Rjadams
Healthymomma
Nisijam5
HeatherShrinking
Faithikins
McFatteron
Ronbo123

Ron and Kim I expect you two to kick each other's butts this week :laugh:

4 lushes? in one group oh my. Great to have you all back and welcome to Robin this round :heart:

What is everyone's plans for the week to move the scale. I have had a yucky first day due to being hungover, but I am determined to redeem myself for the rest of the week Sunday roast at my besties will be a challenge. Going out to lunch Monday with a friend as well. I will make healthy smart choices and try to exercise daily.

Let's do this! We do not want a disadvantage for next week! :smokin:

I am hoping I stay in this challenge long enough to hit my goal weight! :bigsmile:

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm glad to be back in this competition! I was in the 1st round, then dropped out of the 2nd......but I'm back! :bigsmile:

My current workouts are Turbo Fire and C25k - I start Week 2 of Turbo Fire today and I'm in week 3 of C25k. I'm running a Turkey Trot with my sister, SIL and some of my sis's friends in VA on Thanksgiving. I did it 2 years ago......this year I want to be able to jog the whole thing!

I've been having plateau issues for the past 2-3 months, but I'm finally making progress. I'm thisclose to weighing in the 160's. I've NEVER seen the 160's on the scale - I'm really hoping to see that in the next couple of weeks.

Now, let's kick some *kitten*! :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sara, the 160's are my goal as well...it's been about 4 years since I have seen them....I'll be doing the C25K as well

Faith, I was in the same boat as you yesterday, I think we all got our drink on with the upcoming comp. I was very, very lazy yesterday. There will be very limited alcohol unless I have earned it somehow. I think that it's called moderation. :ohwell:

Ron, will not be on within the next few days as he is going on a golf trip with some friends. He did the elliptical last night as he states that he's pretty determined.

Challenges: Sept. 15 thru 17th, I will be with lushy family for WI warrior dash. 3 nights of potentially dangerous alcohol filled nights.
    Sept. 30th, my birthday which falls on a Friday which is also my weekend off
    I need consistency!!!! One good week, one bad week doesn't cut in this game
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So I have seriously cleaned up myb eating this week and noooo alcohol. I am going to roller skate this afternoon for a couple of hours and on Saturday I plan to bike for a really long ride.

I am traveling for work all next week so I am challenging myself to take advantage of the no hubby time and to utilize the fitiness capacity of the hotels I am staying in. Eating will be a bit of a challenge but I will try to make smart choices.

Longer term I plan to join a gym when I get back from travel and spend 2 hours a day there instead of planted in front of the computer or TV. As soon as it cools down a bit I can get back on my dreadmill (it doesn't like summer so it will only work for about 20 minutes at a time until it gets back to the 50 degreees outside again)

Last year at this time I was about 148 so I know I can do it. I just have to stay focused.

I am determined!!!!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    I am going to roller skate this afternoon for a couple of hours

Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun! I haven't roller skated in FOREVER!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Roller skating would be fun!!! Less threatening than rollerblading. Hmmm, would be a nice Christmas present for me!!!

Sara, I know that you were working on increasing your protein. Have you ever added protein powder (or, is it, whey powder) to smoothies? I was thinking of doing that but needed some feedback. I already add 2 Tbsp of ground flax see for the omegas & fiber.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle will be just getting back to calculating everything. I was doing really great - almost lost 40 pounds and then tragedy hit and I gained it ALL back... in less than 1 year I yo-yo'd. :grumble:

So I just got to get used to tracking everything again and then I'll take it from there.

Tonight and this weekend is going to be rough. Starting today and through the weekend is our annual bracelet sale at my second job and it gets psycho busy. They cater in lunch because no one gets time to have a break. Usually it is Subway, so it won't be that bad as long as I stay away from the cookies.

Oh yeah, and water. There is this thing called water I used to drink all the time. I'm going to start doing that again...:drinker:

So I think we should kick the Butt Busters this week. :devil: They look easy to take out. At this point, I don't even think they have a thread started. mwahahahah! They are going down! (have I mentioned I love the trash talk?)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Roller skating would be fun!!! Less threatening than rollerblading. Hmmm, would be a nice Christmas present for me!!!

Sara, I know that you were working on increasing your protein. Have you ever added protein powder (or, is it, whey powder) to smoothies? I was thinking of doing that but needed some feedback. I already add 2 Tbsp of ground flax see for the omegas & fiber.

Roller Derby makes a great pair of outdoor quads (thats what you call skates that aren't inline) I love to go to the trail where all the bikes and joggers go along a river. Its nicely paved and I can skate for miles.

I have replaced my dinner with a 2 scoop whey protein shake. about 250 cals depending on what fruit I mix it with. (36g of protein and really yummy. I eat a big healthy lunch and a healthy afternoon snack so this is working for me.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks Robin, I think I will check them out. I actually had my roller skates from 1980 and sadly parted with them a few years ago. They were like Starsky and Hutch ankle skates. God, am I old?

Also, will add the protein to the shake as well. I know the extra fiber is supposed to be filling; but, wanted a protein source to go with it.

Gosh, I've been up since 4A dealing with stress and detox...I miss my drunken slumbers--but, know there will be great sleep tonight.

Ronbo is golfing this weekend with a bunch of guys, I hope that he does well. However, I do not want to be eliminated before him. I am kind of sad that he's on this team. So much pressure!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I am kind of sad that he's on this team. So much pressure!!
    Not pressure, Motivation!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am kind of sad that he's on this team. So much pressure!!
    Not pressure, Motivation!!!!!

Ha, ha....he's a gooooood guy!!!
  • McFatterton
    Options

Yeah, I make a protein shake after most of my workouts. I usually do 1 cup almond milk (sometimes chocolate, sometimes regular), 1-2 scoops protein powder (really depends on how much protein I'll be eating that day), a frozen banana (seriously, this is key - it makes the shake like a milkshake. AMAZING!), 2 tbsp ground flax seed, and sometimes 1 tbsp of natural pb.

Really, you have to try it with a frozen banana!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    What's the benefit of almond milk vs regular milk?? Carbs?
  • McFatterton
    Options
    What's the benefit of almond milk vs regular milk?? Carbs?

To be honest, I don't really know. I just wanted to try it and it's really good. It doesn't have the protein like regular milk has, but I do think it's lower in carbs. I also like it because it's a little thicker (I normally drink skim) so it gives the protein shakes a little more substance I think.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    It is vegan? Do almonds really have milk?
  • McFatterton
    Options
    It is vegan. It says it contains more calcium than regular milk and it's only 60 cals per 8 oz.

How you milk an almond though, I am unsure of. :huh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ya, vegan is what I was thinking...so it probably has less carbs/sugars as well...maybe I will give it a try
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Talked to Ron this morning while on his golf trip. I guess the guys ordered tons of pizza last night and Ron only ate 3 squares and said he just walked away.

We are going to ROCK this weigh in!!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I need a kick in the *kitten*. I've been feeling stressed, no sleep and all I can think of is a bottle of wine after work. :sad:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I really wanted a drink tonight but I got on the scale to see how I was doing (even with an afternoon weight) I am down almost 5 pounds. ( I told you I was bloated at the weigh in) That fact alone kept me from deviating from my plan so no drinking and sticking to the protein shake for dinner. I can do this. I may weigh in early and call it good since I will be traveling all week.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Faith, the lush monster is rearing it's ugly head here too...

Robin, I weighed in at 181 on Wednesday...today, I was 176.8....so happy!!! But, I don't know if it's enough to stop me.