BL Black Team Challenge Week #2

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Well, you know it wasn't me because I would've eaten the pie and thrown an empty tin.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Well, you know it wasn't me because I would've eaten the pie and thrown an empty tin.

:laugh: :laugh: Ditto! Well, maybe not... That would have meant more Ab work...! :noway:

I'm doing the 200 sit-up challenge and I'm trying to get back into the swing of doing the 30 day shred. I'm up for the challenge tho! :wink:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sara-- hit the mats everyone!! :wink:

No problem, lady! Just be sure to duck from flying objects. :tongue:

What's that?
    D'OH!!!!!!!
    pie_face.jpg

YUM .. pie! No fair!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Abb work ......i can do that. No pie or shoe thowing here:smile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey, are we going to specify how much ab work? Or can I just do 20 crunches and call it a day????
    0:)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey, are we going to specify how much ab work? Or can I just do 20 crunches and call it a day????

Ummmmmmm-- well, shucks-- I don't know-- maybe just have everyone on the honor system? After 9 kids, my abs are on the floor, so I'm just crunching every night until "exhaustion" which doesn't take long-- :wink:

I'm open to suggestions and amendments--
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I"m in..

I only had 2 kids, but 1 was 10 lbs at birth, so I'm not really sure I still have muscles under there...:noway: :noway:

Would be good to find out.. janiebeth
  • Vanessa414
    Options

Ummmmmmm-- well, shucks-- I don't know-- maybe just have everyone on the honor system? After 9 kids, my abs are on the floor, so I'm just crunching every night until "exhaustion" which doesn't take long-- :wink:

WOO LADY! You have 9 kids!??!?! That is SO COOL!!! I've always wanted lots of kids but BF didn't even want the one we have now (Not that he doesn't anymore, he loves him to death, but he doesn't want anymore). I'll be lucky if I get one more. :sad:
  • nickybr38
    Options

YOU HAD TO BRING HONOR INTO THIS DIDN'T YOU. How did you find out my secret identity as the only lady knight ever?? HONOR OR DEATH.

:laugh: :laugh:

*SIGH* 20 crunches is all I can do before I die... I'm really, really not good with ab work. I've always been super sensitive about my stomach due to some health issues in the past (ulcers, allergies, etc). BUT I guess now is the time to overcome these silly little 'issues' eh?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL Nicky, you crack me up.

Think of it as a challenge to yourself. Prove to YOU that you can do it! If you can do 20 today, push for 21 tomorrow, & 25 by Sunday. Heck, by the end of the challenge, maybe you'll be up to 30! You never know!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't get off the floor enough to really feel anything-- crunches seem like they do nothing, so I'm more working on lower abs-- bicycle type stuff, and then reaching for my feet-- at least I'm feeling it and it seems to be having "some" result. I think I have totally blown my muscles apart forever-- but we'll see.

Sorry about the honor-- giggle.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    ok....i just did 100 crunches after my treadmill workout. I had to make myself do them....im so BLAH today:indifferent:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    ok....i just did 100 crunches after my treadmill workout. I had to make myself do them....im so BLAH today:indifferent:

You're my hero! :flowerforyou: Way to go girlie!
  • nickybr38
    Options

100 crunches!!!!!!! That's amazing!!!!! :noway:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    ok Im in. Haven't done those in forever but will do my very best :tongue:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    100 crunches, oh my goodness. I just did 10 and thought I would die. I have no ab muscle at all. I will commit to doing 10 in the morning and 10 at night. I was wondering if somebody could please share some other simple ab exercises. My son told me to lay down and then rest on my feet and my elbows if that makes any sense. I felt it do something but good or bad, I don''t know. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    For all of you that have a hard time doing a lot of crunches, if you want to do more. Do 10 rest and repeat several times. I'm like marla, I can do crunches till I'm blue in the face and don't feel it. I tend to do the bicycle thing also.

To do it you lay on your back. pull one knee to your chest and extent the other leg, the closer to the grownd you can get it the better, then you lift your head and shoulders off the ground and keep them up and switch your legs. I do this until I get a really good burn, rest then repeat.

Here is the best ab exercise ever though. Let me see if I can explain it well. First you need a partner. You lay on your back on the floor and your partner stands with one foot on each side of your head. Their ankles should be by your ears. You then grab hold of their ankles. Next you cross your legs and lift them into the air so there is a 90 degree angle between your body and your legs. Now your partner needs to try to shove your legs back down to the grownd and you need to try to keep them in the air. They just put their hands on your calves and shove similar to pushing a swing. They can go straight or a little to either side. Once you get the hang of it you will be able to really feel it.

I challenge each of you to try this at least once this week.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Anna, that sounds kinky.:indifferent:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    For all of you that have a hard time doing a lot of crunches, if you want to do more. Do 10 rest and repeat several times. I'm like marla, I can do crunches till I'm blue in the face and don't feel it. I tend to do the bicycle thing also.

To do it you lay on your back. pull one knee to your chest and extent the other leg, the closer to the grownd you can get it the better, then you lift your head and shoulders off the ground and keep them up and switch your legs. I do this until I get a really good burn, rest then repeat.

Here is the best ab exercise ever though. Let me see if I can explain it well. First you need a partner. You lay on your back on the floor and your partner stands with one foot on each side of your head. Their ankles should be by your ears. You then grab hold of their ankles. Next you cross your legs and lift them into the air so there is a 90 degree angle between your body and your legs. Now your partner needs to try to shove your legs back down to the grownd and you need to try to keep them in the air. They just put their hands on your calves and shove similar to pushing a swing. They can go straight or a little to either side. Once you get the hang of it you will be able to really feel it.

I challenge each of you to try this at least once this week.

I'm gonna try this with BF tomorrow, sounds like a great ab work out! I too can do a gazillion crunches and have no results, always have, not sure why!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, I knew they would have something on youtube, check this out. Don't do too many or you will be sore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkbYH2V-3o