Muscle Masters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm in for -2.1 or more!

I'm really going to work my butt off to try to win it all next week. And really hoping one of the numbers I picked was for immunity, because I'm going to need it for the week I'm in New York.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Wow, my average sucks. I hate this .4 every week thing!!!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I've had a real crapper of a day. Ate a greek yogurt at 7a.m and then my son had a surgery and I ended up eating a pineapple muffin and 2 cookies in the waiting room/recovery. Never ate lunch and then ate at 4:00 when I got home - some soup quick and that's it. Just realized now I haven't eated supper...but nothing I ate besides the yogurt was good for me so I bet I will already be up for the week. So frustrated with this day and losing trust in our hospital, etc. I really hate this day!!

On a side note, my son is doing much better tonight (he had what was suposed to be a minor surgery and it ended up being an unexpected plastic surgery that lasted a looooong time). So now rather than a 1-2 day recovery, we're looking at 4-6 weeks of recovery and restrictions due to a mistake that the hospital is not admitting to but rather covering up. I'm NOT a happy mama. %^$&^$&^$. But rather than sitting and pounting about it anymore, I've decided to cool off and then write a beautifully written letter to the hospital involving the word "lawyer".
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Oh, Mama, I am so sorry to hear all of this. How absoutely devastating for this to happen to your baby.

I think your outlet of writing the letter is a good start to let out your frustration. I would start to request records and ask to see the chart. You should be able to have access to the records and have a peak inside them. Get a lawyer sooner than later, if that's the case.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Oh, Mama, I am so sorry to hear all of this. How absoutely devastating for this to happen to your baby.

I think your outlet of writing the letter is a good start to let out your frustration. I would start to request records and ask to see the chart. You should be able to have access to the records and have a peak inside them. Get a lawyer sooner than later, if that's the case.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Awe, thanks. I think all we want is an appology - that's it - or at least them admitting fault. But i really doubt we'll ever get that. Grrr...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I think you are right about them admitting fault. :ohwell: Anyway, I think that you should put that in your letter as well. Instead of BS and tap dancing, say you are sorry.

Maybe, you can get them to comp the deductibles and your other costs if it's going to be that much longer due to medical error, you know?
  • irishgal44
    Options

Maybe, you can get them to comp the deductibles and your other costs if it's going to be that much longer due to medical error, you know?

That was a thought of mine tonight. I think our family has met our deductible this year...me with my sinus tachycardia issues back in Feb-May (and all the tests), Amaya's 2 surgeries and mayo referral in July and now this surgery...yeah...think it's met. LOL!!! :noway:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ugh, you have had quite the medical year...time for some new docs even if you have to travel
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Ugh, you have had quite the medical year...time for some new docs even if you have to travel

AGREED!! :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Alright Muscle Butts....what are you doing today to reach your goal?

Day 2 of RI30....so far, I am liking it...and, I'm sore from it :sad: I'd like to get 1/2 hour of elliptical as well.
    Work from 3 to 11
    Try to avoid drinking a pop at work which is a bad habit of mine

Ha, weighed in at 177 today....WTF? I was really bad on Wednesday after weigh-in. Then, I ate a 1/2 bucket of popcorn at the metrodome, so it's got to be the sodium. I counted that as my dinner. What a *kitten* head!!

So, now I need to lose a lb. a day...No problem, right?
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    Go Kim Go!!! Whoohoo!! Nice workout! :drinker:

Maria- Hang in there. Hope your little one has as speedy as possible recovery. :flowerforyou:

Sara - Kick, Kick, Kick :happy:

When I weighted in this morning the scale said I was almost down 2 pounds. I really hope that sticks. I've finally gotten 100% back to being a calorie counting psycho!

So I really want to annihilate the competition this week... maybe we hunt down their addresses and send them tins of fudge. :devil: mwahhahahahaha!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I like your plan Heather.

I got off work early and plan to have some cocktails with hubs. I do have to say that I am wiped from the exercise today. Tomorrow, I will RI30 and elliptical. I do not want to lose anyone else from our team.

Ron is going to RIP as well....exercise, not die, that is.

I LOVE THE RALLY!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yesterday, I went over on calories. I drank most of those. I did end up getting that cola at work. It's the only time I drink it 'cause I need the sugary, caffeine rush when I am at work. I am going to be dry the rest of the week tho.

Going to do RI30 in about 10 minutes and some elliptical. So, I should earn about 500 calories for the day. I'll continue to log the cals and stay within *fingers crossed*

I've been to the grocery store and stocked up on healthy foods. I've already made a pot roast today with veggies and a hash brown bake for tomorrow's breakfast.

