Your thoughts on Jersey Shore

Options

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    GUILTY PLEASURE AW YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sure it's silly/stupid.. but i just can't resist! plus, pauly D is nice to look at. :love:
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I have no thoughts on that show! Couldn't even get through an episode! Reality tv is getting sad!

It's always been sad but it brings in the bucks and it is way easier to produce and finance.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    All I know is that I actually live on the Jersey Shore (not that far south), and I don't look or act like that at all. There are, however, lots of North Jersey, Staten Islanders and Long Islanders that come down here, that do look, and act like total morons, just like the people on the Jersey Shore. They are good to get a free drink from, and a laugh... if your laughing at them, but thats about it.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    a couple years ago when MTV was running previews for the show before it came out i thought it was a joke and MTV was mocking themselves for thier idiot shows. little did i know..
  • branflake6
    Options
    love to hate them:) and if anyone in this country or any other think it's the way all Americans or even Jersey people act, well all they have to do is turn on 1 of the 3000 other reality shows and get a totally different irrational opinion.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love Jersey Shore. Not because I support the lifestyle or whatever reputation it's giving Americans, but because it's entertaining. Anyone who denies its entertainment must not have that great of a sense of humor. Each cast member has a unique personality and brings something else to the show. It's simply entertaining, and isn't that what television is all about anyway?
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I f'ing HATE that show..
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Jersey Shore is a perfect example of what is wrong with reality TV.

People seeking notoriety at any cost. The only reality shows I watch are on Food Related. Love cooking shows.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just like Pauly..he cracks me up.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's my guilty pleasure, i think most people know that their behavior isnt whats normal lol, but they are young and loving the lime light, and we get to laugh at their ridiculousness... I wait for Thursday night all week!

The thing is, some of them aren't that young. I was listening to the radio station one day and they had Mike on and he told the DJ he had just turned 30 yrs old. What 30 yr old goes out and acts like they just turned 21? I'm not a fan of this show because at that age they should be a little more responsible!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Tried to watch it a couple times, both times changed channels in disgust. So much good life to live, no time for crap TV.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    jersey-shore2.jpg
  • tscottym
    tscottym Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    setting up soap box....This is why our species is circling the drain. People spend countless hours watching this crap. i would never be friends with any guy that acted like they do or date any girl that had that little repect for herself. It makes me ashamed that people know more about snookie than the government or any other worldly events. (he says as he types on MFP on his computer at work). I have educated friends that watch this. I am also jealous of the fact that these worthless entitled little sh**ts will make more money than i ever will working until I am 80. And how they get their fortune is by acting like an *kitten* on television. But, at the end of the day all i really have to do is change the channel.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know about that show is what I have seen on talk shows. I can't believe they have made celebrities out of these people.
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I'm originally from Pennsylvania, my opinion in general is that Jersey should be destroyed and PA should be given a beach. I'm not a fan of Jersey in general, let alone the TV show. Which I've never actually seen, because it came out of Jersey.

I live in NJ and love it here. I live near the Jersey Shore, and Im sure you must know by now that most of the "characters" on JS are not even from NJ except for Mike. Not everyone from NJ behaves the way those clowns do, we get a bad rap because of it. But hey if you dont want to come here, good. Less crowds on our beaches. :)
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    All I know is that I actually live on the Jersey Shore (not that far south), and I don't look or act like that at all. There are, however, lots of North Jersey, Staten Islanders and Long Islanders that come down here, that do look, and act like total morons, just like the people on the Jersey Shore. They are good to get a free drink from, and a laugh... if your laughing at them, but thats about it.

^^Exactly!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I Love Jersey shore, but it is getting pretty boring they do the same thing every season
  • machinez
    machinez Posts: 25
    Options
    ITT: Jealous people. Snooki is the most talented actress I have ever seen in my entire life.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    ITT jealous people mike the situation has the best abs ever
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I watched this a few times for a laugh but all they seemed to do was go to a club.