DAILY SMILE Room . . Please stop by.

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Today is Friday. That makes me smile. :smile: Last night my son was working on his homework on the computer. He's attending the Seattle Art Institute. He was creating a room with a chair and a table with a glass, plate and silverware on it. I can't remember what the program is called but I think it's 2D animation or something. But he was so excited because he figured the program out. It looked pretty difficult to me. But it made me smile watching him get so excited about it.
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't have the time right now to read all of them - but this thread makes me smile!!

Happy Birthday to all having their birthdays - and congrats on that gorgeous new babe (that REALLY makes me smile, as I'm a grandma... and now all babies make me smile. Which is one of the reasons I love riding our public transportation here [the 'T'] - there's always moms & their babies on board.. which makes me SMILE!!

Recent thing that really made me smile, inside & out:

I have two dogs (used to be three, but my old guy passed away about a yr ago). Their both getting older (like me, haha) and my little one, Sammy (he's probably part Papillion, we think), started to stare at me two days ago when I sat down to eat at the table. Usually I have my meals in front of the computer (sad, I know). Maybe it was that I was at the table this time - I don't know. But I finally realized Sammy was telling me he wanted me to pick him up. :bigsmile: Usually lately he'll only do that when we have a thunderstorm (or even just rains, as he's terrified of storms). But this time it was just - to cuddle, just like he used to do when he was a much younger guy!!

It was so cute - and felt like he was a pup again! 'Course, to me - he's always been & always will be my pup!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    La Comadreja
    Love the baby pics. . so so cute. . thank you for stopping by and sharing them. . .

Sitstaygimmeeaki:

Thank you so much for your kind comment. . I am glad that you enjoyed the thread. . Hope to see you again sometime.
    I just love woofies. . they are the best pals. . so I understand what it is to lose one. .I had a cocker for about 13 years. . but now here at moms house we have a she-poo which is 12 and adorable as ever. totally fun. Her dog likes to sit in my lap when I am working on the computer as well. . so fun.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Looks like it has been revived and is thriving!

Seeing positive change makes me SMILE. Especially when I've brought it on myself.

The things my 4 and 1/2 year old comes up with makes me SMILE. For instance, her Daddy sang "You are so beautiful to me" when she came out "modeling" dress up clothes and saying "How do I look?". Her response: "Daddy, you'll get lots of girls if you keep singing that song!" LOL
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Great thread! Looks like it has been revived and is thriving!

Seeing positive change makes me SMILE. Especially when I've brought it on myself.

The things my 4 and 1/2 year old comes up with makes me SMILE. For instance, her Daddy sang "You are so beautiful to me" when she came out "modeling" dress up clothes and saying "How do I look?". Her response: "Daddy, you'll get lots of girls if you keep singing that song!" LOL

This gave me a totally big grin.. I could just picture that scenario. . that so precious. . .:bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I love reading the comments on this thread. They make me smile. Thanks for starting this thread Jade. I'm glad it's still going. :flowerforyou:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    We just finished a rousing game of Spouseology with three other couples. We didn't win, but it was fun. :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    We just finished a rousing game of Spouseology with three other couples. We didn't win, but it was fun. :)

Now that sounds terrifically fun. . would love to know how that is played. . .Hope to see you again sometime~:bigsmile:
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!:flowerforyou:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    :smile: Good morning all you gorgeous and lovely sexy people:flowerforyou: . . . I hope that you have a wonderful saturday fun-filled with friends, family, or just wherever life takes you. .

I will be spending my day making jewelry, baking banana bread, working on my website posting new things. . :heart:

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change."
    -Bill Phillips

"My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure."
    -Milton Garland
  • mommared53
    Options
    My son makes me smile when he gets so excited about being in college. He's so much like me in that he's always had to struggle and has had to deal with issues of low self esteem. My daughter on the other had is just the opposite. She's always had very high self esteem and is so intelligent and such a go getter. She's been very successful when it comes to education and careers. My son is 25 and just now in college studying something he really has a passion for (art). When he gets excited about finally understanding a new assignment, he's like a little kid at Christmas. I just love it! :happy:

Edited to add:

I really like the two quotes Jade. Thanks for posting them. :flowerforyou:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Hi betty. . .Yes that is the great thing about our kids is that they are special and unique. . But just to have your kids go to college is wonderful. So many these days don't do anything to further their education. Me I didn't go to college full-time till I was 29, but I got there. . I still have to finish the remainder of my degree due to this thing called work. . lol But now I am in school to be a trainer. . so it's all good.

I can certainly understand about getting excited when you finally understand something new though as when I was in HS I really did average at math and really didn't care for it, but when in college and taking algebra. . I was just fascinated by it and really loved it when I could figure out the equations and how they function and work. . Kind of like puzzles. .

So what do you like to do Betty? Thank you so much for being a good friend and coming by and leaving your kind words.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

Now that sounds terrifically fun. . would love to know how that is played. . .Hope to see you again sometime~:bigsmile:

It's kind of like the old Newlywed game. A question is asked and both memebers of the couple answer separately. If the answers match, they get a point. The categories are Romance, Finances, Home and Family, Stress, and Just for Fun.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options

It's kind of like the old Newlywed game. A question is asked and both memebers of the couple answer separately. If the answers match, they get a point. The categories are Romance, Finances, Home and Family, Stress, and Just for Fun.

Oh. . I love this. .what a fantastic way to spend the evening. . Thank you for stopping back in and taking the time to explain it to me. . :bigsmile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    :bigsmile: Yes that's right I am bumping my own thread. . I would love to see more happy thoughts commence. . I just love it!:heart:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Okay. . I am way grinning today. . total fat tooth day. . . cheese enchilada plate, chocolate chip cheese cake, and wine. . got to spend time with my brother, his wife and my nephews. .. Gave my bro and his wife their birthday presents. . She loved her necklace I made. . so all was fabulous.

How did your day go everyone??? I love hearing smile notes.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    7vzal287ni.jpg
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Today is my fiancee's bday! I am happy and smiling because even though *I* couldnt get today off, he did and that is hard to pull off so I am glad he is at home relaxing <3
  • mommared53
    Options
    Yesterday when my daughter came over to clean my carpets she brought my grandson with her. On one point he asked his Uncle Steve how old he was and Steve told him he was 25. Then Grandson said, I know how old Grandma is. Steve said, "How old is Grandma?" Grandson said, 'Grandma is 50 years old." :happy: God bless his little heart! I told him he was now my favorite grandson. :laugh: :laugh: I didn't tell him Grandma was actually 57. :bigsmile:
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't really happy....but.....its still nice. Thought maybe yall could cheer me up:(

"Nothing is as powerful as love.Nothing in the world can cause both intense love and painful hate. Nothing can make you go from pure happiness to solemn heartbreak and anger. Nothing can deem you unfixable and unhealable such as the feeling of love does. Nothing can make you so magnificently happy and then cause the world to flip upside down and hail to fall over your head. Nothing. Nothing as love". Robert Beckerdale from Soc Class today