The Fourth Kind wins hands down!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The Fourth Kind wins hands down!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers(Donald Sutherland version). I saw it as an young adult and actually checked under my bed for weeks.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity (the first time round) and The Shining (because the music makes it so f'ing intense) are my top two. And the Exorcist cause possession and THAT demon voice freak me the hell out.

Why the hell am I reading this thread in bed?! *hides under the covers*
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Horror movies never scared me even as a small child I would laugh and think that it was all to funny , but some good ones are " to let" - " martyrs" - " Inside"- " Midnight meat train"- the ward - drag me to hell- I spit on your grave ( remake)-
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe it's not a movie...but the Dr. Who episode "Blink" was the creepiest thing I've seen in a long time. It's totally low tech (!!) and awesome. It had me curled up on the couch biting my nails. AWESOME. Watch it if you can.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I see Inside and Cannibal Holocaust were mentioned. Both are good contenders, but Martyrs takes the cake when it comes to horror films, with High Tension coming in a distant second.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    Jeepers Creepers. That was the last horror movie I watched (must be 10 years or so now). I cried at the end, it freaked me out THAT bad, lol. Get shivers thinking of the ending to this day.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to see the best out there and I agree to see scary stuff you need to step away from American and walk towards the foreign section. Audition, Martyrs, Inside, Orphanage, Rec.......
    I watched Antichrist cause it is suppose to be disturbing but no even though my bf did turn around once and ask wth I was watching I did not find this to be true. LOL
    In the masters of horrors series I believe the 2 best are Pelts and Imprint.
    A funny side note is I loved watching the Exorcist as a child but it wasn't until 100 watches later and in my 20's it ever bothered me lol
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    13 Ghosts. I saw this years ago, and it still haunts me. Freakiest freakin movie I've ever seen. And I've seen almost all the movies everyone has listed.

It is second only to Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. Those damned Ompa Loompas.

Seriously though. 13 Ghosts. That's some scary sh**.

Oh - edited to include Ghost Ship. That one spooked me out too. Ugh.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    As people mentioned above:

The original Pet Cemetery
    The original Shining
    The original The Changeling (I get chills thinking about that one even now; I thought it was brilliant!)

I don't know why, but I just don't remember the Exorcist bothering me in the least.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    knocked up, one night of sex and she's pregnant, thats some scary shiznit
  • Leola2011
    Options
    Not really a "horror" movie, but Cape Fear did a number on me!
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OK this may sound goofy, but "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" freaked me out so bad as a kid I still won't watch it!
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    The ring
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Another one I just thought of is Basket Case. It's an old movie, but the "creature" was completely freaky.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    OK this may sound goofy, but "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" freaked me out so bad as a kid I still won't watch it!

That's OK, E.T. scared the crap out of me.
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's hard to freak me out. I 'm with Typh...anything paranormal (BESIDES PARANORMAL ACTIVITY) gives me chills.

I loved The Others (after I saw the ending I had to watch it again immediately) and Thirteen Ghosts.

YES!!! The Others is one of my all time favorite movies. That twist at the end was totally unexpected. Another one that freak the hell out of me is The exorcism of Emely Rose. Its the best exorcism movie ive ever seen.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    It's hard to freak me out. I 'm with Typh...anything paranormal (BESIDES PARANORMAL ACTIVITY) gives me chills.

I loved The Others (after I saw the ending I had to watch it again immediately) and Thirteen Ghosts.

i loved 13 ghosts

nothing really creeps me out much i love horror movies. kids ghosts and giggles and stuff r creepy lol i love zombies and stuff i a a huge horror movie buff even B rated ones lmao
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Silence of the Lambs was just plain disturbing, thinking a real person could be so messed up, and Exorcism of Emily Rose because the paranormal stuff just scares the crap outta me.