**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Okay now it's my turn to cry. But has nothing to do with weight loss... I am sure by now that most of you have hear that Steve Jobs one of the two founders of Apple computer has passed away most likely as a result of his suffering from pancreatic cancer. I haven't had the big girl cry yet, just small bouts of tears because I think even though I was expecting it it's still somehow a shock.

He changed my life. His crazy antics and prowess of marketing and Steve "The Woz" Wozniak's engineering took me on a path that has never let me wrong, never made me sorry, never made me want to turn around and change my mind. It led me to computers in the 7th grade, and math and science and geeky fun of Dungeons and dragons and Risk all night. Muds and internet online games in college and talking to guys all night in the computer labs long distance and driving cross country to play Magic the gathering and drinking mocha lattes till I was so jacked up on caffeine, nicotine and adrenaline I wouldn't sleep for almost 30 hours.

I gave up Vet med, I switch to Aviation, I took off to Maine for a year to shack up with the wrong mac guy ;) but that's okay because it made me who I am today and if I hadn't done that when I got back to Ohio I never would have been the 'butch *****' as Erik calls it that attracted his attention and made him crazy mad for me. The ultimate mac guy. A mad mac guy who spent $3,000 on a NeXT cube the computer Steve built when he left Apple when he was fired in the 90's when Apple when to **** w/out him.

I got to go to NeXT World in 94 and sit in the second row and watch Steve Jobs give his world class "Just one more thing" speech... just the same as he did at MacWorld 2x a year.. when he came back to Apple and then bought NeXT with Apple money and ported over the operating system. Erik made a decision I still to this day don't know how he made. He gave up a job at NeXT/Apple programming something that was a lifelong dream, to be with me. I couldn't love him more if I tried. He might piss me off, but I know what he gave up for me, and I'll never forget it, ever.

Erik and his brother Karl wrote software for NeXT and then for various programs based on the NeXT operating system that Apple integrated in fact it's some of the things we still today and make $$$ working from home. We run a lot of the big brand name music performers website and fansites on this software because we are the ONLY people in the country, nay maybe world that can do it. We have been the backbone behind the artists that have performed the halftime at 7 of the last 8 Super Bowl football games, (we didn't do the Black Eyed peas) so that should tell you some of the people we represent. OH and we're doing the Super Bowl again this year. Not to brag, but it's nice. :) I Like it. It's always a light the fires and kick the tires kind of night.

I got a job at Apple in 2001 when Erik got fired from his programming job he was doing Apple software stuff for a local company here. I am almost positive it's because I kissed him goodbye after dropping off his lunch to him one day in the office. The company was owned by a husband and wife and she was kind of a nasty *****. I talked to the office manager later, she thinks that was the reason too. f'ked up. Needless to say, my job at Apple wasn't as glamorous. Receptionist for the local sales staff and the VP of education. But in a weird way, I was only 2 degrees from Steve. I had sat in on teleconferences where he was speaking to the staff in our office. Goosebumps. :)

I've always owned a mac, except for the first computer I put together myself out of spare parts for $25 which was well lets face it, you can't build a mac for that much but you can a pc. :)D (and it was 1988). I will never own another computer. The minute Apple released the phones we got them, I haven't looked back there either. I've had like 6 ipods, one of each model I think, I'm kinda hard on those. I tend to beat them up.

I came home tonight and Erik and I just looked at each other and we didn't have to say a word. We both knew how each other felt. He wanted me to watch tv with all the stories. I said I don't want to, thanks. He knew why. He told me he had, had to shut it off it was too much. I knew what he meant. It's all too much. It hurts from the pit of my stomach. My life is forever changed. Everyones is. I don't know if everyone realizes just how much.

I am a very sad wolf tonight. I think by now reading my ramblings you can probably figure that much out. Thank you for listening to my jabberings. He is and was and forever shall be a special man in my heart, probably the only other one besides Erik and my father. And now 2 of 3 are gone. I might throw up. Definitely no bueno day.
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Staci – I love how you could feel it was going to be a good day in your bones! I hope that it was :smile:

Renae – sounds like you had a busy night! I hope that taco night was a success…and I KNOW that I could not have that many teenage girls in my house at the same time! Wow, I can just imagine the screaming and squealing!

