Shakeology

Options

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Roughly every 3 to 4 hours... and that can be fruit, or anything... usually something in the neighborhood of 150 calories. Of course if you are a dietitian or a Doctor with a differing opinion maybe you should submit a thesis for peer discussion.

not a dietician or doc, but have a read

http://www­.ncbi.nlm.­nih.gov/pu­bmed/19943­985
    This study shows there was no difference in weight loss between subjects with high/low meal frequencie­s.

http://www­.ncbi.nlm.­nih.gov/pu­bmed/91554­94
    Evidence supports that meal frequency has nothing to do with energy in the subjects.

http://www­.ncbi.nlm.­nih.gov/pu­bmed/11319­656
    Yet again, no difference in energy in the subjects compared to 2 meals/d to 6 meals/d.

http://www­.ncbi.nlm.­nih.gov/pu­bmed/19059­98
    Eur J Clin Nutr. 1991 Mar;45(3):­161-9.Link­s
    Influence of the feeding frequency on nutrient utilizatio­n in man: consequenc­es for energy metabolism­.

http://www­.ncbi.nlm.­nih.gov/pu­bmed/11319­656
    Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001 Apr;25(4):­519-28.Lin­ks
    Compared with nibbling, neither gorging nor a morning fast affect short-term energy balance in obese patients in a chamber calorimete­r.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Then you must live in some tiny little town with a bunch of mama and papa stores Or you are lying. There is no way $122 will feed a family for a week.
    I live in the TRI VALLEY AREA in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of the most expensive places to live. Hell anywhere in CA is expensive to live. Lol, I like how you said NO WAY. Look at how much I spent on someone else's groceries. He spent $60 and I spent $26. And it's verifiable online just go to Safeway and look up the prices.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    HAHA less than $100 a week for groceries; not in my world, I feed two teenagers and myself and I spend anywhere from $120 to $180 a week at Wal-Mart which is the cheapest place here to purchase groceries. And that isn't even buying a lot of fresh fruit or vegetables.
    If there's a weight issue, then that could be the reason. I'm sure I'll pay more when my daughter turns to a teen, but probably not much more. I control the budget in the house and know how to make the best of it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Definately not anymore... Obama stopped that with all the taxes.
    Lol or that the banks, mortgage companies and hedge funders f*cked the American public out of billions of dollars that caused it all in the first place.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well if it is in print good enough... although I couldn't get any of those links to work... actually I tire of this entire thread since fitness is a personal issue and you I and everyone else will do what works for us. I am not out to convince you of anything and really care less what works for you since it in no way affects me. Good luck in your fitness journey. I’m outta here since this discussion could go on forever.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well if it is in print good enough... although I couldn't get any of those links to work... actually I tire of this entire thread since fitness is a personal issue and you I and everyone else will do what works for us. I am not out to convince you of anything and really care less what works for you since it in no way affects me. Good luck in your fitness journey. I’m outta here since this discussion could go on forever.
    While that's true, there are methods that are basics for everyone. As a Fitness Professional, every client I've ever had did strength, cardio and calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think Shakeology is great and really contributed to my weight loss.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Then you must live in some tiny little town with a bunch of mama and papa stores Or you are lying. There is no way $122 will feed a family for a week.
    I live in the TRI VALLEY AREA in the San Francisco Bay Area. One of the most expensive places to live. Hell anywhere in CA is expensive to live. Lol, I like how you said NO WAY. Look at how much I spent on someone else's groceries. He spent $60 and I spent $26. And it's verifiable online just go to Safeway and look up the prices.

I still call BS. If you feed your family 3 meals a day and assuming you have a family of 4 people. That is like $1-2 per person per meal. Even if you buy generic food at a discount shopping place. That price seems very far fetched. But hey whatever. If you actually do make that work then good for you!

And regardless. This is going off topic.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I still call BS. If you feed your family 3 meals a day and assuming you have a family of 4 people. That is like $1-2 per person per meal. Even if you buy generic food at a discount shopping place. That price seems very far fetched. But hey whatever. If you actually do make that work then good for you!
    Family of 3. A 7 year old. And that would be like $4.76 a meal. You can get that at Mcdonald's 3x a day for less food and less quality. Even at 4 people that would be $3.57 a meal (your math is off) and still doable.
    Call it what you want. Like I said prices are online at Safeway.
    I know that you're an MLM distributor so you HAVE try to sell your product, but don't make up false numbers to do it.
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    I thought it was all a bunch of baloney until I did this 3 day Shakeology cleanse with some friends. It was 3 shakes with water, 2-4 fruits a day and a salad with 4 oz chicken or fish. No dairy. 2 cups of green tea. Oh man I felt like I could climb Everest after 3 days and all my cravings for sugar went away and haven't been back yet. I am a sugar freak and I just wasn't the least bit interested in it anymore. Now I drink one a day not as a meal replacement but after a workout. It's not that expensive really if you factor it out as a meal replacement. I buy it in the big loose bag rather than the packets---it's cheaper. Good Luck!
  • lanaholt
    Options
    I'm also a Shakeology lover. I'm a personal trainer and group exercise instructor, so I did alot of research before trying. It's about the purest, whole food shake you can find. The price is because they went above and beyond on the quality of the ingredients. Sure, it's expensive when you just look at the price. You're paying for quality ingredients. It's like the higher price we pay for organic foods and grass fed meats. I don't know about any other shakes that have Camu Camu, Sacha Inchi, Astagalus root, etc in them. I priced alot of these items separately and it would be impossible to combine them into an edible shake with a comparable price. Well, there's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

(Note, I am a rep for the company, but I truly do love the product, or I would not be a Beachbody Coach and get my 25% off... I'm not trying to sell it to you. You can buy it from someone else. I don't mind.)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm also a Shakeology lover. I'm a personal trainer and group exercise instructor, so I did alot of research before trying. It's about the purest, whole food shake you can find. The price is because they went above and beyond on the quality of the ingredients. Sure, it's expensive when you just look at the price. You're paying for quality ingredients. It's like the higher price we pay for organic foods and grass fed meats. I don't know about any other shakes that have Camu Camu, Sacha Inchi, Astagalus root, etc in them. I priced alot of these items separately and it would be impossible to combine them into an edible shake with a comparable price. Well, there's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

(Note, I am a rep for the company, but I truly do love the product, or I would not be a Beachbody Coach and get my 25% off... I'm not trying to sell it to you. You can buy it from someone else. I don't mind.)
    Sorry it's expensive because it's an MLM. I'm very very familiar with MLM's and the BONUSES for every level come from the price of the product. If the product was cheap, then no one but the manufactuer and owner would make money. The gist of any MLM is to make money of products that people will use CONTINUOUSLY. Amway, Mary Kay, etc. all work this way. Everyone get a cut from your upline, to their upline, to their upline, etc. Call it what it really is.
    Most "exotic" ingredients are bunk. Whether taken solely or included in another product.

And I guess I'd pump up Shakeology if I had to pay $100 each month to stay active as coach.........oh wait part of that $100 is to pay for the shakes, which would be a shame to waste.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

if they went above and beyond why did they use cyanocobalamin as their form of B12? and why if this is a MRP did they use whey instead of a blend or micellar casein?
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 everyday (1 single serve split in 2, that is) and it works great for me. I don't really use it as a meal replacement though. You can, certainly, if you have the entire shake in one go (the single serve is HUGE). My favorite is chocolate + 1 tsp natural PB + 6 ice cubes + water. Delicious. I love how I can just add water and blend it and it comes out thick.

The first time I tried it, I wasn't a fan. But once I found that perfect blend combo, I loved it. I get 2 boxes a month. One box I give to my mom. She loves it to help control her blood glucose levels (type 2 diabetic).
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't ever replace a meal with a shake.......add one before or after a workout - you bet. For a snack when I'm in a hurry? Ok. But I like to eat. JMO.

i agree i don't think i could just drink a shake for a main meal.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    To spitfire and channa: Guess I'm not the only one who can survive off $100 a week in groceries. As you can see, there are many here that do just fine.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/343291-how-much-do-you-spend-on-groceries-each-week?page=1#posts-4624836
  • Spitfirex007
    Options
    Family of 3. A 7 year old. And that would be like $4.76 a meal. You can get that at Mcdonald's 3x a day for less food and less quality. Even at 4 people that would be $3.57 a meal (your math is off) and still doable.
    Call it what you want. Like I said prices are online at Safeway.
    I know that you're an MLM distributor so you HAVE try to sell your product, but don't make up false numbers to do it.

EDIT: Ugh some people on these forums..

I tried to drop it once. As I said, if you can somehow make $122 a week work for you and your family. GREAT! But please don't spread BS on other threads and learn basic math before you correct me on mine. I am done with this topic. :smile: enjoy your day.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    But please don't spread BS on other threads and learn basic math before you correct me on mine. I am done with this topic.
    Let's see $100 divided by 21 (7 days x 3 meals) meals is $4.76 per meal. Divided by 28 (7 days x 3 meals for 4 people) is $3.57 per meal. Hmmmmmm. Looks right to me and according to calculator.com it's right too. So yes, my math is correct where yours was grossly under. Unless of course you're charging people to do math for them.:wink:
    So the debate was whether or not Shakeology would be more "cost" effective for a meal................answer is no. So eat up people.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    But please don't spread BS on other threads and learn basic math before you correct me on mine. I am done with this topic.
    Let's see $100 divided by 21 (7 days x 3 meals) meals is $4.76 per meal. Divided by 28 (7 days x 3 meals for 4 people) is $3.57 per meal. Hmmmmmm. Looks right to me and according to calculator.com it's right too. So yes, my math is correct where yours was grossly under. Unless of course you're charging people to do math for them.:wink:
    So the debate was whether or not Shakeology would be more "cost" effective for a meal................answer is no. So eat up people.

Since I am good with math (math textbook editor), you divide $100 by 63 (7 days x 3 meals x 3 people) to find cost per person per meal and $100 by 84 (7 days x 3 meals x 4 people) if the $100 is used to feed all the people for a week. In which case, Spitfire is correct in the math aspect of this discussion.
  • Spitfirex007
    Options

4 people x 3 meals a day = 12 meals a day. 12 x 7 days of the week = 84. $100 allowance divided by the 84 meals is going to be $1.19 per meal.