200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    Options
    I kinda failed at remembering who posted what, sorry. :P But the info on the HRMs is good... I should probably invest in one. I get a lot of walking in some days that I just don't log, because I'm running around taking pictures for work and I can't really accurately track it. It would be good to know what's going on.

In the same idea of stuffed animals from childhood, I have a doll that's the same as one I had from my childhood. It's a talking "Julie" from the late '80's, and the one I had was my best friend, so when I found this one (a little beat up) on ebay, I HAD to have her. She's now my baby-stuff knitting model - her legs and arms are too long for a newborn, but circumference-wise she's good, her head is baby-sized, and so are her feet. I mostly knit hats and socks for babies, so that works out well.

I've been getting close-ish too my MFP calorie goals this week; better than I had been, for the most part. I still can't quite get there most days, though one I had 30 extra calories left and that was it. Nerd has been eating better as a result of me being the one doing the grocery shopping (though he's not giving up his soda habit anytime soon), and he's been walking with me, and he's lost about 10 pounds in a couple of weeks. I'm catching up with him, though. :P My future-midwife assured me it really is okay I'm dropping a lot in the beginning because I'm making drastic lifestyle changes, so now I don't feel quite so worried about it, or scared that my scale is just a big fat liar. :P

I get to see sheep and rams this afternoon!!! :D
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Megan - I wear a BodyBugg and Amy and Lacey use Body Media Fit on our arm 24/7 to get the most accurate cal burn. If you can afford it, it's worth it. Initial cost to sync with smart phone about $170 which includes 6 month on-line subscription. After the 6 months, I bought a year package for $80. I love it. I synced it this morning and over the last 30 days, my ave burn is 2800 cals per day. I've had tons of long runs this last month. In an hour of running, I burn 600 to 700 cals. I'm aiming for 1 pound loss so, I'm trying to eat 2300.... HRM are designed to be used only with ex. They are great to keep you in the 60-80% max HR zone. If you chose a HRM, you need to buy an expensive one and program in your VO2 max and keep resetting VO2 max as your fitness improves. When I get to my computer, I find the blog by Adzak that talks on pros/cons of HRMs.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My nerves are going through the roof right now. SO I am going to quickly get done what I need to do and get out of here for the rest of the day. I will check in when I can!:heart::heart:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Lacey- have a fabulous time! Take LOTS of pictures!
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    This week for posting has been a total bust. I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

My work week has been ridiculous. Seriously, seriously ridiculous.

So I'm bumping. Again, I MISS YOU.

Edit - Lacey have an amazing time! I'm still super jealous that you and Amy are meeting!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Megan - here is the link to the blog I talked about...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Lacey - have a safe flight, think of us and have a great time!!! I can't wait to see pics. If possible, drink a Bass for me or any other good draft beer... Thanks :drinker:
  • KatheryneLynne
    Options
    Lacey--have a great trip

Nava--Happy birthday. I hope you are enjoying your day. :flowerforyou:

Jessie--I know what you mean about not believing the scale. When Jeremy and I moved to Juneau we literally came with duffel bags full of clothes and nothing else. The first month we were here we lived in a hotel (housing is Juneau is in short supply and is really expensive.) I walked a mile to work each day, and only ate what we could cook in a hotel microwave. After that first month we finally found a one bedroom (1000/month--see I told you housing was expensive) that was a mile and a half from my work. Anyway, it was a couple of months before I finally had a scale to weigh myself on. Before moving to Juneau I weighed 310, at the post move weigh-in i was at 290. I changed the scales batteries twice and had Jeremy weigh himself, before I would even begin to consider that it was correct. Even then, It took me a couple of weeks before I would believe that I had managed to loose that much weight in three months.

-Katheryne
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Dood! It's 9:36 pm and I am only just sitting down to my computer for the day. I was busy picking The Hubbs up at the airport, running errands and I was with the Kid at soccer practice until after 7pm. We finally sat down to eat dinner at 7:40 (I love my crock pot). Anyways, I read everyone's posts but I don't have the time tonight to respond. I AM thinking about you all and sending you skinny vibes.

Here's my check-in for Wednesday: 2318 calories burned/ 1587 calories eaten/ 731 calorie deficit. For whoever it was that asked about HRM's, I use a Body Media Fit (like a body bugg) that I wear 23 hours a day and it monitors my calorie burn all day long. It works really awesome for me because I burn a lot of calories doing non-exercise things like cleaning or walking up and down a soccer field screaming and such. This keeps track of everything and I love it. The only thing I don't like is that it isn't exactly inconspicuous being all strapped to my upper arm so when I go sleeveless, I wear it on my left calf. It seems to log a bit higher calorie burn when I wear it on my leg but I know it does that and I adjust my intake accordingly. I love it!

I'll check in with you ladies tomorrow when I'm awake!

Lacey: T-Minus ONE WEEK till Paris!!!! I'm SOOOOOO excited to meet you there!!!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: Have a safe flight!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ugh. I'm so jealous of Amy and Lacey meeting. I'm one of the older members of the group and also will be the last to get to meet anyone. boo.

But I wish you safe travels Lacey!! And you too Amy, when the time comes. :smile:

I just got back from the gym. burned 500 cals in about 42 min on the elliptical. I think what's holding me back form doing 60 minutes on the elliptical is that I haven't done 60 straight minutes of any exercise since April. It's not specifically the elliptical that I can't do. I can't do any aerobics for an hour right now. I'm looking forward to changing that though.

Anyways, lots of chores and errands between today and tomorrow and the next day and the next day. lol. For those of you who are fb friends, you saw that I got a major hair cut yesterday. It's still long, but she cut about 4-5" from the length and added some SERIOUS layers and I freaking love it!! It looks and feels so much healthier. The last haircut I got was in March of '10. I'm not one to spend money on myself like that, but she made me so happy (and it was such a big job for her) that I tipped her $10 on a $14 cut. It's seriously that awesome! Now that I have the style I've wanted forever, I think I can pass up the urge to get it chopped off to my chin/shoulders next summer.

Let me know if you want to be fb friends, btw. :smile:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Katheryne - We've got the same housing shortage/price issue here because of oil work. We're still cheaper than most places, because paying $450+ for a 2 bedroom place was absurd here a couple years ago - and mostly every job here is minimum wage.

Kendal - That sounds like a pretty awesome haircut! I cut my own, and right now I have a nerd boy haircut that's in the process of growing out, so it's shaggy and terrible. I'm not sure what to do with it, but I do miss pigtails, so dealing with it is SO worth it. I got to see rams today! (I love all things fluffy and sheepy.) Oh! Editting this to add that I'd love to be FB friends. facebook.com/kerlaine :D

Tonight I have a volleyball game to work the board for, tomorrow night I have homecoming then open mic at the Bluegrass Festival, then Saturday I'm back out at the Bluegrass Festival and the high school rodeo. So glad my press pass gets me into places for free, because I don't want to pay $15 for the festival. I never realized how much I walk when I'm taking pictures until I worked over the fair weekend - I walked around 5 miles each morning, finding people for them to interview so I could take pictures. Almost all community events (like the rodeo, and the festival, and today's ram sale) are at the fairgrounds, which equals lots of walking.
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Anyone else feel the need to pick me apart and make me cry? Here's your chance, please feel free to do so. Maybe I should disappear or crawl into a shell for twenty years.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Victoria - Being a small town there's very limited optons out here. The hospital is pretty much it, and being an Enrolled Nurse rather than a Registered Nurse, my options are even more limited. I'm trying for a change, otherwise, Isaac said that it's ok with him if i go back to being casual on-call once he's permanently out at the mines. So there's a few possibilities, and it means so much to me that he's supporting me.