Greg – don’t stress about the 1 piece of pie. But, you are doing a good thing realizing that you are starting give in here and there. That is usually the hardest part..realizing it. I’m sure you will work out the kinks and get back to a place where you are comfortable with it.

Renae – you are one hot momma! Enough said!

Julie – great job at the gym!!!! You are a machine, and doing sooo good on this journey!

Tami – do you belong to a gym? Maybe you should look into joining one during the winter, that way it isn’t a chore to work out. Maybe getting on machines will help you fall back in love with working out! Just a thought….and by the way, it is GREAT having you back with us!

Cynthia – I love the hair! (which I have said several times)…and are wanting the HRM because its raining and its Boom chicka boom boom time? Haaaa! Love it!!!

Eileen – YAY! !!! I am so happy for you that everything came back good. Now, how much weight would you like to lose before you next appointment (next year?). I am sure that it will be a lot!

STeph – you can do this! I know it is frustrating, but you will pass this. I know the feeling all too well, but so do you. You have been stuck at weights before, but look what you have done! You are stuck at a lower weight right now. I know it probably doesn’t make you feel better, but you will get passed this! It might take more time than you want, but you will get there…just keep doing what you are doing!!!! And that is awesome dedication hanging out at the gym waiting for hubby to bring you pants!

Staci – I love “that’s all, shut up now” Haa! And ooooooohhhh! You and that herb, not good staci! :wink: My love is hotdogs, I love hot dogs, and I have a hard time passing them up! I remember loving hot dogs as a kid when the local grocery store would sell them for 50 cents during events….I would stack up on them then! It sounds like you are controlling your urges for them. And, like you told Greg earlier, you can’t deny yourself everything, otherwise it won’t be something you can live with.

Cynthia - I just read your last post...and I wish there was something else I could say. I am sending you virtual hugs!!!!! So enjoy them (because I am a good hugger)

I had a couple good NSV's yesterday! Bad Lexie kept trying to tell Sweet and Good Lexie to go out to eat, pick up bad things at the grocery store, and not go to the Y! But, Sweet and Good Lexie prevailed! I didn't go out to eat (saved some $$$), went to the grocery store and avoided all the bad things, and I went to the Y and worked out! I was feeling really good and "back" when I got home...and I am still feeling that way this morning!

I have to get going, I have bene on here for 45 minutes, and I am running late...so have a Great Thirsty Thursday!!!!!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

((Cynthia)) I will be keeping you in my thoughts today!

Lexie - Oh, no! Are we all going to split our personalities and become schizophrenic? Good vs. Evil - The MFP Battle continues! LOL! Wonderful choices!

Staci - I do not have a guilty pleasure so to say. I am a nibbler always cleaning my kid's plate so the food wouldn't go to waste. But if you twisted my arm I would have to say mayo based salads (potato, macaroni, coleslaw) have always been my downfall. I will eat a whole container in one sitting. Urgh!

Steph - It is a journey of ups and downs. What defines you is not the successes but the way you deal with the failures. I have watch you from a distance refusing to be brought down by minor setbacks (yes, I said minor because they never slowed you down). Be proud of yourself. You are a loser, but never a quitter!

JJ - What an amazing idea! I have always crocheted but I never thought of making myself knockers. I had to call my mom and tell her and we both laughed and laughed. Koobies or knoobies? Coobies or croobies? I was hoping to work on headscarves & hats this year to donate to my local cancer center, but I might have to do a few of these as well. Your trip sounds like it a good time. I know what you are saying about the hotel gym. I like those better because there is hardly any people there and most of the equipment has hardly been used.

As for me, another boring thursday at work. I will work on my Christmas list (my MIL is starting shopping next weekend) and probably not much else.

