• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am pushing 50 - wow!

Great work folks!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, nice to see 40+ gang. I've used MFP and have gone from 270 lbs to 232 lbs and it feels great.

SW-270
    CW-232
    GW-220
    UGW-200 MAYBE
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am ready to take my fitness to the next level. Could definitely use some support from this group.

My goal is get fit and run my next half marathon under 1:50.
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    44 here, currently injured but slowly working towards becoming a Fitness Fanatic. :-)
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wow...so many new people!!! Welcome Welcome

Have a great Week. I know it is hectic...emotions everywhere but heres a HUG!! Dont forget to breath and for every tempting food drink a glass of water:)
  • ld40
    ld40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, new runner here, only been at it since a little before Thanksgiving. I can't believe I am enjoying it. I even managed 4 miles in the 18 degree cold yesterday morning. I will be going out at lunchtime today to buy some cold weather gear. First 5K coming up in January. Will start looking for a 10K to sign up for in the spring.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    Just found this thread today.
    I am part of the FitBit tester group
    I am loving this site so far.
    I signed up awhile back but just really started using the site a few days ago.

I use to run about 50 miles a week but now due to injuries i run about 3 miles a day on the treadmill. Some days i walk/run depending on my knee. I found this get i-pad app that looks like you are running outside. I really love it.
    I also weight train and do yoga.

I need to lose about 15 pounds. At one time i weighed 220 and that is a lot for 5'2. Now i am 135. My lowest was 121 with Weight Watchers a couple of years ago.

Well i am off to lift..Check back in later
  • ketrell
    ketrell Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Morning , I just found this thread. I turned 40 this year and I'm loving it.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I had to take my son to the dr to get his stitches out today. Last night he got all these red dots all over his belly, chest, and lower back. This morning it spread to his neck, face, and arms (I didn't check lower). First thing I thought of was staph infection. Turns out the kid has German measles! Reallyy?!!!! Guess its really rare because of immunizations but looks like that didn't help him. Now he has to stay away from anyone pregnant. Gives him an excuse not to go to his aunts house on Christmas eve. It's not his favorite place to go.

I finally fixed all my Christmas lights from the wind storm. Took me awhile but I've been a tad busy with my sick child.

Workout has consisted of moving a lot of wood that came from the fallen trees.

Welcome to all the newcomers! Great to have you join us!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

welcome to all the newcomers!!! Wow, so many of you all at once. Wonderful to see you all.:flowerforyou:

Didn't workout all weekend. Left to go Christmas shopping right after work on Friday and shopped til 10:30.
    Was up Saturday morning for an appointment and then hit the stores once again. By 3:30 I was beat! We did our last minute stuff and then headed home. We arrived by 10.

Sunday was spent getting caught up with laundry, baking, cards, wrapping, etc. Still so much work to do. :sad:
    I've been trying to do a little each day, and I am making headway, but the days are running out.

worked out after work. Did some circuit training and then a treadmill run. Felt pretty good, but was getting tired the last 15 minutes of the run.

I was very good food wise today - I really need to lose some of the flab!! I feel I am working my butt off, but do not see a change in my body.:grumble:
    Hope tomorrow is a good day as well.

I have been invited to a community dinner for volunteers. So, am planning on running right after the event.
    Rick Hanson is passing through town tomorrow and it's all part of honouring volunteers in the community. :smile:

Alf - good job on starting to lift again.:flowerforyou:
    Tron - so sorry to hear about your son. He certainly has had his share of health issues this year. Poor thing.
    Chris - love my compression socks - but I love my compression leggings more!!!:bigsmile: I gotta wear leggings where I live as it's a tad cold for shorts this time of year. :wink:

Have a great night all. :flowerforyou:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    So much going on! Dont forget to breath.....the deeper the better:)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HELLO HELLO HELLO!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Here at work, leaving soon! Busy busy busy but keep on trucking. :laugh: I have continued with my short lifting sessions but loving them. Also my Zumba classes. Having my two Christmas Zumba Parties tonight and tomorrow. I am just teaching one class next week, taking a short break but just from teaching. I will be choreographing and practicing the new routines when I return the first week in Jan. So really there's never a big break from it.

Welcome Welcome Welcome to all the newcomers, lots of guys too!!! I really hope you stay with the group. Tell us more about yourselves, your health and fitness goals...we are a group of healthy 40+ who are enjoying life by staying healthy.

Tron, sorry to hear about your son. I am praying for a speed recovery!

LadyPersia, Hugs to you too!

Better go, will catch up more later! :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Inline Skate: 4 miles during lunch today.

Been very busy with work and other things last few days. Sorry I haven't been on much lately :(
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Inline Skate: 4 miles during lunch. Beautiful day here in Sunny Florida! Another busy day as well. Performing in a concert tonight.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi Chris! Keep up the good work! I am reading the book you suggested and loving it!! Will start in January. I joined their forum, JP fitness. I cant wait to try out the program. I really like the approach. Have fun at your concert tonight!!

How is everyone else doing? :flowerforyou:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well and looking forward to the holidays and vacation. I'm psyched. Little one is out of school as of today and I'm actually looking forward to having him around more in the next week and relaxing at home. We did the family thing at Thanksgiving, and a few weeks ago (an early Xmas....) so it's going to be just us, and very low-key this week....Yay!

Things have been good. I am in the midst of week 3 on p90x.....just patiently waiting until 90 days when I may actually see something? Not sure what, but changes? Who knows....

Anyway, thinking this week about all the wonderful things I have learned in 2011 and all the changes I have made w/fitness, and of course contemplating new goals for next year. I haven't come up w/my list just yet but should soon because being on maintenance can get a little dull otherwise.

In the meantime, I wrote this the other day and thought some of you may want to read....I credit this group with being my sole advisers earlier this year and launching me on a new path.....I can't thank all of you enough (Alf, Stiring and Sing, wherever you are, tron, tex).....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin1117/view/exercise-i-am-diligent-to-the-routine-but-not-really-passionate-about-it-180621

Alf, your schedule and energy are amazing--hopefully it's infectious...because I could use that kind of enthusiasm. You too sdereski!

Chris--how was the concert? Hope all is well!

Welcome all the new folks--great to see a surge of new faces. Let us know a little more about you!

Happy Holidays everyone!!
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Had a good concert last night. Audience loved us :) My new running shoes (Brooks Glycerin 8) came in and they fit and feel great! They are very light. Will test them out on a run today.

I will try and catch up on everyone's posts this weekend. Tonight I have a date ;)
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Pavement Run: 1 mile in 7m52s. My best so far. Faster than my fastest treadmill mile too :)

Shoes worked a treat!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yay
  • alf1163
    Options
    Robin, great to hear from you!!!!! :drinker: You are one amazing lady yourself!!! :flowerforyou:

Chris, I hope you had an amazing date last night!

We are going to my brother's tonight and are planning to have a quiet Christmas at the house tomorrow. I did a lower body workout this morning and might do a short upper body workout tomorrow. I am psyching myself up to start this new program in Jan. Will be doing some planning in the next week.

TO ALL MY MFP FRIENDS, MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS FILLED WITH LOTS OF LOVE AROUND YOUR LOVED ONES!!!! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: