Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Chris what an impessive inch loss!!!!

I'm 2.4#'s down but im gonna wait it out a bit n see if i can get a greater loss before breakfast. Just a .2 difference from yesterday, but who knows! I slept horribly last night and i think thats why I'm not as low. Let's go Scale Smashers!!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm up a half pound :angry: With our 1 pound disadvantage I'm not banking on making it through to next week :sad: (unless someone on another team gains a lot, which would be nice but I wouldn't want that for them.)

Oh well, it was a rough week, I'll be sad if I get the boot, but I'm happy my gain was only .5 after the horrible week I've had. :ohwell:

I'm trying to upload the pic, I've had NOTHING but problems uploading EVERY week of this competition :explode:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Awe Katie it's early still, hang in there. Ugh i forgot we have the 1 # disadvantage tho.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Got a little quiet here ladies. I'm up .8 so if anyone goes its gonna be me Katie. BUT after doing some number crunching.... Looks like we have done pretty damn good. One team had almost everyone gain. I think we are safe! I definately did not like the feeling of possible elimination though so I REALLY have to step it up.

Robin, this challenge has already started and isn't over for a while but it's the Fit-N-Trim Challenge and I'm sure there will be another around January I think. There is a Diamond Challenge that goes every month that is kinda nice for accountability (nothing as cool as this challenge) but it might be something worth checking out. They start a new round October 10th so I'd get my request in soon if I were you.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    There was a lot of gains this week so very hard to tell until results are posted! Glad I worked out before I posted my weight. :noway:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Man Faith, I worked my *kitten* of before I posted my weight! It brought me down some but not enought to even pull off a maintain! We are safe though... actually we WON:drinker: Go Scale Smashers!!!

K ladies... Next weeks prizes are frickin' awesome. Kim really knows how to get a person motivated! If nothing else lets just shoot for no gains this week... then no one gets eliminated.

Jessica, any ideas what your gonna choose for your prizes. I think you should definately take the weight advantage for yourself, you earned it lady... You Rocked it this week!!!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Yea I just skimmed it while at the Dr. but for sure that one, but I get 2 right?? hmm.. I'll have to take a lookey!

Decided I'm gonna try gluten free- perhaps it will help me with my issues. Recap- I have an auto immune disease... but they don't know what... fuuuuun lol. I've had issues since February-joint and muscle pain (severe at times but always there) severe fatigue, not able to sleep among other issues. Just very frustrating... He even said "maybe moving to TX is a good thing, weather and Dr. wise, you'll have "fresh eyes" on you"

yea... so a good supply of Naproxen later, we'll see if the gluten free will help! Also going to add Magnesium and Pro-Biotics to my regiment, and possibly a Q-10. Luckily Houston is in the top for clinics as well.

oh yea, YAY SCALE SMASHERS!!! Let's get 'em again next week!!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jessica!! Well done on your awesome loss. I'm aiming for a big loss this week. I have a 5 day weekend so I'm going to try and get lots of exercise in and not go nuts with bad food :laugh: I have sat at this weight for a while now and ready to crack out of the 80's (kg's).
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Awe thanks!

Enjoy your 5 day weekend!! I bet you can get that scale to move in your favor!!
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Super bummed that my earlier post isn't on here! I had a lot to say...hmm must not have pushed the post button or something?!?

Anyway - congrats Scale Smashers! We won EVEN WITH A 1 pound disadvantage! Woohooo!

Faith - I hope you enjoy your 5 day vaca - is it a holiday there? Here it is Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving (haha- I live close to the border and have friends there - any reason to eat stuffing mmmm....)

Jessica - Way TO GO this week! Very impressive with all that you have going on.
    I have considered Gluten free in the past bc of Ulcerative Colitis - but I was tested neg for Celiac and my doc says no reason to. The last Flare up was when I was pregnant - so not fun. Anyway- keep me posted. What kind of doc are you going to? I do hear great things about Gluten Free but it is SOOOOO HARD to avoid it! Salad dressings even hide it...ugghh. I bet there are even forum posts around it here on MFP. I hope you feel better very soon! Also - recognize that it can take up to 5 weeks for the gluten to get out of your system - so you might not see immediate results :sad:

So my goal this week is to add strength training (nothing big) into my routine at least one time per week. By that I mean sit ups and push ups - something I can do with my kids next to me.

Great job ladies :)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Kasi – I guess niether one of us had to worry about elimination! :noway:

Jessica – Congrats again on the loss! You ROCKED it girl! Keep it up! :drinker: I think you should take the weight advantage too, I think that’s the ultimate prize to win in this comp! But, it’s YOUR choice so you go with your gut.

I’ve been SUPER busy at work and at home but just wanted to congratulate everyone – WE WON THIS WEEK! WHOO HOO!!!!!!! TOM is making his way into my life. Yay (NOT!). :grumble: I’ve been SOOOOO hungry! I’ve got tons to do this weekend so hopefully if I keep myself busy so I won’t want to munch as much. “Munch as much” haha that sounds funny. Yes, if you haven’t noticed, I’m easily amused.

Hubby and I are leaving on Wednesday for Seattle. I have to attend a conference for work, and since my brother lives out there, we’ll be visiting him for the weekend. I’ll take my weigh-in pic before I leave, it’ll be super early since we have a 6 am flight (ew!) so hopefully it’s not screwey. The weather here has been beautiful, and it's supposed to stay this way all weekend, so I’m hoping to either run or bike ride so I can actually pull a loss this week. Hoping for the best! :bigsmile:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Awe Anne- a good friend of mine has UC and it all started while she was pregnant. She had her colon removed 2 years ago now (she'll be 26 in Dec) Rough... I'm here if you need anything!!! Yes I'm not excited to start gluten free... I mean.. I'm a chef by trade and spent a year decorating delicious cakes, cupcakes and cookies!!! lol.... not fair. But worth a shot. A g/f of mine on mfp is gonna help me a bit, she also says I should try to eliminate dairy for 2 weeks.... :ohwell: WHAAAT I'm a WI girl...that's more hard for me than the gluten! lol... so here's my plan. I'm gonna try starting today to eliminate the gluten (it's more gonna be bread/pasta.. the obvious ones) b/c man it's a lot to remember to look for on EVERYTHING! Then in 2 weeks I'll eliminate the dairy... then I'm not "shocked"

Katie I'm jealous of your trip to Seattle, what a food meca!! Enjoy, even if it's a bit rainy. Get a cutsy rain outfit!! lol... I really want some rain boots... I'm hoping we get to vacation out there within the next 3 years since my BIL is stations about 10 min away from Seattle... in the NAVY.. :wink: :bigsmile:

Alright gals, let's kick it into high gear. We should the other teams that when you give us a negative (tee hee) we turn it around into a total positive! Any plans this weekend?! Outdoor, indoor, food!?!

Starting tonight I'm babyless and the hubby will be sleeping and then goes into work at 11, so I'll be packing and cleaning... also realized.. I can't (or am not supposed) to drink while on my medication :sad: However... I may enjoy a glass or 2 of wine tonight. Tomorrow FM -- gonna try to ride the bike! The rest of the day is more packing and cleaning- gotta take the pooch for a walk! Hubs will be sleeping probly all day, works again at 11 pm. Sunday- that man owes me a trip to Parnell damnit!!! Probably about 300 stairs with climbing to the tower and then up the tower! We're at our peak for the fall season. That'll help me with whatever we plan to consume for the PACKER GAME!!!! Speaking of if I have time (and patience) I'll be doing Olivia's nails to match mama's!!

Alright get out there and (I'm sorry) GIT R DONE!