Have a Tremendous Thirsty Thursday!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Everything is going fine. Been kind of ho-hum around here at home. Gym going great (Thanks Lexie), eating been good. My BFF (H20logist) spent a couple of days here and introduced me to some new foods. Such as The Laughing Cow cheese wedges, very yummie. Then a chip called Nut Thins, again very yummie and really good for you. Homemade guacamole, never had it before but will now be a staple in this house hold. So happy to have some new food to munch on.
    Hoping today I can pick up the proofs from our family pictures. Can't wait to see them. The last time I had my picture taken professionally was 9 years ago. Very excited. Then going to pick up my dress I had altered. Then if everything works out, hubby said he would watch Eve so I could go to the gym tonight, but we shall see. Tomorrow we are going to a pumpkin farm, Eve first time there. Going to be funny watching her trying to pick up some pumpkins, then we have a wedding tomorrow night. So I might not have much of a calorie burn for the next 2 days, FYI.

Staci: I used to be weak around sweets but since I started my new lifestyle, I just don't crave them anymore. But of course when TOM is around, anything is fair game.

Eileen: I know Christmas is around the corner but I could never shop early for family and friends, just not that creative.

Cynthia: Sending many hugs your way. Love you!!

Steph: Great job on staying at the gym, while waiting for hubby. I would totally turn around and just stay at home but you didn't, so kudo's to you!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    First of let me send my condolenses to Cyndi and DH. It is very sad to know that one of the greatest thinkers of our time has passed. I was in Graphic Design School in the 80's and became an Apple Junkie as well. It really makes you realize that we're all only here for a short time. You were very lucky to work near him!! Very cool. Hugs

Lexie -I'm glad to see that your good angel won! Nice job - I guess our good decisions are becoming habits which makes this all seem more do-able.

Julie - I've been thinking about a family portrait also. I keep telling myself - "no - wait until you've lost 20 more lbs" but I think it would be nice to do it now and then again after I reach my final goal. You'll have to share when you get your prints! I'd love to see your beautiful family.

Eileen - I love your coobies story. So great to have a sense of humor about these things. You have really come out of your shell and I think it's just great. I remember your first few posts when you were so shy. It's been great getting to know you. I'm so happy that your results are all good. My MIL also had her follow up this week for her lung cancer. She has been in remission for a year and her results are all good too! They said it's a 'lazy cancer' which means it's not moving fast at all. I'm so glad since my FIL has been in the hospital for over a month and is still not well. They are moving him to a rehab facility but I don't think he'll be coming back home.

Tami - Don't worry about finding the right guy. Focus on yourself and the rest will follow. My 14 yr old daughter said it best last week "I'm not going to look for them, I'm waiting until they come to ME!" Let's hope that lasts!! Keep setting those goals and find some fun activities to occupy you outside the home.

Staci - hmmmm - my guilty pleasure would have to be anything with CHEESE in it, on it, surrounding it. Cream cheese on a big fat toasted bagel, Grilled Cheese, Cheese & Crackers, Hot Chicken Cheese dip with Nachos, need I go on? I miss my cheese. I've turned to Laughing Cow and Fat Free Shredded for a few things, but otherwise I've stayed away from the majority of cheese.

Steph - Congrats on the release!! Woot Woot!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: And I loved The Help! Read the book and saw the movie which was excellent. You keep on keeping on don't you?! You are a powerhouse at that gym. I'm thinking about walking down to a gym at noon today and checking it out. I'm finding these cooler temps hard to endure now that I don't have extra layers to keep my body warm. Walking outside yesterday was chilly. I'd like to have a gym to use at noon and maybe even try some weights to start toning up. The gym down the road is a bit shabby, but my company has a huge discount so it would be about $15/month. They have a pool too. Keep up the great work.

Feeling lousy again today so I didn't hit the treadmill. My UTI is better but I woke with a sore throat. Hate feeling less energenic and achy. I'm taking my Airborne and plan to kick this thing before the weekend. I don't have time to be sick. Taco party was so much fun last night. The girls cranked the music and had a dance party, ate tons of taco's etc and we made brownie sundaes for dessert. They loved wacking the Pinata with their hockey sticks and painted their numbers on their ty-dyed T's. Made me want to be 15 again. Such a great group of kids.

Drink up ! ! x 2
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning my lovely ladies and handsome gentleman. You know that feeling when you throw open your closet door and you don't have to worry about wearing the clingy top with the little bit too tight pants because it all just fits? I had that today. Then after I got dressed I realized that not too long ago the shirt I had put on was too small, then kind of clingy but today just perfect. I thought to myself I am doing it. I am really doing it. I am becoming my skinny chic and I am kicking my fat chics *kitten*. And you know what else? It feels good. Today I feel like I can take on the world. Woohoo.

Cynthia- We are an apple/mac family too. I mean really the first computer I ever used was an Apple IIe. I don't know why I remember that, maybe because as a science/math/computer nerd it changed me somehow. But I have never looked back snce. My daughter even came home from her friends last night sad. She is 16 and since thats what they use at school it is all she knows. It is very sad news and hugs to you.

Lexie- great job listening to sweet Lexie.

Tami- I agree with ReNae. Focus on making you the best you and when that happens the guys that are worthy of you will start showing up.

ReNae- I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Everyone!
    Well I decided to take today off from the gym. My head was feeling a bit funny (its fine now) but I thought, its a sign that today is to be my off day. Instead I'm home and dancing around the house to my new Lady Antebellum CD and cleaning. There is something about a freshly scrubbed house that is therauptic. I'm feeling in a very good mood which is a nice switch from yesterday. Thank you all for your encouragement, it was just one of those bummer days.

I have decided though that I am going to cut down on the amount of carbs I am having in the evening and I am going to try and keep my calories around 1560 and see what happens. If that doesn't start things moving in a bigger way I might try eating back the exercise calories.....but nowadays that seems like loads of calories and I can't see a healthy way of consuming that many so hoping option 1 works!

Staci you will be pleased to know that I stuck to 'Thank you' and a smile today when told I was looking slim. Went to say 'but' and I thought no! Staci is right, shut up and just say thank you :tongue:

Cynthia - hope you are feeling less blue today. Condolences and hugs your way!

Staci my guilty pleasure is chocolate ice cream with kraft extra creamy peanut butter stirred in. Its ohmygod good!!! I'm salivating just thinking about it....good thing I can't get kraft here!

Tami its hard to do but its true what they say - when you stop looking..............

Renae - hope you are feeling better (((HUGS)))

Julie sounds like you made some great food discoveries!!

I am sad to report I won't be doing the zumbathon - no one is availabe to go and its in the most in opportune location!! Am thinking of trying the 'african dance' class that is offered a couple of hours after zumba - could do zumba then some lazy cycling and weights and then african dance. Will keep you posted!! :heart:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Lexie: Your angel/devil story is so cute...gave me the picture from the Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Eileen: I loved your saying "You're a loser, but not a quitter!" Such a powerful way to put this all in perspective! Also, I like the name "Knoobies" because they are knitty NEW boobies...oh, the blessings that we can find in tragedy.

Canto: Homemade guacamole is one of my favorite things in the world. I make it at least once a month and eat it for lunch everyday for a week. I'm really the only one who eats it, so it's ALL for me!!!

Renae: I hope you really start to feeling better. I can't imagine not having my gym membership, especially in the winter...and more especially where you live. They would find me on the side of the road somewhere like a popsicle...cryogenics anyone??? Walt Disney would have nothing on me!

Staci: I wish we all could bottle up that feeling you just described and take in its essence everytime we are feeling down about how slowly things are moving or how tough this can get on occasion. Soak it up, lady...you are living the dream, and you are wide awake!

Stephanie: I hope option 1 works for you too, if for nothing else, to make you feel good about your progress again. We can all sit here and be inspired by how far you've gotten, but you too have to remain inspired. Sorry about the zumbathon, but what fun would African dancing be!!! I'm actually trying to talk myself into going to the zumba class tonight. I've been thinking about it since Monday, but I so easily talk myself out of doing these classes.

Cynthia: I'm just gonna send more (((hugs))) your way!

I'm doing pretty well over here. No workout yesterday, and a fantastic carnitas dinner last night has me up only less than a pound this morning from yesterday. Even if I remain stable, I will still show a 4lb loss this week from last Friday. Besides the positive with the scale, I'm really loving how my clothes are fitting, especially those things I could hardly get on and buttoned a couple of months ago. I know I was so worried about wanting to buy a completely new wardrobe, but it really is like having new clothes when they fit and look good again. Also, it finally hit me that I will need to lose two sizes before I need new clothes since the sizes go 22/24. I used to always say that I was a 24/26 (which doesn't exist), and now I'm happy to say I'm probably a 20/22 (which also doesn't exist). It's funny how much brighter progress looks with a little perspective.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Bobbie: Is that a new profile pic? You look great! Actually, lots of people seem to be posting hot new photos lately. You're one good looking buch of chicks (this coming from a rooster who is a bit of an afficiando on these things, so it must be true!).

@Steph: Glad to hear that you fought through the dull-drums. It takes so much hard work and dedication to get keep "on the straight and narrow." You look great and have had such great success, but I know how frustrating it can be when the scale doesn't move the way you want it to.

This next comment goes out to everyone. Can anyone envision a day when you won't have to constantly be working at eating right and exercising? I was thinking about this as I read Steph's comments/concerns about the scale not moving. I was tempted to say to Steph, "hey, don't sweat it. As long as you aren't gaining weight then be happy." But then I got to thinking, we are all so intensely focused on eating right, exercising and losing weight that it just seems perfectly natural to get disappointed when the scale doesn't move south. All that hard work and focus ought to be rewarded, right? But can you imagine a day when you will no longer have to focus so intently on eating right and burning cals? When you will simply eat and go about your life in such a naturally balanced way that you won't gain or lose weight but just....be? Does that make sense? Do you know anyone for whom this is their reality (and not some skinny minny who hasn't ever had to worry about their weight)? Personally, I think that I am going to have to behave for the rest of my life like a reformed drug addict who needs to be constantly vigilant or risk falling off the wagon. In some ways, I think the reformed addict has an advantage over me in that they don't need to continue consuming their drug of choice to live. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The former addict MUST stop using thier drug of choice forever, or risk disease, misery and death; whereas, the formerly obese person MUST continue eating...everyday, or risk disease, misery and death. It's kinda like saying to a crack addict, "hey man, just don't use so much crack. Just have a little crack." No one would EVER say something like that to a crack addict, but that is exactly what an obese person must do everyday.

Oh well, just some mid-afternoon musing. Not sure how I got off on this tangent and not really looking for answers. Just "things that make you go, hmmmm." Hope everyone is having a great Thirsty Thursday. Personally, I feel like I'm about to float away I've had so much water today.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Greg- My hubby and I recently had a conversation very much like you were just musing over. He is 25 yrs sober (I didn't know him back then) and he said that yes being sober is so much easier (for him) than losing weight, for the very reason you mentioned.

Bobbie- that is a new profile pic and you look fantastic.

Steph- African dance sounds very fun. I love to dance. Any kind of dancing really. And I hope you are enjoying your new Lady Antebellum CD. I love that song "I'm Just Looking for a Good Time" at least I think that is the name of it.

Well, I was just doing a quick check in while I was logging my lunch so I better get back to work.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Greg and Staci...and Renae, and Jane, and Brisa...Thank you! I was just sitting around work and just felt pretty. So, I looked through the pics I had on my phone and quickly realized that 1) I don't take many of myself and 2) None of them, even the last most recent one, demonstrate how I was feeling at that moment. I can't wait until I'm as excited to show full-length pics as I am those from the shoulders up :happy:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I know I posted pic's not to long ago but I wanted to show my sexy boots.
    vify9j.jpg

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
    Will write back later.
    Julie

Those are fabulous boots and you look incredible!!!!

Pam
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Renae – I LOVE cheese too!!!! Glad your taco night went well, and I hope you are able to avoid the crud!

Staci – what a great feeling! I love those days, so soak it up!

Greg – sometimes I think about that, but I think that I will always be more careful of what I eat. Hopefully one day I won’t be stepping on the scale all the time, but for now, I will continue if it works.

Bobbie - your picture is super cute! I know that you are feeling great!

today was pretty good for me. I didn't have a chance to go to the gym, but I am ok with that. I am having to realize that going to the gym 2 or 3 times during the school week is good. As long as I go on Saturday and Sunday, I am getting in a lot of exercise. I can't wait for next week, I will be able to hit the gym hard! It is fall break already and I will have my boys in daycare (if I already have to pay, I am going to use it!), so I am having a week of ME! I can't wait!
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    GREAT NEWS I'm get a DIVORCE!!!

Back story: I got married when I was 18 and we split when I was 20.I met my current hubby(common-law) almost 13 years ago. Well my legal husband as finally agreed to getting a divorce. Really don't know why he waited this long but he called me from Ontario to tell me he sent the papers today.I am so excited. Once everything is finalized I have a wedding to plan.I will get my fairytale wedding to my Prince Charming at last.Of course it will also give me some else to keep me motivated.Hope to tie the knot on November 26,2012 which will be our 14 year anniversery.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Bonnie: Congratulations on the Divorce....gee, that just sounds wrong somehow, but you get the idea. Prince Charming is a lucky guy, both for the last 13 years and for the next..........

I feel badly that I didn't say thanks to everyone who posted such supportive comments when I admitted to be back sliding. Especially you, Cynthia, you are always such a great motivator. I didn't see your post/suggestion about logging absolutely everything until just now, but I will accept that challenge and start logging everything. The situation is quite as bad as I may have made it seen. I guess I'm just paranoid (with good reason...if my own history is anything to go by) that I will fall back into my old, bad habits. It's happened so many times before that it just feels like a forgone conclusion that it will happen again. That said, I am determined to not let it happen and I really appreciate all the support that you all give me. Thank you.

On a similar, yet somewhat different note. If you look at my food diary today you will see that I had Chocolate Gelato. That is a big step for me, and potentially a dangerous one. It is my wife's B-Day today and she wanted us to go up to a new Gelato parlour that opened in our neighbourhood this past summer. It's the first time in more than 100 days that I've really indulged in something very very sinful. It was incredibly good, but I had a hard time eating the entire (small) cup. It was so rich and sweet and I'm not used to that. I had to ask for some water to wash it down (luckily it is Thirsty Thursday). I immediately went for a good long walk and burned more calories than the gelato was worth in the first place. I already had enough cals leftover for the day, but just to be safe I hit the bricks and that made me feel "ok" about having the treat. The real test will now be to see if I can avoid going back for more. I'm sure I can, and that feels good. Hope you all have a nice evening.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Greg - 1) I have had that thought a lot, that I will always have to exercise this hard and be this conscious about food. I try not to dwell on it because it gets me down. But Ithink there are worse things in life particularily as it does become easier and more habit than work. 2) Great job on hitting the water and the walk after your indulgence!!:drinker:

Bonnie - Congrats on the upcoming prince and princess charming nuptuals!:heart:

Lexie - great attitude on the gym and jealous of your week break!! We have another two weeks to go before our break :grumble:

I'm hitting the gym after work today and then heading to pick up all the stuff for Thanksgiving dinner :bigsmile: I'm cooking it on Saturday for my best friend and our partners. I will have a piece of pumpkin pie and gravy and biscuits. But I am going to dance like a fiend at zumba in the morning and try to get out for a run before they arrive! Plus the calories of super cleaning the flat......:laugh:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    First I have to say thank you to everyone for your hugs and your well wishes it was much appreciated and still is. I'm still very very bummed. I know it seems a silly thing to be that rediculously mopey over someone who I've only been w/in 15 feet of. But still that was like sucking pure O2 hits. Or spending time with Staci's herbs. Yeah. I like those herbs too Staci, but too many years to start that again, just to cheer myself up, besides, I don't have any cheetoes. ;)

Renae
    -- I didn't realize you were so sick. My poor little blueberry. What am I gonna do without you? You have to get better I know you are far too busy to be sitting around getting better so take your B12 and try and sleep. I get UTI's when someone sneezes wrong. At least I used to. I hope with the 'shrinkage' down there that will change also ;) (Sorry Greg TMI, I know)
    I'm sorry to hear about your FIL and MIL also. Never good. My FIL when he finally went into the hospital from the Mesothelioma wanted to go home, was trying to get DH and I to sneak him out the back and we had to tell him, later, just get a nap first. And that of course was that. So I hope his days are comfortable and that he is surrounded by those who love him dearly. :)
    Oh and if you don't already hate me for empanadas, may I mention. "Queso fundido" Okay you're welcome. :)

Tami
    -- It's true about not looking. I gave up looking with DH walked into the room all 4000 wattz of phermones slapped me in the face and I said, "oooh mommy want." And that's the end of that. ;)

Lexie
    -- I am happy for good lexie ;) It's a good thing that she gets to come out and see the sunlight.. Tell her to lock up bad lexie for christmas and new years eve ;) *tee hee*

Eileen
    -- Ever been to Hawaii? Know why they're so fat? (one of the many reasons) Potato mac. Oh yeah, Make potato salad. Yeah make macaroni salad. Yeah now stir them together. Okay yeah I love you too... Mmm hmmm *licks fingers* Yeah it is that good.

Julie
    -- can't wait to see the photos :) I bet the 3 of you are going to look fabulous ;)

Staci
    -- Give your daughter a hug from me. Tell her, I get it, and I feel her pain too. Love your skinny chic clothes ;) I find myself not caring when shirts are tight, even though when I was going up in weight I was mortified. Now it's like a badge of honor because it's a 2x and I might be jammed in. But it's a 2, not a 6. ;)

Stephy
    -- Is hubby going to dance class with you? That would be cool :D I am sure he'd think of excuses not to go. :D tee hee!

Bobbie
    --- Mmm carnitas... the pig of love. my weakness. sweet puerco puerco puerco.. I am convinced that Heaven is in central america or the caribbean... it's all in the pig. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life. It'd be pig. There's a million ways to cook it. I can't live without it. Okay I'll stop now. I have to. I'll just make us all crazy. But you know what I mean. Mojo. Nuff said. And congrats on your 20/22... I hate dual sizes.. I do. Their always either towards teh 20 or the 22. If one it's too small, if the other too big. It's never a perfect fit. Why do they do that? Just make 2 sizes? Is that supposed to make us feel better about gaining weight oh! well I didn't change a size! ;P I hate stores. I do. (and I love the new pic) :D

Greg
    -- I'm glad you're taking the challenge. I know that if you see what you're doing, before you do it. You'll stop again. Because I know you know, how good it felt to put those suits on again. And to need new dress shirts. And to hug your daughter and have her say, "Daddy I can reach alllll the way around you." OH yeah. Not yet? It's coming dude. ;) It's going to break your heart. You'll never eat another wang doodle or cheese banger again. Trust me. :) *HUGS* (and I'll take the small piece of crack today please, I'm on a diet. ;))

Pam
    -- good to hear from you again :)

Bonnie
    --- Congrats on you divorce? I agree it sounds so wrong! But we know it means the best thing for you. What a *kitten* he made you wait that long! Congrats on your new wedding to prince charming. You know what i say. I say skip the big wedding. Run down to the courthouse, get hitched, throw a party at the house, and take a vacation with him somewhere romantic WITHOUT the kids instead. You'll save 10k ;) and you'll get the 'reward' for all the time spent waiting ;)

So today was bad O lord bad. Double shotgun to the head bad. Yeah I gotta admit it. Ate back my exercise calories bad. :noway:
    I know. You may all die of shock now. I didn't care. See that's depression right there. I know it is. I'll get out of it. Just. Diddn't. Give. A ****. WEnt for pizza at a place been wanting to try. yeah. Bad. calamari. oh yeah. romesco sauce, thanks!. spinach salad, oh yeah i'd like that too. Of course ate all that for 'linner' at 2pm, so now was hungry at 9. nomm nom nom nommity nom ... raid of the fridge. and there went the exercise calories. Ahhhhh **** it.

Tomorrow is another day...

On a good note, when I woke up after my carb-o-rama nap. I haven't put the CAM boot on. And been walking around the house now for about 6 hours without it. *gasp* I know shock. Longest it's been off in 3 weeks. And no pain. I know. STFU right? So happy.
    Went to the Endocrinologist Wed. Had a long talk. He's crazy. But only slightly. He's agreed to let me go without the damn meds as long as *I* think I can live without them and as long as the medical (read bloodwork) says it's safe. Which for him is 2 months. I'm like ? OH yeah??? he's like yah. I said. so it says, that it's possible. yes I know around 5%, but possible. That my thyroid could go back to normal and this all could have just been because of my excessive weight gain (now he looks at me over his glasses, because you know Im still 363 lbs right, tee hee) and that my body just couldn't handle the extra weight because when I was at this weight before in 1994 I was fine, I didn't need the meds. He says, When your thyroid is shot, it's shot. I said, yeah but it's *possible* right? He says. (now of course he has a hindi accent so that made it all better) ... Yes... Of course it's possible. Any'ting is possible. *dance*dance*snooopy*dance*joy*glee*rapture* Okay thanks Doc... see you in 2 months. :D:D:D:D:D

