/12: 182.4
    09/19:
    09/26:
    10/03: <<<mini goal weight 175.6>>>
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: <<<mini goal weight 171.6>>>
    11/07:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28: <<<mini goal weight 167.6>>>
    12/05:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/24: <<<challenge goal weight 163.6>>>

I way in on Sunday, so here is my weigh in. I'm up 2.8 pounds this week. Some may be do to the swelling in my knee. I'm not letting this get me down. There is always next week..
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Wow so much posting has gone on since I last posted

I hope everyone is ready for the weigh in tomorrow yippee (trying to get excited) I have been doing well all week on exercise and food but I fear that as I am supposed to start my lady time tomorrow might not be what I want

I will try to go back and re-read everything that has been posted....my family (my parents and little sister) are currently in Texas having to evacuate their home ...we believe that it is still standing but all the power lines etc. are down and burnt...and at this time waiting for the assessment from the fire dept/police department on when they will even be able to go and see how their home is

My mom had a mastectomy not to long ago and is on chemo and in her down time ...meaning the bad time and with all the smoke and ash in the air I am rather worried about her and her health (I guess I needed to share lol)

So in a nut shell I am not having a great September but it can only go up from here right....

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. And good luck to everyone tomorrow
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone has been doing well. Sorry I haven't been on to introduce myself, things are crazy around here right now. My name is Alison. I'm a SAHM to 5 kids, 2 boys 15 and 12, and 3 girls 10, 8, and 4. As you can imagine they keep me hopping. I don't have much free time with my kiddos but I'm hoping this challenge will keep me doing well during the holidays (and my anniversary and 3 of the kids birthdays!) because I refuse to go back to where I was this time last year:) I want to keep moving forward and challenges seem to keep me focused. Have a great week and can't wait to see all the losses!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just started school last week so things have been pretty hectic and I haven't been on for a while anyways introduction.

I'm a 22 yr old ft university student. I've always been a big girl since I could rememeber. I always had people tease me about my size or make some snarky comments that were enough to make me feel insecure about myself. I always told myself i'll lose weight i'll lose weight but then a month later completely give up. Finally once I turned 17 2 months before graduation I decided I wanted to lose some weight. I ended up only losing about 10 thinking that was an accomplishment back then. It wasn't till about last October I decided it's time to make a change and then finally at the end of January this year year I seriously started using this app and instantly lost 23 pounds.

I'm very happy with my results so far I never in my life thought i'd be able to lose past 5 pounds. I'd love to lose 30 more in total or until I can get a flat stomach. I want to be able to get pregnant someday and have a sexy bump instead of one that is lost in fat where people have to ask to make sure it is what it looks like. I'd like to for once be the girl guys look at and take interest in instead of always just being the friend. My fathers side also has a history of diabetes and high bp and I don't want to be the next victim.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Monita and I was just reminded that I haven't been on here yet:-) I am 50 years old and trying like crazy to lose weight. I made it down to 149 but wasn't quite sure my scale was right because I just didn't look the way I thought I should look for being in the 140's. So, I took my sorry butt down to my doctors office to get weighed and sure enough, my scale is 10 lbs off. Now, instead of being thrilled to be 149 I'm working on being thrilled for being 159. I'm still determined to be 135 by Christmas though!!! :-)

Well what do you know? My name is Monita too! I'm 43 years old and have been working hard to lose weight this year. In the last 6 years I've had a child, lived in 4 states, had 6 jobs and started and completed my MBA! When I decided on my 2011 goals, I wanted to lose 80 lbs. Actually , I want to look as smart as I am. Well, my work is paying off! I've gone from 297lbs to 254.2lbs (on 9/5), have re-vamped my look and got a new job in which I can finally use my MBA.

I look forward to reading everyon'es success stories and seeing HUGE results!

Monita