Halloween challenge sign-up!! (challenge will start 9/19)

Options

Replies

• TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in this group if I may please....
    My 5% is 11.5 lbs.
    This is my first challenge since starting MFP. I am really excited to get moving!
    Thanks, Teresa
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Ok I updated my weight to what I was today. So my begining weight is 210 so I need to lose 10.5lbs getting to 199.5. Alrighty...bring it on because I am ready!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I NEED this challenge and I have never done a challenge. Count me in!!!

Beginning number is 143

challenge goal is a loss of 7.15 pound-aroonies
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ooh! A challenge! I like it! I would love to join!
    Currently 194
    Halloween Goal 184
  • 4Athena
    Options
    I'm so excited! This is my first challenge. YAY! I input my stats on the Google doc. I just purchased the Polar FT60 on its on the way.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Count me in I can do with a little extra motivation. 5% is 9.25 but I'll round it up to 10 pounds. My current weight = 185, goal weight = 175.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    im in. this sounds easy n' funnnn =]
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am in .
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    OK to join? My goal would be 10lbs.
  • Pistolcoach
    Pistolcoach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I need all the motivation I can get!
  • nuttyng
    Options
    I'm in too first challange :) I normally do my weigh ins on a Monday mornings my 5% is 16lbs very embarassing to post but hay if I complete my 5% then its 16 less...

My first mini goal is 10% by Xmas which was 34 lbs n I've lost 11 in 2 weeks :) so this fits in perfectly !

Find out on Monday if I've lost any more .... Fingers crossed :)
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Can I join?

Last weigh in was 196.4 (w00t!) so 5% would be roughly 10 pounds. I was a part of a few challenges earlier (like labor day challenges) but couldn't devote enough time to anything really, due to some issues at work. I'm totally committed now! So exciting!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my weigh in is also Monday typically. I can change if necessary!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I started a Christmas challenge, but would love to join a Halloween challenge. I think it will help keep me up with my challenge :smile:

I also did the Labor day challenge and didn't do so well either.

My 5% is to lose 8.12 lbs

When I signed up for the challenge my 5% was to lose 8.12 lbs, but since we don't start til tomorrow, I'm weighing in today (I have another challenge that weighs in on Sundays), and my current is 159.4 and my 5% of that for this challenge is to lose 8 lbs. SO by Halloween, my weight is going to be 151.4 lbs.
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm probably being dense, but is the 100miles per week or over the 6 weeks?
  • BellaRuse
    Options
    I'm in! I just joined MFP today, so this will help me get started. 5% is a whopping 11.5 pounds.
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 180 today, so my 5% will be 9 lbs.
  • ashleyb0811
    ashleyb0811 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I'd have 7.5 lbs to lose, and I'm wanting to get this weight off so I can be healthier and more active for my family. With 3 kids under 5, goodness knows I'm going to need the energy! I'm new to the site and I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I'm in! :)
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for a 10,000 calorie burn... I figure I walk about 3mph and did (33.3 x 60= 2000 minutes) and see that I burn about 9535 calories walking that pace for 2000 minutes... HAHA

I am going to shoot for a 10,000 calorie burn instead of miles... hope that is ok.

I don;t want to rely on a pedometer because they are very inaccurate when doing things other than WALKING... high impact just blows it up...

(I am about a 190 pound female)

WITH 6 WEEKS THAT IS ABOUT 1700 (1666) CALORIES A WEEK OR 250 CALORIES A DAY (242*7) -- I LIKE TO ROUND UP!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm probably being dense, but is the 100miles per week or over the 6 weeks?

Over the 6 weeks... omg I cant even imagine 100 miles a week.