Lastly I go in this morning to get my regular *kitten* doctor to sign my scuba medical waiver paperwork signed so I can take the classes. And he puts on it. "No diving below 50 feet, no night dives, must use buddy dive. must take migrain medication" ... What that first bit did... the 50 feet... that made me uncoverable by insurance. THANKS ****WAD. I swear to ****ing god. I will eat his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti *thip*thip*thip*... So I don't get to take the class this weekend or next... I have to wait to see my Neurologist.. which is drumroll please........ Day before Thanksgiving... That would be November 23rd to those of you out of the US.

Son. of. a. cum. guzzling. pig. ****er.
    Fava beans. Chianti...Check.

BECKY I know you're on a trip. What the hell are you doing. You're supposed to be here saving me from myself?

Okay going to bed now before I eat something else that isn't nailed down. Madre de dios...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Guys, so sorry I've been a bit scarce. Only really doing fly by posting at the moment. I'll catch up over the weekend. Hope you're all doing well. (Cynthia, big hugs to you. x)
  • simplysara9
    Options
    Good Morning Chics and a Rooster!

The hubs and I got back from Fort Wilderness last night and this is the first chance I have really had to get on the computer. We had a great time at the campground and saw a lot of wildlife. We had 3 otters swimming in the creek behind us and a deer enjoyed breakfast on the hill by the creek near our site one morning. It was beautiful, quiet and very relaxing. We also did a lot of walking around Downtown Disney. We opted out of a theme park so we pretty much just hung out and relaxed. I read one book and started another while we were gone which was nice.

Having the RV we were able to eat healthier meals but unfortunately we still ate a lot of junk while we were there. I gained 2.2 pounds while we were gone which is not much fun, I will have to work even harder this week to get rid of it!

I plan to start Insanity again soon, I looked and felt great while doing it and I think it is time Shaun T. and I met again. He can really kick my *kitten*!

I didn't go back and read all of the posts (I have like 10 pages to catch up on) but I hope everyone is doing well and I am looking forward to moving ahead this week and tracking my calories / working out!
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Sara - Fort Wilderness? I was telling my hubbie that I wanted to stay at the Lodge next time if we could afford it. We went to the Hoop-De-Doo Review and it was great! Hope you had a magical time!

Jane - Good luck on the read! When I was gone I never thought I would get through it all!

Cynthia - Potato Mac? OMG! That sounds evil, slightly disgusting but in a way fabulous too. And you are moving to Hawaii? I do not know if I would have the willpower to say no. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your meds. If I can beat the odds, you surely can.

Steph - Way to plan out your day to allow for your indulgence!

Greg - I have that discussion with my hubbie all the time. He thinks that I should just exercise and not worry about what I eat because when I get to the weight I want (we disagree on that to) he doesn't think I should be worrying about every calorie I intake. He doesn't get the whole changing a lifetime worth of habits thing. Kudos on the walk and the water!

Bonnie - Congrats on the Divorce! Let's just say been there, done that and know what a relief it is! Let me say this to you. Do whatever you want to do for your second wedding (church, courthouse, or drive-thru) and do not let anyone talk you out of it. My second wedding I did it all myself and I loved every minute of it.

Lexie - Woohoo! A week for you! You go girl! You totally deserve it!

Pam - There you are! Tag you are it!

As for me, Thursday ended up being busy. But I still got 3 miles in at work, I am hoping since Friday is normally low key that I can get 4 in today. This weekend we will go to the pumpkin patch to pick out our soon to be jack-o-lanterns, apples, cider, and all the stuff that I shouldn't buy that my hubbie and kids will want (aka apple cider doughnuts, etc.). I am hoping that I can talk my hubbie into go to the nature preserve a hour away and go walking to see the fall colors in the trees. They are starting to turn beautifully.

Hope everyone has a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

Eileen