I will continue to nag Ron; but, I think he has learned to tune me out :frown:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thursday, 10/20...W1D1, 245 calories burned
    Friday, 10/21..W1D2, 234 calories burned & 256 on the elliptical
    Saturday, 10/22...W1D3, 247 calories & 234 on the elliptical

5 lbs weight except for the side lunges....I'm just not sure I do those right...clumbsy food that I am

Get your groove on today!! :flowerforyou: Off to work and take of the sickies :sick:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I'm much more emotionally stable today people - LOL!!!

So far, I'm doing well this week (minus yesterday, which was my free day).

Greek yogurt for bfast today, mini sub with 1/2 serving of pickle lays for lunch....not sure who I'm rooting for today...Packers/Vikings. Packers probably will win... I'm having a hard time with the whole "who to root for" thing. I am a huge Favre fan (sorry for the haters out there). So I was a Packer fan for years...then followed my sweet Brett over to MN and rooted for the Vikings. Now that he's gone...just don't know who to root for. Maybe the Titans? Karl Klug is from Caledonia (our little small town) and is starting for them this year. So...gooooo Titans! :noway:
    Then I have a beef stew in the crockpot LOADED with vegies for supper. It's gonna be good.

Pretty low cal day for me as logn as I stay away from the leftover birthday cake. You know...the cake with homemade frosting and a raspberry filling in between layers.... (Lord, give me strength).

Heather - love your attitude and great job on the weight loss so far this week. Inspiring!

Kim - Great job on the exercise!! WHOOOT
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ohhhh Boy, I made someone mad!! :explode: I never intended to do it; but, somehow it happened. I wish she would have just contacted me first and I would have made it right. :frown: Do people really think that I am out to rig a on-line weight loss contest? I'm not a trained professional. :cry:

Anyway, I spend 7 hours at the football field today and I am wiped. :yawn: The boys won State Championship for 4th grade football. :drinker: They have the opportunity to go to Dallas for Nationals. I think that's so cool.

I made a good choice at Famous Dave's. No alcohol for me. Although, I really, really wanted some. I ordered from the 600 calories dinner menu and then added a loaded potato. Oh, well, I've just been dying for one. :love:

Maria, glad you are feeling better!!!
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Do people really think that I am out to rig a on-line weight loss contest? I'm not a trained professional. :cry:

Anyway, I spend 7 hours at the football field today and I am wiped. :yawn: The boys won State Championship for 4th grade football. :drinker: They have the opportunity to go to Dallas for Nationals. I think that's so cool.

I made a good choice at Famous Dave's. No alcohol for me. Although, I really, really wanted some. I ordered from the 600 calories dinner menu and then added a loaded potato. Oh, well, I've just been dying for one. :love:

I thought this was totally rigged - I swear I saw you sneak into my house last week and up my scale a little....cause you wanna win and it's rigged I tell ya....rigged, rigged, rigged!! LOL

So exciting about your son! WHOOOOOOT!

And Famous Dave's...totally awesome NSV for you! :flowerforyou:

How is everyone doing so far?

I did not resis the damn cake, but I did work it off on the elliptical and redeemed myself today. Yippie!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey MMs....

I hopped on the scale today at 176.6 :noway: I'm thinking it has to be the sodium from eating out so much yesterday (Wendys & Famous Dave's). In addition, I started working out again this week. Last week, no consistent exercise, lose 1.2 lbs. Exercise very well, up 2 lbs. I just hate it!! I don't know why my body does that.

Anyway, I'm just going to keep going on my merry way. Today will be Day #4 of RI30 and hoping to get the 30 minutes of elliptical as well. There is just no way I could do it yesterday. I went to Famous Dave's and didn't order drinks anticipating doing RIP; but, I was just exhausted. (and, happy)

Anyway, I think Ron will be down 3 lbs this week and that's great news :happy:
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    I"ve been telling myself all week "You need to win this week. You need to win this week." So I've been really good all week, until last night. I got home from work and still had 900+ calories left - yeah, didn't divide up my calories well. So I figured, ooohh.. I could eat chicken nuggets! So I did. Went 25 calories over. Not bad, but my weight was up a bit this morning. Crap... back to good foods only for the next two days.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I"ve been telling myself all week "You need to win this week. You need to win this week."

I've been telling Ron he has to win all week because his prize is to give Immunity to someone :bigsmile: