what is your ideal number of kids?

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    One.

I never wanted one of my own. I was perfectly happy with my nieces, nephews & friends kids until I had my own. I would trade him for the world but, I also do not want any more.
  • 1!

Nothing more. Nothing less.

have to say i agree...i have one...and im more than happy with my 4 yr old son...i love him n love to spoil him ...as much as i can and love to give him what my parents wernt able to do for me.....=)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I have 2. My ideal is maybe 4 or 6? I would happily keep going with more babies, live on a farm and home school them. My husband has other ideas.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Zero! I'm too selfish to have any kids.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    I would have loved to have 4. But ended up with 2... So now must wait for grandkids. :love:
    If they have any...me and my younger brother are both not planning on having any.

Word. I am currently in trouble with my Mother for not giving her grandchildren. My father jokes about it. (They're not married to each other). My brother, on the other hand, has given them TWO grandsons. But for some odd reason, my children will be different because I'm the first born yada yada yada.

I'm not spawning for one reason: My children will take over the world and nobody wants that.
  • None, because I'm too selfish and kids would interrupt my life.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I would have loved to have 4. But ended up with 2... So now must wait for grandkids. :love:
    If they have any...me and my younger brother are both not planning on having any.

Word. I am currently in trouble with my Mother for not giving her grandchildren. My father jokes about it. (They're not married to each other). My brother, on the other hand, has given them TWO grandsons. But for some odd reason, my children will be different because I'm the first born yada yada yada.

I'm not spawning for one reason: My children will take over the world and nobody wants that.

They'll run into some fairly stiff competition from my children. My firstborn's ambition is to take over the world with giant robots. And be a ballet dancing rock star. He has high ambitions.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I received a sage piece of advice from a phlebotomist when I was pregnant with my daughter...don't let them outnumber you.
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    For me it's 3. And that's exactly what I got. I never had a "set" number. I had 1 then knew I wanted a 2nd. After that the hubby was pretty sure he didn't want more, but I wasn't sure. I never felt "complete". Then here come a surprise pregnancy with #3 and I felt complete. The hubster said he couldn't imagine not having 3 and God knew exactly what he was doing.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    2 kids (one boy and one girl) I have both.....so I'm done, my life is complete.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    I wanted 10, but only got 1, but he's the equivalent of 10 so I guess you take what you can get. LOL
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    1 would be enough for me
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    I have a 2 yr old boy and want another one (preferrably girl) probably in 2 years or so... I wish I already had 2 though because I am going to bust my butt to lose all this weight and then get pregnant again and gain some weight back. I know that's just part of it, but I can't help thinking about how much that is going to suck.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    i have 2 and want 1 more
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    zero. child free by choice and hoping to find someone someday either already has children (preferably two or fewer) or who feels the same.
  • 2! But I have 3!! And now, I couldn't imagine life without my little "Benjo"! And since, having him almost killed me (literally), he is the end - 2 girls and 1 boy.
  • I had 3 girls...(ages 12, 4, 3) the oldest lives with her dad in Hawaii. I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got now. They are a handful lol. NO MORE KIDS !
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    I want two. 1 boy and 1 girl..... That's it. My boyfriend has 1 already. So, 3 kids!!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Zero...I have a puppy now and I'm thinking about getting my tubes tied.
  • I'd love three - two girls and a boy.