Oh yes- I'm sure some of ya saw what I choose for the prizes, I have the advantage and also gave Kim a pass for next week. I can't imagine the stress (and brain fry) of putting this competition together and maintaining it. Plus to come up with the fun stuff she does! I told her it's a belated b-day present. Also b/c I was going to go up to MN next weekend to hang with her and the kiddos... and now cannot. Stupid vehicle registration... we'll get to TX and have to register BOTH our vehicles.... that includes plates, fees and license... I need a "TX fundraiser"... it's getting rediculous!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Jessica - I was there 2 years ago for this conference, but didn't have as much time to explore as I will this time. I'm hoping I don't eat TOO much and come back and get the boot from the comp! :cry: On that note, I'm gonna need everyone to do REALLY well that week to keep me afloat! :tongue: Is BIL stationed at McChord? That's where my brother is stationed (hence why he lives there), he's in the Air Force but they're making all the bases "joint" nowadays - so different branches are now all together. I wish he'd go back to Hawaii so I'd have a great excuse to go back! :laugh: *dreamy eyes* This time last year I was laying on a white sand beach looking out at crystal clear blue waters.....and now I'm in f'n Pittsburgh freezing my @ss off smelling the stench of the three rivers! Bahahahaha :laugh: I'm playing, totally :heart: my city, but it surely doesn't compare to Hawaii! :grumble:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I'm not sure the name- but I know it's across the river or something from Seattle... still HAVE FUN! They have tons of food trucks.. I'm a food truck junkie! I wanna go to the big *kitten* one in Austin too!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    mmmmm.....food trucks! *drool* Think I can find a "healthy" one? :huh: Yeah right! :laugh:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Yes u sure could!!! Lots of vegetarian/vegan and organic options. Im sure not everything is gonna be deep friend on the trucks!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Going camping this weekend so I won't be logging in for a couple days. I'm packing tons of fruits and veggies to try to balance out all the liquor. I'm gonna paintball all day tomorrow so I'll get in some good exercise. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Ishe also says I should try to eliminate dairy for 2 weeks.... :ohwell: WHAAAT I'm a WI girl...that's more hard for me than the gluten! lol... so here's my plan. I'm gonna try starting today to eliminate the gluten (it's more gonna be bread/pasta.. the obvious ones) b/c man it's a lot to remember to look for on EVERYTHING! Then in 2 weeks I'll eliminate the dairy... then I'm not "shocked"

I hear you with the dairy - I was supposed to be off of it for my son but I continually cheat - good news is - only seems Ice cream and straight milk really mess with him - cheese every once in a while is OKAY :) I feel for you - if you need anything let me know. Check out Paleo Diet stuff - no dairy or gluten there.

So you still haven't gone to Parnell TOwer?? Man he does owe you!!!

Katie Seattle sounds great - hope you have fun!!!

Kasi I'm jealous of camping :( Never been paintballing before so excited to hear about it.

Baptism today - prob wont be on again until tomorrow so have a great Saturday everyone!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Kasi have a blast!!

Katie i know its "naughty" but u totally have to hit up Top Pot i belive its called... coffee and donuts:blushing: They've been on Food Network and The Cooking Channel- look and sound awesome!

So... I'm thinking this is going to be a long slow process of getting rid of ALL gluten. I never realized how many items contained gluten. :noway: For now its no bread of pasta (the obvious) and slowly try and take other items out. As for dairy..... Yea thats a other story lol

Got some packing done, my walls are baron :cry: Hubs even washed the trailer... And got him to the farmers market with me! Got a beautiful purple cauliflower, thinkin I'm gonna try cauliflower rice with some curry!

Ugh time to put the hubs to bed... 3rd shifter tonght, poor thing.
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    I'm eager to hear about your journey with gluten free Jessica. Let me know what you think about Cauliflower Rice....

So baptism party over - was great but thank goodness for quick calories - i have eaten soooo much today - just going to say 2000 calories but was prob much more. (Pizza, wings, extra wine, really good cake, tons of appetizers) mmmmmm....Have a great nmight alll...