Katheryne - Aww i'm glad i could make you smile!! I have to admit, I slept with my teddy Morgan up until i moved in with Isaac a year ago!! He now lives on top of our nice cabinet in the loungeroom.

Earthsember - yay for 207. Lets see if we can get there! Yeah, online dating has become much more common and more socially accepted recently. My other Half is considering making up some elaborate story about how we met for his wedding speech... (p.s. if you pop your name in your signature we can remember it!)

Lacey - Have an AWESOME time!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Hailie - i'm sorry people have been unkind to you... you know no-one here would ever do that to you, we are your safe place!

WI for this week - 219.4! that's minus 1.3lb! Totally stoked! Have also lost 1cm from around my tummy. Happy girl. Especially stoked considering i've not been walking the last couple of days (sheer exhaustion) and have been going through quite a high intake of red wine. But, on the other hand, the Wii Fit is kicking my butt!! My muscles ache in the most incredible way. I've not had a burn like this in ages, not even when i did 30DS!! I'm going to get out with the pups today though... poor little loves, being cooped up in the house the last few days! :frown: i feel so bad for them. That's the problem with finding exercise options around the house - there is less absolute need to walk!

I'm also thinking of getting Zumba for the Wii. Sounds like fun!
  • megruder
    Options
    Ok, I had an appt with my substitute therapist this afternoon and I'm feeling a bit better. The situation hasn't really improved, but whatever... Anyhow, I might as well take control of at least one thing in my life so I'll try the weight loss thing again. As I've been out of the loop, and haven't had a chance to catch-up I'll re-introduce myself and bring everyone else up to speed along the way.

I'm 32 and am happily partnered to a wonderful woman. We have three small dogs that we consider our children. Job-wise, um... in limbo at the moment. Eventually, we will move to Chicago and I will finally pursue my theatre administration career. I am currently hanging out at around 235 lbs. I reached my heaviest last year at 278. I've been "on the heavy side" since the second grade, while in college I dropped from 230 to 200, but gained that back plus some over the years. I began working out and eating healthier in January of this year and started feeling much better about myself and life in general. I then joined MFP and this group back in May. By early August I had reached the low-to-mid 230s, when life got in the way. My eating has been not-so-good and I've pretty much stopped working out, but at least I've maintained for the past six weeks, for the most part. :bigsmile: However, I've come to realize how important the exercise and better eating was to my overall well-being. I've felt like crap and am much more tired than I was just two months ago. This is how I ALWAYS used to feel. Plus, I've found my GI system has reverted back to some temperamental-ness that I had gotten rid of by eating better and exercising. So, it is time to get back to it and start feeling better again.

So... as for goals for this challenge, I'm gonna go easy on myself.
    1. Recharge BodyMedia, reset goals and begin wearing it again.
    2. Log meals. Eating smarter again will come later.
    3. Go to gym at least 3 times a week.
    4. Check-in with this group at least 3 times a week.

I've done this before and I can get back to doing it again. To all the ladies that have been here for awhile, just knowing you were here was a big help over the past month or so. I'm happy to get back and know that your support will help with all the potholes I'm bound to hit. To all the new ladies, welcome and I'm excited to meet each of you! Have a great Thursday night!

Katie
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Hailie - *huuuuuge hugs* Sorry people suck. Really, 'eff em. Show them how very very wrong they are. We all love you here. <3

Katie - Glad to get to know you. :) I know you're not new, but you're pretty new to me!

Exciting moment for the day: I'm wearing a shirt that's got one of those wonky tighter elastic bands around the bottom, and I thought it was sliding down when I left my meeting this afternoon... nope, my jeans! Yay! That's kind of a moment of sadness, too, because all my good jeans are 24's, so I'm really not ready to move into 22's and deal with craptastic jeans.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Katie, we're always here for you! It's good to see you setting manageable goals for yourself. Welcome back!
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! I'm trying to get myself on track after a horrific weight gain in the 5 months since my wedding...Even before that I wasn't where I wanted to be, but now it's getting ridiculous!

