What food as surprised you with the number of calories, fat,

Options
I was surprised how many calories are in cornbread, even without butter it is crazy high in calories!

Replies

• whisperingdragon
    Options
    There's another social networking site that I visit besides this and FB. A lady there said "has anyone tried the new California whopper?" I was like "Oh holy hell, are you crazy?.. I stay clear of fast food joints these days.." she then went on to say "well, everyone deserves a treat."

I checked the calories on that monster and it's close to 900.. I just about died! LOL!! Just a treat my butt!
  • xxrouguexx
    xxrouguexx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    muffins too - even so called bran muffins are very high in calories.
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Carbs and Dairy, even fat-free dairy. YIKES!
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    to be honest i was surprised with pasta! My whole family is Italian so im used to being served mountains of pasta! probably what got me here!
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Costa coffee's lemon cupcake. Tiny, delicious and an eye-watering 512 calories!!
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    tim hortons timbits... yes, i know they're mini donuts in a sense... but, still, 50-70 cals a pop.. and before i started this, it was nothing for me to get a 20 pack, and eat them throughout the day... that's 1000-1400 cals in one shot... not to mention everything else i'd eat in a day...
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    to be honest i was surprised with pasta! My whole family is Italian so im used to being served mountains of pasta! probably what got me here!
    I agree with this!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Granola bars.

I thought those things were supposed to be healthy!

And yogurt to be honest.

I dont like it enough to waste 100 calories on it...
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    muffins too - even so called bran muffins are very high in calories.

I was shocked when I found out how much muffins were too. Yikes!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I know this is stupid, but olive oil really shocked me!!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    mine is for the opposite. i'm totally surprized at how FEW calories are in my fav roasted red pepper hummus. i can have two TABLESPOONS and it's only 70 cals?! i could eat a gallon of the stuff. it's like heaven on veggies.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Costa coffee's lemon cupcake. Tiny, delicious and an eye-watering 512 calories!!

Costa Coffe's respberry and almond bake, not quite as many but factor in the massimo skinny vanilla latte and you're there! I just have the latte these days :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Large bowl of beef Pho. I have it every Friday at dinner with my wife and daughter for family date night out.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When I first started, it was Peanuts...I couldn't believe how many calories were in such a small serving, of course they aren't really bad calories but I was in shock lol. All nuts in general, actually.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    mine is for the opposite. i'm totally surprized at how FEW calories are in my fav roasted red pepper hummus. i can have two TABLESPOONS and it's only 70 cals?! i could eat a gallon of the stuff. it's like heaven on veggies.

agreed! :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts. they are horrible for what you get, even without frosting.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options

Costa Coffe's respberry and almond bake, not quite as many but factor in the massimo skinny vanilla latte and you're there! I just have the latte these days :(

OMG the Raspberry and Almond bake... I've had a couple: The first time I eat it then looked it up on here and, well I was an unhappy bunny. The second time I saved up because damn, they are nice! No latte for me - americano and skimmed all the way now.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    not so much as a shock but a disappointment Mac and cheese especially the Kraft kind.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    watermelon... seems more water than anything to me...yet the cals add up quick!
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ready meal of macaroni and cheese, was devastated!