Now that I'm married and considering starting a family, I feel there's no better time than now to get my weight together. When I do start my family, I want to be a healthy weight during my pregnancy. I also want to be able to maintain weight loss after so that I can be an active parent and teach my kids about how important it is. Weight gain is an issue for my entire family.

I also want to be able to pick out any outfit in a normal store and find it in my size! There are a host of other reasons that I'm ready to quit yo-yo dieting and get it together forever. Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other, and read my blog!

Current weight: 236.2

I'm excited for this and it comes at a perfect time!

Regina
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Kendall- took your advice and bumped it to 1550. We will see.

Victoria- can't wait to read that link when im not on my phone! Thank you all for letting me know about your monitors. Im hoping to have the funds soon or ask for one at christmas.

Thinking about all y'all! Looking forward to a great challenge!
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    earthsember - YES! Getting in exercise with a little one under foot can be such a challenge! Hibernating is so much easier... :laugh: Luckily, I do have a gym membership with a daycare, I have some workout DVDs also and I'm hoping between these options, I can beat the urge to go into hiding until spring. :tongue: And when you're already running on very little sleep, working out can be the last thing you wanna do.

Apryl - I know of Stacy. :smile: Yea, I think it's nice knowing that there are some people in the group that aren't across the country, or even world. Of course, we still love the ones that are! :flowerforyou:

Victoria - I've looked into a HRM, but with finances as tight as they are right now I haven't been able to find the means to justify the purchase. I'm hoping to be able to at some point though. Thanks for the insight!

Lacey and Amy - HAVE FUN!!!

Kendall - I wanna be FB friends! *jumps up and down up and down* Lol.

Hailie - I'm sorry you had such a rough day. We're always here for you. *hug*

As for me? Ugh, I'm a mess. I really wanna start working out but I'm sicker than sick right now and have A LOT going on. I went into urgent care on Tuesday after feeling increasingly crummy since Sunday and was diagnosed with bronchitis, a sinus infection, and ear infections in both my ears. I kinda sorta maybe started to feel a little better after a crap-ton of medications yesterday, but then last night was MISERABLE. I went back into the ER because I couldn't breathe or stop coughing. I was there until 4am and left with an additional diagnosis of pneumonia. :frown: Now the baby seems like she's starting to feel under the weather too and I'm just dreading trying to nurse myself back to health while she's as miserable as I am.

I also have been talking to a lot of my friends and family about putting my 14 year old Golden Retriever down in the next month or so. She has very severe arthritis and I didn't want to put her through another excruciating winter. Well today, she's been super sick... Been vomiting and having diarrhea all over the house, she hasn't eaten in 3 days, just overall blah... And now I'm trying to convince myself that putting her down tomorrow is the right decision. Even though I feel like it is, she's still so happy and it's never an easy decision to make. *sigh*
  • JeanAnn42
    Options
    I need some support! I am 5' 8" and am at 200 lbs right now. I have lost 21 pounds since the beginning of August. I work out about 3 times a week for 30 minutes or so on a circuit group of eliptical, stair master, treadmill and gazelle.
    I have been married for 22 years to a wonderful guy who pretty much has stayed about the same weight (slim) while I have the yo-yo thing going on. We have three children, 22, 20 and 18, so every pound on me right now is my own doing :sad:
    If you look at my profile it says it all--I want my outside to match my inside.
    My goals: 190 by Thanksgiving
    Stay true to my exercise regime. This sounds silly, but I am a middle school principal with crazy hours during football season.

10045733.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Crystal;
    I feel you on the dog thing.. We put down our Siberian husky last year after letting it drag out for a year. My mom just couldn't handle putting him down till he was at his most miserable. We absolutely loved him. He was he best dog we ever owned. Thankfully she did it before winter hit. I don't think he would have made it by then.

I hope you feel better! I've had all of those, but not at the same time!